Jehovah's Witnesses

Do any witnesses browse Sup Forums?
Also discussion thread. They seem like the least cucked religion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u_ICo90vj8A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell#cite_note-112
bible.ca/trinity/trinity-modalism.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I work for a bunch of them in the trades. We've all had a lot of pretty open convos.
AMA I guess

>Jehovah's Witnesses
i'm a christcuck but i'll say that they are just as much of a cult as the mormons

why are they a cult?

Only Christians browse here

They are christians in most of their beliefs except they dont believe in hell or the trinity.

Bump

Are you a Shitness? Also rare thread, so bump

I was formerly for 10 years.

I have since became non-denominational as I don't view disfellowshiping as a Christian practice.
>Matthew 5:43-48

They also try to place the governing body between you, Christ and God.
>1 Timothy 2:5

Aside from that, they're lovely people.

>They also try to place the governing body between you, Christ and God.
>1 Timothy 2:5
Yeah, they're totally neutered politically.
Also, they don't like Uncle Adolf since he arrested the Shitness fags
But at least they know that the juden AREN'T God's chosen people

youtube.com/watch?v=u_ICo90vj8A

Disfellowshipping is really the only negative thing people bring up i have yet to see someone say something other than that and
>le christcuck
>le cult

A friend of mine at work is one.

She's fantastic, honest and trustworthy.

They don't vote or talk politics, but you can always count on them in a pinch.

The guys on the mountain bikes in the tuxedos seem like the least cucked? Please kill yourself tonight.

I hope Jana finds a husband

I used to be one. There is almost no transparency with how the organization operates other than showing how missionary work get assigned and how volunteers help print publications. This is especially shady business since they are taught that the "Governing Body" (The men who direct what material is published, what in theor version of the Bible needs revising; the HEAD HANCHOS) are divenly inspired from God.

The girls aren't very rebellious and chances are you will find a lot of cute virgins but it is NOT worth being in a brainwashed cult that will prevent you from enjoying anything that is OKAY with race mixing and opposed to Nationalism.

So not Christians at all then

Every religion is a cult, it's just that they shun the world.

Not everyone who's a JW has that cult vibe though.

Some families take shunning the world really far and won't even associate with certain people within the church outside of the hall itself.

Me too

They belive in christ so i guess that makes them christian?

thats actually based in the bible too.
In Corinthians the practice is described: If anyone does not repent he must be treated as if he were dead so to say until he repents.

The issue was that a man had taken in the wife of his father (not his mother, but still) and even the pagans had started to talk crap about the christians.

we are not. A cult follows a human leader, not the bible. But yes, since we consider ourself an international brotherhood that can appear cult-like from a distance.

that is also based in the bible and on what we know about the christians in the 1st century.
"My kingdom is not part of the world, otherwise my disciples would have fought so that I may not be handed over to you" spoke Jesus to Pilatus. And no christian in the first century kept his political or military office after his conversion.
"The whole world lies in the power of the wicked one" To take part in politics would be to become unwitting pawns of the devil and his system.
Christians are like ambassadors of the heavenly kingdom in this world. The ambassador of Grermany votes neither for democrats nor republicans in the USA.

I do occasionally. most of the time I am however on Sup Forums or on lain chan. I come here out of nostalgia mostly. Have been here since early 2007.

If you want detailed answers to your questions without talking face to face with a witness, you can always check out jw.org its the official website.

this exactly. Jesus was the chosen of God (chosen in greek: Christ)

They deny the trinity, one of the most central tenets of the Christian faith. They deny hell. They modify scripture to suit their unique dogmas and lack any kind of apostolic succession.

Matthew 7:21-23

Hello Swissness
What is your take on Jesus advocating for the selling of your coat and the purchasing a sword?
Also, did you just have a convention? Is it worldwide, or was it just in Canada this last weekend?

>God sent his SON jesus to earth
>god and jesus are the same
>mfw.jpg

I recently went to one it was nice they encourage bible reading and research unlike other religions

>
Some families take shunning the world really far and won't even associate with certain people within the church outside of the hall itself.
This is true. My mom who is still a witness would never mind if I played violent video games or hung out/ slept over with worldly kids. I feel really bad for the one's with VERY strict parents.
What are JW's like in Europe? I know American Protestanism and European Protestantism are viewed as being very odd to each other. Is the same thing true for JW's?

