Hinduism General

"Indian Paganism: The Last Living Expression of Aryan Beauty" - Savitri Devi, A Warning to the Hindus

cincinnatitemple.com/articles/HinduIndianNationalism1939.pdf

>What is Hinduism?

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.

Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single founder,
>A specific theological system,
>A single concept of deity,
>A single holy text,
>A single system of morality,
>A central religious authority,
>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n1/mode/1up
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
archive.org/details/TheBhagavadGitaByCRajagopalachari
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp
sacred-texts.com/hin/
gita-society.com/section3/mahabharata.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiHrferzdbSAhXIQ48KHXpjBfIQFggnMAA&usg=AFQjCNEVJFySM166gELxlwp_gULUgD7yjw&sig2=KRg3OHxt-7NTN7O0TaIkYw
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
atlanticcenturion.wordpress.com/2016/09/14/esoteric-kekism-is-a-religion-of-peace/#more-5175
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_(occult_symbol)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kek_(mythology)
grahamhancock.com/dmisrab6/
youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9zSMsKcwk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demolition_of_the_Babri_Masjid
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Political Significance of Hinduism in this Age

All the decadence of the world today has been predicted by Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga

>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
>Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
>At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser.

Kali Yuga with regard to human relationships

>Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
>People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
>Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
>Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
>People will take vows and break them soon after.
>People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
>Teachers will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama(lust) will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

Resources
>introduction to Hinduism for westerners
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n1/mode/1up

>Bhagavad Gita
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html

archive.org/details/TheBhagavadGitaByCRajagopalachari
>Upanishads
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp

>Vedas
sacred-texts.com/hin/

>MAHABHARATA by C Rajagopalachari
gita-society.com/section3/mahabharata.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiHrferzdbSAhXIQ48KHXpjBfIQFggnMAA&usg=AFQjCNEVJFySM166gELxlwp_gULUgD7yjw&sig2=KRg3OHxt-7NTN7O0TaIkYw

>Ramayan Anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY

the biggest meme of existance is thi kind of nihilism sheiit... go and praise your fuckin bathroom if you have one... you guys are so damm fucking retarded and the kind of beliefs you guys have makes question the superpower indian meme, HEY WHITE PEOPLE HITLER GIVE A FUCK ABOUT US WE WUZZZ HONORARY ARYANS AND SHEEIIIT

>that sperg
Wew

>
ITS ALMOST LIKE IF THIS STUFF NEVER HAPPENED IN THE PAST AKA SODOM AND GAMORON,pol is a christian board faggot go and praise your overlod varg burgernesssomewhere else

and than you so much for demonising the swuaztika aka the hexagram spin to the left pole if you know how to apply this to the meta all

I can never tell if it's a larp or are you serious cause if your holy book is supposed to be try why my book is supposed to be mythology

*true.

Stop identifying with your mind.

Wait are you a bot?

No, just consistent

Kek, nice one crypto panjeet, where are you from?

There's no deception here. I am but a simple snownigger

Really? What got you into Hinduism and have you read anything or you just follow this guy?

Bump

Hindu here.

AMA

Where are you from .?

Antarctica.

As a Russian pagan, I pretty much only look at the Vedic paganism, anything beyond 800BC I take a massive pile of salt.

A.. Are you a hyperboer
Well most of the stuff after that is mythology so

we had flying planes and shiet

What do you mean by 'mythology'?
Also what is your opinion on Krsna consciousness (ISKON)?

>Well most of the stuff after that is mythology so
I look into pretty much every version of Aryan paganism, especially since the Indo-Aryan were literate which is particularly useful. The issue is separating what the Indo-Aryan religion was and what was added in by the native peoples over time. I still look into the modern stuff but I'm very careful about it lol.

Krishna spends the entire baghavad gita explaining how he is the One, and all things emanate from Him
>no central deity
Fuck off kike

Q: why should teachers be respected if they openly preach destruction of your culture?

