Regulations are always a bad thi-

>regulations are always a bad thi-

Care to explain to the wives and the sons and the daughters of the 29 men lost on the Edmund Fitzgerald why safety regulations are all stupid and need to be repealed...?

No? Thought not.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9vST6hVRj2A
youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Regulations are fine if voluntary

Can we ban all Michigan fags?
They're basically canadian

if it's voluntary it's not a regulation dumbass.

Not all safety regulation is bad, but a lot of times they're just redundant because no sane person would do it by themselves.
Besides, if it's a really serious issue the private sector will fix it themselves just like with the San Francisco trams.

all

shill

threads

have

some

cunt

double

tapping

enter

after

every

sentence

for

no

reason

The cause of the accident is unknown.

What regulation do you think would have saved the ship?

child labor laws are regulations and im pretty sure not event he most hardcore conservative is against sending kids back to coal mines.

Not all regulations are bad

The new regulation of freeboard height requirements bankrupted 3 fleets on the Great Lakes. The thin margin the Lakers make is absurd.

One little accident and you cost 400+ people their jobs and increased the cost of bulk shipping.

All regulation is voluntary as you always have the option of not complying with them.

It was overloaded. They don't know if it broke apart in the rough seas or simply say low enough that waves flooded it, but either way the regulations enacted after the sinking have saved hundreds if not thousands of lives.

>Not all regulations are bad
Exactly. However the push back is against regulations that are not built for safety of protection but to shape an industry for a political goal.

The stream protection act was built not to protect streams but to kill coal mining.

Saying that a worker can't come within 150m of a stream isn't protecting a stream when that same person could come back on a day off and swim in that same stream.

And also probably cost billions of dollars in lost possible cargo

Leafless is right, not all regulation is bad, only unnecessary regulation is, because it only serves to make the national industry uncompetitive so a few top hats can outsource eevrything to the third world.
It's as voluntary as paying the fines that come with not adhering to them.

>It was overloaded.
It was at it's normal operating load wasn't it?

That might be too much but I don't believe their was evidence it had an unsafe amount of ore.

Although that said you can tell it wasn't as safe as it could have been because the front fell off.
youtube.com/watch?v=3m5qxZm_JqM

>And also probably cost billions of dollars in lost possible cargo
Maybe millions. It was an iron ore hauler.

kek

Does anyone know where the love of God goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

Yes, my fellow pede

I hole hardheartedly agree

My good sir

Thank you for double tapping that enter

to make it easier for us

9gag army to

read

what is posted

here

You are full of shit

I know guys that sailed on the fitz, most say it was just a freak accident

he

really

is

full

of

shit

I

agree

>If I redefine words in retarded ways
The true mark of a pseudo-intellectual. Using your logic literally everything is voluntary, the word loses all meaning. Slavery is voluntary, getting raped is voluntary, being murdered is voluntary.

Bullshit, she was carrying a regular max load of taconite.

She likely broke her back on the Six Fathom Shoal and then hogged when hit by Three Sisters. It was human navigation error at SFS combined with an "Act of God" that sent her to the bottom.

What is a human life worth? How would you feel if your boss was about to send you down in a mine and said "oh yeah user, well, there's a lot of toxic gas down there but I'm not going to give you a respirator because if I had to give everyone one it'd cost me millions!"

It really

is

bullshit

I agree

tap tap enter

tap tap

I dont know what a human life is worth, the ones who put regulations obviously know though
/s

Checked

What is paragraph spacing? There's 2 sentences in my second line, faggit.

Any sane person would quit their job right there, so the opportunity cost of not sending people down with respirators would be much higher than the cost of any respirator.
Remember that he still wants profit so he must give enough worker welfare for them to bring him the profit

>What is a human life worth? How would you feel if your boss was about to send you down in a mine and said "oh yeah user, well, there's a lot of toxic gas down there but I'm not going to give you a respirator because if I had to give everyone one it'd cost me millions!"
The statement was in the context of the cargo. He implied the cargo was worth billions it was not. Iron ore has a value of $80 per ton in 2017 dollars.

For your question I would refuse any work that I knew was unsafe or illegal. It's vastly cheaper to avoid accidents with proper safety than it is try and edge out savings with dangerous work. It's every worker's right and obligation to refuse unsafe work. Any company wroth anything follows safety practices as a cost saving measure not as an obligation to the government. When the government creates regulation that's not enhancing safety but is trying to push a political goal that's when you get push back.

Don't you mean

''What is paragraph spacing?

There's 2 sentences in my second line,

faggit.''

?

safety regulations are for faggot democrats....

>I'm OP and I'm triggered by the concept that the government could ever be wrong about anything!! I have massive daddy issues and I identify the government as a parental figure!!!

sage, also MODS delete this shit thread

t
a
p
p
y

tap

t

a

pp

p

y
taptap enter enter

t
a
p

tap

tap

my

fellow

pede

:)

>reddit spacing in my post
Someone is really buttblasted

So you do realise it's not profitable to have your employees die right?

ur mom it the only one that is

b

u

tt

b
la

s
t
ed
tap

youre just jealous of my trips

>regulations didn't exist for the Edmund Fitzgerald.

wew lad that goes a little over board with the factlessness.

I am not sure if you are pretending to be retarded, but the vast majority of people who are against regulations are against the fact that there can sometimes be up to 100 regulations for a simple thing that can all be collapsed into a single regulation requiring, for example, a reduction of X by Y date.

More innovation will occur if a law or regulation is worded as, "Reduce X by Y date" than "Do these 100 things to reduce X and be finned by Y date because even implementing all of those 100 things won't result in the required reduction of X."

>have strict regulations
>Cost companies millions that could be invested back into company and more better paid employees
>People still die everyday

SEE THIS IS WHY WE HAVE REGULATIONS!!!! SO STUFF LIKE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN!!!!

Good afternoon fellow lake nigger. The Edmund Fitzgerald sunk because it bottomed out on the rock shoal by Caribou Island. Not because safety precautions weren't followed. They took on water and were washed under a big wave. They sunk in an instant with no distress call, and died when the water burst through the windows.

>oldfag detected

Tell us more

You're so right, user. I'm sure Mr. Sailor would rather earn $2,000 extra per year with a 95% chance of dying every day than earn a little bit less and be much safer!

Fake news. The Edmund Fitzgerald was seen in Singapore a couple weeks ago.

Read some Rothbard and Mises. Insurance is the regulatory force for safety in the free market. Providing better service, more flexibly to market demand, and at a better price than the corrupt public-private options provided to the public via insider deals and cronyism.

Safety is easily attained without the force and threat of government punishment.

Stop being a dem nig and read books.

>Regulations keep those above the law in power and those below from challenging those above

just like how in China they solved the high suicide rate in their factories by just putting up safety nets around them.

>Safety is easily attained without the force and threat of government punishment.
Not actually true. A lot of smaller operators think they can get by with unsafe practices. It's only when you have many employees that are constantly in danger that safety becomes economically profitable.

The government threat is needed.

A key example is the difference between US and Canadian oil and gas drilling. The US is generally felt to be 30 years behind Canada in safety. I've seen this in the Bakken oil fields which is between the two nations. Same technical requirements in terms of drilling yet the US side costs more, has more accidents, and not surprisingly less government regulations.

I was originally going to say this but in the end it's a bad example since they need to put those up because of the terrible working conditions in the factories

mandatory thread theme

I agree with regulations for job safety especially with regards to ships. I worked on a multitude of commercial vessels and those companies wouldn't spend any money on safety equipment if they didn't have to

>not posting the based Gordon Lightfoot song

for shame user. for shame.