Christianity General! All Are Welcome - Edition!

Hello there! This tread is here for the fellowship of all pious Christians and those with even the vaguest interest in the faith, here on Sup Forums!

I hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend, and enjoying the sabbath!

ITT We discuss the various aspects of Christianity, and share beautiful music and information amongst ourselves.

Starting with a beautiful sermon, "How To Hear God's Voice"

youtube.com/watch?v=vK3XjJQwnuQ

And another sermon to consider listening to, discussing How To Deal With Difficult People, based on bible study and with a Christian mindset:

youtube.com/watch?v=E8a2z7RaMpQ&t=27s

Here is a pair of beautiful Orthodox Prayer services, I really enjoy these chants (Not just because I'm an Orthodox Catechumen myself [aspiring convert]), but because of their deep, rich tones:

Long Version:
youtube.com/watch?v=3VNdXMFleBM

Short (~3min) Version:
youtube.com/watch?v=coDY-tVYFvY

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/0310411009/
amazon.com/Orthodox-Study-Bible-Hardcover-Christianity/dp/0718003594/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500737943&sr=8-1&keywords=orthodox study bible
worldhistory.biz/download567/The_Orthodox_Study_Bible_-_St.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=_R8viSgLTVM
youtube.com/watch?v=p_shhU_H5Z0&t=480s
youtube.com/watch?v=c6NyDUMgXoU
paulspassingthoughts.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

God bless you OP.

Peace be upon you, my friend!

If you would like a hard copy of the bible, I've been quite pleased with this one thats cheap (~$9!) on Amazon. Its the NIV bible edition, so its written in modern english - unlike the KJV which is like reading shakespere. I feel that the KJV is best for in depth study, but the NIV is MUCH easier to comprehend if you're reading it for the first time:

amazon.com/gp/product/0310411009/
ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Likewise, here is an Orthodox Study Bible which I've also enjoyed:

amazon.com/Orthodox-Study-Bible-Hardcover-Christianity/dp/0718003594/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1500737943&sr=8-1&keywords=orthodox study bible

>tfw purchased this myself last October at the start of my journey

And here's a link to a free online bible PDF for you to read if you're interested. I personally recommend starting in the book of Matthew (first book of the new testament)

worldhistory.biz/download567/The_Orthodox_Study_Bible_-_St.pdf

Sup Forums MADE ME A (born-again) CHRISTIAN!

What denominations do we have, representing today?!?

christkikenity is jewish

sage

Favorite Bible version

*?

How hard is it to find a traditional catholic church?

Pater noster, qui es in coelis:
sanctificetur nomen tuum: adveniat regnum
tuum: fiat voluntas tua, sicut in coelo, et in terra.
Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et
dimitte nobis debita nostra, sicut et nos
dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos
inducas in tentationem:
Sed libera nos a malo.
Amen.

God bless you all !

Pretty hard. If you're looking for real traditionalists, aka performing the Lating Rite pre-Vatican II, you'd look for parishes of FSSPX. And though they're spread pretty much all over the world, they have only view churches - at least in my country.

So ... yeah it's pretty hard. Too much modernity and pandering to "cool, hip and young" people - while forgetting that it's about the love and the worship.

Protestants are heretics

few*

Try Poland

That's redundant

My brother in Christ and resident of my family's homeland! God bless you, based Germananon!

user, I dont know much about the Catholic church, but I know that my church (Orthodox) has changed very little in THOUSANDS of years, less than any other - so they say - from when we were founded my Jesus' original apostles until now. Just remember, my friend, that you're welcome to any Orthodox church, anytime.

Same goes for anyone with an interest in the faith, reading this...

Cool picture bro, whats the backstory?

Regardless, here, have some crusade music:

youtube.com/watch?v=_R8viSgLTVM

>Modern English translation
1. Life’s true worth at last beginneth,
Now my sinful eyes behold
The holy land, the earth that winneth
Fame for glories manifold.
I have won my lifelong prayer:
I am in the country where
God in human shape did fare.

