Oldfags question

Looking for Oldfags. Is security like vpns and linux and tor and shit required to lurke and post on Pol? I'm always paranoid I'm going to stumble across a thread to close to home and end up dead. Am I gonna be alright ? Lol. Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

board.4hcan.org/pol/
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/VPN
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Anonymizing_yourself
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Botnet
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Security
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unless ur doing something illegal like telling people how to make bombs n shit ur fine. If u stumbled across something illegal it should be fine aslong as u aren't parcipiating in it

If they want to find you they will find you vpn or not

oldfags all left
this is nu/pol/

Fuck off shill. Anyone associated with shareblew will be found and sent for a helicopter ride. You chose your fate. Stop sliding threads.

If you haven't been running one ever since you're a normie, you probably already have a profile that's being analyzed by algorithms. Even if you could hide your info, it wouldn't help against the big boys.

If that were true, then old fags are pussies.

you will be fine user.... just dont go getting in arguments with everyone.... you never know.... but lurking and just general discussions you should be fine.

Every vpn I use gets banned after a few posts. If you use a pass to get round the range blocks...

just use netherland vpns

you wont die for posting on the internet this isnt china.

im sure they will assasinate you for posting pepes in a leaker thread.

who are they and can you give a statement to back up that assertion.

Can confirm dutch VPN best VPN

>implying the cyber police will come after you

What are you, 8?

I never would have believed I would do this, but

What u hinting at

Oldfag here. GNU/Linux is compromised. Use OpenBSD. Tor is compromised, you should just write your own encryption algorithm. I don't talk to anyone. Chans are terrible for organization. This is an outlet, just for shitposting. Real activists don't use chans because we are lazy and stupid and can't get a single thing done. Serious business does not happen here or any other imageboard. Its all shit, its always been shit, and each year is more shit than the year before. VPNs are OK for pirating music and video but there is no way you can really be safe from state adversaries, they have too many resouces for you to go up against. Your only hope is to make your own one-time pads for sharing messages because the mathematical principles are established, but if you use anybody elses operating system, hardware, or software, you are fucked the second you step out of line. Evrything is recorded online and within earshot of a microphone. That is just the way it is, don't try and fight it. Stay legal and leave the hardcore activism for the useful idiots. You can still maintain your beliefs but if you want to run in the circles of hardcore activists, that usually ends in disaster. Watch the movie, The Bieder-Meinhoff Complex (about the Red Army Faction). You don't want to end up like that user, you should gave children and make a woman happy while you secure the FUTURE, by not embracing self-destructive behaviors. I don't like a lot of things and maybe the time will come for some crazy shit, but its not going to be made right by an Elliot Rogers or a similar lone autist. Just my opinion, I'm sure its a disappointment for you but you should really just get in shape, read more, work on your disaster preperations, have kids, and build your fun collection to protect those you lovs. That is growing. The other path is self-destruction for a sick society that hasn't decided that it is time to quit their bad-habits yet. Wew, OK lad, good luck to you and all of us. Salute!

this

I know 2 brit/pol/ guys that we lost when this shit happened in 2014. Memories are short.

Use a VPN if you don't want butthurt mods to dox you, but it's useless for anything beyond that.

>GNU/Linux is compromised. Use OpenBSD.

OpenBSD is the one with the FBI backdoor. Linux isn't compromised.

It's easier to assume that everything you post, every thread you enter, every image you click on, and every website you visit has been logged and is stored somewhere that can be accessed by some means or fashion by someone with the intent to do so. However, since everyone is being monitored in this way, the people that are actively flagged are ones who engage, encourage, or provide materials and instructions to commit illegal activity.

So, I just lurk and post rarely, and when I post, I make sure not to say anything illegal. Even then, I know that somewhere there is a log of everything I've done on the internet. Luckily, many governments do not have the time and/or resources to chase after people posting their opinions and reading the opinions of others that they don't agree with. That's why the shill business is thriving.

Thank you ! Agreed. Best wishes to you and everyone

Haha makes sense. Thanks

Nah, I've been here since the beginning. Never had a problem, even on Sup Forums.

