The stupid military budget

> The military budget is 164 times more than the NCI (cancer research) budget.
> 600,000 people die each year in the US because of some form of cancer.
> 30 people die each year in the US by some form of terrorist attack (including mass shootings).

I wonder if Sup Forums is OK with this. I personally think it's extremely stupid.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immunotherapy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What makes you think pouring more money on the Cancer Research Insitute will equal no cancer at all?

Note also that part of the NASA budget and the DOE budget is used to fund militaristic projects.

>Giving more money to something means it will work

The difference between science and military is science is fewer people, less infrastructure, etc. you can only spend so much money in searching for a cure before it becomes excess.

The military is different. You have substantially more individuals to pay, you have to pay for their college and any benefits. Then there's equipment, housing, and so forth.

Not saying you are, but most pro-communist folks hate the military getting such a massive budget.

The US Military is structured very similarly to Communism. Imagine if that applied to everyone in the United States... The budget would be ridiculously larger, and that is why Communists have nothing.

Cancer research is a scam. Throwing more money into it won't miraculously discover a cancer cure.

I do agree that the military spending is basically right wing welfare and keeps soldiers voting for guns but at least it is veiled in pro-America values.

Because to a lefty money = results. If we burned piles of cash to the magical science god there would be no disease, no natural disaster, and energy would appear magically if you thought hard enough.

WOW I can not believe you are so massively stupid, did you faggots even finish high-school?

You probably don't know that we now have the power of gene editing, and we can actually reprogram our immune system to target specific tumors:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immunotherapy

This process is very promising and it's already being used. The main issue right now is the cost.

>Because to a lefty money = results.
Which is why we are spending that much in military right? because muh lefties

IDIOT

So they already have the technology, and they have a budget assign. Do they even have a proposed quantity of money they would need to make it sustainable? Or they expect the government to just assign them a gazillion dollars?

Because we need F-35's to fight Toyota Trucks

>not realizing the military is one of the biggest tech innovators

who the fuck do you think designed early internet prototypes like arpanet?

>We have the power of gene editing
>Process is promising and being used

You clearly don't understand what Immunotherapy is.

It is already established that it works for select cancers out there, but not all. The issue now is not cost either, the issue is that it's not worth the investment.

>We don't need to ever upgrade and progress our military
>What is WW2 Japan

AND....the military is filled with faggots, bitches, and minorities that don't give a shit about anything but a paycheck.

Yes when there are several other systems that can perform the same job at much lower costs.

We don't fight our allies silly.
The F35s are for when y'all get that Russia war you want so badly. And the eventual China war in a couple decades.

throwing money at a cure for any disease.

mfw

sometimes dead is better and it helps offset the global population boom.

LOL????? YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SO PLEASE FUCK OFF

It's stupid, but since you guys love wars it leaves us Europeans with money for free education and healthcare. So we don't care, you should put more money into your millitary in case we figure out some wars you can do for us

My dad is a defense contractor, so this benefits me personally.

>sometimes dead is better and it helps offset the global population boom.
So with this logic, just don't have a military either.

Okay let's give the budget to the NCI, maybe they can discover the cure for being occupied by a foreign government.

If it's so obvious then why don't you tell me how that I don't know what I'm talking about? You're probably a troll, but 4/10 for making me respond.

Several other systems... Such as?

If you mean the many other aircraft currently in the arsenal, moving things down to one type of aircraft will cost less in the long term. Cheaper training(because it's the only training), only one school for flights, only have to order parts for one type of airframe, and so forth.

the military can accelerate thinning the herd, if necessary. or just use multiple nukes on india and china. most bang for the buck.

>Have top universities in the world
>Bright people from all around the world come to study and work for you
>Waste money on greatest ally and wars for greatest ally instead of using that money for your countryman
>Not dumping billions of dollars for space travel and eventual colonisation
>Not closing every single overseas base and focusing on having your military only defend your own country
>Saying that companies like intel that were created by americans are actually Israeli companies
>Allowing bankers to influence your government
>Wasting money on useless shit instead of higher education.

tfw burgers don't even try to do anything besides war and hollywood.

Our allies need their subsidies, clearly nothing can be done.