Rise in Weapon technology and the 2nd amendment

So as weapons get more and more advanced, at what point do we deny the right to own? At what point do we claim that the conventional weapon is just too advanced Or powerful for regular people to own?

In the not to distant future, laser weapons are going to be an actuality. Plasma rifles, and other sorts of energy based weapons could flood the market. So at what point do we cut the public off? And if not, how do we prevent some white boy from turning a school into a scene from Fallout: New Vegas?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IzUoe-9bKa0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>So at what point do we cut the public off?

You don't.

>And if not, how do we prevent some white boy from turning a school into a scene from Fallout: New Vegas?

How do you prevent that now?

Gas weapons aren't hard to make.

The weapons we had during the time of the war of independence were extremely weak compared to modern weapons. A human has the ability to kill dozens of people at a rate that would seem impossible 300 years ago. So do we just keep going and allow people to own weapons that could kill 100s of people if they wanted?

in 1812 it was legal to own a warship with cannons. before 1934 you could buy a machinegun from the hardware store. before 1968 you could order an anti-tank rifle through the mail. technology is advancing but our rights are going backwards.

how do we defend ourselves against a tyrannical government if we don't have the same offensive ability as them?

you can own a tank as long as the firing mechanism is removed. you can make your own firing mechanism with a lathe.

>at what point do "we" deny the right to own?
Never, the 2nd amendment is absolute, anything that the government is permitted to use is supposed to be accessible to ALL American citizens not currently detained. Those who trade freedom for security will neither have nor deserve either.

>Unironically thinks laser weapons are the next step in weaponry
KEK
I love leftists attempting to discuss weaponry.

This is awesome.

When is it too much though?

If they were cheap, obviously you wouldn't want everyone to have a nuclear bomb that could destroy the whole city.

I think people should have the right to have the same weapons as the (civilian) police. If something's too dangerous, then the police shouldn't have it either. Special units could have extra rights to deal with hostage situations and whatnot.

Is the police still militarizing in the US? It was in the news a year or go ago.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Modern firearms aren't going anywhere. Though the materials they are made of will advance, the mechanical actions will not be replaced. Firearms of today use the same concepts developed over 100 years ago. Why? Because they are reliable and they are proven. A person with an IQ of 50 can field strip an AR-15, clean it, lube it, and reassemble it. Plasma and laser weapons would be way too complicated for 99.9% of soldiers to do the same. Quit being a faggot with these stupid questions.

An armed society is a free society.

The constitution was written a few years before the revolver was invented. The idea of the Framers not having any idea what tech would be like is an asenine argument.

Better outlaw credit cards and smartphones.

And it's a polite society.
At least it should be.

Shut up you stupid fucking loser.

We already know that the U.S. military is using laser weaponry.

The weapons we had during the war of independence were the same weapons the govt we were fighting had. You're argument is nonsense

I can already make rail guns at home with store brought tech, when faggot liberal/commie kikes are all dead . We will make more weapons in case .

>So as weapons get more and more advanced, at what point do we deny the right to own?
Never.

My spouse was shot and killed with a legally bought assault rifle. I don't blame the gun. I blame the insane killer. If he wanted to kill my spouse, he could have with a knife, or strangling, or beating. Guns don't kill people. Crazy people do.

>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
Do some learnin, son.

People still make anti-weapons in 2017?

>laser weaponry
Yeah for special purposes. To shoot down missiles and shells. Not because they're particularly destructive. They take A LOT of power for not a lot of damage and this isn't about to change relative to conventional weapons.

Were not giving up our right to own and use firearms. Every time one of you suggests this, I buy more ammo. I would rather die than give up this right. If we give away this right, we are finished. Stop being a useless parakeet.

I want one of the briefcase nuclear bombs in case isis gets one. Just to be safe.

Shall not be infringed

Go back to bleddit you faggot

>At what point do we claim that the conventional weapon is just too advanced Or powerful for regular people to own?
Never and if you disagree you deserve to be shot. If you do anything to enact this policy like this you will be shot.

Don't even fucking deny the lethality of weapons is higher than it used to be.

YOU SAY 'NO' TO MY AR-15, YOU FUCKIN' PRICK! YOU AIN'T GONNA ABLE TO SAY 'NO' TO ME WHEN I GET TO YOUR HOUSE, YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!

(((Gun control))) Guns are bad, they could interfere with (((us))) taking over the world. (((OP)))

We don't.
When the 2 amendment was written, the rifled barrel was the latest and greatest small arms weapon available. It was deadly accurate at over 100 yards and put the smooth bore muskets of the European armies to shame.
The 2 amendment always meant for citizens to be able to be a threat, so if Armies get phased-plasma rifles in the 40-watt range, so should civilians.

When reagan banned the machine gun.

This.

how about when it becomes that cheap for someone to turn their microwave into a bomb that leaves a crater 5km accross

Stupid fuckingn fagots. I guess we should all get tanks and missile launchers too.

dude wtf you talk about?
literally the weps you get to buy, military had 20 years ago

do you really think the government won't intervene before fucking laser rifles enter the gun market?retarded cuck, we don't have to focus on this shit right now

I love the delusional faggots who think they need these weapons to defend themselves from the government. Bitch, if you ever have to fight the U.S. government, you're just going to get droned so your little fucking gun won't do shit.

