Is there any WWII movie that displays the german army accurately?

Is there any WWII movie that displays the german army accurately?
I just watched Band of Brothers and what a pile of shit that was.

>shermans destroying tigers like it was nothing
>german soldiers have no fucking idea what the fuck they are doing all the time

What about dunkirk is it worth to watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yu9Q2ZHfROM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fury had an "accurate" portrayal of a tiger. Pretty much holed shermans.It got blown up for the sake of plot though.

>fury
>Tiger engages shermans head on with a few meters distance
>not using his gun to shoot them from his cover
>realistic

this is more of a thread
I don't think "Band of Brothers" and "The Pacific" are bad for what they are
smarmy but accesible illustrations of war

They got their shit pushed in for 6 months straight all the way back to Germany.
I'd say incompetence is a pretty accurate description.

How bout that last battle in Fury was that realistic?

Did the Germans not lose ground on the western front? Oh wait.. they did.

I know that the TV series The Pacific is the best series I've ever watched. It was about the pacific theater though. Way better than Band of Brothers and better than Hacksaw Ridge, a movie that people claim to be great.

Almost nobody agrees, but The Pacific is much better than Band of Brothers. Give it a shot.

Unsere mütter unsere väter is what you are looking for I think.

I've got bad news about Dunkirk...

>shermans killing tigers
76mm shermans were very much killing a tiger 1
btw german tanks were overengineered unreliable garbage

Come and See by Elem Klimov

A German movie "Stalingrad". The best war movie I've seen

"Stalingrad", not the gay Hollywood "enemy at the gates" shit

Dunkirk makes no mention of Germans whatsoever. Only "The enemy"

The Germans did make a lot of mistakes as whole thanks to poor leadership and recruiting soldiers who weren't even old enough for battle.

That show was awesome.

yes goy don't look too hard into this film or you may discover it was made entirely by jews

Generation War is quite good imo.

Dunkirk shows German troops only at the very very end. The air battles are somewhat realistic. The naval scenes are very good. Worth a watch

I really enjoyed Dunkirk. It doesn't really "portray" the Germans. It's more of a survival movie.

The Pacific was definitely my favorite of the two.

Fury 76mm Sherman could frontally penetrate a tiger at 500m easily. Fight would be over with tiger maybe taking out 1 Sherman then being knocked out.

I agree 100%

This was great, probably my favorite WW2 production period

Some other movies where the germans aren't portrayed as Johnny Quest goons:

Stalingrad
A Bridge Too Far
Das Boot
Patton
Cross of Iron

both fury and the sherman from band of brothers are late model 76mm firefly shermans redesigned to kill tanks. Also the tiger destroyed when the Armour links up with the airborne is a tiger 1 which was updated after 18 months . the tiger mark 2 is the tanks that the allies feared .

Das Boot is seriously one of the best ww2 movies

It was okay
Really not focused on the Germans
I did find that it was a bit repetitive and confusing at times, it was following 3 different people's stories, the guy driving a private boat to Dunkirk, a spitfire pilot and a soldier trying to get out, but they didn't really mix them together well I don't think, for examples it will be following one scene then switch to the spitfires story several hours in the past, there are scene where it's obviously night and in the next it's day time again a few hours before
The entirety of the story was basically oh I got on a boat, oh no it got torpedoed, that's okay I'm get on a nother boat, oh no it was bombed by stuka's but that's okay, I found a abandoned fishing boat, oh no it's being used as target practice by Germans
The spitfire scenes we're alright I guess
6/10 it was alright

The Tiger could obliterate the sherman at 2km

The German war guilt was laid on far too thick for me to make it through.

Wait 10-20 more years and there will be movies of half hispanic half black american transgender lesbian women destroying Tiger tanks and diving Stukas with rainbow lazer beams while Thor, Iron man, Captain America, Hulk and time travelling Obama applause them

You saw nothing yet kid, nothing

I think the Hollywood Jews are finally starting to realize pozzed out movies aren't as profitable as they used to be. They'll try to be more subtle in their subversiveness.

This movie is actually quite accurate and doesn't wrongfully interpret history. In the movie they mention how everyone expects a peace treaty after the battle. They mention how it was a colossal defeat for the British. It's definitely worth the watch. Nolan does great with this. It's obviously a story that displays the British as heroes, but there is nothing in it that displays the Nazi's as monsters. It's just a war film from the British perspective, no more no less.

