STUDY: Women's mental health could suffer from 'breastaurant' work

>STUDY: Women's mental health could suffer from 'breastaurant' work

>Could working as a waitress at restaurants like Hooters or Twin Peaks be bad for your mental health?

>Two researchers in the Psychology Department at the University of Tennessee here published research that they say shows a link.

>The two used an online survey promoted via social media to find female restaurant servers in the United States 18 or older who spoke English. After eliminating those who weren’t servers now or who didn’t fully complete the survey, they ended up with 252 participants ages 18 to 66.►

>The researchers concluded that women who work in “sexually objectifying restaurant environments,” where they wear revealing clothing and are encouraged to flirt with customers, were at greater risk for anxiety and eating disorders. That was not only because their bodies were displayed and scrutinized, in some instances with their appearance “graded” by customers and supervisors, but also because they lacked power at work to control their own environment, such as with sexual harassment.

>"Most people are pretty respectful," Ashley Yonan, who worked during college for two years at a Hooters in Santa Monica, Calif., told Cosmopolitan in 2015. "It's a sexually charged atmosphere so there may be a few innuendos, but being a Hooters girl you kind of can't be offended by that because you signed up for this and you are embracing that sexual atmosphere."

usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2017/07/19/restaurants-breastaurants-women/491645001/

===

These types of restaurants hurt women's mental health. Maybe it's time these sorts of businesses were shutdown. They're making profits off of the misery of women who work there as they have to endure sexual harassment as well as pressure to live up to ridiculous body standards.

Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2016/06/06/women-ceos-fortune-500-2016/
foxnews.com/world/2017/07/20/canadian-man-builds-park-stairs-for-550-even-though-city-said-project-would-cost-65g.html
siliconbeat.com/2016/03/23/gender-wage-gap-tech-professions/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Women are fucked up anyway so who cares.

Study: men's mental health can suffer from performing intense physical labor for little pay and even less respect

wew lad

>self selected study among social media whores
>higher levels of anxiety and eating disorders
wow I bet if you samples random democrats you'd find most of them are liberal

If feminists were protesting places like hooters, and not encouraging sexualizing behavior as some kind of liberation, I would have some amount of respect for them.

I don't see any reason to respect places like hooters where women are intentionally objectified, and this mindset that somehow it's okay because it's their choice to work, is merely saying consent makes any bad thing okay.

If we, and I, want to see women who are respectable and human, then places like this need to be protested.

I'll stand by this all day long.

(((Szymański)))
(((Mikorski)))

but anyway I agree, this kind of restaurants are probably shit.

Want to contribute to the conversation OP?

>women
>brains

Leftists:

> The researchers concluded that women who work in “sexually objectifying restaurant environments,” where they wear revealing clothing and are encouraged to flirt with customers, were at greater risk for anxiety and eating disorders.

Also leftists:

> Legalize prostitution.

hmmm....

>The Percentage of Female CEOs in the Fortune 500 Drops to 4%
fortune.com/2016/06/06/women-ceos-fortune-500-2016/

Get fucked, you little misogynist. Men work cushy jobs. Society is set up for white men and they get first shot at the best employment opportunities just for being white men.

Any white man stuck in a low paying menial job must be genetically defective because they were given a HUGE adavantage/headstart over everyone else.

Meanwhile, women have to work low paying jobs because of discrimination and sexism from men, and when women do manage to make it into a profession that's male-dominated, they are paid less for the same work.

Fuck off hippy

Does it damage women, or do damaged women go into it?

>work at h00ters
>complain about sexism

If they can't handle some drunks at hooters, what makes you think they can handle being a CEO?

these shitebag insane women are more attracted to these jobs, the jobs dont turn them that way

researchers are such faggots

Explain why law firms cannot hold onto their female partners even when offering them pay packages greater than some of the male partners?

Ohhh right, mysogeny.

