>college is a waste of mon-

Do right wing retards only say this because they weren't smart enough to get in?

>Tfw doing Masters in Philosophy and Politics
>Tfw never gonna earn more than £8p/h

College is filled with absolute retards.

This. This is true.

That is because corporations and the job market discriminate based on degree. So what is their expect besides the less educated being less employed and paid less? What would be better for society is if corporations wanted people to have a certain skillset, they should train people for that skillset. Even alot of jobs that today people associate with college education like lawyers, doctors and computer programmers were once done largely through apprenticing. What they do in my company and union, is you can apply for other crafts and be promoted up. You start off entry level, then apply for a higher position. You are invited to the next testing date for that position and if you pass, you get put in the queue to go to school to learn your new craft based on your seniority and age. When you are called up and attend class, you get a raise consummate with the pay grade of the new craft. Under the college system you have to study for 4 years or more and there is not gurantee you will even find a related job, find any job or be paid more.

Under the current system society is burdened and everyone is competing with each other while scumbag corporations sit pretty.

I'm going to give you all a little tip for the future, one Sup Forumsack to another.

Never hire anyone with a degree from a Swedish university.

>Go to college
>Get in $100k in debt just so you can get a worthless degree and make $127 more a week than someone with just a high school diploma

College is a waste of time and money for most people.

9 grades of education master race here

I have a feeling the stats are misleading for having a degree and being misused similar to how feminists always harp about a gender wage gap. I am pretty sure there is almost no job that is easily attainable where you can legally pay one gender more for the same work as another. So feminists ignore that most males are not exactly captains of industry, CEOs, executives, large stockholders and use the true fact that more men do dominate those fields to tar the working man by averaging out male pay instead of looking at the median that is actually attainable for most males.

A large number of courses are a waste of money and some of the information is not true as well as many other issues with universities but college overall is not a waste of money.

(OP)
>Do right wing retards only say this because they weren't smart enough to get in?
* Those aggregates are insanely broad.
* It reflects merely possession of the degree, not whether it is actually applied in their employment.
* It likely excludes the unemployed.
* And, the by most damning: do some calculations based on interest rates for student loans at the lower degree levels and tell me at what age that person had broken even in their education and can begin to save for retirement.

>an extra $127 per week
>$508 per month
>$6,096 per year
>$60,960 per decade
>$243,840 life time (assuming you work 40 years)
That's ignoring that you tend to have a less physically demanding job, you have better employment prospects in more areas of the country, better job security, better ability to change fields/careers, and employer provided benefits.

$100,000 is absurd. Of course it's not worth it if that's how much you have in loans (and you're not going into law or medicine). But the average student loan debt is $25,550 for undergraduates and $32,300 for graduates. That's lower than the average cost of a new car ($33,560).

Perhaps you're skeptical of college because you're an imbecile who can't make rational, informed decisions.

>not knowing the difference between median and average
Neck yourself, tripfag.

>But the average student loan debt is $25,550 for undergraduates and $32,300 for graduates.

hahahahahaha

I am a 10th grade dropout, went into the military for 3 years, got GED, 20 yeas later I own my own company, 18 employees, and I am currently building an 8,000 square foot house, and I drive a Mercedes. I paid more in taxes last year than most of you made last year.

The school of common sense, hard knocks, and good work ethic is 10X better than getting a BS in BS from a BS university. The debt will destroy you if you are borrowing money to pay for a worthless major.

Half of you fuckers in college are there because your parents cant stand you anyway and wanted to get your lazy fucking asses out of the house so they can have their lives back. Most of you will never amount to anything because you think the world owes you something and because Liberals and Jews want you to fail.... And fail you will because you are fucking lazy.

Oh and you SJW's dont apply for a job because there are now services that investigate your past activism and people like me WILL NOT HIRE YOU if you are out the bitching about whites, privilege, etc. Do you think we want you preaching your bullshit in our workplace? No, the only job you will get is a shit government one.

Enjoy your futures lads, the Liberals have placed a million landmines in the road with your name on them and your lack of personal quality will cause you to trip on them every step of the way.

Only working class poor-fags tell themselves that college is a waste of money, because it actually is to them. They won't get into a well respected school and they won't perform above average so they will just get stuck with student loans and the same outlook on the market as they did before.
A very large chunk of the people on here are absolute plebians.

is $68 000 dollars per month considered much in burgerland? I pay more in taxes derp.

whoooops that's a zero too many. sure wish I had gone to this university. that's what you get for not going to this university thing.

His numbers seems to be a bit old (2012) and not exactly what he's presenting them as:

>Average for all graduating seniors with student loans
>Private nonprofit colleges, average debt was
$32,300

But they don't seem totally off though (2016):

>70% graduate with student loan
>For those, average debt $37,172

There are obviously useful degrees, those that unlock a good career and there are less-useful careers, women studies comes to mind.

I personally think that there is action to remove whites from academia, because many academia jobs are more influential and give power in society: affirmative action, quotas, ridiculous costs (with a free ride for minorities) and now this "college is a waste of money" meme.

I don't think it is in the interest of Europeans to be less in academia.

why desu?

Correlation is not causation. If you were to control for IQ, family socio-economic status, industriousness, gender and race, the differences would be a lot smaller.

THen once you account for student debt, and differentiate between different disciplines, the picure is completely different.

Also, the data is "for 25 year olds and older", which accounts for 50 year olds who went to college back when it was a lot rarer and a reliable way of getting to the middle class.

Back then college and uni were not for profit scams, nor, filled with SJWs nor being extracted by a bloated administrative class.

>got GED,
Did this have any point to it? High school seems like a waste of time. A bit like the ten years prior to it.

University today is retarded. You can't compare different generations as if they were the same. In the past few people went to college so those who did were professionals such as doctors and engineers and earned a lot while those who didn't earned less but had a good income anyway.
Nowadays everyone goes to college even though IQ is decreasing, so more than half of college kids are retards with a useless degree. A smart kid with no degree will create a business and make it rich while a black wyman who made it to college because of affirmative action and graduated with a degree in urban colored studies will fail at life no matter what.

No youre just a degenerate fucktard who would rather learn a non skilled career to where your bitch ass is replaceable..i.e. college.

I make more money with my hands than you dildos make with your brain. Yet, you see my people on an elevator and you stick your nose up like youre better...as my people (tradesman) habe more dignity, discipline, and less debt than a faggot who would rather sit in a chair for four years and be given a degree on something they dont understand.

I went to college..got my degree and jumped into a skilled trade...college was a fucking waste. Lem lemme wait until i find the job i went to school for and let life just shit all over me..and then complain about why i have an assload of debt...and then complain that college should be free. Neck yourself