Redpill me on Dunkirk

Did Germany really intentionally let the Brits go? Or is that a myth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UPUQnJ1Eoic
der-fuehrer.org/reden/english/wardirectives/13.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HNMsOm-yZ54
hitlerorchurchill.info
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a myth.

The reason why the tanks stopped at Dunkirk wasn't a racial gesture of goodwill - the "Halt Order" didn't even come from Hitler, it came from his generals and he just approved it.

-There's nowhere for the tanks to Blitzkrieg at Dunkirk. You can't encircle someone where there's an ocean in the way, any attack would have to be a costly head-on attritional assault.

-The tanks had completely outpaced the infantry and would be attacking unsupported.

-The ground around Dunkirk was very marshy and would bog down attackers - Hitler had fought in the area in WW1 and that inclined him to approve the order.

You can argue whether the Halt Order was the right call, but it was a reasonable one.

Germans let them get away for good relations Brits say the wore refueling

Dunkirk is the brits only successful military campaign since 1776. Of course, it was running away from fighting, as we see the tradition carry on today. The french give up, the brits run away.

Kek

Had hitler massacred the bongs the war may have ended up differently.

Brits can't make a movie about their victory so they made one about them losing and running for their lives.

plus the weather was bad and limited the Stukas, and B109's. The RAF was just as able as Luftwaffe, also. They were well within range to air assault krauts.

Please.stop.with these facts.

This kills the stormfag

also, the kruats never envisioned that such a massive evacuation could be successfully undertaken. It was a miracle.

Hitler's mistake. He should have bombed the piss out of the enemy and prevented their retreat via submarine. It was the best chance to end the war early.

-The ground around Dunkirk was very marshy and would bog down attackers - Hitler had fought in the area in WW1 and that inclined him to approve the order.

There never was any fighting around Dunkirk during WWI

For the French the battle of Marne, and a noteworthy mention in the British victory at the battle of Passchendaele

As for the British.
>Battle of Arras. (the ANZAC's were huge in this one)
>Battle of Cambrai.
>Battle of Amiens. (another nod to the french)
>Battle of Messines.
>Spring Offensive. (AKA Kaiser Kant Koordinate)

I could cite even more battles and campaigns from this very same war however I'll just mention Waterloo and the war of 1812. If you're going to shit post you need to be cleaver about it, if you just spout shit like a retard, you'd appear as such.

They didn't realise that civvie fishermen would risk their lives again and again to ferry Frenchmen into England. Far from a miracle, just us Brits proving yet again that we're one of a handful of cultures on earth that isn't irredeemably self servile, narcissistic, and degenerate.

Riiiiiiiiight, it was practically impossible for the Germans to outright exterminate the allied troops cornered at Dunkirk, right right riiiiiiiiight.

That's why everyone ever (starting with rabid war dog Churchill) hailed the escape as nothing short of a divine miracle, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Fuck off, retards.

How's that working out for you now britbong no knives Muslim infected faggot?

>wake up this morning
>hearing screams
>they're from Richard
>right before that Tiger's AP round penetrated through the weak Sherman's hull and blew him into shards that landed all over my face as I was sitting in the drivers seat
>Was barely able to drive out of there with blood and guts on my face with the smell of burning metal all around me
>Can still remember uncontrollably puking upon returning to base and they excavated the remains of Rich and Herb from the cabin
>hands still shaking
>can't even look at my wife
>almost collapsed down the stairs
>barely able to load up Sup Forums and regale this tale

Lads I can't do this anymore. Every day the screaming gets worse and I can still feel them on me despite washing day after day year after year. I just can't do this anymore at all. My colt 1911 is still in my dresser bedroom. Help me tell my wife I love her.

Goodbye. At least now the screaming will end.

Belgium surrendered rather quickly as I recall.
Don't be hatin'. You're just a german door mat, a doorway to France, if you will.

The great do what they can, the small suffer what they must.

Flanders is a tiny area in the middle of some of the greatest powers in history: France, England, Germany; and served as point of dispute and field of battle for them many times.
Yet we still exist after more than 1500 years.

Also, nothing wrong with siding with the good guys.

Quite well, the muslims are only present in leftist areas, they will get what they deserve. I wonder if you're able to fall asleep at night without several guns within arms reach you absolute fucking pussy. If not for their grenades I'd argue that an infantryman is less armed and more burdened by food and water than the contents of some of you cowards pickup trucks.