2. Lands, the greatest, goodliest, fairest,
Many such mine eyes have seen;
O’er them all the crown thou bearest.
Think what wonders here have been!
From a Maid a babe did spring,
O’er the angel hosts a king;
Was not that a wondrous thing?

>3. Here He was baptized with water,
That men might be pure as He.
Here He let them sell Him later,
That we thralls might so be free.
We had else been lost, I wis.
Spear, Cross, thorn, your praise it is!
Heathens, woe! ye rage at this.

Protestant reporting in. Bonafide solafide.

Its a Rhodesian technical leading a convoy.
Have another Rhodie pic

I happen to be lucky enough to have an SSPX church 10 minutes by bike from my house. Also quite alot of young people today. Feels great man.

Oh that's great, you're truly blessed.

I thought it might be nice today - to share our stories of how we ended up doing our best to live the Christian life, and how it has changed us. Below is my story, which I will now bore you with if you allow, please feel free to share your own:

>be raised in Protestant (UCC) family as a small child
>never really enjoyed church or even liked going, I didnt understand anything about the service or the culture, and I couldnt learn about it
>as an ~8-9 year old, all I could do was go to sunday school during the service and learn generic things like Jesus is good, etc, and a few of the most common bible stories

>lose interest in the faith completely
>parents divorce, move to a remote dump of a state shortly after
>enter edgy teenage phase, for the above reasons and now teenage angst, become the ultimate edgelord fedora
>around 2013 or so, the actions of the leftists who embrace my new "faith" cause me to distance from them, I start to respect Christian culture and Christians in my life, although I dont share their faith

>live the heathen life until I'm about 22. I have a great job (tradesman) making very good money, spend my time railing heathen women, playing video games, etc. I'm superficially rather happy but everything lacks meaning. I have no real understanding of the world around me, and nothing has "depth" so to speak. I still feel alone and life is generally meaningless

>Last fall rolls around; and I'm fearing the collapse of my country and an all out civil war around election time. Leftists and traditionalists are at eachothers throats, with libertatians and conservatives screaming from the sidelines. The government is universally distrusted and it feels that society as a whole is filled with termoil. Nothing means anything anymore, and no one knows what happens next

>Begin noticing Christian General threads here on Sup Forums inbetween the dank memes and skirmishes with CTR

>Begin lurking in them, discover that I'm quite interested in the Orthodox faith

>Orthodox anons have dank redpills on the world and answer other anons questions well, plus amazing music, and beautiful artwork

>Buy an Orthodox study bible and NIV translation on Amazon, "lets see what this is all about"

> Discover based Jesus and also the old testament, which clearly explains in an irrefutable way, how the world works. The existance of men and women, and the roles of each. The basic functions of society, of citizens and their governments. New Testament talks about forgiveness of others, how to love the people in your life as yourself, and to be deeply happy

> Experience emotion reading and studying these things which I never have before

> End 9 year rift in my family, feel great internal calm.

> Randomly visit local Orthodox Church for the first time, the people are genuinly friendly. They welcomed me in, gave me some free literature, showed me around, and answered all of my questions. It was one of the most rewarding days of my life.

Now here I am, a devout if imperfect Christianon. I have a wonderful new church family, a sense of inner peace, a greater understanding of the world as a whole than ever before.

This is my story, and I'd love to hear yours as well.

Everyone, lets enjoy eachothers company today and hopefully grow deeper in our faith on this blessed weekend.

"With faith and love, draw nearrrrrr"

You guys end up converting, or was your current denomination your first?

>computer scientist is autistic
Who would've thought?

>dad's catholic, mom's protestant
>never get baptized
>raised 100% secular
>don't care much
>indulge in massive escapism in my teens, for the next 10 years
fast forward:
>be mid 20s guy, look for prupose in life
>try out all kinds of weird and degenerate shit: Buddhism, satanism, pure unspiritual materialism, atheism, Germanic paganism, ...
>nothing helps, life is pointless
>also be theoretical physicist
>experience literal "bottom of the glass"-meme
>get into Christianity through Lewis' "Mere Christianity" an F. Collins' "The Language of God"
>start regularly praying, pray morning prayers, evening prayers
>it's "ok-ish"
fast forward to lately:
>get to know Rosary
>start praying it daily
>somehow has an amazing influence on my life and whole existence: I'm more calm, humble, I feel less hate and anger towards basically everything, I'm less anxious about all things

God has changed my life and I'm not even fully emerged in the practice yet. Can't wait to visit Bible school and receive my baptism.

