German media failed to report refugee crisis honestly, study finds

thelocal.de/20170721/german-media-failed-to-report-refugee-crisis-honestly-study-claims

>An influential German institute has studied thousands of article published by daily newspapers during the refugee crisis. Their conclusion: journalists lost their objectivity and drove a wedge through society.

>As hundreds of thousands of refugees arrived in Germany in 2015 and early 2016, daily newspapers took on the role of “public educators” rather than objective critics of public policy, a team of researchers at the Otto Brenner Institute conclude, according to a report in Die Zeit this week.

>The report, which will be published on Monday, criticizes “the so-called mainstream media” for lining up behind Chancellor Angela Merkel’s open-door refugee policies, and for uncritically taking on “the slogans of the political elite.”

>Journalists used the slogan Willkommenskultur (welcoming culture) to put moral pressure on citizens to contribute to the cause of supporting refugees, the study finds.

>People who criticized the government policy were treated by journalists as suspect and potentially racist. “Most journalists failed in their job as someone who is supposed to objectively explain the world to readers,” Haller told Die Zeit.

>News articles were often infused with the opinion of the journalist, while the opinions of normal citizens, of experts, and of asylum seekers themselves were often ignored, he added.

>Newspapers and broadcasters came in for particularly harsh criticism after hundreds of women in Cologne and other cities reported being sexually assaulted at New Year celebrations at the end of 2015.

>The national media took days to pick up on the story, leading critics to claim that they were afraid to report on crimes which portrayed asylum seekers in a poor light.

Will Germans finally learn to stop listening to the Lugenpresse?

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-11/massive-coverup-exposed-sweden-media-cops-hid-migrant-sex-attacks
heatst.com/culture-wars/harvard-study-reveals-huge-extent-of-anti-trump-media-bias/
rt.com/news/364235-merkel-facebook-google-algorithms/
cnbc.com/2015/09/27/angela-merkel-caught-on-hot-mic-pressing-facebook-ceo-over-anti-immigrant-posts.html
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-14/merkel-coalition-seeks-to-punish-social-networks-for-hate-speech
breitbart.com/london/2017/02/21/minister-families-posts-migrant-rapes/
gatestoneinstitute.org/9771/germany-censorship-propaganda
breaking911.com/facebook-wins-german-lawsuit-refugee-hate-speech-posts/
upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2017/03/14/German-minister-wants-to-fine-Facebook-Twitter-up-to-53M-for-fake-news/4471489506369/?spt=su
heatst.com/culture-wars/elderly-german-woman-fined-1350-euros-for-sharing-anti-migrant-joke-on-facebook/
cnet.com/news/german-police-raid-homes-over-social-media-hate-speech/
youtu.be/2IPVLQiK2ps
welt.de/politik/deutschland/article166815163/Studie-bemaengelt-unkritische-Berichterstattung-in-Fluechtlingskrise.html
revisionist.net/shaef-pwd-icd.html
revisionist.net/book-burning.html
counterfire.org/articles/history/18584-keep-the-russians-out-the-americans-in-and-the-germans-down-a-potted-and-bloody-history-of-nato
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. They will still vote for Merkel this fall

By the way, this isn't just in Germany, similar problems were studied in Sweden, the US, and other countries for anyone doubted the obvious.

zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-11/massive-coverup-exposed-sweden-media-cops-hid-migrant-sex-attacks
>Massive Coverup Exposed In Sweden As Media, Cops Hid Migrant Sex Attacks

heatst.com/culture-wars/harvard-study-reveals-huge-extent-of-anti-trump-media-bias/

The massive state control over media in Europe and how they try to stamp down on alternatives obviously makes the whole thing worse though.

Ah, cologne....our 9/11

Depressing, but still better than Schulz.

I hope this gets reported on. When it's released I might sling a cheeky copy to Media Watch here. For what it's worth.

the media should be biased against trump, he's a fucking idiot

has the cruel delusional fantasy of a world we're living in somehow made you think it's okay not to call fucking retards retards

I can't believe it!

If you report the "refugee" (correct word is invader, there are no refugees) crisis honestly in Germany in addition to being mentally/physically violated by virtue signaling retards / antifa / mudslimes / kikes you will be dragged to court and punished.

I miss old Sweden.

