Miracle of Dunkirk

Why did Hitler call off all advances and allow the Anglos to calmly and methodically evacuate? And why did he try to make peace with them by dropping leaflets on London instead of bombs?
tomatobubble.com/dunkirk_movie_review.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Paradis_massacre
archive.org/details/HitlersVictoryAFinalAppealForPeaceAndSanityJuly19th1940
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hitler was high as a kite also the Germans had just run right through all of France virtually unopposed. They needed to secure their flanks and also at the time everyone thought the Luftwaffe was enough to finish the Brits off.

He didn't.

Why? He didn't give a fuck about the west. Lebensraum was in the east. Some even claim that Hess was acting on Hitlers orders.

>he didn't
expound faggot

Hitler was a monster and gassed 6,000,000 Chosen. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Fucking goy scum.

>t. retard leaf

He foolishly believed we could be reasoned with. He out to have known we would give no quarter to the Aryan.

As a kind gesture for peace

>we let the brits go
>on the off chance they'll be thankful and rescind their Jewish backed war declaration

Maybe in your HOI4 games, not real life. Panzers were overextended and they thought they could pick them off from the air.

>wanted peace
>invades England a month later

Because he was retarded, he should of wiped out every single soldier at Dunkirk, sunk their merchant navy and sent an invasion force that month to destroy British leadership and place Edward Moseley in charge and had something similar in England to what they had with Vichy France.

Even though I'm not sold on the stopping tanks out of kindness theory, Germany never invaded Britain and in fact never had the logistics to do so.

>the Battle of Britain wasn't a technical invasion

I suppose it was "just a prank"

The battle of Britain could have gone very differently had the Germans not resorted to bombing the city's instead of the airfields.

It wasn't an invasion, it was a bombing campaign. You could have said attacked and everything would've been fine Ming.

How was the movie? I heard historian Joshua Levine heavily influenced the plot

It would have went the exact same way. The RAF was too much for the Luftwaffe, coupled with the fact the Luftwaffe was operating in areas they couldn't stay in for long without having to go back and refuel/rearm.

>it wasn't an invasion

It was a technically invasion of British airspace in order to soften up Britain to make them surrender or for possible (impossible) sea-borne invasion.

The fact remains if Hitler and OKW wanted peace they wouldn't have attacked Britain a month after they saved them.

I didn't see the movie.

He did not know who owned Churchill.

>bomb dirt airfields
>chaps with shovels fill them back in an hour later
It is difficult to attack grounded aircraft that are well camouflaged, plus the fighters would be scrambled anyways so there's not much to shoot.

The RAF would of been overwhelmed had England not discovered that they were going to be attacked in waves as apposed to a single large air battle

He wanted a better truce deal when the time came.

At the time The RAF was getting pounded when the airfields where getting hit they couldn't replace the planes fast enough. When the city's started getting hit it gave them a chance to recover.

Now you're just arguing semantics. Germany never had a snowball's chance in hell to challenge the British fleet which would be a requirement for an invasion, neither did they have the sealift. Britain these days probably takes in more immigrants each year than Germany could ever have supplied over there in a hostile invasion.

>Now you're just arguing semantics
No I'm not. If Germany wanted peace with Britain why would they not open up official diplomatic peace talks before the evacuation?

Why would they attack Britain a month after the lads left the beaches of France? It doesn't make sense. You don't let two field armies go on the off-chance they'll be kind to you afterwards. That's what literal revisionists who played too many Call of Duty games think.

RAF had this one in the bag since the beginning when you realize the various factors involved after the fact. I don't think you understand how incompetent the Luftwaffe was against the RAF during the Battle of Britain.

Part of the reason for waves is because an airfield can only launch so many aircraft an hour, so rather than have them go singly you have the first aircraft circle for a few minutes and form up with the group (wave), then the first wave goes, while the second wave launches.

This isn't a vidya gaem, there are logistical and command problems with very large operations that are nontrivial.

He probably thought we would see sense and help him invade Russia or at least sue for peace

>we get to keep our empire forever
>red menace vanquished
>international jewry vanquished
>existence of our people secured and a future brighter than anything we can imagine

ofc the anglo was determined to fight to the last woman and child to stop this from happening.

Nazis were such nice guys

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Paradis_massacre

>outie

DROPPED

>He probably thought we would see sense and help him invade Russia or at least sue for peace
Why would he probably think this?

