Life Without

Why have you not taken the ascetic pill yet?
>simpler life with less distractions
>healthier and clearer mind and body free from chemicals and suppliments
>clean soul due to higher morals and practices
>more aware of yourself and what it means to be human

Not just eastern stuff too, asceticism has no geography, it is simply living well.

Examples of ascetics
>Diogenes of Sinope
>Jesus Christ
>Gautama Siddartha
>Saint Francis of Assisi
>Nietzsche

Also a halmark of moralistic and strong cultures, and has been present in
>Western Culture
>Islamc Culture
>Indus Valley Culture
>Eastern Culture
>Incan Culture

Well Sup Forums? Are you ready to give up the frivolous things in your life?

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20141108100734/http://thompkins_cariou.tripod.com/id67.html
quora.com/Why-is-Krishnas-complexion-depicted-as-blue-when-he-is-actually-black
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>falling for a shitty meme meant to keep starving rice farmers docile

rer

Why dont you give up your frivolous computer and phone first?

Absolutely. But nuance - not all "asceticism" is the same. See what Evola says on the matter:
web.archive.org/web/20141108100734/http://thompkins_cariou.tripod.com/id67.html

Didn't Nietzsche bang whores though?

Watts had it right.

Simply but comfortable. You don't need tons of clothes. You don't need tons of material things. You should make money - perhaps put it away for investing. But you just don't need all that much to live a happy, comfortable life. The most important thing is land and a nice home in which to raise a family.

my goal is to eat rice or some other extremely healthy and cheap food for lunch, a banana for breakfast, but then whatever the hell I want for supper. I'm pretty close to achieving this goal, I screw it up very few times in a week.

Male ones

Nietzsche was a faggot

Jesus was not an ascetic. John the Baptist was. Jesus actually mentioned this at one point when responding to criticisms.

Separate consumption goods from necessities. I'm an aesthetic ascetic. I still desire a suitable home for my family--and desire a family at that. I desire a safe and comfortable life for myself and my children. I do not desire hoarding cheap wares, concerning myself with brand name merchandise, luxury goods, or prestige for its own sake. I like clean simple spaces filed only with what I can manage to possess that does not impede my ability to remain unattached to trivial things.

You should be able to make an inventory of everything you own by memory. If you can't you own too much.

Gautama Buddha rejected asceticism and instead discovered the middle path as a way to enlightenment. Your image is from a time before that, where he still thought, that absolute asceticism bordering on torture would be beneficial.

*Middle way

>simpler life with less distractions
>healthier and clearer mind and body free from chemicals and suppliments
>clean soul due to higher morals and practices
>more aware of yourself and what it means to be human

sounds good bro

>Examples of ascetics
>Diogenes of Sinope

wow you are retarded. the dude was an edgy angry asshole that would jerk off naked in the marketplace and make fun of people all day.

far superior to your faggot ass. kill yourself OP.

>>Jesus Christ
he was a wino

>morals

Ironic you'd make this thread on the last day of my fasting.

>that absolute asceticism bordering on torture would be beneficial.

It is, the suffering brought him the clarity he needed to appreciate the full picture.

fuck off

Ascetism is a way of dealing with a bunch of problems with another problem. Buddha tried it and moved on.
Jesus wasn't ascetic, he was more like an educated Henry Rollins with a part to play in the politics of his time.
Diogenes was a fucken troll and a slob, possibly mentally ill, definitely tied up with all he rejected since every waking moment was a rejection.
Nietzsche never won a fight and was terrible with women.
St Francis of Assisi wanted to be the greatest soldier of all time, failed and decided to be the greatest holy man of all time. Basically the desire to be a rockstar about whatever.

No point, we still die no matter what.

It is hard to get oneself to fast these days. Lots of food everywhere and lots of stress conducive to eating.

I already am all for a minimalistic lifestyle though, for personal and political reasons. Also it saves money you can invest to... earn more money.

this guy gets it

>Ascetism is a way of dealing with a bunch of problems with another problem.
>Buddha tried it and moved on.
Lord Gautama tried asceticism in its most extreme state, before realizing that even in asceticism too there should be moderation. He didn't 'move on' and abandon that way of living.

The kind of life he led after he fell short of starving himself to death would still be considered as ascetic by anyone's standards today.

