Does Canada have any culture unique from the United States?

Does Canada have any culture unique from the United States?
Québec is off the table.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=12lCfrsYIfc
youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kJ-4-hbg0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Canada
youtube.com/watch?v=AIZgw09CG9E
youtube.com/watch?v=9rSBmOgpcDE
youtube.com/watch?v=SwjFc4l49Ps
youtube.com/watch?v=K0DC4oGph-g
youtube.com/watch?v=2pH989V5f-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Of course

>Does Canada have unique culture
>Btw you can't use their unique culture in your argument

We dont have niggers

Quebec is a small minority unique from the rest ofcanada

>23% of Canada's population
>small minority

The meme is that Americans are so ignorant of their neighbors that if you took away tacos the Americans would think both Mexico and Canada had no culture because they are too stupid to learn of any culture that isn't black cock worship sports or electing reality stars to the presidency

Really made me fucking think

Yes, it is not immediately apparent, but it's very real.

Just look at the names of the streets and such. We are coming from a British background while the US are more removed from that.

Now days all nations look increasingly similar -- we have the same language and history that is similar in *some* ways, but also differs quite a bit. Our west was settled in a much more organized way than the American west -- with law and order established before settlement.

Canada is 'multicultural'... but the US has been much more mixed ethnically until recently. Canada has a very white anglo background.

An almost total lack of blacks in Canada til the 70's creates a hugely different set of attitudes on race.

In some ways Canada has worked and run very smoothly, so we have become complacent in trusting elites and government to look out for our interests -- Americans have a natural distrust of government which serves them well in these times.

America is a very dynamic place, always pushing forward, Canadians for better or worse are a bit more content with life as it exists and don't have that aggressive ambition.

We also have milk in bags (though I prefer cartons)

The US is 17% latino

Canada culture is obsession over the United States.
They spend all their time waiting for literally anything to happen so they can jump in and either
>as a Canadian ...
>here in Canada we...
>wow US is so backwards thank god I live in Canada
>[criticism of US as if was a citizen] btw im Canadian
Meanwhile the US does not give a flying shit or a fuck about in return.
Everybody worth something in Canada eventually moves to US

They have Kraft Dinner.

Yes, Canada has culture unlike the US.

Hockey, better beer, Better weed and manners.

I have Canadian friends and they legit think immigrants are needed because whites in Canada know they can get more money being on government assistance and refuse to work. Sad state of affairs up there, senpai.

Cuckoldry

>Wild life
>Native folklore
>local attractions
>Massive forests
>WW1 achievements
>Brag about being "peacekeepers"
>Mr.Niceguy
>Mr.Nicegoym
>Dumb ass leaders
>Little quirks like milk in bags
>Farmlands
>The little retarded child everyone loves
>The sextuplets Canada made famous
>Americas little helper

Just to name some

Quebec is a very nice province with nice people
Fuck Montreal and its suburbs tho

So is New Foundland, but no one ever remembers them.

I see Canada as a colder US.

Each province has its own culture. As do most states in the USA.
Drove long haul semi for 13 years. Didnt really get to see in depth but I got a nice glimps of each country as a whole.

>Does Canada have any culture unique from the United States?
The entirety of Atlantic Canada has a culture you really can't find anywhere else.

It's a unique place, but pretty small and isolated.

It's only 500-600 thousand people

Our prime minister seems to be attempting to attend every faggot pride parade in every major city. Not sure how many other countries can be so ashamed.

The Maritimes are more similar to parts of New England than the rest of Canada in some ways.

Halifax looks more like a mini Boston than a mini Toronto or Vancouver

Nope not at all. Their dialect isn't even distinguishable.
The United States and Canada form a single cultural continuum

Are you sure.

>Nope not at all. Their dialect isn't even distinguishable.
Ahem.
youtube.com/watch?v=12lCfrsYIfc

suce moi ma culture est superieur fourre ton Hollywood de juif dans ton cul contrairement au reste du Canada ici on a nos propre film

Yes, of course.
What happens to a lot of Americans who come here to live is that they think it will be just like the USA, and after a few months they start undergoing a creeping culture shock.
It isn't like moving to France or China or Liberia, where you're expecting a different culture and are prepared for change. Americans seem not to be prepared for things to be much different, and the cumulative effect of the differences is what takes a toll after a while.

Values are different.
Attitudes are different.
Politics are different.
Entertainment is different - although not so much considering a great deal of Hollywood is Canadian.
Relationship to the outdoors is different.
The focus of things like the news, sports, regular conversation; all different, sometimes subtly so.
Even things like packaging is done in two languages, so the overall aesthetic is different.