>larping as a 90+ year old on Sup Forums
>greentexts properly

>nationalist that doesn't support his nation
kek
>it's impossible for a small nation to rule the waves
double kek.

youtube.com/watch?v=UPUQnJ1Eoic

Wrong on both counts.

define " let the Brits go"

According to stormfags the german position of being bogged down, over extended, targets for the RAF, essentially unable to attack by land is a decision to let us go.

Remember if Germany ever lost it was because they fought too valiantly, bogged down by honor. Whenever Britain wins they always claim it a pyyrhic victory and a strategical victory for the Germans. Remember world war one was lost for the Germans on a string of Strategic victories.

Germans are Autistic as a race, its a genetic guarantee with them, whenever they have to deal with reality they have a conniption fit, for the most part historians just let them believe their delusions now the war is over.

>According to stormfags the german position of being bogged down, over extended, targets for the RAF, essentially unable to attack by land is a decision to let us go.
So much to correct. First of all, stormfags don't discuss history. They blame everything on niggers and jews. There is a difference.
Secondly, are we talking about the Western front? Because it's widely accepted that Nazi Germany treated the western allies much more kindly than the eastern front - which is where 90% of WWII was taking place.
>Remember if Germany ever lost it was because they fought too valiantly, bogged down by honor. Whenever Britain wins they always claim it a pyyrhic victory and a strategical victory for the Germans. Remember world war one was lost for the Germans on a string of Strategic victories.
The Germans lost because the allies teamed up with Communist Russia to stop Germany from escaping paying war reparations from a war that wasn't being lost or won by either side. It's widely documented how surprised germans were that their government surrendered in WWI.
>Germans are Autistic as a race, its a genetic guarantee with them, whenever they have to deal with reality they have a conniption fit, for the most part historians just let them believe their delusions now the war is over.
Germans and Anglos are the most powerful people on the fucking planet still today. The division being made by Northern European is disgusting considering that we're being genocided in parts of the world. We're the only race being genocided against right now and you're picking on Germans for a pretty righteous war. Get over yourself.

it was good

The Brits burned down our capitol in 1812

>The Brits burned down our capitol in 1812
They couldn't even do that. They had to use surrogate Canadians.

The Germans surrendered because they were losing more than they were gaining before the yanks came to shore in France. The American's arrival pretty much guaranteed their eventual defeat so they cut their losses early (and avoided the destruction the French suffered).

They deserved worse than those simple reparations, the German state should have been dissolved, all disputed land granted to the other party (polish/french claims met) a return to the HRE status of principalities and a death to this abomination that spawned out of Prussia.

Whats more many of their cultural relicts should have been relocated to france, big bronze statues, golden scepters etc that shit should have been handed to the Entente. We all paid dearly for that attempt by those filthy fucking pagan sausage suckers, they gave up before we had a chance.

We shouldn't have accepted their peace proposals and instead pushed the attack into their homelands shelling every inch of ground into a marshy muddy bog from Metz to Budapest when we gained the upper hand.

You can't correct a fucking thing because you're stance is one of error. Whats more the Refugee situation that you claim to be committing genocide in Europe was a plan created by the Germans long before ww1.

Germany must be punished.

>reparations
>strongly distorted history
and we're done.

You're done because you realised you're defending the indefensible, instead of admitting I may have a point you'll just lie and act as if my actual account of history is distorted.

The Spring offensive happened the Germans lost way to much, America is forcing more and more men into France at levels that exceed the Refugee numbers currently with no end in site. There was no reason to continue to fight so they cut their losses (way before they even suffered a justifiable number) accepted a peace deal and then acted like the conditions of this peace were unfair when they decided to spit on the agreement 20 years later.

Germany spits on peace treaties because the Krauts love violence, seeing as they lose it can only be assumed that they are masochists. They cannot be trusted no agreements can be made, their Culture must be destroyed as will be the case at the hands of savages. I honestly believe this is what they desire anyway.

Yes, they did.

Pic related. Leaflets dropped on allied position.