Not "Oh god i'm 35 i don't want to work 80 hour work weeks for the next 20 years! How will i ever find a man who can satisfy me when i have one of the highest paying jobs in the world??"

You can give up on a career or you can give up on having a man who is better than you.

Your choice.

And why make everything about race? Race baiting triggerlord.

Online survey
selection bias.

/thread

Hahaha this author has obviously never been to China.

>Go to KTV
You can fuck the hostess
>Go to nail salon
You can fuck the girl
>Go to barbershop
You can fuck the girl
>Go to hotel
You can fuck the housekeeping
>Go to massage place
You can fuck the masseuse
>Own a business
You can fuck your employees

Nobody gets hurt by this, weak-ass sluts can't handle a few stares, gimme a break. Dress like Ginsburg and see what happens to your tips.

this doesn't suprise me in the least to be honest i can't speak for dive resturants such as hooters and what have you but i can confirm after spending a solid 15 years in the food industry from casual to fine dining and front of house management to get my ccc is that if women stay longer than using serving as a stepping stone to pay for college and basically go full lifer in a place they become so fucking mentally damaged. like drinking every day and basically acting like 20 until they are 35 i mean back of house is hard to but i have seen the absolute fucking decay of decent women over the years holy shit some bright and cute girls just fucking devolve into a shell of themselfes riddled with alchol and prescription meds to take the edge off there garbage life

Don't like it? Don't work there. Don't like it? Don't eat there.

I do like it and I will continue to eat there.

Imagine how you'd feel if you had to wear some demeaning outfit while working in some hot sweaty bar with middle-aged men constantly asking personal questions about you and asking you to do things like smile or "spin around, so I can get a better look at you" or telling you "you have a nice figure" or if they "accidentally" brushed up against you.

Men don't have to put up with crap like this.

Don't apply at hooters then?

Restaurant work in general isn't good for mental health.

>could people working dead end jobs have mental issues

really makes me wonder

>ywn wear a revealing outfit and make extra money for simply being attractive
>male sexuality will never be profitable again

What is a ridiculous body standard? You sound retarded.

imagine how you'd feel if you had to wear some uncomfortable kitchen jacket while working in a hot sweaty kitchen for 12 hours with servers constantly screeching in your ear asking you things like wheres the food, why isnt my order ready. while the server out there has to deal with a little harassment and brags at the end of her 8 hour shifts she pulled in more money in tips than you will slaving in the back of house for 3 days

women dont have to put up with crap like this

>Men don't have to put up with crap like this.
I thought you meant gay bars for a second

>you little misogynist
Retard confirmed

>a fucking pine

RARE
A
R
E

>were at greater risk for anxiety and eating disorders.
but that won't stop them from endlessly whoring themselves out on Instagram/Snapchat/Facebook for likes and views

>Any white man stuck in a low paying menial job must be genetically defective because they were given a HUGE adavantage/headstart over everyone else.
While I agree that there are distinct genetic advantages to being white, like higher intelligence and attractiveness, that doesn't stop them from doing 100% of manual labor.

How much do they cost though

>Restaurant work in general isn't good for mental health.

Then imagine how bad it must been with the added bonus of having to wear a skimpy outfit and endure creepers.

i could only dream of landing a food service job where people praised my body all day and over tipped me even though they really hated their meals

pretty sure gay bars exist m8

fuck I love jellybean, legs are to kill for.

Maybe this is a leafland thing, but every construction site I walk past on my way to work, every group of roadworkers, all the people in big heavy utility gear; downtrodden, hard working, gritty white guys.

They need an study?

Waste of academic money.

woman want to be sexualized , thats why they dress sexy, but they also want to be respected. that doesnt exclude eatchother

>having to
She could quit and go work at a regular restaurant in a heartbeat. She's not going to though, why? Because being able to wear that slutty outfit at work means more tips. More tips = higher takehome.

Good. Hooters is degenerate.

You can do this in China?

