15 years in drug treatment services as a practitioner - and I have walked...

15 years in drug treatment services as a practitioner - and I have walked. Treatment services generally play into the existing ethos of the average junkie - inasmuch as they give them what they want, when they want and how they want it.

Too many staff employed with the "I want to make a difference" ideology - it does not work they are viewed by users as being weak and are exploited as a result. Typical user behaviour.

Users are no more than a political football and will continue to be a degenerative drain on society and resources until treatment becomes more punative in nature.

Suggest your method of "treatment" to cure society of this shitty ill.

How about you leave me the fuck alone when I wanna use some meth, before I plug your gaping maw with a .45?

Fucking dogooder.

Treatment is good for when someone is on the verge of using so much they might overdose, and its good to wake people up. Chronic users will use no matter what.

>Suggest your method of "treatment" to cure society of this shitty ill.
case-by-case basis. As a 'practitioner' (see: LARPer) you would know this.
There is no blanket cure.

>recreational users who have their 'habit' under control
Do nothing and stop fucking bothering them.

>addicts who genuinely want, need and ask for help
Continue as planned (here in the UK at least it tends to work with those individuals).

>chronic users
Nothing you can do except make them aware of their situation and what will happen to them over time. You can't force help on someone, and they tend to be a problem that corrects itself one way or another anyway.

I think quitting drugs is a good thing and we should strive for sobriety but I thin its important to actually deal with root of the addiction or else the addiction will just redirect itself and one will become a slave once more to yet another desire that distracts from God.

Also show flag faggot so I know what kind of program you are referring to.

OH SHIT FAMILIA

>hurr show flag
KYS tumblr
There's no room for identity politics here you faggot piece of shit.

just dropped some double strength durban poison tincture

prohibition fags can fuck right off

Traditional families that are educated in bringing up kids without beatings, yelling and emotional blackmail. But how to start such a thing when the parents are screwed up I have no idea. People don't change user.

It's not a problem.

OP is claiming to be a 'practitioner', but for all we know he could be a third world shitskin where treatment services barely exist, nevermind being laughable.

Why am I bothering to explain this to a leaf anyway?

I just snorted some shard-grade meth. Efficiency is key.

I hate meth but /this.

I'm all for letting methheads die. All junkie scum can die in a gutter where they belong.

Case manager?

Paramedics and police officers need to quit carrying Narcan on them. Let the junkie fucks die.

I hear the 5MEO treatment works perfectly, 5 days on 5MEO, detox schedule is pretty typical, most patients don't relapse and go on to be productive,

other treatments involving Mitragyna or other herbs have been said to be effective,

ultimately though the patient has to want to survive, lots of these people are suicidal anyway and you aren't going to fix that without lots of high paying jobs and less chopping human beings into hamburger

Case by case basis based on their potential contribution to our society, someone with an above 110 IQ who comes from a nice background should be given the proper help a few times but if they can't get their shit together after a certain point they should be thrown in a work camp with the sub 90 IQ poorfags breaking rocks and digging ditches for our nations infrastructure until they have earned a shot at freedom. They will attend AA/NA meetings in these work camps or some other form of post release program to prevent them from relapsing and if they continue to fuck up should probably just be executed.

people get addicted to hard drugs usually because they're in a lot of pain (that's why painkillers are appealing)

punative punishments just add to the pain which adds to the desire to use more drugs.

It is drug warriors like OP who are degenerates who should be treated punitively by society. Either give these people some help or leave them alone.

>sister gets with piece of shit I knew back in the day
>warn her about his drug problems
>"b-but I love him"
>find out sister is using heroin
>literally kick her ass
>she doesn't press charges
>few months later her bf dies from overdose
>she finds his corpse
>still using to this day

You really can't fix stupid

Whats up with you ? had your methadone ampules removed from our prescibing list and been placed in the recovery model groups ?

not helping overdose victims is the same as not helping drunks or people who forgot to take their meds. its not the right of emergency service personnel to refuse treating someone simply because the patient brought it upon themselves.