>The Spring offensive happened the Germans lost way to much, America is forcing more and more men into France at levels that exceed the Refugee numbers currently with no end in site. There was no reason to continue to fight so they cut their losses (way before they even suffered a justifiable number) accepted a peace deal and then acted like the conditions of this peace were unfair when they decided to spit on the agreement 20 years later.
This is all fundamentally wrong.
The Australians are the people who won WWI for the allies.
>The Australians then mounted a number of local counter-attacks revealing the suitability of the open and firm terrain south of the Somme for a large offensive, and also established and refined the methods which were to be proved successful in that offensive. On August 8th the Australians under Monash, the Canadians under Curry, and the British 3rd launched the battle of Amiens. The battle plan devised by Monash called for the Australians to spearhead the attack by capturing the German artillery, a key objective, which minimized allied casualties, and resulted in the first decisive large scale victory of the war for the allies.
>The Australians then defeated the Germans at Chignes, Peronne and Hargicourt. They crossed the Somme River on the night of 31 August, breaking the German lines during the Battle of Mont St. Quentin.
>Armistice of November 11th
You're a fucking idiot. You don't even know the specifics of what you're talking about. Talking more with you would be a waste of my time because you wouldn't know how to react when I explain how it wasn't a clear defeat but a defeat from within the German government and that the german soldiers weren't actually on the way to defeat.

>Camarades

Germans really suck at the whole hearts and minds thing. They also heavily implied that they could afford to step forth from their lines, the truth of the situation was that the Germans needed several days marching to be combat ready, the spear had been thrust and this was the extent of its tip. If you try to take on infantry in Armour without infantry supporting it it ends very badly for your panzer.

So I'm seeing two arguments here

One says the Germans could've overwhelmed the British at Dunkirk but chose not to.

The other argument said they were incapable of doing so.

What about the argument that they were probably capable of doing so, but failed to take the initiative in the proper way, and it had nothing to do with honor?

>WW1
>Allies

What is entente?

The Australians did fight well during WW1, I stated so prior, they didn't carry the 'allied' forces on their backs however as you would claim, they just happened to enter the European theater late enough that they could be positioned to favorable terrain to lead the attack where as the British and French could not be relocated due to having to hold the line and slog through the shitty, bloody, muddy mess that was created during the prior German offenses.

>"The Kaiserschlacht offensives had yielded large territorial gains for the Germans, in First World War terms. However, victory was not achieved and the German armies were severely depleted, exhausted and in exposed positions. The territorial gains were in the form of salients which greatly increased the length of the line that would have to be defended when Allied reinforcements gave the Allies the initiative. In six months, the strength of the German army had fallen from 5.1 million fighting men to 4.2 million.[30] By July, the German superiority of numbers on the Western Front had sunk to 207 divisions to 203 Allied, a negligible lead which would be reversed as more American troops arrived.[27] German manpower was exhausted. The German High Command predicted they would need 200,000 men per month to make good the losses suffered, returning convalescents could supply 70,000–80,000/month but there were only 300,000 recruits available from the next annual class of eighteen-year-olds.[31] Even worse, they lost most of their best-trained men: stormtrooper tactics had them leading the attacks. Even so, about a million German soldiers remained tied up in the east until the end of the war."

You're a fucking wehraboo yank that thinks you're great great great great German peasant grandmother getting blacked makes you one of them. Go have a Techwank over some Panzer schematics.

Not mutually exclusive. There was a halt order given by rundstedt, but not to let the allies go - as anons have said above the panzers had outrun their infantry and supply/comms lines. By the time Hitler countermanded defences were in place.

The allies had hundreds of thousands of equipped men, the area was not suitable for mechanised warfare. The RAF owned the sky, and the RN controlled the channel, ie big fuck off naval guns. Actually forcing the bef to surrender - or eliminating it - would have been tough

It simply didn't exist. If you don't know how Blitzkrieg works read up, assuming you do you'd understand why they couldn't attack for a few days.

You can break the front lines but we created a reserve line whilst we ferried what we could across the channel. I think its funny that a film regarding Dunkirk would be aired now considering politics in Europe. I closet fantasise about a timeline where France leaves the EU and America + Britain helps secure the future of our two great cultures, ending our long held vendetta for each other and turning on the real problem, the pagan Germans and their swarm of 3rd world locusts.

Would have likely resulted in losses which would have made the Germans lose to the Russians much harder and faster than they did honestly, such a narrow front line gives the defenders a massive advantage.

tough, but theoretically possible? Would the benefits of wiping out such a large force have been worth the casualties for the Germans? Later in the war the Brits mainly relied on their air force, if I'm not mistaken. So would wiping out the expeditionary force even make a difference later in the war?

On the other hand, the Germans greatly valued their troops and couldn't afford to throw them away which such disregard as say the Russians.