Well we did.
I believe them to be true or the accounts were written by someone Trippin on soma
>ISKON
I believe it to be kike subversion
Inb4 krsna comes and starts spamming merchants

Well as the most likely 'writers' of the Vedas were the harrapans you are in for some historical surprises
Yeah you forgot the part where is says atma me hi paramatma Hai, Wew

Those who you're talking about don't deserve to be called "teacher"

What do you mean? Is that a real thing?

quality thread, my curry eating friend

>forgoing the unparalleled splendor of Adi Shankara's works because muh huwhite women in huwheat fields

mythology as in the stories of the puranas and the epics are not supposed to be taken as literally true, similar to the iliad and the odyssey. ISKON are pretty weird my dude, advaita vedanta is where it's at. There's a lot of bullshit to filter through, the most cancerous of which is New Ageism

Hinduism specifically, Yogananda's Autobiography of a Yogi. I've been looking into Eastern philosophies particularly pertaining to the nature of existence and the self because of certain experiences I started having last year. I've been practicing Buddhist meditation for a little while and started branching into yoga recently. I've been an atheist all my life, but I've suddenly found myself in a situation where I have no idea what's what anymore

Redpilled.

>using the Black Sun a Germanic occult symbol

what does that have anything to do with Hinduism?

>Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

yeah
but no
it is not transcendental paradox state of theisms/deisms

it is polytheistic, full stop

>Well as the most likely 'writers' of the Vedas were the harrapans you are in for some historical surprises
I've read through a decent amount of the rig Veda, I tried to go through the other Vedas and Upanishads. It was clearly diverging rapidly from the invader religion so I stopped.

I still don't understand what you mean by mythology. Do you mean as opposed to allegory? How can something being true and something being a drug induced delusion fall under the same category of 'mythology'?

What is it about ISKON that makes it subversive? Do you mean that it was used to subvert the west in the 60s and 70s? Or do you mean that the teachings were altered as a means of subverting the morals of the westerners they converted to Krsna consciousness?

I can relate to it too much user, although he talk a lot of hippie bs you should look into terrance Mckenna for discovery of self try reading the Upanishads they are woke af, I would suggest physcedelics too but only if you can

Yo.

omg

atlanticcenturion.wordpress.com/2016/09/14/esoteric-kekism-is-a-religion-of-peace/#more-5175
it's a dank meme from the early days of "kekist" cringiness, no doubt OP thought it would attract the dank memers of Sup Forums's Sup Forums. A little wisdom would have informed him that a picture of a full-bodied negress is far more effective

It's just a meme user
The part where we are living in the Brahmans dream and everything is his manifestation

both the deity Kek and the Black Sun symbol are much older than the dumb kekistan nonsense

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_(occult_symbol)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kek_(mythology)

>advaita vedanta
>People who believe in Advaita believe that their soul is never really different from God (google)

I thought the separation of souls was critical to Hinduism? What are the main texts of advaita vedanta?

>what is Brahman
it's monotheistic, nigger.

>The part where we are living in the Brahmans dream and everything is his manifestation

thats nice

still polytheistic

Kek, yes always remember the Asur and the devas had the same father shits gonna get real intense if you try figuring out what the migrants wrote and what the natives wrote

yeah, but no
again.

Is it true that the Kali Yuga ends in 2025?
What happens then?

Why do some versions of the Black Sun have a circle in the middle and some don't?

Indra is the main Aryan god and over time loses importance to the big three Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. Brahma and Vishnu are definitely added locally, Shiva is probably a local deity that is merged with Rudra, a minor Aryan god.

Do Hindus have to follow the caste system since it's in the religion or nah
Having a rigid social order can be a good thing I think

Mythology are stories we find in our sacred text, the soma part is just my interpretation it could all be true was most probably was.
>ISKON
They repacked Christianity in the Geeta they are a subversion of Hinduism and of eastern religions as a whole, teaching false translations to whitey for money, some of them might have good intentions but it still seems shady af

I've got the Vedas lying around that I haven't gotten to yet. Started reading the Mahabharat recently. As for Western philosophers, I greatly enjoy Alan Watts. Terrance Mckenna is definitely on my list as well. I'm going to Peru to drink ayahuasca later this year, actually

the part where you can completely ignore and not believe in any Hindu god and still believe in dharma, the organizing principle of the universe, and karma, the metaphysical dust of interaction between conscious entities that shapes the reality of perception.