I feel like pretending to be a witness is a good choice to find a wife. But they are very tough on their own. So I think maybe a Lutheran is a good denomination to pretend to be in order to find a wife, since Luther was /ourguy/ before we had /guys/

"Then Jesus went from Galilee to the Jordan River to be baptized by John. But John tried to talk him out of it. “I am the one who needs to be baptized by you,” he said, “so why are you coming to me?”

But Jesus said, “It should be done, for we must carry out all that God requires.” So John agreed to baptize him.

After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.”"
>Matthew 3:13-17

I'm pretty sure the trinity is something the Catholic church started pushing.

>The Father and the Son are not of the same essence
>but we're monotheists somehow, we swear
>mfw.jpg

You have to marry in the truth as they put it.
Basically you must both be baptized and good people or you get disfellowshipped. Baptism can take a few years though.

Super culty and not racist enough

he meant that dangerous times was coming. He liked to use figures of speech ("I am the way" yet he did not turn into pavements. "I am the good vineyard" yet no grapes sprouted from his hair).
That very same sword was later used by Peter to hack off the ear of one of Jesus captors, but Jesus healed the wound and told Peter to put away his sword as "all those that take up the sword will die by the sword" a clear statement about pacifism for christians.

The conventions were worldwide, we had 3 here in Geneva: French, Portugese and English.

no modification to suit a dogma takes place, its usually the other way around. At the start of the 20th century we still had the cross and thought that everyone goes to heaven. When it became clear that this was not according to the Bible, the belief was changed.

Its about the Truth, not about finding a wife. Chose your religion after careful study of their doctrine and the behaviour of their members.

There are differences, I know a couple of our brothers from the states and you immediately realize that they are from the USA. This is not meant negatively.
There are cultural differences but the teaching is centralized:
If you ask a JW in the USA, Germany, Zaire or India about what happens when we die, you will always get the same answer and the same quoted bible texts.

exactly. It was not until the council of Nicea (I think thats its name) led by pagan emperor whatshisname and attended by less than 10% of all Bishops that such nonbiblical and pagan nonsense was accepted by many.

Raised a JW, 17 years growing up in the religion.

Undecided on faith as of now.

Other than dressing up as a gril in private occasionally, I'm a pretty good fucking person.
>Hard working
>trad values
>pro family
>drink responsibly (most Shitnesses are drunks)
>No swearing in front of women/children
>Support your community and the vulnerable ie) widows, children, elderly
>be respectful
>treat others as you want to be treated
>despise the evil devilish juden
No one will ever know about my dressing up, so I'm definitely a prize Witness husband

Former JW here. Never browsed this site until over a yr being out.

a relationship built on deception might not last all that long, if you think about it.

You just have to study with them for a bit and get baptized and there are lots of virgin qt 3.14

I could give a flying fuck about physics shattering magic tricks, or whatever.
I want White children with a good, moral, decent Christian wife.
Both of which are for sake of the well being of my future children.
I mean, you talk about truth, but believe in magic. Truth is empiricism, f a m a l a m

This you do more damage to your wife and her family than what you think

I can fool myself, mate. An emotional female will be extremely easy to fool.

well then you might as well examine the teachings of the bible further and either go all the way and find a JW wife or conclude that you disagree with the teachings and find a wife somewhere else.

But as mentioned already: The bible commands to "marry only in the lord". This is best for both: after all, will you be happy if your wife leaves for church twice a week and probably goes missionarizing at least once per week if not more? Will you be ok if most of her friends wont share your religion?

Also, keeping a single degenerate behavior from her doesn't mean I don't lover her.
I won't show that side of myself to my future children, but I will still love them.
If anything, the fact that I hide that aspect, PROVES that I love them. It's fucking degen. Fun and sexy, but degen

I don't get why a JW would even be on Sup Forums. The organization tells them to be apolitical and doesn't allow them to vote or feel any sort of patriotism. So what's the point of really keeping a close eye on politics if you can't do anything and you probably just believe the bad shit is a sign that paradise Earth is coming soon?