Genuinely interested here

The leafs are the unsung heroes of ww1

"During this time, the Canadian Corps fought in the Battle of Amiens, Second Battle of the Somme, Battle of the Scarpe, Battle of the Canal du Nord, Battle of Cambrai, Battle of the Selle, Battle of Valenciennes and finally at Mons, on the final day of combat before the Armistice of 11 November 1918. In terms of numbers, during those 96 days the Canadian Corps' four over-strength or 'heavy' divisions of roughly 100,000 men, engaged and defeated or put to flight elements of forty seven German divisions, which represented one quarter of the German forces faced by the Allied Powers fighting on the Western Front.[1] However, their successes came at a heavy cost; Canadians suffered 20% of their battle-sustained casualties of the war during the same period.[2] The Canadian Corps suffered 45,835 casualties during this offensive."

Goehring convinced Hitler that his air Force can wreck British.

you're forgetting the battle of Vimy Ridge. We're taught that this was our finest moment

Belgium is a non-country, should be split between Germans and French.

I think it would have been doable, but very costly. The British troops were inexperienced and tactics hadn't caught up with the krauts modern style of warfare. If the bef were wiped out it would have been a devastating blow for Britain in terms of manpower, morale, and politically - it's possible Churchill would not have survived as PM, this alone would have changed the course of the war.

Interesting. I suppose Hitler must have been weighing up the benefits of attacking the British to the disadvantages of weakening himself against Russia, or other future enemies like the Americans?

Frankly all British Soldiers are unsung heroes of WW1 as the entire war is completely overshadowed by WW2, mostly because its benefactors, the US can't claim sole credit for WW1 like they do with the sequel, that god awful game BF1 tried however. The Canadians fought very well this is true, they did well on D-day too, this just proves my earlier points regarding Anglo supremacy, doesn't matter the flag, our culture is the best globally, parts of French culture influences this unfortunately other parts are tainted by the rest of the continent.

Germany is a non country, should eb split up to 16th century levels.

>You're a fucking wehraboo yank that thinks you're great great great great German peasant grandmother getting blacked makes you one of them.
Well my ancestors are from France and England with only minor links to Germanic heritage so not really.
Also, copying Wikipedia out of context doesn't really bolster your argument. It proves that you don't actually know very much about the war and can't argue the specifics.
Thanks, Try again Achmed.

>Vimy ridge
Don't worry couldn't forget that, but it was 1917. All those battles i listed, fucking up 47 kraut divisions - all that lot was just your last 100 days of ww1, 3 months of 1918....

Like USA did with Blackhawk Down?

Out of context?

The context was literally the spring offensive the cost Germany the war, you're copy pasta was far worse. If you understood the specifics of war you'd understand why it was the the Australians were able to be given the glorious open hard terrain enabling them to tear the Germans a new arsehole. The British, hell even the French forces would be able to more or less as well if not better given the same conditions the australians were.

Are you that ashamed that American culture is a subculture of the British that you feel a need to attack yourself like some Liberal cuckold? Or is it that your some beaner/nigger/slope trying to take over the US? Or worse still perhaps you're one of (((those))).

The Germans were afraid of a breakthrough and getting routed.

>Warner Bros.
>British

Hmmmm

Britain today is the result of it fighting bankers wars and removing the best genetics from its stock.
I am a white Canadian who's ancestors managed to survive both Jewish attempts at the destruction of my race.
I stand with The Germans. British Jew Muppets will be slaughtered if they attempt to stop Germany

>I stand with The Germans
So you stand for the decline of nationalism, refugees and muslim immigrants

You'd literally destroy your race by submitting to Hitlers breeding programs that would wipe out non German Genetic lines within its desired thousand year Reich because you just figured out the Jews are crafty and we're often forced to deal with them. It's not the Jews destroying your race, its you.

You're a fat slob of a man, you do not deserve to breed and you only have your fault to blame, lift metal. We're not being destroyed we're just shedding the worst of us. Look at a coal burner, I don't want her children to be white as their presence would devalue the race.

Who we owned

Protip: France and Germany directly owe their existence to the Franks from Flanders.

This kike plays too many GSG

Look up Adolf Garland on JT. There was no miracle. Just AH allows us to escape.

Stop posting under the Template, Chaim.

