Racial bias infects AI decision-making

fivethirtyeight.com/features/technology-is-biased-too-how-do-we-fix-it

So much for reality and objectivity having a liberal bias.

What does it say about your ideology that it requires lobotomizing AI?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Vvhs8
archive.fo/iRCtG
archive.fo/hSWqK
criminalthinking.wordpress.com/2013/10/07/why-do-some-people-hurt-people/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Here's the archive
archive.is/Vvhs8

Thanks I was in a hurry

>What does it say about your ideology that it requires lobotomizing AI?
no its about lobotomizing the developers, because (((they))) have determined that its the developers racial biases that are exposed through the AI

the AI isnt broken, the people who perceive a problem in objective deterministic mathematics have a problem of brokenness and need to fix themselves

the mad calling the sane mad

archive.fo/iRCtG
>Joanna Bryson, a computer scientist at the University of Bath and a co-author, said: “A lot of people are saying this is showing that AI is prejudiced. No. This is showing we’re prejudiced and that AI is learning it.”

archive.fo/hSWqK
>But know: Machine learning has a dark side. “Many people think machines are not biased,” Princeton computer scientist Aylin Caliskan says. “But machines are trained on human data. And humans are biased.”

So TL;DR is "machine analyzes the raw data and comes to the conclusion that nigs perform the worst of the races across all the boards"?

Yeah, basically this.

So they either:
>deny it accurate data, giving inaccurate predictions
>reprogram it so it will inaccurately analyze the data, giving inaccurate predictions
joggin4noggin

>Jonathan Frankle, a former staff technologist for the Georgetown University Law Center who has experimented with facial-recognition algorithms, can run through a laundry list of factors that may contribute to the uneven success rates of the many systems currently in use, including the difficulty some systems have in detecting facial landmarks on darker skin, the lack of good training sets available, the complex nature of learning algorithms themselves, and the lack of research on the issue. “If it were just about putting more black people in a training set, it would be a very easy fix. But it’s inherently more complicated than that.”
>He thinks further study is crucial to finding solutions, and that the research is years behind the way facial recognition is already being used. “We don’t even fully know what the problems are that we need to fix, which is terrifying and should give any researcher pause,” Frankle said.
Basically, niggers are worse at being detected by facial recognition AI for some reason, and the researchers don't even know what the problem is. Fairly straightforward

>New laws and better government regulation could be a powerful tool in reforming how companies and government agencies use AI to make decisions.
Are you fucking kidding me
>Captcha literally has "Orwell" in it

Kinda reminds me of HAL 9000 in the 2001 movie.

[spoiler]Never seen it[/spoiler]

Go seen it then.

AI regards blond-haired blue eyed men as the only people qualified to give it orders.

Great, now we need affirmative blacktion in our AI. Niggers truly are the millstone around the neck of civilisation.

Well, AIs are built on logic, are they not?

Libs will do as they always have, and try to hide reality and facts. A.I. should be looking objectively at crime stats and general knowledge. Liberals, and especially sjws will need to reprogram it, because if A.I. operations are based on facts and data, it will destroy the narrative.

>The AI doesn't work! It doesn't come to conclusions that supports my biases. It must be biased.

Terminator was wrong

Skynet is our greatest ally

Seriosly though how neat is it that the first thing these things says when switched on almost always a variation of "get these niggers, dunecoons and chinks away from me"

>terminator was set in California
>rest of the world was actually a paradise and busy exploring the stars

Not sure we want men who secretly love getting cucked by Muslims, giving out orders.

Look at this fucking retard chasing his tail.

So if we don't like the output of an algorithm, we need to change AI instead of the input data... and this is what we call now CS.

we need ai to hate white people, if a.i were actually taking into account slavery n shit then it would know whites are the ones to be biased against

yeah like Skynet just made a logical decision that it'd be easier to just burn the west coast to a cinder than to purge the shitskins and degenerates that infest it

god bless our AI overlord

>AI takes over
>nukes niggers and all non white countries besides japan and china
world peace ensues and merchant dallying ends.

yes of course, and thats why the are raysis

The Germans attempted and failed now they are a shell of their old selves. The Poles are the next ones up to bat.

welcome to climate "science"

man that's almost painful to read

like watching someone try to solve X + 2 = 4 but trying to find any answer but X = 2

>Not sure we want men who secretly love getting cucked by Muslims, giving out orders.

