Best version of the Bible

I'm going to finally read the Bible from beginning to end, but I really don't have any experience with it. Which version should I read? KJV seems to be popular, but should I go with a different version?

Other urls found in this thread:

pidginbible.org/Concindex.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FAgDXZfOfx0
skepticsannotatedbible.com/
amazon.com/Hebrew-Greek-Word-Study-Bible-Thumb-Indexed/dp/1617159867/ref=sr_1_22?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501037850&sr=1-22&keywords=spiros zodhiates
twitter.com/AnonBabble

English KJV is divinely inspired

Revised Standard.

Get one of those Bibles that have multiple translations for each verse.

Newbies don't work well with KJV alone.

Concordant LITERAL version

Get a KJV and look up any verse that seems confusing. Go to church and if you find a good one the sermons will help you to understand. You don't want your grandchildren to inherit your bible and have it be an ASV or NIV which are at a 3rd grade level. That would be unbecoming.

KJV. Any bible translation made after 1970 is garbage.

why would anyone care what a reprobate thinks?

Douey rheims or however you spell it. Translated directly from the latin vulgate.

Awful advise. Do not start with the KJV OP, because it is very difficult to understand. You can tell that these people have never read the Bible and are only LARPing.

Get the NRSV Bible. It was translated by a council of renown bishops and important Christian intellectuals. It is translated to be easy to read, yet to also remain as close to the original as the language allows. It's a very impressive work.

It is not hard to understand. Its the version my dad had when I was growing up. You are absolutely wrong about me and my knowledge of scripture.

There is no perfect translation. KJV and NASB are okay, but they each have some faults. You really need to understand the Greek. The Biblehub.com has an interlinear feature that shows you the NT Greek side by side with the English.

NIV and the Message bibles are written by degenerates. Stay away.

Don't.
It's jewish drivel and not glorious at all.

King James 1611

Can you give examples of why they are, like scripture comparisons. Looking for the best version

*cough* shill *cough*

He's not wrong, KJV read by illiterates is half the problem. Where as NRSV is in proper English with words you'll understand the meaning to.

Grab em. Youre an antichrist cuck

King James was prolly a pedo

Just use that biblegateway webpage and read in whatever version you like. It has a handle drop down menu to change formats to whatever bible version you wish.

>includes the jewbilee version
In the trash

Not sure of who he is desu. I just know it's the most common book you'll find in the bible belt. Which also helps to explain why none of these bitches bother to try and read it.

I gave my opinions. Got one usual flag based response. Anyways God Bless you all. I'm outie for now and onto some other things

Leviticus 18:22 is not my opinion.

Reject all desert religions.
Non of the Abrahamic religions are European.

Your skin color is a false idol.

> Reject all desert religions.
Same, I'd just like to see people read this book for what it is. There is plenty within to turn people off.

Da Hawai`i Pidgin Bible.

It's like if the bible was put into the vernacular of 40k Orks.

"Da time wen eryting had start, God wen make da sky an da world. Da world come so no mo notting inside, no mo shape notting. On top da wild ocean dat cova eryting, neva had light notting. Ony had God Spirit dea, moving aroun ova da watta."

God did say he'd give power to the shitskin meek & foolish to prove the "wise" that they were wrong.

>translating a translation

Or ebonics-speaking orks

Day Numba One
Den God say, “I like light fo shine!” an da light start fo shine. God see how good da light. Den he put da light on one side, an da dark on da odda side. Da light time, he give um da name “Day time.” Da dark time, he give um da name “Nite time.” So, had da nite time an da day time, az day numba one.

Day Numba Two
Den God say, “I like get someting inside da middo, fo no let da watta up dea an da watta undaneat come togedda!” An dass wat God wen do. God make someting fo no let da watta up dea an da watta undaneat come togedda. Da ting inside da middo, God give um da name “Da Sky.” Had da nite time an da day time, az day numba two.

And then I'll follow your example and become a welfare leech

Also forgot to mention Geneva Bible as well.

Compare Psalms 68:16. KJV & Geneva are the better translation in this case.

Just go to biblegateway and read whichever one you want and/or multiple next to each other. Its the information age, dumbass.

Oh man, is this a thing? Is there somewhere I can reference this?