>you're copy pasta was far worse
like?
>Are you that ashamed that American culture is a subculture of the British
This is wrong. There's a reason why the US isn't considered in the same light as Australia, New Zealand, and India. We never took well to British imperialism and didn't respect British culture or laws. It's literally the subject of a massive era in history and the creation of our country.
that you feel a need to attack yourself like some Liberal cuckold?
Irony.

Where's the phantom craters from the Hollywood bombs?
Mercy is something the Jew cannot accept as a historical fact.
One Uboat could have sunk every ship.
Artillery could have been easily deployed.
Paratroopers could have been there in hours.
A saturation bombing of the beach would have decimated with air burst detonated anti personnel munitions.
A few dozen tanks and machine guns would have been more than enough to wipe out or cause the surrender.
Only British think this was an escape under the noses of German reconnaissance by air, sea and land.

Stop feeding the kikes

Hitler wanted destroy the bef, I believe - war directive 13 gave instructions to defeat them and destroy them in the channel if possible. It was just too late, by the time he countermanded the halt order the rearguard defences were set - 70k men, Inc 40k French who fought till their ammo ran dry. Plus the luftwaffe oversold it's abilities as usual.

der-fuehrer.org/reden/english/wardirectives/13.html

Amen, bro

>there's an ocean in the way
STFU mouthbreather

>ownED
>rule Britannia ,rule the waves

god your stinky country can sink into the sea soon enough

I don't think we actually know what would happen under Nazi rule to the rest of the world. People like to say everyone who wasn't a blue eyed blonde would be exterminated but I doubt that would have actually been feasible.

I think National Socialism as an international concept would have been more along the lines of trying to avoid mixing the races and making sure that people were proud enough of their own ethnicity and cultures that they wouldn't try to dilute their genes by mixing with others

It sure looks that way, but we are bringing every cunt down with us.

Hitler wanted to make peace with Great Britain, France dumb fuck

>Waterloo
Prussians and the Russians

Pic related, the Canadian war memorial in London. Cos we don't fucking forget, even if their ungrateful fucknut grandkids do...

Hitler didn't have blond hair and blue eyes. Jews just hate Nordic genetics.

>One Uboat could have sunk every ship.
Why would a U-boat go into an area infested with British and French destroyers?

>Artillery could have been easily deployed.
Germany didn't have any near by. The armor units were halted before the beach and awaiting the infantry and everything else to catch up.

>Paratroopers could have been there in hours.
Why the hell would you drop men (who cannot carry their own weapons) into an area with a concentrated enemy presence? It didn't work on Crete and it wouldn't work at Dunkirk.

>A saturation bombing
Using which bombers? The Stukas or the medium bombers? Neither can achieve a saturation effect.

>A few dozen tanks and machine guns would have been more than enough to wipe out or cause the surrender
Clearly not otherwise it would have been done.

Face it, Dunkirk is another failure of Hitler. Either in his underestimation in the will of the British and French, thinking they would just give up and accept some kind of offered peace (Until he backstabbed them), or in his confidence that those forces couldn't be evacuated.
What most likely happened was the Generals realized their armor was too far ahead and needed to hold up before a push with all their forces could be made, Hitler approved of this, Goering assured Hitler that the Luftwaffe could sufficiently attach the beach to prevent an escape, that plan failed, Goebbels tried to turn that failure into some showing of "German compassion"

>dusty
>rusting
>cracks
>words written in random places in illegible circle format
>People literally walk all over it

pretty shit war memorial desu, I am offense

Idiot. Kraut wartime footage of the luftwaffe attacks on the dunkirk beach. Put some fucking effort in, son.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HNMsOm-yZ54

hitlerorchurchill.info

While I agree with most of what you said, I think's it important to note that as previously discussed, the Germans would have incurred heavy losses if they had tried to take Dunkirk with the forces they had at their disposal. Is it really a failure when you choose to save the lives of your own men with an eye to future conflicts with superpowers such as Russia And USA? If anything, the situation was a failure of the Blitzkrieg doctrine, which was a product of Manstein, not Hitler.

Is that why you used colonial troops when huge losses were expected because it was less politically damaging back in brown teeth Jew Muppet island?
Your wars against our race have destroyed more than your empire its almost destroyed the white race. When Germans finally crush your Jew hive of an island I will personally grind that humiliation into dust and feed it to you toothless Brits

This is the whole monument. Plus, this is specifically for canucks - you are also on the main cenotaph at which the Queen etc lays wreathes every year...