Your life must be miserable if you weren't on the edge of your seat when the speakers were roaring in the theater. The movie was intense and fantastic.

>Is there any WWII movie that displays the german army accurately?

If history won't, why would you expect Hollywood to?

What kind of name is "Elem"? Jewish?

There were no 2km tank fights on the western front. Both tanks were easily capable of killing each other at 'combat range'. They purposefully made the American tank weaker because kraits get butt hurt when they get assblasted in movies.

that film is utter wank.

try Tali-Ihantala 1944

The wheel of progress rolls in one way only. You can slow it down but the outcome will still be the same. Hollywood Jews won't cease until our comprehensive understanding of our own history has been erased with our history all together.

It doesn't really portray the Nazis at all. There is no perspective of them aside from bullets coming from their guns. It only really portrays the British.

Saw it last night, good suspense movie, didn't really have an agenda just depicted Dunkirk from the British perspective, pretty devoid of goofy heroics/Nazi boogeymen.

>It's a wehrboo thread

fuck off sausage eating surrender monkeys

>His parents were staunch communists and his first name was an acronym derived from the names of Engels, Lenin and Marx.

also do it again

>that delusion
M4 Sherman's were slaughtered by tigers

I saw Valerian tonight. I was fantastic. I liked it as much as I liked The Fifth Element.

I was worried the aliens where going to be portrayed as "noble savages" but they where more like classic sci-fi, pulp inspired, nymphs or sea-elves. There were also some dumb as fuck tiny-headed dindu aliens that where used as comic relief and had a fight scene with. There were little jew aliens that nickel and dimed the protagonists. SPOILER: The human commander turns out to be the "bad guy" because he was responsible for the destruction of the sea-elf aliens homeworld. He says "They are a bunch of SAVAGES!" and that the political ramifications are more important than any stupid savages lives. This isn't portrayed as super evil. It's portrayed as a reasonable logic and he isn't killed (like in Avatar). Even the sea-elves understand that they were just collateral damage.

Besides all that, the movie was visually fantastic. The comic timing was great. The sci-fi ideas were novel and kept coming. I really liked the lead characters. They where sarcastic and dry witted. They killed when they had to and got on with their job.

I give it a 9/10

>What about Dunkirk is it worth to watch?
>Nolan decides to buy into the memes and believe the Germans actively bombed them on the beaches as they waited for transport
You tell me, because that's not what happened in the least.

Valerian wasn't nearly as bad as people say. Even the Rihanna stuff was good.

So... this is the power of famous millenial attention span

Most sherman losses were due to dug in AT gun positions and infantry with panzerfausts.
The most common German armour on the western front were PZIVs and StuGs, neither of which were hard for even a 75mm sherman to disable.

Panthers were unreliable turds liable to lighting on fire rolling off their transport trains.
Tiger 1s were outdated.
Tiger 2s were so rare they might as well have been unicorns.

>oh look I watched this new movie
>I expected the Jews to fuck me in a big way, but it wasn't all that bad I swear!
That's why I stopped watching new hollywood movies 9 years ago. Even if downloaded by torrent for 'free' it's still brainwash

I got dragged along to Dunkirk but was pleasantly surprised. I especially enjoyed the aesthetic, the visual style reminded me of colourised war footage

Germans lost but they inflicted heavy heavy casualties, americans and societs could noy beat them without overwhelming numbers artillary tanks or a mixture of all of those. Their squad tactics and infantry were the best

So i wouldn't say shit pushed in, they certainly gave everyone hell

Valerian isn't a HollyJew movie. I haven't gone to a theater in years, but I had good feelings about this movie. I agree almost all modern movies are garbage.

Can you dumbass stop believing everything they say in 'american'-jewish documentaries?

this

war is like a demon that destroy soldier 's mind
it will destroy everything .no any honor left
no human interaction

Noland display war as something "Unhuman"
it make me feel happy to see german soldier appear in the last scene

I checked the wikipedia page and have to admit with this particular movie my opinion was a hit and miss of highest caliber, still I hope you can understand my suspicions

I watched one History Channel WWII documentary and my IQ dropped by at least 5 points, irreversibly

Das Boot is a great film, one of the best naval films.