>It's not hard

Yes it is, the language is 400 years old you buffoon.

pidginbible.org/Concindex.html
Whole thing's there. It's actually very entertaining.

>Da Hawai`i Pidgin Bible.
>It's like if the bible was put into the vernacular of 40k Orks.
>"Da time wen eryting had start, God wen make da sky an da world. Da world come so no mo notting inside, no mo shape notting. On top da wild ocean dat cova eryting, neva had light notting. Ony had God Spirit dea, moving aroun ova da watta."

I just googled it, this is awesome. I know which bible I am reading! thank you

Delete this.

>pidginbible.org/Concindex.html
hahahahhaha thanks

The ten commandments are especially great.

> Dis me, Yahweh, yoa God, talking. Was me wen get you guys outa da Egypt land, wea you guys was slaves. You no go take odda gods fo you, cuz me, I da ony God fo you
> No go make idol kine gods fo yoaself dat look like anyting from up dea inside da sky, o from down hea on top da earth, o from inside da watta dat stay undaneat da groun. No go down in front da odda gods fo show um love an respeck, an no work fo dem. Cuz I yoa God Yahweh! An I one jealous God, if you go down in front da odda gods! Wen peopo do bad tings dat need punish, I go afta dem an I punish da ones dat hate me. An if dea kids do same ting, I punish dem too, an same ting wit dea grankids, an even dea great-grankids. But wen peopo show me love an aloha an do wat I tell um fo do, I stay stick wit dem, an dea kids, an dea grankids fo tousand generation!
>“No go use my name an ack like dat give you da right fo do any kine stuff. Cuz I Yahweh, an anybody use my name fo go do any kine stuff, no way I goin let dem go an no punish um.
>“No foget da Res Day. Make shua dat day stay spesho fo me. You work six days an do eryting you gotta do. But da Numba Seven Day, dass da Res Day. Stay spesho fo me, yoa God Yahweh. Dat day, no do work notting -- you, yoa boy, yoa girl, yoa slave guy, yoa slave wahine, yoa animals, da visita guy from odda place dat stay yoa town, erybody! Me, Yahweh, I work six days fo make da sky an da earth an da ocean, an all da tings dat get inside dem. But da Numba Seven Day, I res. Dass why I say da Res Day good, an I make um spesho fo me.
>“Show respeck fo yoa fadda an yoa mudda. If you do dat, den you goin live long time on top da land dat me, yoa God Yahweh, stay give you.

Dumbed down drivel is how Satan wins. KJV reads perfect in spoken English. Grab your dictionary.

>“No go murda nobody.

>“No go fool around behind yoa wife o husban back.

>“No go steal notting.

>“Wen you gotta say someting in front da judge fo make proof wat one nodda guy wen do, no bulai.

>“No go tink, ‘I like take da odda guy stuffs, an I goin take um!’ Dat mean, no go afta his wife, o his slave guy, o his slave wahine, o his cow, o his donkey, o wateva kine ting da odda guy get.”

>not reading the original Hebrew text

KJV is best version, although I have a NRSV because there were no decently priced KJVs that were hardcover and included the apocrypha.

>Implying pidgin isn't the only true language of god

i tink yooz a git

I've got this one from a course in university years ago. It's 2000 pages and a lot of it is indecipherable prose and repetitive af.

I don't believe that is the prevailing theory

>It is very hard to read
>Literally 3rd grade level reading

Spotted the brainlet.

Read the KJV or the NIV version. I read both, now I'm an atheist. Shit is fucked.

/thread

New American Standard Bible, New King James Version, or English Standard Version all are accurate word-for-word translations in modern English. Can't go wrong with any of these.

>Language is 400 years old therefore its old

Should we stop speaking English then? English is much older than that.

>O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged. Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels. Now for a recompense in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.

This is easy to understand to you?

youtube.com/watch?v=FAgDXZfOfx0
watch it. all of it

Sure with a dictionary, however the problem isn't if you or I can read it. We're talking about the illiterate who pick this up and can't make heads or tails of it. OR read very slowly as to break pace and lose interest. Given the amount of people who claim to be followers of said book and the amount who hasn't read it. We should be able to agree there might be a problem with the KJV.