Tape your webcam and just say it wasn't you.

Who knows in 5-10 years users and info from here could be referable to see if you are an evil nazi.

>Tor is compromised, you should just write your own encryption algorithm
this

Linux kernels are completely open source and open. Thats its whole point you fool.I f it was compromised it would be outed a long time ago by hackers. You can literally look at the source code and read the mailing lists as it was built.

Proof? I've been an amateur security guy for a few years, just for fun, and I haven't read this anywhere. Spent a few years on Sup Forums, /tech/, and /cyber/, here and on a few other chans. OpenBSD has some binary blobs, thus FreeBSD, but there were some problems with politics with their dev team, so back to OpenBSD. Not all GNU/Linux distros are bad, but there are many NSA exploits of the kernel that were revealed by WikiLeaks last year. Its effectively unsafe, but of course Windows is fucked beyond all repair, they are jacked right into the NSA. You are better to run GNU/Linux than Windows, but if you care about a hard setup then you want the containers of OpenBSD. Now Gentoo Hardened with GRSecurity is often touted as "the" distro of secure GNU/Linux computing, but was still just as vulnerable to all those NSA exploits published in just the last year. My opinion is that any distro with SystemD is also plugged straight into NSA headquarters.

Numerous successful unmaskings of users over a period of years. Many documented cases of unmasking found on even a lazy person's web search. Its simply not good at what it is advertised to be. You need to use end-to-end encryption to be secure. You can never be secure with a middle-man decrypting your content.

Thanks brothers.

Pottering-ware disagrees with you

you nailed it

I've been browsing Sup Forums for years without any VPN/tor/proxies and I'm still alive and have not been visited by any autorities.

I do use Linux on all my computers but that's because it's easier for me to work and do projects on Linux than on windows. It also means I'm not in the microsoft botnet but that's just a side effect.

You can browse Sup Forums on windows without any proxies and nobody will care unless you do something dumb like break your countries laws.

Taping your webcam doesn't do shit if you don't also figure out a way to disable your onboard microphone.

That's not true!!

nah we still visit every once and then but the amount of pseudo intellectual talk and 14 year old style memes have killed this place. Personally I do IRL activism and don't LARP online like 99% of this place now.

you obviously wouldn't know this because you are a 2016 election refugee who deserves the noose, but hey

Golden marge

No.
Stop hiding.
Stop being embarrassed.
Stop being afraid.
Be bold.
Don't be a faggot.
Use Linux for internet, windows for gaming.
Having edgy opinions is not illegal.
Grab the bull by its horns.
Don't waste money on vpn unless you absolutely need to get around a blockage.
Don't use TOR. You will just draw unnecessary attention to yourself.

Tor is broken. FBI shutting down pedo, guns, and drug sites 2 or 3 per year. Just don't do illegal shit.

Just use the ssl link to /pol

board.4hcan.org/pol/

NSA likely has all the private keys from third parties to find out who you are anyways.

use SOCKS5 if you want to use a free vpn, also TOR is a viable option

VPN nigga. Get one.

fuck you shill

Stop fearing ZOG and their flabby intel agencies. They are on the wrong side of history. God is with US. THEY should be living in fear.

>all these new fags claiming to be old
ive been here since 2013 ie a real old fag. you losers are nu/pol/ haha

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/VPN
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Anonymizing_yourself
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Botnet
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Security

you'll be fine, if you've rawdogged this site, you're already on a list. installing linux, GNU/Linux excuse me, by itself is not a privacy measure, unless you're moving from windows10 and no longer have to deal with the spyware. Tor's major strength is the amount of users. But when it comes down to it, they'll break your privacy measures if they wanted to unless you're doing some super autistic shit.

Jokes on them. I'm behind 7 proxies.

We lurk more than post. Better that way, unless you like spouting nonsense, and sounding like a retard.

(((they))) are (((them)))

socks5==tor

Still here. Lurk mostly unless newfags get out of hand.