>mfw you can be an atheist Hindu

A major happening mostly
grahamhancock.com/dmisrab6/

Well their are really good mahabharat and Ramayana TV shows which I would consider good representation of the text
>ayahuasca
Man you should listen to mckenna asap look into the psychedelic salon they have all his talks in a proper format

Yes
>Indra is a God
Topkek

no shit, but their use for cringy neo-esotericism is what produced that picture, and its association with hinduism

>the deities are overtly mythological and meant to represent archetypal aspects of the one source of the universe
>this is difficult for autists to grasp
fair enough, I know your kind are capable of great things but that you require some extra patience. it's ok, sweetie

>I thought the separation of souls was critical to Hinduism?
this is a subtle point. The separateness of individuals and the existence of material phenomena is referred to as "maya." This is usually translated as "illusion," but it's not meant to imply that it doesn't actually exist. The brahman and the atman are the substratum from which the universe and the self, respectively are molded, similar to how a jar made of clay is just clay, the jar-ness is only apparent. Advaita asserts the non-duality of atman and brahman.

>What are the main texts of advaita vedanta?
Adi Shankara solidified this philosophy around the 8th century CE, although people had been heading in this direction for millennia. His writings and commentary on the upanishads are extremely clear and well worth reading.

Sadly most of India aren't hindus are followers of any spirituality.. they're basically like lukewarm CHRISTIANS.

So what is it that you look for in Hinduism? Stories from which to derive knowledge/advice that can be implemented in your life, insights into metaphysics, or actual spiritual faith/conviction?

>pol is a christian board faggot
shut up faggot if anything its Euro Pagen

All of the things you mentioned as I grow older I see Hinduism more than just stories and text, the people who wrote our religion were really onto something

>stories from which to derive knowledge/advice/inspiration to implement in your life
>insight into metaphysics
not so much actual conviction. The way I see it is Christian prayers are more like:
>God, please give me a million dollars
>God, please give me the strength to kill these sandniggers
>God, please bless America
Whereas, at least for me, Hinduism is more:
>I should try to acquire a million dollars
>sandniggers do not follow dharma and must be eradicated
>My dharma as a kshatriya is to protect my nation and family
Of course my understanding is very biased, as a Hindu.

Thanks, it's getting late so I bookmarked it for later

Hopefully you find whatever you are looking for user, from whatever you wrote we've had a very similar journey I wish you well.

How are you defining 'self'? Obviously what we (read; normies) think of as 'self' is merely material nature. This includes body, mind, personality and history. In that sense our 'self' is part of maya which is an energy of 'god' (quoting google again). But our souls are not material right? Or maybe I'm wrong on this point. Still I thought the idea was to separate the understanding of 'self' from the material (therefore temporal) components and focus the understanding of 'self' on the (everlasting) soul.

We are really taking over their country aren't we

You're an embarrassment to us westerners, please don't post again.

>advaita vedanta is where it's at
This is the most subversive philosophy I have ever encountered. Nothing in christianity can even compete with the insidious nature of Advaita.

Maya is materialism basically, everything pertaining to achieving materials is maya and yes the soul is not material but the cycle of life and death is maya the soul must escape from, the atma and the body have different kind of maya

It's always been useful for me to swap "soul" for "consciousness" when reading translations of old Hindu scriptures. The way I understand the reflection of Brahman as Atman is that Brahman is the collective consciousness/gestalt, whereas Atman is the individualized reflection of a part of that consciousness. For example, the idea of a rare pepe exists in the collective consciousness, but any individual jpg file named rare pepe is neither rare nor pepe until it gets re-uploaded back to Sup Forums by the individual user. In the same way, the Brahman collective consciousness shapes the reality the individual atman perceives, but the summation of all individuals consciousness is the living brahman.