>antichrist cuck
>fag flag
In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. -Romans 1:27-28

Stay away from the NIV. It was translated by this degenerate: Virginia Ramey Mollenkott.

Indeed it is. Is that HARD for you to understand? The translation originated in Bongl and it's still hard for you? Holy shit what are they doing to your education system?

If you had reading comprehension you would realize he meant that the English used in KJV is a 400-year-old form of English, and therefore is OLD. KJV does not use modern english which makes it unnecessarily more difficult.

t. has never actually read Old English like Chaucer or Shakespeare.

If you had you would understand how difficult it is to fully comprehend those works.

Pure pseud

Don't let (((them))) trick you into reading any translation; read the original King James version.

Yes. How is your educational system over there? Either way, there's resources that can help you pick a verse apart. It's better to do the digestion yourself than trusting some short-haired lady.

Thanks. I don't understand where he gets off calling me that.

>old English
I didn't no Shakespeare understood the language of the Anglo-Saxons

Understand is probably the way he meant it. Scholars have been studying it for 2000 years and there's still new understanding to be found.

This one:
skepticsannotatedbible.com/

>He runneth upon him, even on his neck, upon the thick bosses of his bucklers: Because he covereth his face with his fatness, and maketh collops of fat on his flanks.

What does this passage say?

You will Google I imagine since you're pretending.

>no
Might as well kill myself now

What?

Get the MacArthur NKJV Study Bible....it will change your life and is the ultimate red pill. John MacArthur is the most biblically sound pastor out there today

>Therefore its old

And? If that's the case then we should also tell historians not to read ancient texts because they're also "old". Fucking retard.

They're deceivers who believe only in salvation through faith. Their sorrow will be terrible when they fall. People argue the protestant catholic thing all the time, but can you imagine actually believing such a perversion of scripture as that? Believing you were saved and telling others?

John 8:32

Best read in a holy language, Greek, Latin, Aramaic, Slavonic etc.

A holy language is not an auxiliary language, each 'stem' or part of a word has a metaphyisical meaning.

>Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgement, mercy, and faith : these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.
Nope.

Shakespeare is modern english

rate mu Bible

amazon.com/Hebrew-Greek-Word-Study-Bible-Thumb-Indexed/dp/1617159867/ref=sr_1_22?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501037850&sr=1-22&keywords=spiros zodhiates

Are you aware of the fact that the Bible is a translation? Are you aware that the HJV was the most readable translation for the time, but since languages change and evolve that is no longer the case?

Do you even know that language changes over time? Are you aware of these things?

Well the one most christcucks use from my knowledge (at least american protestants) is the NIV. It's pretty easy to read.

>has never actually read Old English like Chaucer or Shakespeare

If they were difficult to understand then they wouldn't get the praise they deserve for their works. Just admit the fact that you're dumb.

I could never divorce belief in God with belief in his word and submitting to his commandments. It's one thing to be a sinner (we all are) but its another to sin and not be filled with godly sorrow. And even worse to tell others not to be filled with sorrow for their sins. I think deceiver is the right word for it.

Yes, humility, rising early, and dressing well are so terrible.

Read only the authorized KJV.

All the others were changed over the years to profit from sales, due to copyright laws.

>in order to avoid copyright violations it has to be at least 10% different from the original

The KJV was directly, and accurately transcribed from the texts

Does no actually mean yes?

>If they were difficult to understand then they wouldn't get the praise they deserve for their works

What? Why wouldn't they? The fuck are you talking bout?

the depth of those works IS why they get praised, dumbshit

new testament greek

>Do you even know that language changes over time? Are you aware of these things?

You act as if those translations are changed from Chinese to Arabic. Even dumb rednecks from south part of the U.S can understand KJV.

You just ignore molech passages eat bacon and the fact nobody is a levitical priest. That order is gone. Christ makes the Scripture "the law is a curse" come to life. The scripture there in original language says beds beds. And as you layeth. Female beds. And i dont as you layeth them at all. No male nor female in Christ im not getting the fuck into this again. Read the story about the ethiopian you dense pharisaical fuck

We fight over a lot of things. Mostly greed and ignorance, but most of all contempt for people who don't see the world as we do.