You need exteminated, nigger.

tiny minority addicted via opiate medication - these cases managed via Dr surgeries - whats your problem ? your habit getting pricey ?

>these cases managed via Dr surgeries

im sorry what? how exactly can you surgically remove someones dependency on pain meds?

Question for a question.
>Whats up with you ?
You have a DEUS VULT flag, which automatically makes you a faggot.

On a serious note though, I want to know what country you 'practiced' in. Drug treatment is very different at different parts of the world. Maybe the methods used by your country are more effective elsewhere, and vise versa.
I don't believe what you say, and you don't have to convince me, but why start a thread if you are not bothered?

now remove flag bls.

You're right - it's not a choice EMT/Fire/Police get to make on the ground. If they have narcan, and the person is in obvious opiate OD, they have to administer.
Now, if the governing bodies of EMT/Fire/Police decide that injecting narcan into the same junkie fucks on a regular basis is too expensive....well, budget cuts are what they are.

unironically, this

>if the governing bodies of EMT/Fire/Police decide that injecting narcan into the same junkie fucks on a regular basis is too expensive

naloxone is cheap as fuck, that will never happen. we aren't going to leave people to die on the street, even fucking murderers shot by cops get treated and that's how it should be.

your opinions on who is worthy of life don't fucking matter.

You'd be surprised what happens on the ground. I'm a first responder - my opinion on who is worthy of life is far more applicable than you'd think. We work hard - really hard - to save some people. Not nearly as hard as others.
And I feel no fucking regrets about this in the least.

*not nearly as hard for others

>Not nearly as hard as others.
>And I feel no fucking regrets about this in the least.

being burnt out is not a defense for being bad at your job. too many firemen are like this.

Be very careful about helping people who don't want help.

Be VERY careful about people who do.

Why do you think so many of us get burnt out? What happens when you inject a junkie with narcan? Do they wake up happy you saved their life, or are they often fucking furious you stole their high?
let them die - they try hard enough to get there, why bother countering their desires.

>narcan

narcan relieves withdrawal as well but they use methadone and suboxone to treat it instead

Not only do you hide your flag but also are a nigger.
Go an hero

tell them, most of your customers offer you repeat business, how many times do you want this same junkie swinging and bleeding at you over this shit

Narcan doesnt relieve withdrawal, it fucking immediately puts you INTO withdrawal.

Drug that blocks the good feelings, like they have for alcohol.

I've heard about Ibogaine, but it's effects are insane. What about Kratom?

Whiney faggot LARPer detected. Can't answer basic questions or identify where he's providing his "service."

Sage goes in all fields.

Oh, that's weird. I shot a fucking cackling, pimpled and cratered tweakling who pulled a knife on me on my way home from the base in 2010. But because I was a "gud boy and han't nevah done no wrong to nobody evah", they just buried his ass. The problem is not other people leaving tweakers alone. It's you weakasses trying to steal and rob. Yeah... naw, I'd certainly fucking call pigs all day on you if you were my neighbor.

the problem is Jews selling oxycontin Jews have been running the drug trade since the 1800s, they enslaved china with opium. Remove Jew, remove problem.

It's really that easy.

I live in San Francisco and there's junkies everywhere. I've lived in other major metropolitan areas and it's 10x worse here. Funnily enough, SF spends $250 million a year on the problem and the result would be about the same if they spent $0. They should really just use the money for prisons to put these people in.

I wish they would increase the fentanyl supply... Which synagogue is the best one to arrange a mass OD? I want the flyover state heroin hillbillies to kek themselves before they kick. Also, is there anything you think Chaim and Schlomo can bring around that insta-jibs the meth twats? We need to be rid of those losers, too.

>other day walk across street from work and see a crackhead performing CPR on another passed out crackhead.
>Hear ambulance in distance.
>crackhead still doing chest pump on ODing crackhead.
>These are the same crackheads who come into my store to steal and harass my employees.
>I walk by the crackhead doing CPR and start talking
>"oh no Jimmy don't die, you have so many more aluminum cans to collect!"
>walk off to get a snack; ambulance finally shows up.
Hopefully he died.

Why is it my responsibility to help a drunk or a person who forgot their meds?

