THE GREAT GAME general /ggg/: Whos next edition

THE GREAT GAME general /ggg/: Whos next edition
SYRIA
>archive.is/LvIQ5
China to Invest US$2 Billion in the Reconstruction of Syria
>archive.is/Mn8A3#selection-369.0-369.59
Syrian faction map:
>archive.is/k8N3f
Raqqa: Emotional women burn and kick their veils, men shave their beards after kurds take ground from isis
>youtu.be/3yjqXx0dbN4
Iranian Tensions?
>archive.is/tlgNj
>archive.is/6ethk
Hezbollah/SAA offensive in Qalamoun
>youtu.be/1Hw6fZpqhOk
UKRAINE
Ukrainian conflict:
>archive.is/qh5Vy
>archive.is/7fImM
>archive.is/Ro1Tc
US calls for better intelligence on Russia
>archive.is/Ytdpf
New Finnish law prohibiting unidentified militia
>archive.is/XHvZOI
NORTH KOREA
>archive.is/3W8v7
>archive.is/9wl2h

PHILIPPINES
>archive.is/AmAI3
>archive.is/btcf2
OTHER
Vision for the West
>archive.is/AaVw5
China's belt and road initiative
>archive.is/gDjVa
A new Germany
>archive.is/R0S3p
US Indian Relations
>archive.is/vm3Sv
Britain’s decline and fall
>archive.is/3jUUj

What is next? what are the major powers plans? who will come out ahead?

Other urls found in this thread:

scmp.com/news/china/policies-politics/article/2097941/china-reports-smooth-production-gas-flammable-ice-under
firstpost.com/india/india-astutely-keeps-distance-from-obor-heres-why-cpec-carries-major-risks-for-pakistan-3451838.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll wait....

ok

What is going on here?

Thread to discuss the great game, the game world powers have been playing since civilization began.

wtf this isn't shit what is it doing on pol

scmp.com/news/china/policies-politics/article/2097941/china-reports-smooth-production-gas-flammable-ice-under
a main reason for tension in south china sea is energy. "the more things change, the more they stay the same"

Very interesting, why then are they also creating tensions with India?

>Entire thread on geopolitics
>its irrelevant to Sup Forums
gtfo nigger

I've been waiting for a thread like this for so long. We're gonna have to see if these purported happenings at home turn into anything substantial enough to reveal serious doubts in American power. Otherwise, we're likely going to be stuck in this crawl for some time unless something amazing happens.

OBOR economically absorbs pakistan
firstpost.com/india/india-astutely-keeps-distance-from-obor-heres-why-cpec-carries-major-risks-for-pakistan-3451838.html
>India’s objection to the CPEC is, at the core, a sovereignty matter rooted in principles as the CPEC goes through the Kunjerab pass and the Karakoram Highway which are in Gilgit-Baltistan, an area that is rightfully Indian territory. Formal agreements for a project that passes through its territory is an infringement of sovereignty.
Just speculation, the military clashes are a new development and are probably related to the region they occur

North Korea looks like the next Nato hot topic but the middle east looks like its been handed over to Iranian and Russian influence. China is trying to bring back the silk road which could give it huge economic power as well as take power away from Europe. The world has changed, I feel it in the water, I feel it in the earth, I smell it in the air.

>North Korea
Seems so. The Middle Eastern quagmire's run its course it seems, the next sensible step would be to heat up the Far East and bring the powers there once again into the fold. China's been bottled up for some time, but they've managed to not only get by but excel in the areas they need and the flexing of muscle near India (again) and the NK question is the perfect excuse to get something going.

Exactly, Although the US will still look for ways to topple Iran and probably Turkey. China has excelled but have also very much limited themselves with politics. If the Norks are taken down it will be interesting to see its effect on mainland China.

>US gives Russia free reign East of Poland and support in building that pipeline it wants in exchange for joining an anti-China pact
Name a single thing wrong.

Russia would be confirmed a sellout, as would Putin's reputation as an opportunist

I am more okay with this than I may want to admit.

No one really wants North Korea gone, but everyone wants them quiet and docile. Their existence justifies the amount of tension in the Far East and provides a suitable buffer for the Chinese however minute it is. If the US can deal with NK and somehow keep the consequences under control, they'll do it.

That is why they left North Korea there for so long but Mr. Fat Slant is testing ICBMs so now they have to remove them.

I like this thread idea
Tell me, who is most likely to dominate the seas during the next world war?

United States/NATO because they have the strongest air power mixed with the strongest naval power. All other navies are criminally underpowered.

>modern warfare
>sea-based

pick one
Only nukes and nuke accessories are relevant.

honestly, this is why we cant have a war, humanity would be fucked, everything would be fucked. Everything. Fucked.

Nukes are a mistake

Not really with the advent of ICBM interceptors and a world dominant air power. Nukes would almost solely be effective on most countries own soil.

I wonder if they actually have been a mistake

Wars would've happened by now, for sure, and would've solved many of the disputes we've had since WW2.

I don't know if the eternal peace we've established thanks to MAD is actually better for the health of our political systems or not.

I do agree, kind of.

Nukes have brought peace to the world
But if one thing goes wrong, the world is doomed

>nothing about China-India situation
shit general

american expansion to the north and south when?

It's not just energy

South China Sea is one of the biggest trade routes in the world. Blockading it, or imposing taxes for traveling through it, would cost billions.

Was discussed in the thread

>ICBM interceptors

Just a meme.
First of all, there's literally no anti-ICBM systems able to intercept something more advanced than soviet Scuds.

Second - you can easily overhelm that systems, because one ICBM can contain up to 2000 false targets. And now imagine barrage of thousands of that missiles. Millions fake targets and decoys.