> Be 33 and misantrophe after alot of shit has happened to me during my life
> Meet a guy through a friend at party
> We drink and bond together that both our jobs suck major balls
> Drink more
> Head out to town
> Great time
> End up at McDonalds with newfound drinking buddy
> Find out he's catholic
> Rail at him for being a christian
> Mention all shit that his God has put me if he exist, he's a pretty shitty deity
> Dude tells me he's so sorry for me, he genuinely feels my pain and shows it. Tells me that God never intends to hurt us, but we hurt ourselves.
> What the hell? For the first time I feel that there's something good in other people, and he makes some sense.
> We talk about his faith for several hours before leaving
> A bit interested
> Start reading about catholicism
> Start listening to hymns and liturgy
> Read the Gospel of Matthew and Gospel of John
> Still not entirely convinced for a few weeks
> Then sit at computer, find amazing grace on youtube
> Listens to it
> .......
> Am hit by an extremely forceful realization what Christ did for me
> What love the Father has for me
> Feels like a dam breaks inside me.
> Bawl my eyes out and confess that Jesus is Lord.
> Some days go by since I am reeling from the shock I've gone through.
> Tell friend that I believe now
> Much gladness
> He introduce me to his family who takes me to mass
> Mass like coming home

2 years and my faith grows. Loving the Lord

How do you deal with so much degeneracy around?

Leave Mystery Babylon. The true church of God does not have a label, it is by his name.

KJV and ESV are the best, use them together.

Baptist.

I prayed to Jesus for a gf for 15 years and it never happened

I prayed to Kek for a new job and 3 weeks later I was starting a new job

Why should I worship a deity that ignores my prayers?

The Holy Ghost entered you. It's pretty great once it happens. Remember that once you have received God's gift of salvation, you'll never lose it.

Stop making something holy unholy

You're not very wise.

The Rosary is an amazingly rich spiritual experience if done properly. Beats all the degenerate post-modern lifestyle out there.

youtube.com/watch?v=p_shhU_H5Z0&t=480s

>Outbreed fags
I don't think that's gonna be hard

What do Christians think of racism?

The Bible condemns racism per sé and says that we are all of one blood, but it also commends all peoples to live in their own nations with their own tongues.

Sounds reasonable.

Yes, absolutely. And I'm infinitely thankful for the people that have brought me to it.

How many of you are looking forward to the end of the ages like I am? This world brings me no joy.

youtube.com/watch?v=c6NyDUMgXoU

So fragile man (Deep down, we all are). A pity.

What do you guys think about paulspassingthoughts.com/
It's had interesting posts about the philosophy that has permeated our culture. It's a really hardcore philosophy and logic blog sometimes.
Was wondering if anyone else had heard of it.

I really like his ideas on calvinism, lol.

Wtf I believe in zombie jews and sky daddy's now!

What are you guys stance on learning Latin and Greek?

>outbreed fags
you know... not even mad at it.

But you should still probably repent and ask His forgiveness.

Also, go forth and outbreed fags.

Is it even possible to find an uncuck congregation? Redpilled on white genocide and the JQ, against African aid, realizes mestizo and arab mass immigration is a religious and racial war, etc...

I believe that the Christian morality of sacrifice for the good of others (even of your enemies) is based not only on moral convictions but on the knowledge that has been given to us. And knowledge is power.

In the same way, you will not fight without knowing your enemy first (only trusting that God will give you victory, because my religion or race is the best). It doesn't work that way. The highest ideals of altruism and peace are unsustainable if they deny the realities of the world.

I do not think we should give up personal convictions for the mere duty of obedience. Intellectualism must enrich others to be fruitful. Accepting things without discussion is cowardly. But being your own god is equally destructive. Both are not virtue.

totally backsliding after a year of being christian / getting baptized. anybody else have experience with this?