Spoiler: it's not.

Can confirm. Actually had a normal group of friends who were capable of using certain drugs recreationally. But once the physical pain get's into the equation, especially if it's the chronic type of pain, it all becomes messed up. Gl to all the current and ex users and abusers

>Why is it my responsibility to help a drunk or a person who forgot their meds?

because that's what your job entails you dumb fuck.

You need to be fucking purged

In WV, we have cops and first responders "ODing" from contact absorption of fentanyl-laced heroin found on the clothes and bodies of junkies. I wouldn't touch those dirty fucks.

(OP)
Two groups:
>one given 15-minute "knock it off" session >the other given standard quasi religious cult "treatment"
Follow up after a year measuring outcomes such as criminal system involvement, employment, drug tests, self-report of drug use (lying about that should not be more prevalent in either group, so it' an accurate relative measure) to determine whether the scam called drug treatment has any effect.

>we have cops and first responders "ODing" from contact absorption of fentanyl-laced heroin found on the clothes and bodies of junkies.

that shit only happens when they raid drug operations, random junkies are not dusting themselves with supercoke.

also wear gloves dumbass

You should quit your job if you are playing god. You know you are an evil fuck for doing this and if I find you in real life I'd have to gut you like a pig for letting people die because you are burnt out and emotionless . Seriously either quit your job or Kys
You are a bad person you should think about that for a bit.

This. It's just a way for nature to take out the trash.

Hide my flag?
BTW, I'm in Florida. Born in rural MD.
No man on this planet is immortal and thus no man on this planet gives me "punitive treatments" without paying for it.
Is it worth dying for to you people? Would you give up seeing your children again just to stop this tweaker?

>Sup Forumstards unironically defends meth use

dond dread on me :DDDDD
Nice to see none of you know how fucking tragic it is to have a family member being a past user of this destructive drug

The drug isn't destructive.
When self-destructive people use drugs, they die. This is generally a good thing.

"Just let it happen."
- Bob Ross

I have worked in mental health and dealt with junkies. The programs cater to the "I am a poor helpless junkie with no control over my actions, it's a disease" line of thinking. I went from counseling 22 junkies a month to just four who actually want to be helped. Other counselors I work with at my agency have bought into the "victim" thinking and it disgusts me. You want to shoot up and play victim, leave me the fuck out of it. I have lost what little sympathy I had for addicts long ago. If 75% of your problem can be cured by not doing drugs, you are not a victim of anyone but yourself

Bullshit! The don't sprinkle fenty all over the place that shit is worth money. Get your facts straight before you spout bullshit like you just did. How marijuana OD do you see? I bet a bunch of them like that girl who took three marijuanas and died, right ?

>Sup Forumstards unironically defends freedom and personal responsibility
Yeah, what's the problem ?

Looks like it runs in your family you know you being a soulless fuck head and all.
You should love your sister not make fun of her she is sick and needs help not your criticism .
You'll miss her when she is gone I am sure but what about when she is alive? She won't quit until she is ready or dead but you can help her to live you asshole. Maybe you should just Kys and her save us all the trouble of having to deal with your worthless ass too! Good luck

This man speaks the truth.
Just leave me out of it because I ain't part of that group of fuckheads. I've been sober(except for my 2-3 Yuenglings a night)all summer.
I don't fuck with anyone and I expect the same courtesy. Or blood will be shed.

You should retire as you are not fit to counsel anymore. You might have been at one time a good person but you are burned out and should Not be counseling at all ! You are actually a detriment to helping now. Please quit! I am serious if I knew you in real life I would turn you in. You have no place being where you are Please quit!!!!

I think we should create a dopeland walled city, round up all the junkies and send them there and keep giving them as much of their drug of choice til they kill themselves or decide to get clean. Anyone caught outside of the zone shooting dope would get shot on site.

AA was one of the early experiments in cult brainwashing. Their faith-healing model became the standard for addiction so-called treatment. Typical of such cults is demonising the "ego" and requirement of members to abdicate agency. This runs as thread through 60s encounter groups, Scientology and just about any other cult.

