Sup Forums, what wars did your ancestors fight in?

Just on my direct Paternal Line:
Grandfather was a meteorologist in the Pacific Theatre of WW2.
Great Great Grandfather fought for the Confederacy as a teenager
Great Great Great Grandfather died for the Confederacy.
If you go back far enough they fought for the Protestants in the 30 years war. During the revolutionary war they were too German to care who won.

And I forgot to mention that I fought in the great meme war of 2016.

Dad and grandpa fought for the VRS during the bosnian war. Nearly everyone on my moms side fought with the yugoslav partisans during ww2, except my great grandad that went into retirement after voluntering in the russian civil war. And my great granddad on my dads side fought for the cetniks alongside his brothers. And way before that according to my dad, my dads side back during ottoman occupation a lot of the male members fought as hajduks in Montenegro. I thinks thats all from my family.

Pic related.

He looks like a yogoslav untermensch

>Great Great Grandfather fought for the Confederacy as a teenager
>Great Great Great Grandfather died for the Confederacy.
So both father and son went in battle if I'm reading this right.

Just some random photo i found of the bosnian war. But nah he looks dinaric white to me probably bad lighting is all.

great grandfather fought in world war 1, my mum named me after him

Serb*

Most of my family history has been masked from me.

Couldn't tell you.

The Revolution
Civil War
WWII
Afghanistan

Distant ancestor was made a noble in Ireland for killing an enemy commander's son in a duel on a ship during a Welsh invasion of Ireland.

none of them went to war lol

Furthest back I can go I've found an ancestor who died in the Holy Land during the Crusades and was buried there. They were from Normandy and moved to Britain. Later they served in the British military although not sure if any wars yet. They came to America and fought in the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Civil War for both sides, World War 1 and 2 and Vietnam. That's just a really rough summary and there's probably stuff I'm missing or haven't found out yet.

Yah

All this ancestry. Makes you wonder how many lives were displaced with young people who never had sex died early.

>t.kike

I have a great-great uncle who joined the Confederacy with his son and fought the whole war together.

American revolution(on the loosing side), German war (also the loosing side), Franco-Prussian war (won for once) then went back to loosing side in the World wars.
One also fought communists in Bavaria.

Great grandpa from mothers side was in the Russian Tsars imperial army, took part in the revolution and siege of the winter palace.

Great grandparents from dads side was a radio personality who shitposted about how the Brits will lose to the Germans.

Humanity has been around for millions of years. Who knows what incarnations we could be

Paternal grandfather was a Seabee in WW2. Great great maternal grandfather was a soldier in the Spanish-American war who brought a Cuban back as a wife. Distant paternal side were Scottish nobles involved with or descended from William Wallace allegedly.

My ancestors were confederates.

Not anyone cool though just peons who were conscripted and sent to die for a shit cause by a reactionary government.

Both grandad's WW2. One wounded at Dunkirk. One out in Burma (i think). he ended up in Singapore afterward.

1530, Croatian conscript in battle of Tunic
1584, Made a Croat knight, fought in battle of Slunj & Sisak
1866, Calvary commander in Hungarian war
1914, Grandfather was artillery commander in WW1 for Yugoslavia

1917: Mum's side, great grandfather was a fighter pilot in WW1

1935, Uncle fought with Tito for his village in the Yugoslav resistance; later joined OSS, was a scout for the invasion of Sicily. Went on to work for the US.

1955-1977; godfather worked as a Bodyguard to Tito. Retired.

We made sure the Serbs did not get the Cav saber when they flattened our town in '95. The sword still cuts great. I take it out for major holidays and parade dress.

Independence war of Bangladesh, 1971.

My uncle was a crew member on the Bockscar, which dropped the Fat Man on Nagasaki. He was originally a member of the Great Artiste which was intened to drop a bomb of Hiroshima but weather canceled its mission and the Enola Gay went instead.

>True story

My father was a but younger than my uncle and I was made very late in his life.

His crew got transferred to the Bockscar and it blew up 39,000 - 80,000 tojos

Great great grandfather fought in the pacific war, reached Lima with the chilean army and then raided a bunch of libraries in search for rare books.