>will you be happy if your wife leaves for church twice a week and probably goes missionarizing at least once per week if not more?
>Exhibiting compassion for her community
>Attending a small, independent social group with strong in-group preferences twice a week
Fuck yeah, man. I'm already hard

Be informed about jewish schemes maybe?

They're like 90% black and they have files full of confessions they use to blackmail people who try to leave. Shit-tier cult

This.
Plus you can preach to Worldfags like me

>It's fucking degen. Fun and sexy, but degen
>future children
How's about you just don't pollute the gene pool, you closet tranny?

>we are not. A cult follows a human leader, not the bible. But yes, since we consider ourself an international brotherhood that can appear cult-like from a distance.
Your leader literally changed the date for the end of the world like 5 different times when the date it was supposed to end changed. google "1917 jehova's witnesses"

If you just want a quick way to get a wife you're better off being Mormon. There'd be far less strain on you than with a JW girl.

From what I've seen it depends on the area. My hometown the kingdom hall is all lily white. When I lived in Memphis I only saw black JWs. I actually offered them water since I felt sorry for them sitting there with their cart in the scorching hot sun.

>Implying that Wiemar level degeneracy is genetically inheritable
Read a history book, asshole. Uncle Adolf rooted this shit out as quickly as the kikes introduced it

>90% black
Their governing body has one black guy

The bible commands us to be neutral, that is true. And to not let nationalism divide our spiritual brotherhood as it divides the churches.

Nonetheless all JWs are passionate about politics, more as a specator sport than participants of course. This is because we are all awaiting the end of this system of things when God destroys the human organizations and installs his kingdom here on earth.
The book of Daniel and Revelation (as well as some part of the gospels) predict a few political situations that will occur right before that happens.

you seem very young. But thats ok. Just think before you act.

yes, and instead of claiming to be infallible they went "oopsie, we were wrong".
Thats what I like about it: Its like in science (actual science, not popsci or highschool science): You have a rough model, you notice that it does not really match reality in some cases, so you refine it. rinse, repeat.

What did not change was that 1914 Jesus began to reign as King in heaven. What was wrong was thinking that now immediately after that happened, the end would come.
Turns out that there were still tons of stuff to do and prophecies to be accomplished until then.
Its been a very long time since anyone dared to suggest a year for the end, after all Jesus clearly said that "No one knows but the Father, not even the angels or the son" when his Apostles asked him about the time of the end.

this is made up from whole cloth. There is literally not even a hint of truth in your statements.

look where u are now

If you're so mentally weak you find it acceptable to prance about in women's clothing like the hedonist faggot you are, it doesn't matter if it's possible to inherit degeneracy. Your ape-tier genes will consign any children you might have to the bottom of the bell curve by themselves.

The only JW's i know are blacks kek
Im friends with em but still a bizarre religion

Why exactly are you browsing a worldly website, in a political board? You know very well the elders will disagree with what you are doing, or are you an elder yourself?

>Mormon
Meh. It's mostly misinterpreted make believe, based on evolutionary archetypes.
Who really cares which brand of make believe you pretend to follow to get some trad trim, if the archetypes are the same?
The only difference is the social toughness of the Shitnesses. They have stronger in-group preferences, which is both an advantage and a disadvantage.
Also, I think it's worth noting that Charles Taze Russel, who gave speeches at (((freemason))) lodges, is buried under a (((masonic))) pyramid with a (((masonic))) cross in the capstone. Pic so related it hurts.

they are fucking bizarre and the families and people involved are always off in varying degrees. stay away from that shit unless your a pedo looking for a system to get you that tight young nut you so crave

i used to be a JW, was raised in it, its pretty non degenerate. i guess i still am, but i dont go to the meetings anymore. they hate the jews more the hitler did.

I consider this my territory.
I know there are some on Sup Forums (maybe not on this board) that would not even open the door to a pizza delivery man.
Others are genuinely searching for truth and have been disappointed by both religions and politics.
A firefighter cannot chose to only wake up those living in mansions when there is the threat of a fire. Those in slums must have their chance too.

