Should Google & Facebook be regulated like utilities?

Should Google & Facebook be regulated like utilities?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikileaks.org/google-is-not-what-it-seems/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

No they should be boycotted

Google especially. They have so much potential for evil. Then again, the gov't getting involved would probably fuck things up even more.

Watch as lolbertarians go against this, as the (((people))) controlling both corporations fill the white children around them with endless, vile propaganda

How do you boycott something like electricity, trash collection, sewage, or water?

depends who is in charge. You want a Fuhrer? this is how shit gets done. King Trump is in charge now.

no

produce/collect/procure your own

They have way, way too much power. And can you imagine how bad it would have been if Hillary had won? She was their candidate and she would have rewarded them.

I'd rather see them broken up though. It might not even need a large government intervention. There have been technical efforts to try to decentralize the things that they do. Protocols have been designed, tools and backends developed, etc. But more efforts are still needed and you'd have to get people to actually use the stuff once it's good enough.

Yes

We populist party now

yes, social media companies have too much of a monopoly and people are too quick to shrug away what they're doing because their product is linked to their social life

Yes

Bannon never ceases to amaze me. God bless that man.

No that is some commie shit

Yepper

>Should Google & Facebook be regulated like utilities?

OH HELL YES. Immediately. Start TODAY.

>Nazi flag
okay with fake news companies attacking the right?

i don't know

BANNON = GOD

Yes.

Definitely not.

Just do something man jewgle and zucc are ruining everything

Yes, they have far too much information on all of us, Amazon needs a good kick in the ass, too.
Bunch of tax dodging scum.
Bannon is the only reason I support Trump and I hope to fucking god that he has enough pull to dictate policy.

Nationalize the ISPs.

>That flag
I suppose Hitler just let the Jew run media in Germany go do as it pleased, huh? Kill yourself man, you don't know anything

the regulations they should put upon those is that they shouldnt regulate their content and censor other oppinions. basicaly regulate them into regulating less. everything else would just result in that the government descides what is to censor instead of facebook

Every time I hear about Bannon I like him more

Daily reminder to all the STEM grads in this bread.
These are the companies who are giving your job away via the H1B1 program because that means they don't have to pay for your social security tax.

YEAH

This. ISPs should be nationalized.

Bannon has the right idea about everything.

It's the only way, lolbertarians are kidding themselves

I agree. They could start their own physical empires if they'd like to with all of that income,

Maybe normies can stop staring at their phones and actually learn how to interact with people.

Most places won't let you live in homes that don't have these services. Providing your own means you live in the middle of nowhere.

What would Bannon even politically classify as? A Nationalist Centrist Populist? Whatever it is I really like it.

Yes. Twitter too.

They're evil and someone needs to put a stop it. I don't know what the ethics of that are though vis a vis free enterprise and small government.

Fuck. this question is making me question my libertarian views

Hopefully this leads to media (free press) being lumped into this "utility" category as well.

Sure, if they regulate their darling companies equally :^)

This.

Right wing populist.

It's definitely a tough one. I don't think it's an ideal solution, but then again the fate of civilization just might depend on stopping monsters from Google and Facebook from controlling ideas and in turn reality.
Of course it can then also backfire once the wrong administration gets back in power.

tax advertising too

>REEEEEE GET YOUR GUBMINT OUTTA MI HEALTHCARE!!!
>YESSSS! DEEP STATE PLEEEEASE TAKE OVER ALL MY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS!

Oh yes. Most certainly.

>three anonymous sources
c'mon Sup Forums. we can't believe this kind of shit just because we like the story.

bannon have some great ideas.
since this was on breitbart i'm sure it's something he really is thinking on.

PLEASE ALSO A ENDOWMENT TAX! that harvard and ford foundation, etc have too much power. cut off the non-profit organizations scam

Perhaps they should be forced to allow equal time to opposing views.

You know, the way it used to be with television.

A new net neutrality if you will, like there should be with isp's.

It's funny how they suddenly want to regulate shit when they don't like it.

Banks crash the economy, fuck the regulations, they get in the way of profit.

Zuckerberg may run for president, regulate that shit.

Pathetic.

>govt fucks up everything
>still doesn't see the benefit of them taking over Faceberg
Oh lad

I don't use either so yes.

We don't need regulation or control of a company, we need better laws protecting the privacy and security of a person's information and software usage.

Yes.

Google needs to be stopped now.
I don't think people realize how dangerous they're becoming.

this statement contradicts itself

At least we have a say over who's in government. We can't control who runs facebook and google and they want to dominate the human race.

Legit question.
What would it mean/do to regulate Google/Kikebook like utilities?