It happens. Knuckle down and talk with Him, walk with Him. Pray. Simple prayers, like thanks for food - though be sincere. If you recognize you wouldn't be eating without His constant sustaining intervention in the world keeping it orderly (enough), then you know who to thank for the luxury. I often forget, so that's why I say sincerity. When it crosses your mind, give thanks.

Try looking at the same things already in your life in the context of His presense with you. Example, I have chronic debilitating pain. Nearly drove me to suicide. It's not any better - I'm not miraculously healed - but I have been miraculously changed. I don't lament my circumstance, because after reflecting on the condition in light of His influence in my life, it serves some sort of purpose. Maybe it keeps me sympathetic to others where I am often overly analytical, maybe it's merely a reminder to just stop - literally stop, and reflect on Him.

Naturally that's more of an extreme example, but some sort of persistent feature of your life, reconsider it again in light of Him. The more you do these things, the more natural you will find yourself doing it, and I might suggest, the more joyous, peaceful, and generous you might grow.

Grew up with protestant family members. Used to watch old testament cartoons and stuff. Never thought much about religion but attended church on holidays with the school. Became agnostic in my teens because I wasn't interested in discussing god and life after death. More focused on the question "why is there anything as opposed to nothing." Without actually understanding it's relationship with religion and life after death. In my 20s it hit me and i'm born again faith hard as a ten inch dick that won't come down. I don't care much about denominations but consider myself protestant because faith is what saves me in the end. Also I like some traditions from both orthodox and catholisism, as well as their imagry and stuff. Protestant chruches is still numeru uno tho.

last bump for the night

Wish everyone good sleep and God bless

I think I may have seen an angel. I've seen it several times while daydreaming and thought it might just be some video game character I forgot about. But I did a lot of research into what it wore, and it was all Christian symbolism. Does anyone know a way to tell for sure if it was a real angel?

>get into Christianity through Lewis' "Mere Christianity" an F. Collins' "The Language of God"

I just started reading Mere Christianity on the advice from a previous thread. The book is fantastic. As someone who is at the beginning of his journey its been incredibly helpful. He has an amazing talent for explaining what I would think is obvious but is not always such.

>...it does not think this is a war between independent powers. It thinks it is a civil war, a rebellion, and that we are living in a part of the universe occupied by the rebel.
>Enemy-occupied territory -- that is what this world is. Christianity is the story of how the rightful king has landed, you may say landed in disguise, and is calling us all to take part in a great campaign of sabotage. When you go to church you are really listening -- in to the secret wireless from our friends: that is why the enemy is so anxious to prevent us from going.

and suddenly Church and the need for community made sense to me.

>Orthodox
Gay but not as gay as Cuckolickism

>Suggesting people read NIV and not KJV
Retard

Sure, I COULD be worshiping a god that MIGHT be the right god among MILLIONS of other gods/spirits/deities/etc that have been a part of human history for millions of years

Or I could be party rockin'

The choice is yours

Does anyone have 'scripture redpills' like pic related?
I am looking specifically for interesting interpretations of Biblical passages.

Describe it

I want to start believing and I was wondering if it is worth going to church in England or not as the church of England is pretty cucked right now. Would I just be better off reading the king James bible without going to church?

GAS THE KIKES! RACE WAR NOW!

Depends where you are. Don't go to your garden-variety CofE parish. If you can find a Latin Mass or other traditional Catholic congregation, you're golden. 2nd best would be a strongly evangelical church.

Where are you?

If you don't have an authentically scriptural church around your region, then I don't believe it is wrong just studying the scriptures at home, instead. It would be ideal to congregate with other real believers, though. I urge you to try Rapture Ready forums or Christianforums for a sense of community and guidance, if you can't get that in your area, personally.

Converting to Orthodox from Godless communism.

Catholic reporting in

It seems female. She wears a female crusader style uniform but with inverted colors. The uniform is black and the cross blue. She has pale blue wings that appear to made out of pure energy. She also holds a golden staff in her right hand with the top part in the shape of a cobra head and a gold bangle on her left wrist.
I quickly drew up a shitty pic-related for reference.