On my mothers side he fought in the American Revolution as a minuteman, that is the most important. I also have grandparents that fought in WW2 and Korea

Both great grandpas fought in the Six Day War, both grandpas fought in the Lebanese Civil War, 6 uncles fought in the 2006 Lebanese War. Lebanon got fucked but it's kind of nice.

My great great great uncle designed the Monitor (first purouse built steel battleship). He was Swedish.
My grandpa and great uncle fought in ww2. They both requested Pacific service because they didn't want to fight fellow Germans, and secretly hoped Hitler would defeat Russia and then come to agreements with us. I'm half Swedish and half German.

most i remember/know about my family is that my grandfather (dad's side-german american) was in the spanish american war and WW1

dont really know anything about any other family though.

Maternal:
- Falklands (uncle)
- Korea (grandpa)
- Malaya (grandpa)
- WW2 (grandpa and number of uncles from both mum's parents' sides)
- Irish war of independence + Troubles (mum's mum's family)
- WW1 (great grandparents)
- Boer War
- Crimea

Paternal:
- Bosnia (ARBIH)
- WW2 (SS Handshar/muslim ustase militia and partisans, family split)
- WW1 (Austro-Hungarian Army)

I have literally dozens of family members who fought in ww1 and ww2, ranging from privates to generals and admirals in all three services, the Royal Navy, RAF and Army.
One side of my family were lower class. My Grandad (a ww2 vet) who was from this family became very successful after the war in which he was a POW in Burma and married into an upper-middle class family which itself was the joining of a highly decorated military family with strong connections to India and less so South Africa who had lost a lot of wealth in the 1920s and a Scottish family of army officers, naval captains and ministers.
Other wars include:
Boer Wars
Anglo Zulu wars
Crimean war
Indian Mutiny
Napolenic wars

And loads of the campaigns on the frontier in India for example or wherever my ancestors were deployed in the empire.

Another question, what is the highest military honour in you family ? I think ours has two DSO's.

Apparently my great grandfather was an Italian soldier in World War 2, if true I guess I'm a Nigger now.

Italians are not white, 'northern Italians' are German/Mulatto niggers.

This time its honest curiosity what sustains this threads regardless of the disincetives

I have a direct paternal ancestor who fought at Saratoga.

Jesus...

One grandfather was a P47 pilot over Europe. The other one trained for a tank destroyer but when they found out he could type he became a desk pilot. One great grandfather went to Europe for WW1 but the armistice was signed the day after he got there.

One of my fathers forefathers was in the Tenseness home guard during the war of northern aggression.

>TFW I still have his solid silver Klan medallion

I went on ancestry and this is what I got

>Fought in the French revolution
>Fought for the North in the civil war
>Helped take over Russia in 1917 during their revolution
>Fought against the nazis in WW2
>One of my ancestors was killed during an anti vietnam war protest

Jesus christ your family is trash

Being a multicultural leftist is in your blood

>Grandfather
Lieutenant in Korea. Bronze metal recipient.

>Great, great grandfather
Private in 3rd SC Calvalry

>Greatx6 Grandfather
Scout with Francis Marion's Men

Grandad died in the Vietnam War.
[spoiler]He was Vietnamese[/spoiler]
[spoiler]But he fought against the commie Vietkongs[/spoiler]

great grandfather was Kaiser Jäger in WW1
grandfather was in the Polizei Einheit in WW2

>very impressive, nice.jpeg

My dad went out of his way to cut all ties with his family so I'll never know for sure with him (I'm pretty sure they were straight-up Nazis), but I know a maternal ancestor got scalped by some Indians and another served in the first naval battle of the Revolutionary War with the British.

My Gr.Gr.Grandfather served with "Marlboro" in the Georgia 40th Regiment.

Both Grandfathers served in WW2, one uncle was a Japanese POW for 3.5 years. (Fuck Japan)

Two uncles were in Vietnam.

Fuck Japan.

moved? I think you mean invaded and took over. 1066 all day everyday. The first of my familys name went over with William, we might be distant cousins

Both Great grandfathers drafted into the Wehrmacht in WWII. (one in pic)

Great-great grandfather drafted in WWI for Germany. (pic)

Multiple ancestors on both sides of the Civil War and multiple Revolutionary War ancestors.