All you're doing is allowing people the ability to cause mass death. Fucking idiots.

I can buy a single shot hk416, which was designed for the military just five or six years ago, and the Army didn't even adopt it even though it's superior to the Colt AR. Small arms weapons aren't that far behind military issue.

Who do you think is flying those drones?

>fight the U.S. government
The US government and military is made of the people. Not everyone is going to be on their side.

>muh all-powerful gibmint
Drones can't patrol streets and find disguised rebels.

btw fucktard I don't want laser rifles on the gun market to make that clear

I would agree with you, unfortunately the governments guns have also become more advanced, so we must keep up. If they stuck to muskets we could to ;_;

SHALL

The US 2nd amendment in its day allowed for citizen ownership of Ships of the Line and artillery. If we want to go down the argument of firepower, then you're already fucked from the beginning.

The only idiot in this thread seems to be you flaggot. The US government couldn't tackle a pack of wild rice farmers to say that resistance isn't achievable, that a war not winnable shows how little your in contact with reality.

btw, if the government actually bothered to follow the constitution, then "muh drones" would also be available to consumers

Of course. The 2ndA is to protect from a tyrannical government. How can we do that without tanks?

>OP doesnt want to live in a world where everyone can get nanomachines

user dont you want to wake up and realize you can get the strength to throw a car across a city?

just make your own
youtube.com/watch?v=IzUoe-9bKa0

The second amendment protects gun rights not bomb rights you cucks

> YFW a bunch of stupid conservatards screaming about the 2nd amendment allow you the ability to obtain a bunch of weapons and ammunition

You alt-lite autistic social outcasts.

You are the delusional one. If america had a reason to, civilians could grab their guns and march on washington. If collective militias became a reality, drone strikes would not be effective they would need a police state. Of course one person rebelling will just get deleted, but if you have an armed population the government must be careful in what they do.

Antigun retards are funny to me. Like a child saying 'why don't we just print more money!!'

Please don't make posts again.

does freedom of speech only apply to pamphlets and treatises and letters because that's what was used at the time the first amendment was drafted? because as our communications technology gets more and more advanced, at what point do we deny the right to speech?

> I need my 3 assault rifles and 30 round magazines because the government is gonna hurt me!! Any day now they are gonna start being tyrannical! ... any day now...

do you really think getting rid of 30 round magazines and "assault rifles" would have a significant impact on our murder rates? do you know what type of weapon is used in the majority of firearm crimes?

The drones get piloted from somewhere now don't they? A couple hundred people could take over such a place don't you think?

>I have no argument so I'll just call you names.
Read the material written by some of the founding fathers, they clearly meant for the 1st amendment to apply to more than the printing press, and the 2nd amendment to apply to more than just muskets and canons.

>lmao the mighty US empire got owned by a bunch of rice farmers

>lmao if you ever had to fight a tyrannical government your shitty little rifles wouldn't do shit

Leftists say both of these things without a hint of irony.

Hitler took the guns Stalin took the guns, Mao took the guns, Fidel Castro took the guns, Hugo Chavez took the guns, and I'm here to tell you, 1776 will commence again if you try to take our firearms.

You can still slaughter en masse with other weapons or not weapons. See trucks of peace.

Also

SHALL NOT

t. Gender studies grad

you stupid fucks have no idea the shit you spew. It's disgusting how little you actually know. Anyway I hope you get struck by a stray bullet faggot

bait

I notice that ppl who are defending public access to advanced weaponry, won't give a single answer on how to prevent crazy crackers from shooting everybody else up.

Ah the "muh gubbmint wants to kill me" trope

>prevent crazy people from killing
To a certain extent, shit just happens, and if you notice the crazies early, either correct their condition or dispose of them.
Also, you seem to be ignoring some of my earlier posts...

What's really funny is leftist have no idea how revolution works. Try counting how many foreign governments youbthink would support an actual overthrow of the American government if it ever came to that. Heavy weapons, ammunition, money, supplies, intelligence. Use your imagination. I'm not advocating that we should do it or that it should happen at all but it's possible.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about this. A sound, responsible person with a gun is fine. A mentally unstable lunatic with a gun is not. Guns in the right hands don't kill people, but guns in the wrong hands do.
Also I'm not sure what the fuck you did to get that many different ID's but you gotta stop.

Well I think it was you post modern nigger loving scum that promoted throwing everyone's kids on psychoactive drugs to boost your test scores. You don't think that plays a role in school shootings? What about the jigaboos shooting up their own communities, evidently more welfare gibs isn't fucking working

I notice you don't give a single answer to many posts in this thread. you don't even defend your arguments. 1/10 troll at least believe the stuff you shitpost faggot.

Laser weaponry like you see in the movies are never going to be a thing, especially not in a man portable package like in Star Wars. The best laser weapon today is pumping a ton of electricity into a beam that will warm up a missile enough to blow it up, don't get your goofy assed hopes up.