We're like brothers, similar but different. You'd be making a mistake to think there's nothing culturally unique about Canada.
American culture is very much centered around entertainment -- you might want to consider how different your culture would without the heavy involvement of Canadians in Hollywood. lol

Even the whole "nice and polite" thing is appropriated from the midwest

youtube.com/watch?v=Z0kJ-4-hbg0

Well for one we share mostly British culture along with a couple unique shit like hockey, lacrosse, tons of fucking wheat, maple syrup, insatiable desires for cutting lumber and fucking bitches and best of all shooting guns at furry animals and skinning said furry animals for profits and meat.
We also have an interesting but short history with shit like Louis Real the revolts that took place before the Confederation up until the PLQ shenanigans in the 70s (aka the last curtain call to Canada's globalization).
If teachers actually taught our history urban Canada wouldn't be so fucking nice to immigrants and disgusting Asians.

I would argue that cultural differences between Canada and America are as different as Individual states in America are.

The cultures are different but not THAT different

>I have Canadian friends and they legit think immigrants are needed because whites in Canada know they can get more money being on government assistance and refuse to work
They're probably stupid downtown Toronto faggots or Montrealers. White people don't get shit for government assistance, most of it goes to families from Asia, Africa and the Caribbean aka shitskins with 12 kids still living like they're still in the fucking Sahara hunting wild nigger and water buffalo.

just naw, bro.
don't pretend to know what you're talking about.

PS no one calls it "the Midwest" in Canada.

I fucking love Newfies, top tier doggos

You've never lived in the US, obviously.
Visiting isn't enough. You live there and you'll understand that the differences are maybe not obvious at first, but profound.

Does the US have any culture unique from Canada? faggot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Canada

Why are Canadians known to be soft and nice and shit
Why don't they get the American "holy fuck badass anglo country XDD" treatment. Canada is in every war the US is in

Of course we do Retard.
Pic related.

Canada essentially function as our 51st state. They watch mostly American TV and movies, listen to American artists, use American inventions, and their safety is guaranteed by our military. They're basically an extended version of Minnesota.

>they watch mostly American TV and movies, listen to American artists, use American inventions
So like the entire Western world? I suppose they are American too?
>their safety is guaranteed by our military
Again so is a lot of the West even fucking Japan and Korea are "protected" by the US.
By all means though please stop so we can fucking get on with our shit and kick Justine out of Parliament Hill.

Care to go more in-depth? I'm curious.

That's mostly people from the outside who think Canada's a polite place.
50% of Canada are unironically rural rednecks, and our police get away with curbstomping or running over people all the time without any media fuss.

American is closer to Mexico both culturally and demographically then to Canada

Newfoundland is an exception. What that Patrick from Newfoundland sounds like has nothing to do with what Robert from Regina sounds like.
This would be like me using those that one crab fishing island off the coast of Virginia and claim that Americans speak an unintellegible dialect of english. youtube.com/watch?v=AIZgw09CG9E

>Nope not at all. Their dialect isn't even distinguishable.
>The United States and Canada form a single cultural continuum
This tells us a lot about you, and nothing about the subject.
There are different dialects in Canada, but in general the Canadian accent, with a couple of exceptions (out and about), is very much like the California accent. That's one reason so many Canadians work in Hollywood.

Ryan Gosling
Alex Trebeck
Jim Carrey
Michael Cera
Hayden Christensen
Racjael McAdams
Michael J Fox
Kim Catrall
Norm MacDonald
Martin Short
Ryan Reynolds
Kiefer Sutherland
Keanu Reeves
Matthew Perry
Dan Ackroyd
James Cameron
Pam Anderson
Seth Rogen
William Shatner
Will Arnett
Mike Myers
Martin Short
Anita Sarkeesian (sorry)

Cape Breton is its own world

and unfortunately some latinos are american.

Acadie cultur, which is different from faggot Quebecois.

>Newfoundland is an exception. What that Patrick from Newfoundland sounds like has nothing to do with what Robert from Regina sounds like.
Here's an actual rural Ontarian accent (it's a comedy skit but it's the actual accent).
youtube.com/watch?v=9rSBmOgpcDE

Here's a Nova Scotian accent.
youtube.com/watch?v=SwjFc4l49Ps

Here's a PEI accent.
youtube.com/watch?v=K0DC4oGph-g

Canadian accents begin to become more Americanized the further West you go.

How does this negate what I said? Canada can have different dialects but its apart of the North American Dialectal Continuum along with America. So if you remove the border there is no difference between Canada and USA, any change is on a Gradient, not staircase

Behind every jew there is an American.

I could pull up some hick in the Bayou and try to say that Louisiana is culturally different than the United States.
Remove the border and there is no difference in Dialect.

>HEY JE DOIS PARK MON TRUCK A LA SUPERMARKET POUR BUY SOME BEER ET STORM CHIPS. OOK MERCI

Incorrect.
Eastern Canadian dialects are very Irish, Scottish and Welsh.

They only start to sound American when you go further West.

>Canada essentially function as our 51st state.
lol no

>They write, direct, and star in 40% of American TV and movies

>listen to American artists like Shania Twain, Drake, Michael Bublé, Sarah McLachlan, Alessia Cara, Celine Dion, Carly Rae Jepsen, Bieber, The Weeknd, whoever.

>use American inventions
thanks

>and their safety is guaranteed by our military.
thanks again

>They're basically an extended version of Minnesota.
no thanks

People like you are why eugenics is the only hope for the future. I couldn't fathom being such an absolute imbecile.