But consent DOES make any bad thing okay.
Doctor assisted suicide, rape, etc.

Pretty sure most women would argue that rape is a bad thing, unless they consent to it- then they fucking love it.

Feminist and faggots protest places like hooters and strip joints...

All the while they walk down the street with assless chaps in a faggot parade while they fuck ontop of a mobile float. While they subject small children to their hyper sexualized behavior.

But faggots and rainbow group pukes complain that we have secure area strip clubs behind closed doors away from all eyes.

fuck all of these people
its time to kill them all and drain their blood into the sewer.

Do they have a 'big guy' standing around so people keep their hands off the girls?

How does she manage to look hot and also cringey as fuck at the same time?

>construction

Uhhhh...

>Canadian man builds park stairs for $550 – even though city said project would cost $65G
foxnews.com/world/2017/07/20/canadian-man-builds-park-stairs-for-550-even-though-city-said-project-would-cost-65g.html

Those "downtrodden, hard working, gritty white guys" are unionized goons who are overpaid and spend 1/3th of the working hours in their day goofing off and "shooting the shit" with their equally overpaid co-workers and supervisors. The only ones putting in work are the apprentices who will turn into overpaid union stooges in about three years time.

>breastaurant
Hat have you done burgers

If you willingly chose to work at these kinds of places, you're already damaged

Well, whether you like it or not- they're doing work that most of us don't enjoy. I've worked in hard labour, I've worked in food service and I've worked in retail. Food service is the easiest industry and if women can't handle that without getting PTSD how can we expect them to compete in other areas?
When I visit Alberta to hang out with my oil sand friends, they're all white guys who spend all their time staying physically fit and working super long hours because it's insanely tough work. Surprise, surprise, there's very very few women there.

Acne scars and shit tastes.

How about we don't let women become waitresses anymore since it objectifies them as objects to look at?

Anyone going to bite the bullet and buy access to the paper to screengrab it so we can tear it apart?

Cute!
Shame about the hairdye.

>france found the boobie bar

Nice proxy pine tree island. Also, women are supposed to be in a kitchen. To be honest, I think they should do both roles in the restaurant industry. I don't know why men do this to themselves.

Correlation doesn't equal causation. These places are the lowest tier of full service restaurants. These servers are at the bottom of the ladder for servers. Either they're just starting out, or they have issues that are severe enough to act as an effective bar to better respected and more lucrative serving positions.

Why would the researchers use an online opt in survey?

They can't properly sample hooter employees?

> when women do manage to make it into a profession that's male-dominated, they are paid less for the same work.

No, they aren't

why does op make these threads all the time?

He's obviously LARPing. I suspect he just wants to dump his creepshot webbums.

Not just a leaf thing

TL;DR: Attention drives a woman crazy

So I now have an excuse to demand thots to stop dressing like sluts? Good to know.

Yeah but asians don't have souls so that's how they can deal with it

>No, they aren't

>Female computer programmers make 72 cents for every dollar earned by male programmers
siliconbeat.com/2016/03/23/gender-wage-gap-tech-professions/
If you ever have a daughter, this is what she'll have to deal with.

>(((STUDY)))

Fuck off with this dumb roastie "science." Sage

>Cosmopolitan
Sources familiar with my thinking believe Cosmo is for stupid, traitorous, communist cunts.

omg go work at a fucking library then, cunts.

you have to be mentally ill in the first place to work for such a degenerate place

Yet another Thing Hurts Women Hardest story.

Honest question.

Why don't you ever post source of all your webms? You've made 500+ threads where you pretend, poorly, to be a SJW while posting all the webms.

Post source.

there's being paid for an amount of work done and there's being paid for an amount of hours at the workplace. And in my experience women always get paid way more for the actual amount of work getting done.