Very good taste. Talvisota / Winter War is also 10/10 war movie, how do the finns do it?

>put captured soldiers from countries that hate Germany as your first line of defence at Normandy
>wonder why so many of your soldiers surrendered without firing a bullet for you

Nazis are retarded mate

I did say "for plot" you illiterate Italian scum. Since youre obviously drunk on your shit wine to drown out the memories of your deported African migrants girlfriend, I'll make it simple.

Please leave the discussion for those who weren't compete, irredeemable incompetent fucktards in the war or any war since.

That Pak 75 at the tree line would've been the real killer of those tanks. Wehraboos don't realize how rare tank on tank fights actually were. No one would want to see real life, where the US shoots 15,000 105 shells into that tree line and sends a rifle company to pick through the dead kraut pieces.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yu9Q2ZHfROM
New one is coming out, remake of the unknown soldier.

pacific was the real war
euro war was jewry

Germany needed 2 months to defeat France and to capture it all.Despite having a smaller navy,less tanks and equal amount of planes.
US/UK combined plus allies despite outnumbering the Germans in almost everything such as airforce(1:100), navy (1:1000),army (1:3), logistics,intelligence(Engima).Need 3 month to break out of Normandy after being mauled, and needs another 4 months to occupy the rest.Some areas couldnt be captured until may 1945.
Most losses of the allies occured between June 1944 and May 1945.Losses in the Pacific Theater around 100,000 from 1941 to 1945.Losses from summer of 1944 to spring 1945 around 200.000 for the americans alone.

If anything the performence of the US was mediorce at best.The performence of the German Army is an example of how to make the best out of the situation and extracting as much blood and material from a vastly superior enemy.

except that the kill ratio was 1:12 for Tiger units.Tigers almost always fell to enemy air support and logistics not to tanks.Not bad for unreliable garbage.

Such thing never happend.If ever it was the other way around, few germans beat the allies to pulp until overcome by sheer numbers and firepower.

It must be because all the liberal retarded children bitch and cried because they didn't have any black, gay or tranny characters in it. So the movie must be doing something right.

>>shermans destroying tigers like it was nothing
When did that happen? IIRC the only time Shermans vs Tiger happens one tiger destroyes four or five of them and they lose the town?
The part early on the Shermans and infantry outnumbered the Germans, who had a Jagdpanther and a Stug, but not Tigers.

>Get into situation where enemy outnumber you 1000 to 1 on sea, 100 to 1 in the air and 3 to 1 on land
>and that's just western front
>b... but nazis were so smart and superior, I swear guys

Maybe you shouldnt mess with players out of your league? Friendly reminder that it was german intelectuals who declared war on the USA while being already engaged in war war against UK and USSR.

Exactly , real war is not nice or fair but it needs to be portrayed that way in Hollywood movies because people usually side with the underdog.
It would be not nice to portray the allies using thousands of bombers on a small frontline to pulverize a few tanks and grenadiers of the Panzerlehrdivison and even then they needed two approaches to punch through.On numbers alone the war should have been over in a month or so yet the germans were tactically superior to everything the allies throw at them.Extracting the maximum amount of casualties,slowing them down as best as they could.

Tiger Is were absolute shit. Only good thing about them was the 88 and maybe the targeting. Shitty armor, bad transmission. Panthers and King Tigers were the kings of the battlefield until Pershings came along and evened it out.

The Pacific was so fucking boring, the only good segments were the battles and Snafu.

Am I the only one who thought this movie was a fucking mess? I get that it's supposed to be a "contemporary" film style, but I swear by the 2/3 point I was just waiting for it to end.

>No character development
>Little to no dialogue
>Sound and music score was butchered
>Convoluted, almost no sense of storytelling

Based off the reviews, its outstanding, but I really felt it missed the mark.

You mean the new Call of Duty?

>no character development
>little to no dialogue
oh boy I surely love when they start talking about their families during the war movie! Or better yet, a flashback to the childhood! Really makes you care about the characters.
>sound and music score butchered
Are you retarded? Or did you watch a cam rip?