Even the 'aboot' thing is really only Ontario.

The Maritimes have accents but totally different..

There is a VERY hard shift in accent between Western New York and Ontario.

It literally changes radically right at the border.

Cape Breton accent
youtube.com/watch?v=2pH989V5f-o

Western canada's culture is: were not america btw xd free healthcare btw, look here we have poutine our national meal! And also were like super nice, not like america!

do you guys not realise that anglo canada and the usa share the same culture
how many canadian singers, actors, comedians, etc etc there are in new york and hollywood.
you both watch and listen the same things

Canada, just like the United states, has various different cultural areas. The most populated province, Ontario, is the most Americanized, giving off the impression that Canada has no culture. However, there are various other cultures; Nunavut has Eskimo culture, the Maritimes have maritime culture, Quebec has french culture, the mid west has cowboy culture (there are subtle differences between the united states' version of this) and the mix of American and Asian cultures in British Columbia.

TL:DR : Yes Canada has culture.

Get those frogs out of my maritimes.
Treaty of Ultretch best day of my life.

Alberta's cowboy culture is really great.

'hot' Cape Breton singles? I'd love to see some photos of THAT

Nope. Canadian """culture""" is "we're identical to the USA except we're not the USA", though they really aren't identical to the USA, they're a garbage version of all they have good with a double-down on all they have bad.

Newfie here!
Our culture is really Irish/British, and the people are of that decent.
However, Fuckdeau and his handlers want our perfect little place to be a victim of the "multicult"... I see more and more mudslimes and their litter of children everyday... wtf.
Bomb us please... don't let us suffer.

To be fair the eastern US is more cultured too.

It's just that the eastern part of the continent is older and more established than the west.

I'm canadian and I agree with your sentiment somewhat, but it's more akin to comparing two states beside each other. There's little difference between states side-by-side (for the most part, except when considering very large states like cali), but compare two people from texas and new york? World's apart. Really I think all of Canada is very similar to new yorkers or new englanders or something akin to that. That's not representative of all of america though, not even close.

Most indeededly so. Most of the X-files episodes were filmed in Canada. So, yeah. You got that going for you. That and Jim Carrey and Pamela Anderson. Oh, and Stefan Molyneaux.

That's because it's filled with Newfies

Newfoundland's the only part of Canada where you hear regular stories of the locals being racist towards, and even being violent against mudslimes.

Halifax is a beautiful place please don't let it become another muslim enclave. I know you're french and all but don't take islamic Paris as a role model.

Haha funny because it's true.
We stare at them because it's so fucking alien. They wear winter coats during the summer for fuck sakes!

Pardonner mon mauvais français. Mais je pense que j'ai te dit que je n'ai posé pas de Québec

Fellow Newfie here. Whatayat b'y

We're basically the US but more white.

"we"

check that flag bucko

>Halifax
>newfoundland
Halifax is Nova Scotian

>Newfoundland
>French
Newfoundland is almost entirely Irish-British.

The very few mudslime rapefugees that come to Newfoundland leave within months because the weather's so foreign to them and the people are really unwelcoming.
That's what those niggers get for coming to a 99% white, extremely Christian island desu.

Further West than Quebec? thats like the vast majority of Anglo Canadian population

have you been to a major canadian city in the past 10 years

Pout-

fuck

Ketchup chips and milked bags i guess

Western Canada, much like Western America doesn't have a rich culture. Western Canada, like Western America was a culture of pioneers. This is why almost all of the culture that comes from these places is entirely within the last century and a half, compared to Eastern Canada and Eastern America which have nearly years of culture.

nearly 500 years*

Hey, I just know Ellen Page is from there and I want to fuck her. Even though she is a dyke. But... but.. but my dick thinks otherwise... Happy now?

It's not like Aussie or Kiwi culture which is just an extension of Anglo-culture. I have no idea what it is?

Alright I agree that Quebec and the Maritimes have distinct culture, but they are hardly representive of Canada.
Yeah I definatley agree that 13 colonies and the Maritimes have the most culture, as someone from South Carolina.

FPBP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Alright I agree that Quebec and the Maritimes have distinct culture, but they are hardly representive of Canada.
They are representative of Canada, though. Most of the cliched, cartoony Canadian culture tropes you see all over media are exaggerated versions of Quebec, Maritimes, and Newfoundland culture, not Ontarian/Prairie/Territory culture.

So you don't have an answer, then?

Can confirm, am Acadian

if you go outside of southern ontario yes.

i went camping with some friends in northern ontario and up until then i thought the whole "canadian accent" and "aboot" thing was just a meme.

Beard, plaid shirts, boots, lumberjacks, maple syrup, beavers, moose... it all makes more sense if you fuck outta toronto and ottawa

But Ontario/Prairie are the majority

get oot. I have canadian buddies. They speak like that and I think it's lovable.

an economy that isn't falling apart

Unironic shitposting and unabashed faggotry

Dis is it, brudda!
Trying twist for 12 on these fucking Canadians... "please fucking try again".