Re: the old man in Toronto
There was a stupid leaf cunt who led the way on kikebird, tweeting all of her problems with the construction of the stairs and making a mockery of the guy hiring a homeless man to help him complete the project.
That overworked keyholder in your pic related has (((teen))) legs. That's nigger basketballers and wide recievers have the ankle problems.

Well obviously, the work is quite degrading. It's almost like this "suffering in mental health from breastaurant" good be extended to the collective mental health of women in Western society.
Might have something to do with feminism and the sexual revolution, but who knows right?
>female happiness keeps declining
>medical prescriptions for women keeps rising
>less married women

I guess, we'll never know what happened.

creepers like you, OP?

you wouldn't have these creepshots saved if you believed your opinion, you are a good larper.

Personally I wouldn't want my daughter doing this type of stuff.

I find it tacky, and honestly look down on women who do it.

Women dressing like prostitutes in public: muh body, muh choyce!
Women dressing like prostitutes at work: exploytashun!!

>omg go work at a fucking library

A lot of women work in these places because they don't have other opportunities. They're attractive so they utilize their looks because it's one of the few advantages they have in this male dominated society.

Also, am I the only one who finds it disturbing that this father took his young son to this Hooters?

He's basically teaching his son to be among the next generation of female body objectifying males.

This has been proven to be horseshit, and any White person with a White job knows it anyway. Women take more time off. That's it.
Women are also responsible for creating more workplace problems than anyone else. Example: HR, the least important department at any respectable company, is full of dense, vapid cunts who hire every nigger that can be bothered to go through the hiring process.

human beans aren't relevant, OP.

This, it's ok when nonwhite people do it :^)

>Also, am I the only one who finds it disturbing that this father took his young son to this Hooters?

Nope, because he's not fucking them in front of his son. He's taking them out to eat around beautiful women

>He's basically teaching his son to be among the next generation of female body objectifying males.

Men have always objectified women. We always will, too. What's wrong with that?

>"hooters makes wymmn sad :("
oh boo hoo won't someone think of the women

do these retards know that coal miners get lung cancer and loggers lose their fucking limbs?

>"be open with your body"
>prostitution/public indecency should be legal"
>"sex is just sex"
*get what you wanted*
>"uhh wow cant believe you guys objectify women so degrading what could be the cause of this tragedy??"

>Also, am I the only one who finds it disturbing that this father took his young son to this Hooters?
Last time I ran into a guy like you IRL life I had to backhand in front of his friends because he couldn't handle a shot and two pints of hipster hops. He tried to drag the bartender into his pro-SJW politics-at-the-bar nonsense. She wasn't having it and slapped him when she tried to grab her wrist. The slap from me was to encourage his group of male cunts to overtip and get the fuck out.
Hope we can meet sometime.
Oh, your pic related? They have to go back. MAGA, bitch,

Very nice pic user. Where is that?

Look at the niggers celebrating someone's graduation from nigger nail college.

>GEEK LOOK
>Looked like a decent human being

This is a picture of a Hooters that's being built. Notice the sleazy supervisor as he poses with girls on each arm as if saying "Look at MY girls", implying that he owns them.

Also, notice the lazy unionized white male construction worker lounging around in that chair in the background. He probably makes $45 an hour and won't have to put up with any of the crap those women will have to endure once the place is open.

This entire study is suspect because correlation doesn't imply causation. How do we know that "broken" women with various forms of neurosis and/or other mental health issues aren't drawn to these type of jobs instead of assuming the jobs themselves caused them?

women are already mentally ill by nature

they supply jobs to people who want to work them
and they supply a service that people want to have
no one is forcing these women to work here
also the kind of people who would work at a trashy place like hooters is some one who would probably already have mental health issues.
7/10 bait got me to reply

Why are the homos so terrified of hooters...?

>"Ashley is a bimbo with huge honking titties, so she started working at Hooters"
>"HOW IS WORK AT HOOTERS, ASHLEY?"
>"S'alright"
>"Poor Ashley..."

Yeah, she sounded really fucking broke up about it.