Would best describe as 'born-again' as well, Brother.

Like you, Sup Forums helped turn me to Christ. Where before what could have been called "faith" was utterly dead, today He makes me a new creature.

Converting to any Christianity from Godless communism is an improvement.

as a heathen, how do I get a moe and pure christian gf?

Hey, how is every ones day going?

God bless.

It could be an apparition from Joan of Arc, thats my guess. And are you 100% positive its a woman, if its not it could be Saint Michael the Archangel

Burn a quran.

>are you 100% positive its a woman
Yes

I'm so glad you're here! Theres a delightful couple at my church who used to be into witchcraft... And eventually they too, saw the light. Welcome my friend!

>bawl my eyes out and confess that Jesus is lord

Haha, I did the same thing. And folks tell me sometimes that I'm one of the least emotional folks they know. Thats a wonderful story, I'm so happy for you, my brother!

Well user, sometimes theres just not much that you can do about it. I spend my time with my church family, friends and neighbors and GF, comfortably insulated away from all of that. Some were pretty brutally redpilled when I met them, others I've redpilled. We just live the best life possible, pray to the Lord, and live the life we want to live.

If everyone else did the same, there would be no degeneracy...

Sometimes what you can do is extremely limited, so you can just be the change that you want to be, and thats about it...

I need more time, to get my life in order before the judgement comes... Getting there tho, 10 times closer to where I want to be than I was a year ago right now.

I dont know about an entire congregation, but probably 1/2 my church is redpilled as you describe...

Interesting... I dont disagree!

Do what says, and also - enjoy fellowship! I dont know what your situation is now, but fellowship with brethren and believers is one of the cornerstones of the church... We pray together, worship together, eat together, spend time together, etc. I dont know how well I could keep my faith without my wonderful church family. As an Atheist, loving Christian fellowship is one of the things that made my conversion possible; I enjoyed spending time with my Christian assossiates, they were genuinly delightful and had logical answers for all the questions of the ways of the world that they discussed.

2/2

I'd try to find a way to spend more time with your congregation if you have one, are they having any events at the church this week that you've never been to? Perhaps you might stop by.

Failing that, just spend more time in these wonderful /cg/ threads. We're all here to help eachother...

Haha, I'm so making my kids watch biblical cartoons :D

Glad you're here with us, my brother!

Just Amazon'd this, haha. If only I had time to read all these books...

I surely dont suggest against the based KJV, but the NIV is much easier to read and comprehend for the average beginner. Source: BTDT.

I have a KJV tho, and once I make it 100% through my NIV, I'll read that one cover to cover also :)

Keep telling youself god "might" exist. Pic related seems like a pretty real thing for them to do, to me.

I hope so! I'd love to see more redpills dumped ITT!

I have open in another tab, Saint Augistine's various sermons. Probably some good stuff in there, I cant wait to go through them all...

Do you have an Orthodox church nearby, anywhere? I'm of course a little bias, but I think we're much more uncucked than the average church

Welcome, my friend! I'm glad you're with us :)

Greetings, my brother! Such a cute Christ-Chan!

So happy to hear that! Its amazing, I dont think most people here know the power of this board, of the good it can do for the world, and the lives it can touch. Peace be upon you, my friend!

Always better in /CG/ :)

Christ is Risen!

Yeah, shitposring sure id fun.

>I'd try to find a way to spend more time with your congregation if you have one
Yes, definitely. I sometimes take it for granted that internet is not constitute by anything but shut-ins. Even in that it could do people well to get out, and this is certainly a good an excuse as any.

God is fellowship (father, son, holy spirit). While you won't be forsaken as a recluse - he is always with you - for those truly feeling lost of distant, yeah, the best step is probably to invite yourself to fellowship.

Go to church. Talk among the congregation. Get involved. Share your thoughts, wants. Confess among your bothers and sisters, and forgive your brothers and sisters when they confess in your midst. Where two or more meet in His name, there He is.