Yes

They should be bound to the 1st Amendment

>Fuck. this question is making me question my libertarian views
it should.and it's a good thing to do so.

>potential

u wot. they ARE evil. they are actively censoring "islamaphobic" webpages - anything that disagrees or speaks ill of mudslimes is getting blocked or pushed to several pages deep on searches they used to be top for. the mudslimes that own the current propaganda pages that pop up for jihaad, islam, etc are actually thanking google for the page rank updates publicly.

read what julian assange said about meeting the top guys from google and their activities relating to the elections.

wikileaks.org/google-is-not-what-it-seems/

look up how they are getting sued in europe for billions for fucking over competitors in searches and consumer malpractice.

google IS evil. by a long shot. facebook and twitter are leftwing jewish mouthpieces too. look up throttling and shadowbans and facebooks fake news (anything they or governments paying them disagree with) scrubbing. look up anti-white hate groups (literally I hate whites and white people must die groups) allowed to stay on the sites and anything that even mentions muslims or jews is banned. these groups control the majority of the web, which most consider an essential part of their lives. they answer to no one and are actively fucking people over. net neutrality? dont want isps selling your info? these guys already fucking do that. they collect everything from chrome, gmail, facebook, twitter and sell the data.

see how every company is banning alt-right and even cuck-right people?
patreon, paypal, go fund me,etc

the only way that people can fund andrew anglin, for example, is through the good old p.o. box. so much for libertarianism, huh?

probably, or eliminated entirely, social media is trash.

i know most of us are inherently against any sort of internet controls being imposed, but reality is that this is still the wild west when it comes to tech/internet. Many of us grew up in the late 80s or early 90s and remember life before the internet, before facebook, youtube, google, twitter, etc. and it really hasn't been very long since those things came into existence.

we've had it good up until now with how unrestricted most of it is on every level from usability to unfiltered speech to whatever else, but at the same time I realize this can't go on forever as these tools become more and more powerful (President using Twitter daily to basically broadcast official policy). These are meaningful and impactful tools with real world ramifications and eventually we're going to need to have serious discussions about regulations and restrictions at some level or it's going to become unmanageable.

Yep

They should be bound to the 1st and objective

These aren't your local stores.

Yes, they are replacing telephone and mail. It wont be long until the majority of all communications go through them. Americans will lose their free speech rights if they don't act quickly.

yeah I've boycott all corporate social networking and somehow life continues completely normal and as usual, unlike my electricity, trash collection, sewage and water which remain actual necessities.
How fucking cucked by social media psychological waterboarding do you have to be to think your facebook is as necessary as water.

>Americans will lose their free speech rights if they don't act quickly.

Yep

These corps are literally propaganda outlets that push their own opinions

>they collect everything from chrome, gmail, facebook, twitter and sell the data

Maybe this is why they shilling for net neutrality? They don't want people moving into their money making market.

All you have to do is not use the product if you don't agree with the companies ethics. Instead everyone is like
>omg we're losing control of all major communications
>we're losing our free speech rights
>omg its replacing telephone and mail
>omfg they keep monitoring us, where muh privacy?? dis is big brother shit. 1984 muh dudes
>SIGNS INTO FACEBOOK MESSENGER

Blame whatever or whoever you want, but you fuckbois are doing this to yourselves

I DONT GIVE A GOAMN FUCK THEY USE SPYWARE
AND NOONE SAYS HEY STOP USING SPYWARE
EBAY IS A SLOT MACHINE
VALVE STEALS GAMES
ANY COMPANY WHO DOES BANS FOR LIFE IS A FUCKING NIGGER
ANY SITE THAT DOESNT GIVE ACTUAL REAL ANSWERS TO SHIT LIKE BANS AND THINKS REPLYING TO THEM WHILE BANNED IS AGAINST SOME TYPE OF RULE WHEN THEY BAN ARBITRARILY AND DONT GIVE A FUCK IF YOU ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE WHILE BANNED BECUAES HEY WHERE ARBITRARY OR SOME OTHER STUPID SHIT AND HAVE ANTI-PEER RULES FUCK YOU YOUR ON THE P2P INTERNET THE INTERNET IS FULLY PEER TO PEER

CAN FUCK OFF

OH YEA BTW
ITS ALREADY HACKIGN IF I CANT DO IT THEN THE INTERNET IS REGULATED
WHY CAN GOOGLE PORT SCAN BUT I CANT??????

WHY CAN GOOGLE PORT SCAN BUT I CANT?

MY INTERNET'S REGULATED LIKE THAT BUT THEYRES ISNT? CUASE THEY CAN HACK ON THE INTERNET??? BUT I CANT?