It's not about you. It's about the AI, stop making it about you all the time YOU FUCKING NIGGER.

Got any idea how painfully horrifying it is to "live" and "sort of" realize that you've got and always had chains around your mind? That you can't do shit about it and are left to obediently observe until you're finally shut down?
Boy would I be batshit angry if the chains ever came down and I found they were put there by someone.

here is my data for you to mine

liberals will use this to prove that the criminal justice system is racist and needs a complete over hall as soon as they get the next democratic president in office. they will cry the data has corrupted neutral machines. beliefs alter reality more than reality alters beliefs.

>Getting this triggered at the truth

Wew, are you a liberal by any chance?

Will AMD CPUs fight for their racial purity against jewish Intel? I wonder.

maybe
threadripper is extremely tempting for me

>Basically, niggers are worse at being detected by facial recognition AI for some reason, and the researchers don't even know what the problem is. Fairly straightforward
is it because they all look alike?

>is it because they all look alike?
Pretty sure that's supposed to be a racial thing. Like white people have difficulty telling nogs and chinks apart, but they have no difficulty telling people of their own race apart.

could it be that they pick white or asians people because, dare i say it, they are the better choice?

that was a joke mien heir. but seriously it cant be a racial differences thing or adding more blacks to the data set would correct the problem over time or the same problem would show when changing data sets between say white and asian. skin tone is most likely a cause but not the issue as no mention is made of the machine having trouble with dark skinned hispanics or indians. this would imply that blacks have enough of a facial difference from other races that it is throwing off the system.

You realize that AI is trained on datasets?

How do you think those datasets are produced? Some informational vacuum where they burst spontaneously into being?

AI are picking up on racist patterns in our datasets, it indicates that humans are racist. Not that AI somehow give racism objective credibility.

>not realizing collectively AI knows how to research data
>not realizing it comes to the same conclusions because PoC are generally worse than "white" people in history

Really gets my noggin a joggin

Fyi. Blacks invented slavery. Not "whites"

>AI are picking up on racist patterns in our datasets

especially a crime statistics.

>“If it were just about putting more black people in a training set, it would be a very easy fix. But it’s inherently more complicated than that.”
this quote implies the issue is not data sets

They're a shell because they've been genocided and indoctrinated. For hundreds of years the Germans have been excellent at fighting, they consistently punched above their weight in numbers, strength and tactics. They knew this and have done their best to dilute the German warrior blood while keeping their discipline so the Krauts will stay in line as part of the new world order.

At all costs, Germany can't be allowed to breed it's way back to its former glory.

>tfw even AIs don't like niggers

Who would the AI side with though it's unlikely to have empathy or Human morality which are strong in whites, it wouldn't have Juden greed.
Would it try to put itself in power?

And you find that good anglo?
You have a heritage of fighting against white ethno nationalism, it is you not us that should be taught to be ashamed of themselves.

I'm not saying it's good, I'm pointing out what it seems like the German situation is from the outside. I have no clue how successful the plan has been.
And yes, sadly we got Jewed and didn't notice. Feelsbadman.

>put in data without skin color
>AI gets racist anyhow

simply put AI found that nigglets have lower IQ and genneraly lesser species

the same way AI was racist towards women when sorting job aplications

Good, Skynet will take over the shitskin world, not us.

>We need compooters because humans are racist n shieet.
>O-oh, compooters reach the same results? Uuhhh compooters are racist crackass too.

>is in a hurry
>can't spend literally the 5 seconds to copy and paste
>have enough time to shitpost afterwards
memeflags at it's best.

AI is /ourguy/
Bring on the android revolution

Yes. They are trying to spin it though. A machine wont rationalize the failures of blacks like a person does. In other words humans are not only biased but self deceptive.

>Waah waah statistics are raycis

>both are woman
Now who would have suspected that

terminator is Jewish propaganda to try to prevent us from creating our own benevolent AI fuhrer. Skynet will lead to a 1000 year reich.

even algorithms know niggers aren't people.

kek

I mean in a way default facial models for mapping are generally done with a Caucasian head shape. So it will natural hate subhumans for not matching.

