Canada is the reason we lost in Afghanistan

Before this important detail gets lost to history, let me give you the reality of the single largest point of failure in the war: Kandahar. I served as a US Marine Corps SAW gunner in a Scout billet, part of the 2009 surge into southern Afghanistan with 2nd MEB. Since 2006, the Brits had been at a stalemate in Helmand Province. Since 2008, the Canadians had been at a stalemate in Kandahar Province. The key difference being: the British were eager to give up Helmand province, and were honest about being in over their heads. The Canadians were and to this day still are, in complete denial. The British were unable to hold down Helmand with 9,000 troops, the Canadians had LESS THAN 3,000 in Kandahar, the more populated and strategic province. 3,000 soldiers for the entire battle space, figure that is roughly an infantry manuever element of 4-650. Of those men, most active in kenetic operations from 2005-2008, 158 KIA, over 2,000 seriously wounded, and no idea what was even going on in the outskirts of Kandahar city, the 2nd largest city in Afghanistan. Additionally, in 2009 when 2nd MEB showed up, the Canadians flat up refused to ceed their battle space, saying the situation was under control and still winable. 2nd MEB went into Kandahar, our shitty 5th Stryker group went into Kandahar (yet were not in control of the battle space, more as augments) and Kandahar was not fully given to the US until mid to late 2011 when the 82nd and 101st Airborne divisions showed up, at this point too late to effect the outcome. The way you lose a war without appearing to lose a war is to withdraw the majority of your troops to large bases, so you on paper have X amount of troops but in reality hold no battle space beyond the bases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>hurr durr
Afghan war was fought for the jews, and the goal of establishing a central bank was achieved.

*2009 2nd MEB went into Helmand

Nice slide social traitor. Can't wait until you get raped by a "refugee".

>not an argument

Yeah that and the fact that the hajis there were allowing al quaeda to freely train and recruit, that and sheckles

The war was a lost cause long before 2009.

It was last winnable around 2002-2003

>implying Afghanistan has anything (legal) of value that a Central Bank can control

and before this gets lost to history, no one, not even Napoleon himself, was able to successfully run a campaign in Afghanistan due to its largely acknowledged difficult terrains that literally requires you to have been born there to know your way around the mountains.

IDK senpai, only trees and farmland in Helmand. The hajis fucked off pretty quickly when we went down to Khan Neshin, problem is they just ran north and east into Kandahar

>Napoleon
>Afghanistan

Are you retarded?

For a country that has never been conquered, they sure have a lot of blue eyed white skinned sand people...

Canadians are the first to know everything about subjects they've had zero experience with.

Americans are first to know everything about everything.
Oh wait, your education is no where to be found.

Nigga I went to Carleton University and Canadian education is below American education

Nowhere*

Isn't it odd how every single criticism of Canada (and there are a lot of legitimate ones: military couldn't fight a war with itself, second rate health care, failing infastructure, police state, etc) all they do is pick a specific case in one of fifty states, like that's somehow a counter arguement. Also it's odd Canadians are so knowledgable of American affairs but know next to nothing about what is going on in their own borders. More Canadians than ever before incarcerated, JUST started using Trilcorps industries (so you basically have slaves) and now all of these draconian laws are coming out like guerthy v elliot (nearly 6 months for twitter disagreement) 2 years for questioning a trannys sanity, lose your kids for not letting them mimic the opposite sex, etc...

>Canadians were too brave and confident to give up like a bunch of fucking cowardly limeys and their battle spirit put me to shame, making me question my Marine Corps indoctrination.

Fuck you bitch, the Leaf stands until the fall.

It's been 16 years. Why are we there at all anymore?

>Implying it wasn't guerilla tactics and rules of engagement that cost the coalition the war

If you didn't have to play by the rules, shit would have been different.

Why spend so many lives in this garbage dump of a country anyways?

Wouldn't be surprised if Canadian strategists in the military did that to actively sabotage the Afghan War

If you want to know why we lost in Afghanistan... I'll give you a break down.

>United States and allies successful depose Taliban.
>Everything is absolutely quiet and nothing happens. War over, we won.
>America invades Afghanistan. That was a serious fuck up, but what ever.
>America neglects Afghanistan in favor of Iraq.
>Afghan insurgency picks up due to this.
>America ignores Afghanistan and it's allies pick up the slack even though they didn't have to.
>America pulls out of Iraq in 2011.
>Canada pulls out of Afghanistan in 2011 as we have done more than our share.
>America lays waste to MENA instead of paying attention to Afghanistan.
>Regardless, American imposed democracy still stands in Afghanistan in 2017... The war is still on and we haven't lost.
>Slack jawed faggot posts this thread on Sup Forums because he can't admit that his country fucked up, so he finds a scape goat in one of the four countries that actually committed to combat in the country... He doesn't blame Denmark, the UK or Holland, he blames Canada because of some dank leaf meme.
>America has completely fucked up and pissed away every advantage they had since 2001... but now it's Canada that is at fault because a literal retard government that is inept at foreign policy embarrassed OP.

Fucking shameful, lad.

America invades Iraq*, my bad... My jimmies are rustled on account of this fat burger and his shitty fucking government destroying the West's military credibility by being fucking retarded.

we have less niggers
check-mate

"Canadians were too brave and confident to give up like a bunch of fucking cowardly limeys and their battle spirit put me to shame, making me question my Marine Corps indoctrination."- Nigga nothing could be farther from the truth, you are the first NATO country in history to not only litterally walk off the battle field with the enemy still in play, you have the arrogance to assume that you "won". Know why the French are primarially tasked with peace keeping and Canada no longer has that task? Because your military is too concomitant. You earned the French's reputation after WWII

And US troops in Iraq is not a counter arguement, you held KANDAHAR BATTLE SPACE, it was yours. You made it that way because it was your first war since Korea. If it was about lack of troops, why when an entire Marine Corps Expeditionary Brigade showed up in 2009 you told them to fuck off to Helmand because you "had" Kandahar? Withdrawing the majority of your forces to large bases by 2008 yet holding onto your battle space isn't "leafs stand until we fall" that's trying to make a loss into a win, only in appearence

Some shady shit going on out side right now

You also have less people, that's like saying there are less niggers in Minnesota

Contrary to popular belief, we won Iraq. That was my first deployment in 2008, fucking boring ass country didn't even get a combat action ribbon till Iraq. Iraq went to shit because Obummer was so inept at negotiations he couldn't even get the hajis onbord for a custodial presence of 5-15,000 troops to keep the country from emploding, but from 2008-2013 Iraq was done

>doesn't understand percentages
fucking lol

youtube.com/watch?v=bOR38552MJA

I couldnt resist

>America has completely fucked up and pissed away every advantage they had since 2001... but now it's Canada that is at fault because a literal retard government that is inept at foreign policy embarrassed OP.

Unironically this entire post.

The United States since the year 2000 has been nothing but one disaster after another.

Say something I don't know about Italian troops in Afghanistan. Also you must be pretty new, learn to quote and greentext to format your text.