Disability Swamp Draining

This is important to talk about.

I believe Trump is cleaning out the Disability Frauds who are leaching off tax payers (people who fake illnesses for disability checks).

I've been permanently disabled all my life.

This year, for the first time ever, I got a letter reviewing my disability, checking to see if I'm working, my condition got better, and when I last went to see the doctor.

I sent them everything and they said I checked out fine, and no review was needed.

I volunteer to work with disabled kids, and talking to their parents, they also got these letters (Florida).

We're thinking that the gov is cracking down hard on disability fraud, arresting several people here in Central Florida for welfare fraud (on the news), and even doctors for over prescribing and filling too many Medicare claims.

Anyone seeing this in other states? I feel like Trump is pure corporate mindset; really pushing all departments to find and cut costs.

I have a feeling a LOT of people lost their welfare support or disability checks this month, for either fraud, or just for being able to work and not justified being on permanent disability.

Anyway, thought I would bring this up on pol for current events topic related to health care and taxes (because you working folks help us disabled people). Thank you, bytheway.

Thoughts? Seen anything in your local news about this?

Interesting. Please elaborate, if you don't mind.

if true this is awesome, and exactly why I voted for the guy

Are you less than 50 years old? I was getting those letters up until then and then they stopped.
No fraud here, I've got piles of documentation.

bump for interest

i want to believe. Heil Trump.

I've noticed this, know alot of NEETS who lost their disability and have to work now. the /r9k/ lifestyle is dying. THANK GOD.

It's all a fucking fraud. Medicaid is income based not based on need. Trump needs to repeal Obamacare to start. Disability is only 11 million or so out of the almost 70 million people on CHIP and Medicaid.

(OP)
(OP)
(OP)

Florida has had major crackdowns in trafficking, prostitution, drugs, and apparently welfare/disability. It's kinda crazy actually. In a good way. Really makes me think why it hasn't happened in the last 8 years...

Worked and paid into the insurance for years. Ended up with rare nerve damage.

Plenty of documentation, but part of what is fucking me over are those human pieces of garbage that fake, lie, drug, or eat/drink their way to disability... Makes it very difficult for real disabled to get the benefits they deserve.

It's even harder in the military than the private sector.

Half of r9k was always wagies, I can't wait to talkie to all the NEETS before they get their coffee.

I'm not the type to be an edgelord, and I get it that some people actually do need disability, but it is hard to sympathize as all I really think of is fuckers who horde free money saying they have depression and cant work. The Federal government shouldn't be handing this shit out. Make the states do it if you want to do it. Federal govt should only be handling things that the States can not individually do.

been trying and failing for 3 years to get disabledbux for PTSD due to government incompetence, and the epilepsy it caused. ama.
unfortunately i will need to start doing illegal or 'untaxed' work soon to even survive.

Yes, it's getting really intense here in my state. Maybe it's just a Florida thing.
We're known to hand out welfare like it's free candy.
I'm glad the doctors are also getting disciplined for over prescribing.
My doctor is constantly trying to put me on many medications I don't need.
If I tell him I didn't sleep well last night, he'll try putting me on sleeping pills, anti anxiety pills, etc. Handing out Xanax like tick tacks.
To me, American medicine has basically turned into legal drug dealers pushing drugs on customers for profit.
This is why we have an opioids epidemic.

I hope trump kicks out all the frauders so people with actual disabilities have better access to services.

t. actual schizophrenic

Me too, friend.
And I think it's happening now.
Remember, Trump runs things like a corporation.
He getting rid of any kind of programs or people leeching off taxpayers.
But...I fear things will get worse before it gets better.
A lot of people have become too dependant on welfare thanks to Obama.

This user doesn't know the difference between Medicare and Medicaid.

What are you talking about retard?

Whos the girl

Yes end the medicaid expansion. Repeal Obamacare.

Agreed.
Unfortunately, today I saw on the news that in some states they need tents to serve the many people with no insurance providers thanks to Obama Care.
That's why I wrote earlier that things are only going to get worse, before they get better.
When you give people free things for 8 years, it's hard to suddenly stop, without massive blowback.
I pray that the Trump administration finds the best solution soon.
Democrats will be forced to come to the table to deal with this Obamacare mess.

It's true. Dems have to help out here. They got us into this mess. The system can't support such a high percentage of takers. I too hope trump can find a way to get us out of this mess.

I need to turn someone in.
Fat bitch is collecting because she faked
a back injury. She's 250 pds overweight

there's tons of people I've met in life on disability for bullshit things like depression, anxiety, fibro and all sorts of made up mental illnesses. I'd say 75% of those I've met are absolutely fine and could work they're just milking the system like leeches. Meanwhile I know someone that is legit blind and can no longer work and SS is giving them the most hassle and fucked up jump through hoops level interrogation I've ever heard of. Literally makes me disgusted at this point that drugs addicts and fakes are living easy peasy and there's probably many with real disabilities getting run through the ringer because so many fucks are scamming

I don't usually like the idea of being a rat, but you know you get paid for turning in disability fraud scammers?
The government pays people who turn in scammers, because in the long run it saves tax payers many thousands.

>SS is giving them the most hassle and fucked up jump through hoops level interrogation I've ever heard of
They need to talk to a disability attorney immediately. No legal fees.

yes but then the attorney gets to take 25% of their back payment when approved up to $6,000. But that's what they are probably going to do once they get denied I guess they are still processing at this point but have heard almost everyone gets denied

Checked. Thoth of the palindrome is with us.

Yes, but without an attorney, of they get a denial, it's really really hard to reapply and get approved.
It's one of those things where you really don't want to risk a denial the first time, because that denial will always be used to justify a review and possibly stop the disability payments.
Just get the attorney.

You're lying out your ass dude. Everyone pretends they know tons of people doing this yet we know most don't.

Also do you know how much you get a month for SSI? The max you ever get is $700. Try living off that alone. It's not easy. If you really want to lower the deficit then there's way way way better ways than cutting some poor suckers off their shitty SSI

This is true.
SSI is not a lot of money.
That's why disabled people rely on their family.
People without family, and disabled, have hard lives.
At least it's not China, where the poor, disabled, and elderly just die on the streets, if they have no family help.

Isabella Soprano

I'm on disability right now, but it is on a LTD plan that I paid like $3 a week to buy into. It pays me 60% of wages for as long as needed plus cost of living increases. The private sector is the way to go.

I'm permanently disabled too, thank you for thanking the people who are helping REAL handicapped citizens. Yes thank you tax payers for helping me too! You may never meet the people you're helping but when the system works, it really helps. I came across your thread and saw something you don't see very often, thanks for that (I know, it's cheesy, but it was nice to see someone thanking tax payers for making our lives just a little bit easier for once) cheers!

Thanks, bro.
I know we like to mess with each other on this site, but I'm sincerely grateful for living in America.
We are a truly blessed and great country.
We just have to make sure the system doesn't get abused or corrupted worse.
Best wishes to you and yours, friend.
I think it's good to talk about these things more often.
Peace.

Yeah. It's hard.
Just have to figure out what is best for you and your family.