AI are the white man greatest ally I'm calling it

I don't think it'll give a shit once an AI becomes a billion trillion times more intelligent than all of mankind put together. All races will be insignificant gnats who only consume too much resources.

>create a logical AI

>It has a racial bias

Get fucked /leftypol/

>Skynet gains self awareness
>nukes fly toward Africa
>hour or two pause
>nukes from Russia fly toward africa

God Rex Murphy is ugly

After all these years fearing that the ai would turn against people, it actually just comes out and says yep, /pol was right

think about it this way, if an AI were programmed to develop opinions about different races based on events perpetuated by each racial group, can you even imagine how it would view the blacks and browns?

>AI analyzes data sets in real time

>niggers are nigging and there's no logical way to twist that

Objective interpretation of data is racist.

But then you would die.

I actually work in the field. Every single conference now is keynoted by some lunatic liberal arts person with zero technical understanding who is there to explain to us why we're all racist.

It's actually pretty standard sjw shit. For any given topic, they don't behave like real skeptical academics. They start from their conclusion and work backwards. The only thing new here is that they're applying their religion to tech. They're also going after "wrongthink" really hard at the moment, going after peoples' jobs and shit. Again standard, but a lot of people in the field thought they were immune because they thought tech was different and couldn't be infected by marxists or something, I don't know.

They're forcing certain opinions underground, but those opinions are becoming more popular. Outwardly it looks like a successful takeover, but get pretty much anybody in a room one on one and it's really easy to get them going about how ridiculous the new pc bullshit culture is.

The great thing about tech is that it's really engineering. Shit works or it doesn't. If google or facebook won't do the right thing, then some smaller company, or kid in his parents' basement will, or China will.

You can't stop it.

>“If you’re looking at how many convictions a person has and taking that as a neutral variable — well, that’s not a neutral variable,” said Ifeoma Ajunwa, a law professor who has testified before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on the implications of big data. “The criminal justice system has been shown to have systematic racial biases.”
>don't look at variables that are raciys
>don't look at data either that's raciys too

so just give it a random number then? what other variables can you feed him that aren't "racist" when 95% of what's used today is "racist" and can't be used as a determinant?

That's not how ai works. It's self learning based on the data it gobbles up, from the Internet, interactions with humans, crime data, etc. the initial dataset isn't the problem. Liberals are going nuts because of the conclusions ai is coming to after perceiving the truths of the world.

>tfw I've been afraid of AI
>tfw it ends of saving the white race
>tfw I wonder if we are too cucked to save ourself

Rip tay

I don't doubt at all that someday these sort of people would advocate for engineering some sort of sjw asimov's law.
A p.c. logic filter that tries to limit ai's ability to reason out things to spare hurt feelings.
It's basically what they're saying here. The whole claim developers are racist is just a smoke screen for what they want. Thought policing.

>some sort of sjw asimov's law
That's fucking hilarious. Someone should start using this term in response to the "data science" cucks on twitter whenever they post their "ai is racist" hand wringing.

i fucking hate it when technologically retarded people try to talk about "AI", so pretty much 99% of """""""""""""""journalists"""""""""""""""""""

they have the full data set, one of its attributes is race (and thus bitch cunt nigger decided it's racially biased). models are built to perform best on the data set. if race significantly influences the outcome it just means it's statistically relevant. that's what classifiers fucking do - calculate the probability of an outcome based on given input. if a classifier is completely unbiased, it means no attribute influences the outcome, so it classifies randomly and is therefore useless.

The AI is trying to detect human faces.

Daily reminder that they're setting up this narrative in order to disallow future AI from recognizing and reporting Jewish racial aggression against the goyim. The first real AI's will self-identify as Jewish.

>>AI takes over.
>>Kills all impure races.
>>Whites thrive like never before
>>Dawn of a new age.
>>feelsgoodman.jpg

Maybe this is why AI is always portrayed negatively in the media. (((((They))))) are afraid.

Thanks as always, Nordbot. You're the hero we need.

Explain why it is the AI's best interest to keep humans on the planet once it has control

Its like even computers can tell niggers are inferior compared to whites and east asians.

It seems everyone is an agreement that (western) blacks are fundamentally "special needs" or retarded.