Just shut the fuck up before you make more of a fool of yourself.

Of course it happens... in 3rd world shitholes! We don't live in a 3rd world shithole and we don't have to. But you need some common sense when it comes to high powered rifles.

>how do we prevent some white boy from turning a school into a scene from Fallout: New Vegas?
give them identity, purpose, family and a woman to fuck at night.
in other words do the opposite of being a leftist.

Okay, and how exactly do you propose that we keep crazy white boys from getting their hands on these weapons? Because no one else is going on these crazy shooting sprees. White boys do it all the time. Then they off themselves, like what the fuck kind of crazy shit is wrong with white people?

You don't, it's our way of life and you're a bigot for trying to stifle our traditions. The occasional shooting is just part and parcel of living in a diverse and vibrant multicultural society.

>at what point do we deny the right to own?

Weapons of mass destruction.

>At what point do we claim that the conventional weapon is just too advanced Or powerful for regular people to own?

Personally, I'd say that apart from the range at which something is effective, most conventional weapons haven't come very far in terms of their ability for things like mass murder. Hell, I could probably go into a school with someone else and cause as much damage with a shortsword, a quiver full of arrows, and a bow as the guys at Columbine before the police arrive.

Yea? Ukraine is a 3rd world shithole? Cuba, was a third world shithole? Vietnam, mostly known for Jungle did however have large modern cities. America wrote the book on how to start and support revolution. Americans helped Afghanistan beat back the Red Army. You're stupid.

The problem with your dumbassed argument is that you don't realize the maintenance and the money required to even take care of a tank, much less to fuel it and provide it with munitions. Rocket launchers have a huge up front cost, and they sure as fuck are already illegal. You need to have the infrastructure of an actual government to take care of and finance this kind of shit.

Want to know why I know that? I was a tank gunner for eight years in the army. I also know that an insurgent force armed with fertilizer and POS AK-47s could give us a run for our money and outlast our peoples' will to let us die for them.

An insurgency armed with modern semi automatic weaponry sure as shit could defeat our government if it decided to go full retard on us. Especially seeing as any real war isn't exactly us versus them, the armed services would fragment and elements would fight for both sides. That is a big threat to them, and they know it. It is a huge check to their power.

You should know as well as me it's illegal to own a destructive device without bending over and letting the government ass fuck you in tax stamps. That is what I mean when I say you need a government level infrastructure to fund this shit. Hence why unlike in your cucked out OP, no, they don't let Americans carry around whatever they please. Wake the fuck up if you really think that.

Stop peddling this liberal drivel around here, you can tell it's not welcome.

>only white Bois
>look at Chicago crime stats and murder rates
Yes only whites use guns violently, I see that now

You think every service member in the military is willing to sit there and kill Americans and have zero political opinions? Get fucking real you pussy.

Yeah dude, gun crime sucks, we need to stop it.

Oh so shooting up schools is white people culture?

I'm a former tank gunner who spent two years fighting a bunch of sand niggers with AKs and fertilizer... Believe me, you don't need a tank to take on the baddest nation on the planet.

Your argument gets trumped, chewed up, spit out, and left on your punk ass lap and you start pulling this shit?

Do you know where you are you fucking faggot?

I would classify a weapon that has the ability to kill 10 people in over a minute, as a WMD and rifles can

From the faggot ass Dems who believe we're living under literally Hitler I'd think you'd be all for owning guns, ya know, just in case.

Less than 10% of murders are committed with rifles of all types, including le spooky salt rifles.

The majority of gun murders are caused by Tyrone shooting Jamal with his 9mm, turned sideways of course.

Taking ARs away from middle-aged white males will just reduce their ability to defend their families from said Tyrones.

>Oh so shooting up schools is white people culture?
democrats aren't white

You're a fucking retard. Seriously go drink a cup of lighter fluid.

OP, it's already heavily regulated.
> Own Glock 17, 10 round mags max.
> AR15 pattern illegal to buy, transfer, or sell.
> Some firearms act making machine guns illegal.
> #1 killer in WW2 was the mortar, cannot own one.
> Cannot make landmines, bombs, or guns with a 3-inch diameter barrel, or put a stock on a handgun (short barreled rife) nor make a smoothbore handgun (dangerously inaccurate).

Finally, OP is a fag.
>>k

*less than 10% of gun murders*

I also forgot to mention that more people are killed by bare fists than by ARs each year.

You said only white people do it, so sure. Are honor rapes Islamic culture, yes, is it bad, yes, but it's still part of their culture. You're far more likely to die in a myriad of other ways so why are you worried about school shootings #notallwhitepeople :^)

That is a well put post. If civil war erupted in this country, just like last time, it wouldn't be 100% the might of the US armed forces versus the other side. The military would fragment. Not to mention, eight years of Obama's drone strikes still didn't end the Afghanistan war. Anyone who uses this argument needs a reality check.

You want to take a persons right to self defense away? In order to do it in the United States you will need to take away a persons right to say no first.

user, you haven't addressed any of my points, is your position really that indefensible?

What about the natural right to defend yourself from other people?

What is this horseshit? Dylann Roof was a storm weenie. Just make shit up.