>Trump a fucking idiot
Go play in the traffic please. Fucking retard

It took like 2 weeks before the situation in Cologne was revealed, and the only reason it wasn't kept under wrap like other such incidents in the past, present and future is because it was so huge. I would've thought this would be a turning point for Germans, but a lot of them are still suicidal it looks like.

The media should be biased against any power structure, and serve the people.

What the media in the US actually ends up doing is serving globalists, the DNC, and protecting the banking and corporate interests that control them.

Let's not forget that it was the mainstream media that largely drove the "WMDs" narrative pushing for the Iraq War, and they still manipulate the narrative around Syria.

They spent the last 8 years treating Obama as a saint and covering up all the bad things he did, spinning everything in his favor. Media perception is entirely responsible for the way people see the world, that was especially true before alternatives were made easily available on the internet.

Based leaf

The establishment media in the US has been losing power, with trust in the MSM being at an all-time low & outlets like CNN plundering, alternatives popping up all over the place

The same thing needs to happen in Europe. It's even more biased than in America, and there's not enough being done to change it and make & Europeans realize it. It's also obviously harder when the state might censor alternative outlets for "fake news" and "hate speech".

rt.com/news/364235-merkel-facebook-google-algorithms/
>Merkel says Facebook, Google ‘distort perception,’ demands they ‘reveal algorithms’

cnbc.com/2015/09/27/angela-merkel-caught-on-hot-mic-pressing-facebook-ceo-over-anti-immigrant-posts.html
>Angela Merkel caught on hot mic griping to Facebook CEO

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-14/merkel-coalition-seeks-to-punish-social-networks-for-hate-speech
>Merkel Coalition Seeks to Punish Social Media for Hate Speech

breitbart.com/london/2017/02/21/minister-families-posts-migrant-rapes/
>German Minister Pledges to Protect Families… from Social Media Posts About Migrant Rapes

gatestoneinstitute.org/9771/germany-censorship-propaganda
>60 people suspected of writing "hate speech" online had their homes raided by German police.

breaking911.com/facebook-wins-german-lawsuit-refugee-hate-speech-posts/
>Facebook wins German lawsuit over refugee hate-speech posts

upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2017/03/14/German-minister-wants-to-fine-Facebook-Twitter-up-to-53M-for-fake-news/4471489506369/?spt=su
>Germany wants to fine Facebook, Twitter up to $53M for "fake news"

heatst.com/culture-wars/elderly-german-woman-fined-1350-euros-for-sharing-anti-migrant-joke-on-facebook/
>Elderly German Woman Fined 1,350 Euros for Sharing Anti-Immigrant Joke on Facebook

cnet.com/news/german-police-raid-homes-over-social-media-hate-speech/
>German police said to raid homes over online "hate speech"

you don't need a study to find this out, you don't need any study to know that not a single shitskin or traitor belong in the west

the media lied? I'm shocked

You need it to make your average Joe understands that the whole "liberal media", and "leftist bias" thing is not just a meme. And all backed up by scientific studies instead of just personal opinion.

Europeans are being displaced, raped, exploited and killed every day yet the media won't ever report honestly on it, unless they're forced to and the pressure keeps up to discredit them.

average joe does not read media, average joe has two eyes but he does not care, an information war is blackpilled by definition and you will lose if you think you can hand average joe 100articles and several infographs per day and expect him to read it let alone act on it, becase why should he when you are not?

who knows, maybe if you give them 300articles per day they will storm parliament tomorrow ;))) im sure reading all that crap has no effect on their morale whatsoever

In other news, water is wet

wow, i am shocked! what a fucking surprise.

>muh policy
>muh democracy
>muh objective
>muh refugees
>muh freedom
You are getting legally invaded and replaced, for fucks sake.

>Failed to report

They didn't "fail", they hid the truth

This is why the white elitests of europe are flooding their countries with niggers. You can't persuade comfy liberal europeans to engage in a worldwide genocide of blacks and muslims until they FEEL them in the streets. The last redpill is realizing that white supremacy and neo-nazi'ism is the end goal of the elites. They are manufacturing consent to genocide sub-humans. Praise kek.

>German media failed to report refugee crisis honestly
You don't fucking say?

>the media should be biased against trump,

You're absolutely right. With the sheer number of democrat bias, outright collusion and neopotism in all forms of media going on!

>who knows, maybe if you give them 300articles

Who the fuck ever said that faggot?