The funny thing about people who are sympathetic to junkies is that they just enable them and cause the problem to be worse. Pretty ironic desu. The cities that are the least tough on the problem are the ones also enjoying an epidemic right now. Kind of hilarious really, seeing libtards posture as though they're the champions of the homeless and the addicted only to see that what they're doing for them (making it easier for them to continue their destructive lifestyle) is hurting more than it's helping.

Also from WV. Everyone I know is on junk. Mean chick from my old HS has a few children now, huge heroin junkie. Always wearing wires to get out of any conviction she's currently on. Her last child, her first son, was born severely addicted to meth and heroin; she had to sign court ordered papers she'd never have kids again. Currently pregnant again after disobeying court papers, also tested positive for meth and heroin probably benzos and others as well. She's going to jail, and wearing wirings again to help lighten her sentence. Hopefully baby is okay, but her last one barely made it. Just last week some meth head came to my house at 3 am to ask me for a ride. So I'm sitting with him on my porch while I have my husband get ready, and this guy was telling me "Yeah, I'm going to jail here soon." "Oh, how come?" "Attempted murder. I stole meth from older teens/young adults and they tried to kick my ass and accused me of shit. So I went home got a gun and was headed that way when a cop stopped me. Told him I was about to kill them." He was an old MS friend and I don't owe him shit, in fact he owes me favors, but ugh we wanted to get rid of him. Out of town. Protect my neighbors. Dude is a total lowlife riding off his MS days of playing football, no joke. Scary thing is; dude just wanted me to go by myself and drop him off in a different town. It scares me to think. I bet he planned on killing me and running, thank god I have my husband to help me take care of this shit.

You are still a junkie!
Just using beer instead of dope.
At least use cannabis tincture or edibles.
Alcohol is poison unless you are drinking red wine

buprenorphine works the best and doesnt even get the user high after they get a tolerance because of the cieling effect which actually teaches addicts to ween off as a natural mechanism of the drug action. If buprenorphine was made more available we would see a dramatic decline in illicit drug use but the problem is that assholes like doctor drew dont want to be made irrelevant.

>"b-but muh freedumbs to take a drug that turns you crazy and paranoid and makes you beats up your brother :DDDD"
Clearly none of you faggots have any idea what meth induced psychosis is

I am fine with pot, heroine and most psychdelics. Not much idea about coke. But fuck meth, literally nigger drug

For opiates, phase out methadone and introduce mandatory subutex/suboxone treatment programs. Ensure monitored daily pick up from pharmacist with privileges (weekly pickup) earned for those with consistent clean tests. Three strike rule. Those that pay for their own treatment get preference.

/ourguy/

In Indonesia and I think Philippines too they plan to reserve an island for pushers where it's free for all and is guarded by snakes and crocodiles

Did you happen to stash away any goodies?

>Clearly none of you faggots have any idea what meth induced psychosis is
Yeah, exactly, I wouldn't take "meth" in the first place. I don't need the state to tell me "don't use meth" and even for junkies making a law doesn't change shit because they'll find a way to get the product and will use it anyway.
So better let it free of use and count on people's common sense because free or not, it doesn't change much to the fact some retards will be hooked on it.

Addiction becomes a disease over time. Those who are highly functioning should be treated like smokers, in which they know their habit is self destructive but can still behave in society. Those who have problems should receive treatment with the goal of weaning them off. Absolute degenerates responsible for drug wars need to be removed from society completely. Kill off the supply and you kill the addict problem.

Also for violence induced by meth, with good gun policy any honest citizen could just put the threat down.

Cannabis doesn't reign in my speeding mind.
A couple beers does, and it's cheaper.

I use potent CNS stimulants. I'm already using poisons. Beer means nothing to me. Especially not the small amount I drink. I use supplements, eat healthy, work out, etc to counter as many effects as possible and so far, I'm doing fine. If I die from heart issues at age 50-60, I'm doing great in my book. Better to die by heart attack than cancer. Mind you I don't intend on giving up either. I'm not self-destructive. I just like to go fast sometimes.