Walk me through how this alliance would form after Dunkirk and why didn't it? Why did Hitler attack Britain a month later? See, you fags never talk about this.

You usually just ignore that and the fact that the Luftwaffe was having a jolly good time on those ships in the channel and the boys on the beach.

This is literal
>if you let your enemies get away, you win
tier drivel.

After the attempts for a truce, Churchill (Norman Shelley) gave that speech about fighting the end and the British even started alluding to the fact that USA would eventually join the war. When war was inevitable the Germans began bombing.

Need some sources on these truces with dates.

you need to fuck off chang. this isn't even your concern

Whether or not that massacre is made up propaganda or true, it serves my point. When you massacre your enemies you win. When you let them retreat they come back to kill you.

lol just try arguing at any time

>inb4 Hess' Scotland flight

>sources
Have you backed up any of your claims, Zhang?
archive.org/details/HitlersVictoryAFinalAppealForPeaceAndSanityJuly19th1940

>JusticeForGermans
My sources are opinions from a few books I've read on the subject. Justice For Germans has a dog in the fight, even just by the name of their organization.

I'm familiar with them. It's a biased source. I'm telling you it makes no strategic or tactical military sense to let 400,000 men escape from a beach due to wanting a peace agreement between the two of you (when you're still bombing the soldiers on the beach and the ship and attacking British mainland a month later.)

Hitler made a terrible mistake. You should never trust an Anglo.
It served him right, by not eliminating the British Army then and there, he doomed millions of his people to the Blood Refineries of Albion.

The Panzers weren't over extended.

Divisional memoirs of the time are full of references to armor being held back by overly conservative brass hats in high command during the assault on France. It was basically disobedience of those orders that allowed the invasion to go as quickly as it did because men like Guderian and Rommel knew better than the WW1 vintage Field Marshal's what their troops were capable of.

If you don't have infantry or motorized infantry covering your flanks, you are indeed overextended, which is what Rundstedt and Von Kluge relayed to Hitler which caused him to halt the attack a day later.

The men on the beaches still had anti-tank weaponry that could have seriously damaged the German advance. They weren't going to risk their conquest of France in the middle of it.

even if you see no correlation to future gestures of peace, Dunkirk was a blunder. Hitler never wanted war with England and knew he could not win a war on 2 fronts, especially if the jews could get USA involved. The Soviet menace in the east was his primary concern.

This. One day the sun will die out, but the Jews will still be scheming.

>Dunkirk was a blunder
I'm not denying that. It was a blunder for both sides.

>Hitler never wanted war with England and knew he could not win a war on 2 fronts
Actually after Stalin's fiasco in Finland that's exactly what Hitler thought he could do.

On September 28, 1918, in an incident that would go down in the lore of World War I history—although the details of the event are still unclear—Private Henry Tandey, a British soldier serving near the French village of Marcoing, reportedly encounters a wounded German soldier and declines to shoot him, sparing the life of 29-year-old Lance Corporal Adolf Hitler.
Tandey, a native of Warwickshire, took part in the First Battle of Ypres in October 1914 and the Battle of the Somme in 1916, where he was wounded in the leg. After being discharged from the hospital, he was transferred to the 9th Battalion in France and was wounded again during the Third Battle of Ypres at Passchendaele in the summer of 1917. From July to October 1918, Tandey served with the 5th Duke of Wellington Regiment; it was during this time that he took part in the successful British capture of Marcoing, for which he earned a Victoria Cross for “conspicuous bravery.”
As Tandey later told sources, during the final moments of that battle, as the German troops were in retreat, a wounded German soldier entered Tandey’s line of fire. “I took aim but couldn’t shoot a wounded man,” Tandey remembered, “so I let him go.” The German soldier nodded in thanks, and disappeared.
A photograph that appeared in London newspapers of Tandey carrying a wounded soldier at Ypres in 1914 was later portrayed on canvas in a painting by the Italian artist Fortunino Matania glorifying the Allied war effort. As the story goes, when British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain traveled to Germany in 1938 to engage Hitler in a last-ditch effort to avoid another war in Europe, he was taken by the führer to his new country retreat in Bavaria. There, Hitler showed Chamberlain his copy of the Matania painting, commenting, “That’s the man who nearly shot me.”

If Hitler wanted peace with the United Kingdom, please explain why he attempted to invade and bomb us.
You can't.
If you don't want a war, you fight a defensive war, not an offensive one.

You don't know what a prank is? It's a prank bro.

>pic related

Goof bombing is what they call it