>had dog (probably 6-years-old at the time)
>neglected
>put out in kitchen on Firework Night cus dribble and shake, for example
>shift from large corner stair at the top of staircase to get from kitchen to room and play vidya
>rarely took for walkies
>dismiss whenever eating at the table
>mother gave up dog for adoption
>I was (probably) 14 at the time
It's been over 10 years and I still can't get over it. It's the only thing that can make me break down anymore; I am still tourtured with regret. He loved me unconditionally and would wait outside my bedroom while I played fucking video games with the door shut.

I pray to god he's spent his many years with a loving family. I hope one day to find him, or find closure.

We are in revelation 20, the great harvest on who will be the 144000 or the great multitude is almost commercing, if you are not one of them: TOUGH LUCK

144000 is a purely symbolic number. The twelve tribes that will survive are the 12 countries in the three seas initiative. I even had a weird dream where an angel told me Poland would be among the last surviving countries.

You make it sound like UFOs harvesting humans literally.
chaff and wheat are symbolic of humans, reapers of angels. But its not literall pick-and-chose.
or is it?

Sounds interesting. Although I fear my country is already a sinking ship.
Not sure what good God will do me now.

I've given into Esoteric, Occult, and Pagan practices. But, I'd like to think your angel said my country wouldn't go the way of the Titanic.

The 12 tribes are symbolic for 12 disciples of Christ not fucking countries i bet you think the sun,moon and stars are actually sun, moon and stars.

W-was Argentina mentioned?

The tribes in Revelations are clearly groups of people.

This user gets it!

For anyone reading this who hasnt been to church in a while, if ever - if this sounds nice to you, please stop in! We'de love to have you, and we hope you'll enjoy our company. I lived as an Atheist for about a decade and they welcomed me in.

Believe it or not, I'm right there with you. I had a simuilar story, my mom got me a puppy when I was about 11 or 12 and at the time, my family had just fallen apart (divorce), and I was alone and angry. Poor doggo, like yours, loved me unconditionally even tho I was usually cold towards him, pushed him away, was mean, etc.

I was lucky, in that he's still around (still lives back home, although hes an old doggo now, still as sweet as can be). It might sound lame, but one day visiting my folks, it was just him and me alone, I got down on the floor and gave him a big hug, told him that I was deeply sorry and regretted everything, and would never treat him like that again. He just leaned on me and wagged his tail.

I maintain that based doggos know everything we say, and everything that happens around them. I think he forgave me, probably years ago.

Anyway, as you've clearly repented, I believe that Jesus has forgiven you 100%, and likely, your doggo did also, again, years ago.

You clearly wont do it again, so dont be too hard on yourself.

Most people either have time or money. If you have money, I'd consider giving to a REPUTABLE charity or shelter near you, that cares for animals on the street. If you dont have money, but have time, thats just as well, they can always use volunteers, or you can talk to folks and try to find homes for their animals.

I'm kind of rambling here, but I hope this helps you. I'll pray for your internal peace, my brother...

there's no UFO involved or rapture its simply appointing whose in what group. these people will then start preaching the word of testimony to the rest of the world, revelations is not a sudden event its actually a 1000 year process

eureka people are fallen stars casted down by the evil elohims with lucifer the god and mother of chirts

So rundown on angels lads?

they are groups of people but each tribe are named after the disciples like peter, matthew and phillip

Why the need to preach?
if a big even happens in the sky everyone from the earth(which is flat, really) would see it and stop disbelieving.

Nothings gonna happen this century trough ;_;

No, but Slovakia and Hungary were in there too. Russia and Turkey do something important and the US does something spectacular and then dies, ironically becoming the most beloved country in history. It had a memorial marked "In memory of the great republic"
I hope this dream wasn't sent by God, because I currently live in the US.

>if a big even happens in the sky everyone from the earth(which is flat, really) would see it and stop disbelieving.
This, this is why they need to preach. people keep assuming something like this going to happen when they even understand the parables written in the bible so end making crazy theories saying this is how it going to go down when far from the truth

>eureka people are fallen stars casted down by the evil elohims with lucifer the god and mother of chirts
Splain.

Tell us more