Great grandad was an Aussie machine gunner in WW1
Opa was western front Wehrmacht

Great Grand father fought for the Austro-hungarians in WW1. When the war was over he wrote a bunch of Polish Army marching songs then immigrated to the US, Detroit.

I wish I knew what battles he fought in and the shit he saw. What front. What he did.

Also grand father was a medic in WW2 in Pacific, would pull pilots out of aircraft before they exploded on occasion. My parents have a photo of him with a coconut brah dancing with some natives. I miss him.

Dad was a radar and fire control officer on a marine landing ship in Vietnam. He has a bunch of slides of him drinking on the ship. Looked like Bob Ross.

Parts of my family tree can be traced back to 13th Century Scotland to guys who fought alongside William Wallace.

One great*7 grandfather was a sergeant in the New Jersey Line during the Revolution. Survived Valley Forge and crossed the Delaware with Washington. Another was in the Virginia Line.

One other great*7 grandfather came over right after the Revolution, joined the army, and helped put down the Whiskey Rebellion.

Great great great grandfather was in the 16th NC Infantry in the Confederate Army. Fought at Gettysburg.

Great grandfather was a child bugler in the Spanish American War. Still have his bugle.

Great uncle was in the 1 ID on Omaha beach. Got hit getting out of the boat, crawled on to the beach, and laid there bleeding until someone got him two days later. Got a Silver Star pinned on by Eisenhower.

On a side note, I'm a distant relation to Rebecca Nurse, who was hung as a witch during the Salem witch trials, through her sister. It's pretty cool reading about your ancestors in school.

My family hasnt fought in Many wars but I have a shit ton of Ancestors who fought the English during the Revolution. My Great x5 Grandpa fought in the 50th Indiana for the Union and my Grandpa was an Army Machine Gunner 2nd ID during Korea.

Uncle - 'Nam
maternal GF - WWII, Korea AND 'Nam
patermal GF - WWII
mGGF - WWI
maternal GGGGFs - Union
paternal GGGFs - Confederate
maternal Gx9GF - American Revolution
paternal Gx?GFs - Thirty Years' War
maternal Gx?GFs - War of the Roses
maternal Gx37GF - First War of Scottish Independence
maternal Gx54GF - Battle of Tours. He's the handsome chap with the axe.

These are off the top of my head. There are many other ancestors in many other wars that I can't be arsed to look up atm.

I decided to avoid joining the military. All of the above survived their service (minus a GGU who died in the '20s from getting gassed in WWI) and I figure that streak's gotta end sometime.

How one trace ancestors beyond great great?

>On a side note, I'm a distant relation to Rebecca Nurse, who was hung as a witch during the Salem witch trials, through her sister. It's pretty cool reading about your ancestors in school.

Hey! Susannah Martin was my direct ancestor! She was hung the same day as Rebecca Nurse.

It is kinda kewl. Old Stock Americans ftw.

Ancestry.com 2 week free trial. 2 weekends is honestly enough time to find a shit ton of info

Be born into a family that's positively autistic about genealogy, and has been for literally centuries.

Grandfather in the Second World War (Pacific)
Father was in the Navy in the last year of Vietnam, but served mostly during peacetime.
and I also apparently have an ancestor that fought in the Texas Revolution and died.

My family mostly had everything collected, but i filled in the blanks with an ancestry.com free trial

Uuuuh....

I guess I liked saying it the polite way but yes he was with William. Really cool stuff.

Ancestry.com is super easy to use, especially if you already have some information

Grandfather fought in the Air Force during WW2
I'm 90% sure I have a Viking pillager as an ancestor somewhere just based on my last name

Did yours serve in the Emu War?

The problem with ancestry.com is that it is run by mormons, who are the jews of the Rocky Mountains

>Old Stock Americans

The only Americans.

Grover Cleveland (22nd and 24th president) was my grandmother's great uncle. To be honest I don't know much about his policy. What does Sup Forums think of my great great great uncle?