The whole point is to completely destroy the credibility and hegemony of the MSM so when they read something from Tagesschau they instantly have suspicion and they start relying less and less on state media and the MSM for news and info.

Even being an "ignorant dumb racist" is better sucking up all this globalist propaganda.

>better sucking up all this globalist propaganda.

better than*

>Will Germans finally learn to stop listening to the Lugenpresse?
We already did one and a half years ago.

>(((white)))

Tell me more Mr. Goldstein.

Is that why they keep hiding these incidents, and literally criminalize any dissent or backlash, while they let this shit go unopposed?

youtu.be/2IPVLQiK2ps

No. Fucking. Shit.

In other news, fucking water is fucking wet. Fuck.

This isn't about informing you, it's about telling normies and citing university studies. Your job is to make sure they know

>>People who criticized the government policy were treated by journalists as suspect and potentially racist.
>News articles were often infused with the opinion of the journalist, while the opinions of normal citizens, of experts, and of asylum seekers themselves were often ignored, he added.

I guess it's finally time to say it:

Reality has a conservative bias.

oh boy goyims dont listen to that lügen presse listen to my lügen presse because it fits my agenda the best.

Any one with a IQ higher then 80 listen reads all the news and makes his own mind.

If you're so dumb that you fell for the obvious propaganda, the fact that you were manipulated won't change your view anyway. Their agenda was so obvious, it hurt. Utterly ridiculous.

Best part is even normis find out (at least some) that medias are fucked up and they get really pissed about it

>(((EU))) flag
>defending Jew-owned, state-funded media that promotes anti-white agenda, anti-nationalist, pro-immigration, globalist agenda and hides migrant crime 24/7
>oy vey don't listen to anything else, that's "fake news"

You have to go back.

yes it does matter because the news is being related to them from their trusted websites.

Is this damage control? Or is the tide turning?

So in other news, water has been the wettest ever?

It is already discussed in an article from the influential ZEIT newspaper.The study will be published on monday, so you can look then if it goes out to the other outlets.

Damage control.

Things are even worse. If you report something about this mudslime invasion, or criticise it on social media you will be immediately attacked - labeled fake news, hate speech and in case of Germany - beaten by antifa and fined or jailed.

Results?

Fuck off you islamic nigger of peace.

Lol it makes me laugh how Germans will still vote for Merkel hahaha

>MERKEL LETS IN OVER 2 MILLION UNSKILLED MALE MIGRANTS
>GERMAN POPULATION - HMM WHO COULD STOP ALL THESE MIGRANTS
>LETS VOTE FOR MERKEL

FUCK GERMANY, ALL OF THEM ARE LIBERAL ANTIFA TYPE MORONS

LET THEM BURN

Hopefully we can save the internet. European governments and especially the German government are censoring harder and harder. Youtube videos are blocked, they censor Facebook posts/call them "fake news" when they go against the official narrative and/or hide them completely. The average German still doesn't have a clue what is happening everyday because the Lugenpresse only shows the rapes and crimes that are impossible to hide, because they were spread through the internet before.

And then you have Youtube and other corporations like Patreon or Twitter just removing accounts and channels usually without government intervention.

They burn down another bunch of innocents with them. They need to be stopped ASAP.
But yes - various kikes across the seas and straits want to earn blood money so no avail.

LET IT ALL BURN

Who are the big bosses of these media outlets in the west? I would bet my last two teeth that they are nosensteins

Factor in self-censorship (because of stigma - you fucking racist) and virtue signaling.

No shit sherlock - pro-german mainstream media doesn't exist anymore - which is why the counter culture is growing faster then ever.

Well the current publisher of Die Zeit is Josef Joffe who is, guess what, one of ((((them)))).

I was just in germany the past 6 months. Sooooo much talk. Zero action. They bitch and gripe and moan about how shitty things are. Then they blame the USA and vote for merkel again. Its fucking insane. They will very thoughtfully line out every single issue their country has in a well presented manner detailing the complexity of the issues and how its effecting them both on a personal and national level...... then drop thier pants and spray a torrent of diahrreah all over the table with a "AND ITS ALL AMERICA'S FAULT IM VOTING FOR MERKEL!" rant. Over there the media basically tries to connect every single fuckup their government does to the USA.

