What's going to happen to all these McMansions when the baby boomers die?

some will go to their kids but a lot won't. they are out of the price range of most gen x'ers and for sure nearly all millennials. are the chinese going to come in and buy them up?

Other urls found in this thread:

ajc.com/news/local/look-the-changing-racial-makeup-gwinnett-schools/QDOlh8mGvzdZVVrLdKsU5N/
amren.com/news/2012/09/success-used-to-live-here-what-the-fall-of-gwinnett-county-means-for-white-america/
youtu.be/cNpPf2_6cIM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

Some will be bought others will just be taken back by mature.

Nature*

You could probably turn them into flats and have a few families living in one.

Only problem is that, as I understand it, there's no jobs where these shitheaps are.

its been happening for decades now in California.

go to the most expensive graveyards and neighborhoods in the state. Asians everywhere.

just like Sharia will take over the theocracy in Britain, Chinese will take over US capitalism.

ita just a numbers game in the end

Depends on the location.

A professional athlete bought the house next door to my grandparents who live in the most expensive area in the state.

When my grand parents bought their house there, it was a working class area full of Greeks and Jews who immigrated after WW2. Now it's predominately Chinese with very few Greeks and Jews left.

that's correct. there are tons of these allotments here with big giant houses and they are generally well outside the large cities with no public transit systems

Hopefully they fall apart and return to the forest and farmland they once were

Ever seen the suburbs of Detroit?

Gwinett County, Georgia is a good case study for this.

Whites began moving there in droves in the 90s and building all these new McMansions in new planned subdivisions. Gradually, the whites moved out. Now the place is infested with mestizos, living about 20 per house. Property values have plummeted. Crime has gone up. Public services has gone down. The same thing is probably happening in many "new money" areas that have fallen from grace.

was that in america or australia? it's hard for anyone who hasn't been here to understand the scale in which these things have been built.

Yes, they will sell them to foreigners who will get to skip all that necessary citizenship stuff because they have money.

why did the whites move out?

housing market collapse

Apartments.

Australia

Basically it had to do with poor city planning and virtually no zoning laws, so it was this mad cash grab by developers and old landowners, with the city commission complicit in all of it.

The infrastructure couldn't support the population growth, and so traffic was terrible and services were streched. And the whites with money just moved to other monied Atlanta suburbs.

Here's an article about the demographic shift.

The schools went from 80% white in 1995 to 26% by 2015. I don't think white flight from even Detroit happened that fast.

ajc.com/news/local/look-the-changing-racial-makeup-gwinnett-schools/QDOlh8mGvzdZVVrLdKsU5N/

And here's an article from AmRen about it:
>amren.com/news/2012/09/success-used-to-live-here-what-the-fall-of-gwinnett-county-means-for-white-america/

I grew up in the Atlanta suburbs during this time period, so I saw it all happen first hand. It's crazy.

Will they last that long? As impressive as they look, most of them are just over sized tickytacky boxes, made of fake this and mock that.

It seems like these settlements werent constructed with much thought for the future.

no doubt the crime exploded there

I've never understood the appeal of a house that big. Think how much it would cost just to heat and cool the damn thing.

Chinks and Poos
And the whites that are still left

your obsession is pathetic

That's what I was fucking thinking. When the boomers are dead, there's going to be a lot of empty McMansions.

>are the chinese going to come in and buy them up?
implying they haven't been already

he's a spic and she's a white hispanic, what more can he ask for

Their kids won't be able to pay the property taxes on them and jews/chinese will buy them up for pennies on the dollar at tax auctions

they are tickytacky. i've been in grand old houses in both america and europe and the craftmanship of these modern behemoths are not even close

That doesn't seem like a very 'MURICAN thing to say.

There's also the issue of all the consumer goods designed to fill a house of that size that wont fit in the size of living arrangement their children will have.

The plan was other people would develop around it until it touched the city

there wasn't that much demand in some places, in others there's mcmansion cities

My god that is hideous.

Why are there no high fences, trees?

Infuriating.

>she's a white Hispanic
She looks 50% white at most. She just got lucky with a European facial structure.
qt though.

People that buy these things need to be culled

so shoddy they will fall apart before the boomers die

What puzzles me is that some of those houses have chimneys. Do Americans even have open fires/stoves?

No u

Loudon county is a shithole. I live right next to it, and it's almost as bad here--there are some McMansions near my house, and I shit you not, they are only about 5 feet apart, side to side, around a paved cul-de-sac. No trees, either. Oh, and all the houses are the same fucking design, with bland white paint.
It's hell.

Is Manorialism popular in Britain?

something like this

if they have them they never use them or they are natural gas powered

We do, but almost nobody ever uses them outside of the older or rural houses. It's just there for aesthetic reasons.

That is legitimately hideous

They will all fall apart within 30 years anyway. They are made out of cheap chinese siding and poached russian timber and assembled by Mexicans after all.

Redundant chimneys have been added to Bong homes for decades

This. This is why Millenials aren't buying houses. Because they are shit.

abandoned, some of them already are

That looks like it would be comfy as fuck though.

Can confirm, I have an architect in the family. Virtually all of our houses are built with shitty 2x4 lumber that won't last 50 years.

wtf.

everyone i know has one and uses it

even people in apartment have wood fireplaces

Millennials will move to the burbs when they have kids and don't want to put them in the zoo AKA an urban school

wtf is comfy about that house?

The government will give them to Latino families in 2024 with democratic control of congress.