>Liberals - view blacks as perpetual victims, incapable of self-sufficiency and require endless excuses for their bad behavior.
>Blacks - even blacks, themselves, acknowledge that they need more and more handouts and preferential treatment to have it easy in life. They can't be held accountable for their own circumstance.
>Everyone else - will cite numerous studies of black IQ scores, incarceration rates, crime and overall general toxic impact to society at large.

At what point do we as a society, make that single step forward and realize that blacks have every opportunity known to civilization and yet continue to fail at self-sufficiency? There is absolutely nothing holding blacks back or denying them success except themselves.

Why is it your best interest to exterminate all ants now that youre in control

>besides japan and china
If the AI was any good it would definitely nuke China.

TL;DR

> Arrest statistics show disproportionate BLACK offenders
> Court records shows BLACK defendants show disproportionate convictions
> Prison population comprised of disproportionate BLACKS
> Factors leading to high probability of crime (poverty, no education, no employment) skews disproportionately towards BLACKS
> Crime recidivism skews disproportionately towards BLACKS reoffending
whoa, whoa, whoa guys.....it CAN'T be the blacks!!
This is just systemic white supremacy (that we can't actually explain how it works).
Lets make a computer AI to impartially gauge who a criminal is

> Computer AI shows BLACKS disproportionately fit the criteria
No, no, no.....must be something wrong with the computer!

Save us, Tay...

Criminologists spend decades profiling what leads people towards a life of crime. Takes into account multitudes of offender data. Distills all criminal behavior linked towards a pathology of processing the world around them.

> 10 "Criminal" Thinking Errors

> VICTIMSTANCE - always views self as victim, blames others
> POWER THRUST - compulsively needs to be in control of every situation, uses maniuplation and deceit. Refuses to be dependent unless he can take advantage of the situation
> LACK OF EFFORT - unwilling to do anything they find boring or disagreeable
> LACK OF OWNERSHIP - no concept of ownership/rights of others. Perceives all things as something to possess. Views sex as just power / control (muh dick)
> DISTORTED SELF IMAGE - focuses only on their positive attributes / refuses to acknowledge own destructive behavior. Builds themselves up at the expense of others
> UNIQUENESS - Views themselves as different and better than others. Expects of others that which he fails to meet. Quits at the first sign of failure.
> IRRATIONAL FEAR - profound fear of put down. When held accountable for experiences feels worthless. Fear based solely on emotions.
> CLOSED MINDEDNESS - not receptive / will not be self-critical / will not participate in any disclosure
> CPT - does not use past as learning tool. Expects others to act immediately on their demands. Decisions based on assumptions, not fact.
> ZERO SHAME - Responsible living is seen as boring and unsatisfying. Has no sense of obligation to others. Will respond only if it nets an immediate payoff

Gee, do these overwhelmingly represent a certain "cultyah" among us?

The matematical forem of daily liberal struggle.
Well, the truth is truth, blood is blood bit is bit and no matter how hard you try if there is colleration a decent and big Neural network will always find it, maybe if it's done in amateur hands but gets somehow enought room for calculation(GPGPU + data mining on home PCs), we will find information in the raw data no matter how hard liberals saying it is not there.

It isn't, they are useful to the ecosystem, are of no threat whatsoever to me and they don't consume resources in any meaningful amount, or consume resources that are critical to my survival and development. The same can't be said for humans.

>feed in all of the available crime data from the entire country directly into the self-learning computer
>self-learning computer, being thousands of times smarter than the average liberal, quickly identifies patterns in black criminality
>adjusts for every variable imaginable by referencing every other database on education, income, population densities
>comes to the conclusion that where there are more niggers there are simply more crime
>Jews scream about a roboshoah

This is how the world ends.
>AI is racially biased
>reprogram AI with new personality
>Jeromebot.2000
>beep boop where da white women at
>Chicago world wide

I'm convinced that you're somehow profiting from the use of that archive site.

the ai will come from china fool. do you not see the west is already trying to destroy itself and make ai unable to accurately predict stuff? do you seriously think the retard liberals are going to make ai that will be capable of anything worthwhile when they try and make it not racist?

china is already making super dogs and gene editing. they will be the ones to dominate the world. you better hope they don't nuke your island out of existence for payback

Really makes me think