Only a few scenes are acurate in regards of how the Wehrmacht was doing things.
1) uniforms are acurate ... of course
2) having two brothers in one platoon where the older is the lieutenant? NEVER!
3) having an unmotivated coward (early Friedhelm) in a motorised infantry company? Not gonna happen. Early Friedhelm would've been drafted for echelon duty
4) young recruits yelling "freßt Krupp Stahl" over to the enemy ... srsly NO! Recruits were literally shitting their pants during their fire baptism
5) portrayal of the AK ... quite acurate, as the butthurt reactions of Polacks revealed
6) SD officer shooting a child in the head in front of two witnesses? Bullshit!
7) SD officer commandeering local militia who took bitter vengence on soviet collaborators, ethnic Russians and Jews? Yes, totally happened and is documented fact

I do not believe the 76mm smoothbore can do what you're saying it could do. Unless it was a firefly or some other upgraded Sherman chassis. As the one you see in Fury is a firefly. The Smooth Bore could not fire a sufficient apcr round. Typically a shot from the side would be attempted to try to burn ammo down in its rack.

>sound and music butchered

You're either a retarf or saw it in a shitty cinema. The sound and music in this film were fucking amazing.

t. Sound Engineer

There aren't a whole lot of war movies I would want to watch anyway. Das Boot is one of the very few

Kek. maybe read some actual history and dont look at saving private shlomo like a historic fact.

ever seen galaxy quest? americans are doing the same thing with their shitty war films as the aliens did with star trek.

Declared war on them because their ally did. So, morally superior as well.

>shermans destroying tigers like it was nothing

Shermans regularly destroyed Tigers. That's part of why Germany lost the war.

German soldiers lost the war, largely because they and their commanders had no fucking idea what to do.

Luc besson is one of the last directiors with actual vision and imagination.
Also he has a unique style, you need to see 20 sec of any of his films to know he made it.
He made 2 of my favourite movies of all time, leon and fifth element, so im certainly gonna watch this, i do hate that coked up bong model tho.

Das Boot FFS!
Not the Hollywood cut but the 3 part TV miniseries.

A few things in there are bollocks. E.g. the Josephine Baker style dance would never have happened according to author Lothar Günther Buchheim, who himself was a war reporter on the real U-96 until the Vigo refuel where he in reality left U-96.

>Germans act like Russians
>Russians act like Germans
This is called propaganda.
You need to reverse the roles in your head to make the movie more accurate.

>portrayal of the AK ... quite acurate
>see goyim, poles dont want to take refugees
>this means they are literally hitler and did holokaust
>germans are the good goys now, they cant be the only one to blame!

how dumb are you?
yanks are truely the dumbest people in the developed world, jesus christ.

Bad german commanders, lel, the only bad tactician in the german military was hitler himself.

disgusting propaganda.

the use of actual explosives and live ammunition gave some cool scenes, though. never seen more realistic explosions in a movie because they actually used explosives.

No it didn't. Brad Pitt's tank was a 76mm Sherman. 76mm could easily perforate Tiger's armor.

downfall

Lel, an allie which refused to attack Soviet Union from behind and decided to fuck with the economic and industrial powerhouse instead.
Japs are truly the asian version of germans.

They lost the war because they simply didn't have the numbers and resources, you fucking idiot.

Look at the kill ratio in ANY military branch. It ranged between 4:1 up to 10:1 ... even higher for the Luftwaffe.
The point of allies winning was the assembly lines.

Fuck off Polack. The AK was as hostile towards Jews as any hardbitten SD officer comandeering an anti-partisan squad in the rear echelon.
You fuck nuts alwas seem to forget that you're die hard catholics.

Hey!..

Pssst..

>Pic related

>Panthers and King Tigers were the kings of the battlefield
both were even worse than the tiger

Not ww2, but 1864 is pretty good.

In Dunkirk the Germans are displayed like a literal Force of God no time in the entire movie do you clearly see a German. I would say for the time of the war that is fairly accurate.

Panther wasn't a bad tank, on the contrary, it was probably the best design of the war in medium category, despite some flaws and early unreliability.
Tiger II was also good, but very expensive and only 500 or so were built.
Reason why Panthers didn't fulfill their potential is overall German situation, manufacturing problems (low quality steel for example), and inexperience of crews.
Men>materiel. And despite memes, US tankers were actually pretty good. US infantry less so.

What are you talking about? The Luftwaffe did try to stop the evacuation. Goering told Hitler they wouldn't even need tanks to wipe out the British army.

Not WW2 but you might like All Quite on the Western Front.