>high taxes? Mericas fault.
>we literally cant stop bringing in refugees? Mericas fault
>economy is sluggish and stagnant? Mericas fault
>climate change? Merica's fault.
>favorite brand of mustard not available in stores now? America did it!
>vagueley ugly and unattractive? Trump did this to you!!!
>rained when you wanted to go to the park? US Military is why your weekend got rained on!
>so vote merkel in to her 30th year in power so she can fix all of these horrible things america is doing!!!!

Its so fucking obvious but they just eat it up.

NO REALLY?!

Did we really fucking need a study for this? Holy fucking shit Germany get your fucking shit together you subhuman slav rape baby trash.

This.

This "Americans fault" narrative is tried to cultivate here too but we just label the cultivator stupid russian propagandist and it works very well because of our past. This is the difference between eastern and western europe - western cuck propaganda is crippled here.

But one thing is Americans fault - you elected the Islamic king nigger, fucking morons.

Don't need a study to state the obvious

Yeah our bad.

Pinky promise it won't happen again but we can't control what Mr.Goldstein does and we will try our best to stop him.

Man, you guys are lucky. You get a new 9/11 every year. We've only had one.

I like this wisdom, im gonna steal it for preserving, has a nice biological ring to it

You elected him twice, let me remind you this. Now clean his shit all over the world or die trying.

I aint saying my nation is perfect. Fuck. Far from it. Our last commander and chimp was a fucking abortion. But ive noticed in europe they cultivate a very orwellian 1984 "goldstein" style scapegoat out of the USA.

If you turn on any western european news network in 5 minutes its obvious what the messege is.
>Everything in europe would be perfect if it wasnt for america! The brave and compassionate leaders of (insert western european nation here) work tirelessly in the best interests of their people but the shadowy spectre of the USA is always lurking around every corner and in every back alley to sabotage their glorious progress.
>our poor tired overworked leaders struggle against the shadow of US imperialism every day but they are still stalwart and fearless in the face of this sneaky degenerate and cunning foe! Vote for your local left wing party today to evict these yankee ne'er do wells from our glorious nation!

Pretty much any given 5 minute segment on any western european news network.

Almost exclusively that.

I guess this would be about the time for a public lynching of all those involved in the cover up. Anyone up to organise one?

that study actually found that the media reported too pessimistic about refugees. crimes which refugees have done were excessively present.

>the media should be biased
kys

I'd rather he just die instead

Can one root of this be the famous Obama legacy you see in effect in Europe?
I myself felt change here when Islamic king nigger came into power in US. Useless nation of 1 million as we are - global changes are felt here very well.

No we didnt. California did. Our republic was meant to support 5 million agrarian people on a landmass 1/10th the size we now posess.

Now we got 400 million people across an entire continent and our republic is crumbling. Thanks to urbanization of the populacr basically 12 cities control every election with 3 of them being in cali (LA sanfran and san diego.)

Quite frankly it was a fucking mirace trump managed to rally enough of the rural populace to override the east and west coasts normally dominating vote.

The entire nation is essentially run by new york and california now. Its a clusterfuck, our nation is probably in the century long process of ripping itself apart, and we're sorry you guys are caught in the splash damage.

Trump is an abberration, we probably wont see his like in office again from here on out.

Wrong.
welt.de/politik/deutschland/article166815163/Studie-bemaengelt-unkritische-Berichterstattung-in-Fluechtlingskrise.html

They are brainwashed faggots. They will lose their culture because they don't have the balls to do what needs to be done.

He will be declared prophet if you fail.
> pic related

>No we didnt. California did. Our republic was meant to support 5 million agrarian people on a landmass 1/10th the size we now posess.
>The entire nation is essentially run by new york and california now. Its a clusterfuck, our nation is probably in the century long process of ripping itself apart, and we're sorry you guys are caught in the splash damage.

the electoral college originally existed for this reason and still exists for the same reason

>Germany under control of allies
>Russia, US , Great Britain and France
Shouldn't we be based as fuck by now?

problem is everyone keeps referring to this people as "refugees" when in reality the lion share are economic migrants. I don't have any stats, but I would say 80% are economic migrats, 10% are geniue refugees fleeing the countries NATO has bombed to hell Libya,Syria,Iraq, and Afghanistan, and another 10% are ISIS coming in.

the entire EU leadership needs to be tried for treason against native Europeans

People take this as evidence of collusion in the media, behind the scenes narrative, I think it's just minimum effort, none of these organisations independently verify stories, why would they bother changing the title?

