Archive meme

Can someone explain this "Remember to archive" meme?

Is Sup Forums literally too stupid to use an ad blocker?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/BKgDQ
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_597960bde4b02a8434b3d993?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

archived

god's work, user.

opps xDD
archive.is/BKgDQ

You're either new or retarded
>Archive the page, if anything changes it can be traced back
>Sites still get traffic even with ad blocker

some sites get revenue for clicks

based archive poster.

Listen to the jew, OP.

Based jew is right.

Ad agencies don't accept the site's internal traffic log as a hit since it can be corroborated by third-party trackers.

If you use ad blocker, they also block third-party audience trackers, so as far as ad revenue calculation goes, the site received no hit, no money, but spent money on bandwidth.

If you use the archive link, the site doesn't end up losing money on bandwidth, the operator of archive.is does.

*since it can't be fully corroborated

It keeps an archived copy of the original piece. This way articles can't just be changed in the future. Also it stops them from getting ads and traffic.

too new to not even know or understand the importance of archiving let alone know about based nordbot

>Archive the page, if anything changes it can be traced back

oh fuck they backtraced it

we done goofed Sup Forums

blasphemer.

It goes beyond ads. Make them drop in Alexa rankings too. Anything to deflate the media. Besides, if you're only using an adblocker and not a javascript blocker too, these sites are still collecting your information, most likely to sell to others. It's best to archive regardless. I used to post screenshots of articles for just that reason before the archive site was being used.

Watch this. m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_597960bde4b02a8434b3d993?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

Sup Forums is also where a lot of viral content begins its life cycle. When you share a link it might end up being copypasted to hundreds of twitters with millions of followers. Journalists and bloggers also copy links verbatim I've noticed (which is why it's often random whether a certain writer links to a site or its archived version in the final article). A lot of those demographics don't have ad blockers.

fuck off CNN

>I'm too stupid to understand the point of internet archives

Stop being dumb OP

I like to think of us as the boiler room of the meme express/alternative media

this

OP is a summerfag

>Ad agencies don't accept the site's internal traffic log as a hit since it can't be corroborated by third-party trackers
Except it can.

But let's assume you're right for a moment, it still gives them negotiating power with advertising agencies.