>Irony

The only Irony is that you'd use a word that your countrymen are stigmatised for not comprehending and use it in error to prove the point. The basement foundations of every culture is its language, and you speak English, you speak it poorly but its English.

Your culture is ours you just cant admit it so you do dumb shit like Rain dance in industrially produced native leather dresses claiming to be native to the land our ancestors colonised.

As for what copy pasta I was clearly referencing this

>"The Australians then mounted a number of local counter-attacks revealing the suitability of the open and firm terrain south of the Somme for a large offensive, and also established and refined the methods which were to be proved successful in that offensive. On August 8th the Australians under Monash, the Canadians under Curry, and the British 3rd launched the battle of Amiens. The battle plan devised by Monash called for the Australians to spearhead the attack by capturing the German artillery, a key objective, which minimized allied casualties, and resulted in the first decisive large scale victory of the war for the allies."

Don't pretend you wrote that, you are quoting; likely from some wiki page, you also completely misinterpreted it. You was implying that the war was won purely on the backs of the actions of these divisions that behaved exactly like any British division would have, had the Anzacs not been ready, available, and most importantly not holding a front. They fought well sure and helped secure victory, as would any British French American or other Entente Divisions given their task which just so happened to be a cunt hair away from a simple rape and pillage effort.

Just trolling here, but why couldn't you build something epic like this?

both, really.It would have been risky and costly to attack dunkirk because of the blitzkrieg strategy not working there. But at the same time, it was supposed to be a sign to Great Britain to finally drop the eternal anglo act and stop the war. Germany has always liked GB, but it wasnt meant to be, because GB doesnt like germans because we tend to dominate the continent. The situation from WW1 and WW2 is repeating itself with the Brexit which is basically GB giving the middle finger to Germany yet again. It's basically suicide attacks because like WW1 and WW2, they're hurting themselves more than you hurt us.

>colonial troops
Kek, pic related, and don't start me on the Muslim SS divisions

>you speak English, you speak it poorly but its English.
Ad hominem. Not an argument.
>Don't pretend you wrote that, you are quoting; likely from some wiki page, you also completely misinterpreted it.
Claims I quoted something and misinterpreted it. Doesn't see the irony of calling a quote a misinterpretation.
This is why no one wants to play with (you)

Yes Hitler obviously let them go

He was still hoping he could get the UK to call off the war. If course Churchill just used that chance to bomb more German civilians.

Exterminate means to remove, he wouldn't do such and I agree it wouldn't have been worked. What he would have done was promote Germans over others and other time breed out the genetics deemed undesirable.

If you was a Canadian Nazi you'd likely be pro Britain as we speak the same language have the same culture and race etc, you'd be like Austria and when the anglosphere became a reality and annexed you back into the empire you'd fight for the cause. You cannot be pro nat soc and pro Germany unless you are German culturally, and you're not.

Anglos are kike slaves

t. Anglo

Hitler had genuine hopes for a peace treaty with Britain. His interest was lebensraum in the East.

Hitler was a logical player at this stage and he simply could not understand why GB would lose her empire to simply to prevent Germany to dominate Europe.

We finally had the answer : the Brits love for curry.

It sits on a ley line like Stonehenge and circular format. Whats more that is Quartz, not iron, Quartz doesn't rust.

National Socialism, although popularized by Germany, is not a philosophy that is exclusive only to Germany.

Surely you're not suggesting that National Socialism can't be adapted and used in other societies, cultures and nations?

t. eternal anglo.

More like Brits' love for being slaves to Jewish bankers

Imagine selling off your entire empire just to prevent Germany fighting communist Jews. Unfuckingbelievable

There's not really any direct place for blame since nothing went wrong. It was just the British organized a plan very quickly and it worked to evacuate their forces.
That wasn't something foreseeable. Though if you want to ask "Why were the German tanks so far ahead to the point they had to stop and wait?" Then the answer is Guderian and Rommel. The plan for the invasion of France was to move over the country as a wave, but with the tank's advances being so rapid, Guderian altered orders and told his forces to push to the coast.
Trading force concentration and cohesion for the ability to have units as far into enemy land as possible. It worked since it overwhelmed the French and English who couldb't be sure of where German tanks were, but it also made things slow down on the German side to the point they had to stop and wait for the others to play catch up. It is during that waiting period that the evacuation occurred and even if the Germans wanted to stop it, they couldn't. no point in throwing fatigued men with little supplies left at an enemy with its back against the wall.