Except its starting to resemble the mob rule if direct democracy that its supposed to protect us from. Im from Montana, we get 3 votes. We literally dont matter and have very very little say in what is best for us. Ideally we would still be a CONFEDERATION like we were prior to the civil war and the federal govt wouldnt intrude into state affairs. Realistically the highest populated areas trample all over the lowest populated ones. The representatives of the populace end up just doing exactly what a directly democratic populace would in microcosm.

I give this USA thing 50 to 100 years. Shits gonna fall apart.

>ZOG
>based

The Allies and commies weren't based at all. They're why you're (and the whole West) is in this mess in the first place

revisionist.net/shaef-pwd-icd.html
>As soon as the U.S. Army entered Germany at war’s end, the U.S. Army and the Office of Military Government shut down German newspapers, journals, and radio stations in the American zone and installed brainwashing experts from the Psychological Warfare Division of the Supreme Headquarters Allied Expeditionary Force (PWD/ SHAEF) to control the German minds. This force later became the Information Control Division (ICD). They immediately banned German “politically tainted” journalists, and prohibited any proud or nationalistic messages that could encourage resistance to their project. They hand picked and licensed German editors from various left wing organizations to run the media, newspapers and journals and by mid-1946, they had given press licenses to 73 mostly left-leaning Germans whose job it was to create a “new, democratic Germany.” The ICD defined and limited what was acceptable in both political and cultural fields, and monitored and regulated all information that reached Germans in the American zone and sector. By July, 1946, the ICD had taken control of 37 German newspapers, 6 radio stations, 314 theatres, 642 cinemas, 101 magazines, 237 book publishers, 7,384 book dealers and printers and one of its main criteria was to strictly prohibit any criticism of the Allied forces of occupation and stifle any criticism of Allied war time actions such as the lethal civilian bombing campaigns. In addition, on May 13, 1946 the Allied Control council issued a directive for the confiscation on all media that could contribute to anything loosely defined as militaristic, nationalistic or any material which glorified German history.

nonsense.

revisionist.net/book-burning.html
>From Time, Issue of Monday, May 27, 1946:

>The four-power Coordinating Committee decided to reduce to pulp all “undemocratic, militaristic and Nazi” literature, museum and library material, newspapers, films and war memorials

counterfire.org/articles/history/18584-keep-the-russians-out-the-americans-in-and-the-germans-down-a-potted-and-bloody-history-of-nato
>'Keep the Russians out, the Americans in, and the Germans down'

You can not be objective about this manufactured "crisis" in Germany. It is prohibited.

The German media is part of the Stasi 2.0.

THIS.

Sieg Merkel!

Some nigger misspelled welcome

I agree with you I just believe that the electoral college, while not perfect, does mitigate a lot of the damage of NYC and California voters

I know all this but nowadays, if Trump, Putin, Macron and May could steer our political course, things would look different.

Are you the same autistic leaf that keeps posting sources with highlights in threads?

If so - you're doing God's work.

Who will chain all the mudslimes in your wonderland? They go apeshit after course change.

Im not saying it doesnt. Im saying its probably not gonna work for a lot longer. This nations prime imperative for existing was supposed to be protecting the rights of the individual from the tyranny of the majority.

Weve had a paradigm shift. Now the individual is expected to sacrifice individual liberty for the good of the majority. Thats what all this "check your privledge" nonsense is really about. And the system of representatives we have are beginning to supress individual rights with majority rules too.

Example: federal water rights grabbing in the northwest.

>families who have worked the land and made it profitable since before the area was even part of the US own the water and use it for personal profit
>fed shows up after 150 years of this, declares they actually own it and in the interest of public good are going to manage it and the owner now owes them to use it
>multiple state congressmen oppose it
>all the entire northwestern congressmen put together equate to what just california has, not even including the rest of the east coast and the midwest
>who all agree that since the fish in the creeks and ponds are federal property the water is too

It doesnt matter that the representatives from the area are faithfully guarding their constituents rights. The mob of congresscritters from out of state can legislste that shit down by simple virtue of one single state having more votes in congress than the entire northwest combined. The mob supresses individual water rights in a state theyve never been to.

Its not how the system was intended to operate. Its eroding our republic and replacing it with a democracy, which is really just mob tyranny.