The churches hate them too because (((they))) know theyre a threat. Witnesses are banned more than mudslimes and kikes
Really gets the nogging joggin

I'm exaggerating it a lot. But it's definitely something I would never share with another human being, least of which my family. Also, it's funny how nonjudgemental the Shitnesses are, and how judgemental the trinitycucks are LOL

I've seen that before too.

What would him being a freemason mean for the religion though?

I'm not familiar with the Illuminati and Freemasons at deeper levels.

Are the Freemasons satanic?

Never thought of it that way but youre right this can be a form of preaching kek i can imagine it a bunch of witnesses preaching to nazis and loli lovers

the churches are envious and afraid. Look at russia were we were recently banned (again): Its the othodox church that has been pushing for that since the mid 90s. Afraid of our growth and the fact that the bible forbids liasons between state and church.

It was kind "hip" at that time. Neither is actually what the public thinks it is. At that time they were "just" clubs. Today they are just dying clubs.

Based

>the mean christcuck is saying my favorite degeneracy is degenerate jesus never said anyone was wrong bawwwwwww

The religion has really good explanations for things going on today like satan ruling the world and stuff

My sister was a heroin addict who became clean and a JW. I could at least talk to her when she was a heroin addict...

The only jdub I've personally known was my uncle who was an obsessed Star Trek fan who lived with his mother until he was moved to a home in his 50s due to dementia.

Adam Weishaupt was a jew who subverted the freemasons in 1776.
Since then, they have been Khaballah worshiping jew lovers. Remember that Jesus called the juden the "Synagogue of Satan." Also, Russel (an "illuminatti" family dynasty) gave speeches in the San Fran Freemason lodge saying, "Although I have never been a Mason ... Something I do seems to be the same as Masons do, I don't know what it is; but they often give me all kinds of grips and I give them back, then I tell them I don't know anything about it except just a few grips that have come to me naturally."
Jewpedia link: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell#cite_note-112
Jus sayin

you are both wrong.
Jesus raged against the Jews who at that time were still Gods chosen people and had a responsibility to follow his commandments such as to not desecrate the temple. They did not do that.
He was full within his right to do so as they should have known better.

Towards those that did not even know God he and his disciples were "softer" because they simply did not have the background necessary to understand. Nonetheless after someone had understood the requirements and refused to follow them, they were not treated pleasantly.

Illustration: The drill sarge chews out a marine for getting dirt on his boots: OK.
The same Drill Instructor does that to a civilian: very bad.

which one? JWs or the religions that hate us?

It's a fake religion similar to Mormons and Scientology. You can make the case that JW and Mormons promote good family culture and are good because of it.

Why do you guys not report rape within the church to authorities? Seems like every other story I read about JoHo's somebody got touched by their uncle and some council decided to keep it under raps.

Pretty uncool if you ask me.

What trade were you in?

Jw the biblical prophecies are astoundingly acurrate if you read into them

Also, Hitler banned the freemasons from Germany

thats pretty much the opposite of what happens.
If a rape occured you bet that the authorities will be informed. If they are not and the "higher ups" get to know it, they will come down hard on the congregation.

We are fully aware that, according to the bible, we are a "theater piece for the world". People are watching us closely and any misconduct will be pointed out. It is thus important not just to comply with any law that does not go against the Bible (reporting rapes does not) but to make sure we "do not cause stumbling" for others.

JWs are and were hated by some of the most powerful states, religions and organizations of this world. If rape and rape cover up were commonplace, you bet it would be all over the news all the time.

It is a consequence of trying to live after the bible.

true. Take the example Jesus prophecy of the destruction of Jerusalem: The christians knew exactly what to do and when to do it, even though it seemed to make no sense from the human point of view.

Hmmmm, too much info already given out, fellow leaf.
I know Shitnesses who are in many different trades, but I won't divulge mine. Why do you want to know? Do you know some Shitnesses who are in the trades/run their own businesses?

I'm not entirely sure about the divisions of this particular sects, but I've met quite a few Latter-Day Saints around town here. There's actually a very large population. I think they're related to JWs, and they're all part of the greater Mormon religion, if I'm not mistaken?