Most useless and forgettable president

senpai

Grandmother's grandfather was in the k.k. Landwehr in WWI
Grandfather's grandfather was a Cossack fighting for the Russian Empire in WWI
Great grandfather fought in North Africa and Italy during WWII
Grandfather served on a nuke sub during the Cold War
Father was a Ranger, fought in Honduras against the Sandenistas
Uncle fought in desert storm
I was an mp, deployed to Kuwait. Feels bad man

also forgot to mention that my Grandfather's brother also fought in WWII and got a bronze star I think.

Battle of Tours
Battle of Hastings
Crusades
First Baron's War
Second Baron's War
Welsh Wars
Scottish Wars
100 Years War
War of the Roses
Acadian Wars
King Phillip's War
American Revolution
American Civil War
World War II

every one in europe since napoleon

my ancestors actually fought for mexico in the texas revolution, then we ended up moving there a few generations later

had ancestors fight in WW2 european theater, vietnam. i didn't serve because my parents wouldn't let me and i got a lot of scholarships to go to college.

Have ancestors (uncles,grandparents) who fought on both sides during the Boer war
>Boer great great great uncle(s)/brothers who fought against the British
>and great great great grandfather's who were fighting for the British
Also a great grandmother who was a nurse during ww2 and recently dead grand father who is a ww1 and ww2 veteran

>ancestry.com
Is that even accurate?

My great uncle was a sailor on the HMS Hood when it got btfo by Bismarck. The rest of my family I dont know. My dad is Swiss so probably they didnt get up to much.

Forgot to mention the Spanish civil war.

Unless they're mass forging government documents and getting away with it, yes. Their DNA test however is questionable.

Strange flag choice

WWII
Korea

Family history does not contain much

Only one person, my great-great-Uncle fought in WW1 and got BTFO on the first day of the Somme. Listed as MIA, later KIA. Never found the body

Is 23 and me even legit?

Was able to trace one side of my family back to 1053. Malcolm the third, I think, gave them a barony on Hadrian's wall.

1099 Crusades.
American Revolution
Both sides are French

Great Grandfather fought in Gallipoli(Turkish side)

Yeah, all they do is compile census and other records in a way thats searchable and easy to navigate so yeah.

How the hell can you trace far back a millennium? Makes you wonder who you're related to. Man think of the unborn generations that were killed off.

I have traced back to the 1400's on some lines, so its not impossible

grandfather ww2 kriegsmarine served on uboats
great grandfather ww1 served in the austro hungarian army against the russians

If England was involved in a war one of my ancestors was involved in it, except only for WW1 where they fell in the wrong age-group for it.
This is true all the way back to the Norman Invasion of 1066.
Before that my ancestors were involved in every war the Franks fought back to antiquity.

My grand father was also conscripted in 1926 to fight against Rif rebels in Spanish Army. I learned that from some pages in a forgotten notebook he wrote, he never talked about this to his sons who were born in the 40s. He knew he fought in the wrong side for the interests of some merchants and warmongers. He was in a "mountain hunters" battalion, he wrote it would be rather named "hunted". It was there that French experimented with civil population bombing and chemical weapons, led by infamous Petain. By the Spanish side it was there that Franco career rocketed.

Grandfather was a colonel in the army after Vietnam and into the gulf war. Other grandfather was a major in the 1st division in the late 1950s. Great grandfather was a petty officer in the navy during ww2 and was in the invasion of Sicily and Normandy. Grandmother had 2 uncles in the army during ww2 and 1 was killed during the invasion of Sicily. Great grandfather on other side was drafted into the army during ww1 at 18 in 1918. Mother's great uncle was a combat photographer for the army during ww1 too. Ancestors from Germany came to the US in the 1840s and fought in the civil war for the north a generation later

The nazis, most of them were SS guards

WW1; several. 2 died in Belgium against the Germans (after surviving Turkey).

WW2; 1 navy. Some helped the war effort in the UK, though.

My great grandfather joined the Nazis as a low level guard during the occupation of Germany, but got sick and died during the famine of '44. Great Great Grandfather was a soldier in WWI, who was discharged for being a degenerate who got drunk too often and fucked an Austrian whore. Oldest known relatives are actually ancestors of both my parents who got married as farm owners during the Orange years.