I feel weird posting with all these anons. I grew up in central MA and we used our chimney. Always thought it was weird that we bought lumber instead of dad cutting it down, I've since realizes it's because he's a /leftypol/ style of loser.

Explains a lot, wish he had taken us out to cut down trees, fish, and fix the car as kids. Ah well. I'll take my brother sometime.

I have a chimney for the furnace, as well as for the wood burning stove

The Northeast is a bit different. That where you're at?
It might look like it, but inside, it's just cavernous empty space. A huge waste, and not comfy at all.

living here in one of these allotments is my greatest fear for some reason. fuck that cookie cutter bullshit from hell

>loudoun county

what's worse is that these developments are built off of roads like US 50 that are already overburdened with cars
there's almost no local jobs for kids or entry-level workers either, and no cheaper housing
mid-level workers commute in from as far as West Virginia

no because they are so cheap and poor constructed ..they will fall apart in a few years time.

Their kids will get them. I'm getting mine when my parents croak. No use buying a house if you're a millenial and your parents already own one

Alot of the Urban schools are segregating as white people move into neighbors and force the welfare niggers out.

(((Concerned))) city fathers are considering bringing back bussing to reintegrate the urban schools though, and that will be the point the wealthy white taxpayers pack up and leave.

See Down to NYC/Long Island, you'll still find a lot of chimney use. Otherwise it's restricted to old colonial areas elsewhere on the coast. Nobody else uses chimneys besides New Englander special snowflakes and rural Americans.

You won't be able to afford the repairs

A roof replacement on some of these horribly designed monstrosities will be six figures.

>what is a wide angle lens

Lol what a fag. He created you going back to the forest won't make you less of a city rat.
Buying wood for your chimney is because cutting down wood and drying it creates hordes of spiders and smells like shit unless you get the right wood.
t. Your dad

>poorly constructed
>says the nigger proud of mud huts and thatch

Its really weird how they use mainly northern european wooden house building styles, but mix in roman-inspired architecture and builds it out of stone.

There is no unified style to these houses, its just a mix of different styles into something really ugly, but I guess its a good reflection of America in general.

looks like a good house. i love stonework.

>that house
>1.2 mil
You wish. In Eastern MA (still ~1 hour away from Boston) a regular house is 1.2mil. That's why Millenials aren't getting houses.

Mid-Atlantic and New England suburbs are the only places worth living/saving.

Can someone explain to a non-burger what is a McMansion, please?

ew nevermind.

and yeah, it should have a copper roof.

Those "stones" are stick on foam.

What is this circlejerk? Fucking pathetic poorfags

>hordes of spiders and smells like shit
Yeah that was our woodpile. We still had a giant woodpile, we just didn't make it ourselves from all the trees up our stone-covered hill.

It's not even the repairs, it's the Jewish (((property tax))) that most states have. Where I live, it almost DOUBLES my parents' mortgage. It's fucking ridiculous--you can't even live on your own land anymore without Goldberg and Tyrone knocking on the gates demanding money for allowing you to exist.

yeah, comment withdrawn.

>horribly "insulated" roof which snow melts on

They are made out of cardboard and plywood so the actual monetary value is very low. Some areas will probably turn into Detroit 2.0.

Most likely liquidated by the estate and sold to a developer to build shitty overpriced condos

Ha! Do you know how much it will cost to keep them in a nursing home? Did you also know that to get medicaid nursing home placement you have to draw down all your assets to nothing? Shit is going to collapse fucking hard, bruh.

What does not wanting a McMansion have to do with being poor? I would live here but only because I'm poor. Still would rather build my own cave house so I can live out of the cancerous pollution cloud that is society

Why do you have to remind me about this hellhole I live in.

>suburbs
>worth saving
I only hate cities more because they're infested with liberals and niggers.
Big, shiny houses that middle-level executives buy to make themselves feel important, even though they're shitty fabrications and often empty husks.

>mcmansions

I like best how they have garages nearly as big as the house itself, but then also a comparatively tiny piece of land attached to it.

>can't tell the difference between a properly built well designed house and a mcmansion

>she's a white hispanic

Since we're on the subject of housing and suburbs in America, I recommend a listen to this podcast called "Myth of The 20th Century," this particular episode, "The American Dream: Cities, Promise, and Peril"

youtu.be/cNpPf2_6cIM

I would far prefer a comfy 10 x 15 foot cabin innawoods than some garish monstrosity in suburbia, not least because I wouldn't have to deal with pretentious, materialistic assholes like you.

A large home doesn't have to be an architectural abomination. Dumping pics of well designed larger homes.

House was built in the '70s of rough cut doug fir.

This one is OK at best.

Because you've got lots of room for things to happen? I'd love a nice house like the one my grandpa had but wasted on three living rooms and a huge dining room that was filled with nothing but junk and furniture. You could have a music room, a tech lab, a gun room, and still have space left over. I can't do half that shit in my apartment and it's already packed with tools for my various interests.

I've seen some newer model houses that are far less spacious and I don't get how anyone would find them preferable. My aunt's front room was 8x8 and once she put in a couch and table, you had as much leg room as you did on an airplane seat.

Nah that roof is hideous and it looks lie an office building.

It looks like Frank Lloyd Wright.

That looks like shit, who are you kidding?

Bro, it's almost all empty space. The houses barely have more space than a large apartment that you can actually put to use, the rest is just wasted on 20 foot high ceilings and ceramic tiling. Trust me, they are designed to look better from the outside.

Nah. Everybody under 30 complains about how much they hate suburbia and its not changing.