Anyways they all seem like very nice people, but they're definitely cult-like. I went to a mass or whatever they call it with my parents. I was young so I don't remember much, but all I remember is they kept talking to us and asking us what we thought and kept pressuring us to go to more sermons, and my dad was finally like "okay fuck off. We're Catholic. I just went as a sign of friendship to my boss. Please leave us alone." And they did. You need to be very direct with them because they look for "lost and wandering souls" because they know they're weak. I mean, I get it, and it's very christian of them to want to help others, but it's a little much sometimes. There's also a lot of reformed drug addicts and alcoholics in there around here, and it just feels like it's another drug for them to push on others and soak up whenver they need it.
Overall, not a bad religion, and I'd rather live next door to JWs/LDSs than a fucking atheist.

>They seem like the least cucked religion
What did he mean by this?

I miss the cheese danishes and hoagie sandwiches at the district conventions but learning

>JW's were affiliated with the UN from 1991-2001

and that there were

>1006 unreported child sex abuse cases in Australia in 2015

were when the house of cards came falling for me...

Always ask yourself how "God's Mouthpiece" could be so wrong and constantly need to have new light.... it'll really get your almonds activated.

Yes there's hundreds around town here and all along the highway in farming communities. Mostly carpenters. I don't really give a fuck about them so I'll give info.
Ask me actually anything

Ummm, okay.
What province? Are you one of them?

The priests (elders) of the congregation are given a code book called "The Elders Handbook" or something like that.

Only the elders in the congregation are aloud to read it but it can be found online easily, although it's highly discouraged that any members look for it.

They're given instructions now on how to handle such an event and I'm almost positive it says that they have to involve the police if a crime has been committed.

The Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses are radically different theologically. The only common areas is both started in America and Joseph Smith and Charles Russell were both trying to seek out the truth of God's word. Well and both were affiliated with Freemasonry.

Ontario.
No I'm not one of them.

The key difference between LDS and JW, I think, is that when the book of mormon disagrees with the bible, the LDS dismiss the bible.
When the JW literature disagrees with the bible, the JW dismiss the literature.

I think it was not "the" UN but some tertiary adjunct sub-organization.

I can make no statement about the veracity of those numbers. I do not know how they came to be nor how trustworthy they are.

exactly. Not only goes child rape against pretty much everything in the bible, in most countries we are legally obligated to report it.

Which highway?

>they encourage bible reading and research unlike other religions
Reading - yes
Independent "research" - not!

JWs believe in Modalism which is biblically unsound
here's the breadpill
bible.ca/trinity/trinity-modalism.htm

>what is picking up your bible and cross referencing

>aloud
*allowed*

My neighbors are Jehovahs Witnesses. Even time they door that door to door bullshit I am first. They are nice people and we get along, but I am Catholic.

Mormons believe the Bible is correct "as long as it's translated correctly" while the Book of Mormon is 100% correct due to God helping Ol' Joe out in the translation process. It's not necessarily a bad position and I don't know if there's really many instances of the two disagreeing anyway.

jehovas witnesses and mormons are weird but they are usually nice people

17. I live along the Trans-Canada highway in Northern Ontario. Lots of JWs up here.
Just asked my buddy too and they are JW not LDS like I thought.

no we do not. From the site you linked modalism is de-facto trinity. Which is not at all what the Bible teaches.
Jesus says clearly that the father is greater than he is. And nowhere is the holy spirit treated as an independent person.

well the very existence of another inspired book after the bible was finished is already a pretty strong disagreement with the bible.
Revelation says that "new scrolls will be opened" but only after har-mageddon, not before.

Mormons don't believe the Book of Mormon was written after. They believe it started during the Old Testament period and ended some time after Jesus's America visit. So they don't see the Revelation stuff as going against it. Joseph Smith just translated it into English from the original language it was written in. I don't personally believe it but I can see it not necessarily being the craziest stance.

that is... honestly even worse.
Dont you think that the bible would at least contain some hints that another, inspired book existed that is super important?
I mean it mentions other books, some inspired some non "the book of the wars of Jehovah" and "The book of the days of the Kings" or "The vision of Ido" (IIRC) but nowhere does it mention the book of mormon.

And Jesus coming to America, I mean come on...
Why not Switzerland?