>sandniggers do not follow dharma and must be eradicated
>My dharma as a kshatriya is to protect my nation and family

While these may be practical notions, they can easily be derived without religion. Or, if inspired by a spiritual text, once you have the ability to rationally describe the purpose of the value, why ever quote the spiritual text again?

I believe the Krsna is the supreme Godhead. From this convictions/faith I derive strength. That's where the value lies for me. I didn't need a spiritual text to teach me that I had an obligation to defend my family (or any of the other morals I hold to).

I like to think of whites as a little autistic cousin who can't stack the blocks properly yet; but he'll get there one day when (((the kid with the nose))) stops fucking with him.

Read the first few chapter of Woodroffe's The Serpent Power for a summary of Advaita.

>maya
Maya is the veil on perception through which Atman/Brahma views itself. Thus, the differentiated universe doesn't exist, but it only appears to because of shoddy vision.

So you don't believe in the soul? While I think your description has metaphysical merit, I'm wondering why you've linked it to Hinduism when it can be described in a secular manner?

Krishna still talks about dharma, how does have a Supreme God head make it different?

Someone give me a quick rundown on Kalki

Having *

Dharma is a philosophical concept you can reason out yourself without hearing of Hinduism. In fact, most of Hindu/Buddhist/Eastern philosophy is simple enough to reason out yourself given enough time. The books are a shortcut.

Everybody can choose their own way of imagining/picturing/worshiping Brahman, that's one cool part of Eastern religions. The ISKON movement puts a lot of emphasis on conviction as the source of strength (bhakti yoga), which is very similar to Christianity. However, it's not the only type of yoga.

The text doesn't tell me what my dharma is. My dharma is mine because it is simultaneously the reflection of my consciousness on the universal and the path created by the universal consciousness for mine

Sorry can you define dharma for me? Just to make sure we arent talking across purposes.

Fuck this degeneracy.

No, there is no individual/world consciousness. That's the premise of Advaita. Atman is Brahman.

Of course, that's bullshit, but that is the theory.

Dharma is your duty or the actions that keep the universe together

Likewise, user. The search itself has already been rewarding enough to justify the effort

I don't think "soul" is a useful word when explaining dharma to Westerners because the word is too associated with after-life and purgatory and such. I believe the cycle of reincarnation is oversimplified when you explain it as "one soul, one body, body dies, soul gets new body, rinse and repeat". I think of reincarnation more along the lines of the classic scene in movies where the dying person says "you'll never really be alone - I'll always be with you". Consciousness does not disappear at death, it migrates from always being in relation to the physical body to being part of the collective memory, and then eventually comes back to a physical body as a memory echo, e.g. a kid thinking his grandpa was the coolest guy ever, and a renewed relationship with the physical body, e.g. I need to be tough/smart like gramps

They are simultaneously one and the same; it's like asking does a falling tree make a sound if nobody is there to hear it? There cannot be a universal consciousness without the sum of the individuals, but no individual consciousness can exist outside of the universal.

2deep

Their are no quick rundown in Hinduism I'll still try, he is supposed to be an avatar of vishu that will slay the degenerates and bring kali yug to an end

Sounds like you are describing memes desu

As far as I'm concerned when the body dies, so does the 'consciousness' i.e. any memory or thought you never shared will cease to exist at that moment.

imo the purpose of these texts are not to help you rationalise how your consciousness will have value or relevancy beyond your death, but rather to make you realise that the conscious you have is merely a vehicle for the progression of your soul. Once you die all that is relevant from this conscious is the karma that will dictate your next.

Just gonna shill this real quick
youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9zSMsKcwk

Check out Inner the Worlds, Outer Worlds series as well

Holy shit 6-12-1992 is my birthday....

what is the significance?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demolition_of_the_Babri_Masjid

Is that your channel that really good understanding for a westerner

I have an innate sense of dharma.

> Krishna still talks about dharma, how does have a Supreme God head make it different?

Is that not asking 'what difference does it make if God exists or not?' Maybe I'm misinterpreting your question.