>Examples of ascetics
>>Jesus Christ
>>Gautama Siddartha

Comparing son of God with some shitty poo in the loo, good job

The true asceticism for the modern world is to go without electronics.

Seriously, cut all the electric to your house for a week and it totally fucks you up.

>Examples of ascetics
>>Jesus Christ
>>Siddartha Gautama

Comparing some dead kike on a stick with the 9th incarnation of Vishnu, good job

Some sadhus swear to sleep standing up for decades and do it. Bums that are taken care of need to make some struggle. Trying to keep your sanity by doing something insane isn't worth it.

Wait, wasn't Lord Krishna the incarnation of Vishnu? I thought Lord Gautama was a regular human like us.

>Lord Gautama was a regular human
yes
user just shitposted in reply to the other shitpost

Krishna is the 8th incarnation of Vishnu. Buddha is the 9th. It also can depend on who you ask.

Go lick some pig testicles, Tariq.

Are you honestly comparing that insane Yogi shit to just cutting the power?

Cutting the power also has the side effect of making you realise how dependent on electricity you are, which would help you prepare for a SHTF.

>Trying to keep your sanity by doing something insane isn't worth it.

And yet, we're all here.

Nietzsche? Fuck off, try saint simeon stylites

Their are multiple paths on the mountain user, why choose the anti social one

You can achieve the same by following dharma

>It also can depend on who you ask.
That's why I got curious, I don't know who would consider him the encarnation of a god, if he himself stated he wasn't one.

Like who gives a shit anyway, except for few stay in home moms and hippies this joke of a religion failed to spread beyond the poo in the loo borders anyway (and when you talk with young Indians they say they just don't just don't eat beef in front of their grandparents so they get the inheritance) , budhism made it to chinks but basically died when they started getting persecuted, really quality of a religion.

christcucks, kikes, and mudshits can't follow dharma.

Why so angry?

>Buddha is the 9th. It also can depend on who you ask.
Is that what hindus say then?
Because that is not the case in any of the 3 major branches of buddhism.
what, you think anyone here isn't aware, that islam is a violent and unwholesome set of beliefs?
or are you automatically assuming that every german flag posts from the islamic caliphate of germanistan.

>asceticism
>higher morals

I think you missed the point.

Depends on the extent. Just saying selfsacrifice for its own sake doesn't lead anywhere, it's just busywork. There are real problems to tackle for most of us.
But yeah it's beneficial if done in moderation, just as fasting is.
Fair enough.

>Well Sup Forums? Are you ready to give up the frivolous things in your life?

I am ready.
But I have a wife.
What should I do?

adopt a dolphin and raise him as your son

>Diogenes of Sinope
>Jesus Christ
>Gautama Siddartha
>Saint Francis of Assisi
>Nietzsche
All of those people were crazy and lead horrible lives and left no children

Incarnations of Vishnu are not gods, like how Hercules in classical greek tradition is not a god. Strict Hindus will not list Buddha as an incarnation of Vishnu and list Balaram as 8th and Krishna as 9th.

Fuck Christcucks, fuck white ethnostates, and fuck you. Just because we don't insist on converting every fucking nigger we meet to our variant of kikery doesn't make it less valid; it makes it better. Now fuck off.

It's what fucking wikipedia says. The fact that you even think of Buddhism as a religion with "branches" shows your lack of depth of understanding.

>Germanistan
All germans are muslims now, and if you say otherwise I'll report you to the Chancellor herself.

am the same user, just posted from my phone before.

In a way. It doesn't need to be repeated by others though.
A buddha is the first to (re)discover the middle way and noble eightfold path, so that others can follow it.

Gautama Buddha had a son

>Buddha had a son
>Argentinian pretends he knows things
>Argentinian pretends he's white

Fuck spics.

Wow a single son of all these people in the list, I'm utterly BTFO

I don't defend christcucks.

Fuck spics.

Your knowledge of Buddhism needs work m8

>Diogenes
>spent his time jerking off in a barrel
>horrible life

you are unnecessary hostile

There are different branches nowadays, that developed from pre-sectarian buddhism, that is just a fact.
It has nothing to do with how I view it, or whether I think it's right or wrong.
Many of those branches/traditions/schools hold incompatible views.

You need more food than 1 banana and some rice. Look up nutritionfacts for what actually constitutes a healthy vegan whole food diet. Eating too little will leave you a flake.