Forcing someone to do something they dont want to do is futile and history has taught this lesson over and over again. People are smart and find a way around it no matter what. And for every gutter junkie there are two more that hide their addiction that you never hear about.

Oh I am not sympathetic that much but it's the guys sister so not some faceless dirty junkie but someone this guy grew up with and shares family with. It's much different if it's your family it personalize it. I guess you haven't been effected directly or maybe you have and are heartless like this guy with his sister. My brother came back from Iraq after three tours strung out on heroin(thanks Army) and with help from myself and our family he is clean for over three years and productive and married with a baby on the way.
But you have to want to quit and there is nothing like family to help. I get the bigger picture in that there are a lot that you can't help Ever but family is family and I'd walk thru fire to help my brother and I know he would do the same for me.

Only good post in this thread. Everyone just wants to lump every user together in the same group when it clearly doesn't work. I like to bang dope on the rare occasion because it's a fucking blast and way more productive and amazing than getting shitfaced for a night. But society would lump me in the same group as chronic abusers who can't get away from the needle long enough to be productive or fall low enough to rob people for more.

It's fucking baffling. You don't put murderers and and people who owe child support in the same pod in prison. So why put recreational users and pure junkies on the same shitlist as far as drugs go?

>YES SHOT UP THE HEROIN JEW
>GOOD GOYIM
>ESCAPE ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WITH JEW CARTEL...I MEAN MEXICAN CARTEL DRUGS

The thing is : why help them in the first place ? Why waste ressource in their rehab ? I'm totally ok with what you say but only if there is no public money spent in such program/institute.

>Clearly none of you faggots have any idea what meth induced psychosis is
I enter into that state every time I tweak. I've learned to enjoy it. The otherworldly nature of it, the terror it can bring. And the great ecstasy that comes from sobering up from that state. When the crash is more euphoric than the high, you're doing your meth right.

It's that whole "we passed the point where we should have stopped long ago, but let's keep going and see what happens" Sup Forumstard mentality thing. Shit's a blast.

You're a total fucking asshole dude. Help your god damn sister.

Fuck you I live in Canada there is no future. If the chinese want chemical warfare to kill me softly I say bring it. I wish I never got revived from Narcan, that was my one way out without it being a deliberate suicide damning me to hell.

Let them all die.

>trying to understand the rational of irrational people

I think you're pretty retarded, user.

I'm sorry for your sister. You did what you could, more than what I'd have done in the same situation.

Try subs user.. literally half of my high school friends got on that shit and the other half that went to traditional rehabs are either dead or in jail.

I get it, I like to go fast sometimes too but I don't form addictions like some people .
At least use pharm grade stimulants and you'll live a longtime if you don't abuse them.
10-4 on the dying before cancer gets you.
Good luck ,sounds like you have got a good head on your shoulders now.

Not a bad idea. If people are too stupid to use drugs in a healthy manner then let darwinism run its course but prohibition does more damage to society and creates more addicts than just letting people be.

Stims like meth don't let you escape your woes my friend. They do quite the opposite.
They force you into wildest hellish and most heavenly nightmares/dreams. They're nothing like opioids/downers, which is what makes government/DARE anti-drug bullshit so meaningless.
Lumping heroin with meth? That's like lumping a bacon cheeseburger with chia sprouts

Disowned my sister when I found out she was using heroin. Junkies are the lowest of the low, they deserve helicopter rides.

He warned her and he used violence on her. The only thing left to do is let her die, gurgling her own puke. Fuck junks abandoning their own family.

Murder and owing money are two different things. You do the same thing as a junkie, only less often, at least for the moment

The police / fbi should be investigating the pay for play between judges and outpatient drug services. So many people get sent there that don't need it and the tax payers get stuck with the pill. These outpatient treatment services will not release you until the government subsidy runs out and suddenly your cured if you don't have money.

>psycho asshole
>good job
meanwhile people learn to use drugs like buprenorphine as a SUBstitute for heroin and learn how to ween themselves off and are able to do it over and over when they relapse.

Drug addicts have fundamental differences in their brain chemistry and it's not as simple as just stopping.