Gautama being incarnation of Vishnu is basically Hindus trolling Buddhists.

Think of it as WE WUZ BUDDHAS N SHIEEET

That being said, Krishna was literally a black man.

That's a very stupid 'argument' you think you just made.

>Why have you not taken the ascetic pill yet?
Cause nigga a cheese burger taste good as fuck

I'm probably whiter than you fool.

I'm brown from India. You're a spic. Fuck spics.

Based Mongloid.

I'm enlightened.

The only incompatibilities that arise between different Buddhist "schools" come from regionalization during the spread of Buddhism out of India. The core philosophy developed by the Buddha himself is almost exactly how dharma, karma, and moksha are explained in classical Hinduism, with the major variation of Buddhism being the abandonment of caste being involved in the cycle of rebirth (which was always a relatively loose connection).

Siddartha Gautama decided asceticism was predicated on pride.

Not sure if the legendary life account is what OP meant but didn't he decide not to die of starvation during some overkill fasting which made the ascetics reject him?
Then he figures out asceticism is a polar extreme of the desire complex.

The community must be helped and improved. You ought to but are not personally responsible for this.
What matters isn't looking into why we are here it's how best we can utilize what little time we have, inaction is death.

>I'm brown from India.
if it's brown, flush it down. poo in loo.

>>trying to give up frivolous things
>but I have a wife
I see what you did there. ;^)

>There are different branches nowadays,
That's true. Even though the goal is the same there are different aggrupations of people with different ways to achieve it. For example I got into it through the Karma Kagyu lineage, aka Diamond Way Buddhism.

What I wonder is, why is Lord Krishna pictured as a blue skin person, if he was black?

Also, unrelated, but there is a family over the US that due to a genetic mutation their skin is literally blue, look it up.

What do you mean by "Jesus was not ascetic'' ?

Evola is a hack.

>mfw Poos are statistically the highest educated, highest income, highest IQ, lowest divorce rate, overall highest quality of life demographic living in the USA

How does it feel knowing even with all the white privilege in the world you still can't compete with me? How does it feel knowing you'll never know your heritage beyond "i'm white and a christcuck"? How does it feel seeing your women taught to score your very existence and prefer juicy Tyrone and Jose cock instead?

>>healthier and clearer mind and body free from chemicals and suppliments
>healthier body
>shows a pic of a starving person
Ascesis might help you to have a happier life, but not a better life. It's pretty much the same as hedonism, being happy is not everything. There are things in the world you cannot not have and ascetics tell themself that they decided not to have this instead of trying to get it, becoming a better, stronger person in the process.

>cannot not have
*cannot have
It actually changes the meaning

Stop eating food.

Krishna is depicted being blue because he was dark-skinned; he wasn't actually a fucking nigger (as in from Africa). More iconographic portrayals of him actually use black for the skin color.

Do Sup Forums buddhists even read ramayana or mahabharat or is it just some trendy new cool thing to do shit?

>that flag...

You do realise that a full third of the genealogy of morality was about rejecting asceticism?

idiot

>he expects Sup Forums to have actually read Nietzsche
Sad times, innit?

>What I wonder is, why is Lord Krishna pictured as a blue skin person, if he was black?

I just joke, my friend ;)

quora.com/Why-is-Krishnas-complexion-depicted-as-blue-when-he-is-actually-black

Practicing the dharma is more important than reading scripture. It's like saying someone is a good Christian for reading the Bible and attending mass but the rest of the time violates or doesn't practice its precepts. I think buddhists would rather focus on the Dhammapada than the Mahabharat. A collection of aphorisms will do the trick at teaching what it is all about and it gives actionable advice that can be put to use immediately.

Coincidentally, that's how most of what we have of the stoic philosophy has reached our days too, as aphorisms. I personally think this is no coincidence and that buddhism and stoicism share many traits.

Yes, but community isn't state, community isn't corporation, community is the people around you you interact with daily. Very often what the state or corporation demands actually harms the community more than anything, I feel no obligation to serve the state, or a corporation, I only feel an obligation to do good to those who I know and meet in daily life. If everybody thought this way, we could live a more healthy and wholesome life, but rather we have many people addicted to wealth and power stabbing their own community in the back for a quick buck all too often.

well said.

Pure naturism is laziness