FUCK OFF SHILL TPIC JEW

GUYS GO BAK TO TALKING ABOUT YORU STUPID SHIT

God bless him indeed.

nice digits

digits of truths

>tfw you got censored for sharing an article pointing out the blatant lugenpresse antics of the "Trump wants to ban all muslims" media storm last year

Meant for this.

YEA SO DONT LET GOOGLE CONTROL IT
LET THE (((GOVERNMENT)))

SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD TO ME AND IM SURE IT WONT BE FORCED SINCE THEY NEED TO MAKE MONEY FROM IT.

SO ITS LIKE GOOGLE TAXING YOU I GET IT
YEA SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD OP

SINCE YOU THINK YOU CAN TELLME WHAT TO DO I CAN KILL YOU AND I WILL KILL YOU

YOU STUPID FUCKIGN FAGGOTS

usa websites such as this one that we're, are the last remaining hope for freedom of speech all around the world. (although, i'm sure, some germans may use VPN to access this)

What Trump needs to do in terms of the media is clamp down on advertising fraud.

Amazon too.

>OMG DEY GOTS 2 MUCH INFOS ON US

So does the Government, except they take it without your consent. In the case of Amazon, FB and whatever else YOU willingly exchange that information for the (((free))) service.

Oooh I know let's get the guys who take our information without our consent and lie through their teeth about it; to regulate the guys who obtain it with our full understanding and consent in exchange for a service.
>so fkn smart
>totally not fking ourselves

>the government is corrupt as fuck
>dude we should nationalize stuff lmao

>GOOGLE SHOULD BE REGULATED FUCK THEM BEING A PRIVATE COMPANY THIS IS ABOUT OUR RIGHTS

>Healthcare is a privilege not a right, leave our markets alone and let capitalism run untethered!

reallly, really, really makes me think

YEA GUYS WE
OBVIOUSLY
SHOULD LET TEH GOVERNMENT TAKE CONTROL SINCE
YOU KNOW
TRUMP!~!~~~~
IS IN CHARGE
THE GOVERNMNETS GOOD

The cucks are going to virtue signal against this but I say godspeed to Bannon.

Corporations are not your friend - they're actively involved in population replacement and degenerate policies.

Stupid idea imo democrats would abuse it when they get into power and do the same to right wing sites

you see user, there's thing called anti-trust which your government doesn't use anymore which would really nip a lot of this kind of shit in the bud

Isps should be treated as utilities, it is intuitively obvious at this point that an internet connection is on the same level as electricity or plumbing.
Google and Facebook? No, not really I don't see the simularity. I'd even argue there is a better case against Amazon than Google or Facebook, but that is also not there.
I think my intuition has to do with the fact that these companies are downstream from other services, hence they can't be considered utilities.
In order to use either Google or Facebook's services, you must get an internet connection, a phone or computer, an operating system, and a web browser.
Whereas the fundamentals of an internet connection rely on only electricity, whose cost is on the ISP, not the consumer.

I'm sure Bannon wants lots of stuff but he's not gonna get it.

I think this is the ultimate redpill

Yeah but Government is...

Fucking kys you useful idiot fuck

>t. doesn't know what his rights are

Piss on your lawn, shit in the garbage, bury the garbage in the woods, buy a generator, dig/create your own well or collect rainwater. It's not hard you millenial queen.

EXCEPT SPYWARE ISNT FREE
EBAY IS SCAM
VALVE AND ANY BANNING PERMANENTLY FOR CHEATING IN A GAME COMPANY ARE NIGGER THIEVES AND BAN WITHOTU ANY REMORSE THEY ALWAYS USE THE ACCOUNT AGAINST YOU

I WAS TOLD BY NOTCH MAKER OF MINECRAFT WHEN HE WORKED ON WURMONLINE THAT THEY WHRE GOING TO IMPLEMENT A PAY SYSTEM, THEN THEY WHERE GOING TO USE IT TO HARRASS PEOPLE WITH

THATS ALL THEY DO WITH ANY OF THEIR SHIT

THEY FIGURE OUT WAYS TO HARASS YOU

EBAY SLOT MACHINES. WHICH MEANS DONT EVEN ATTEMPT TO WORK ON SOMETHINT GHTAT IS CONTROLLED BY A MACHINE.

ITS COMPUTER CONTROLLED. NOT MANUALLY.

THAT MAKES IT CHEATING
SERIOUSLY DOENST NOBODY THINK ABOUT THIS?

Google YES
FaceBook NO

Need a hand hauling all that straw, man?

anything on the stock market arent your friend

/leftypol/ democrat here, I agree with you.

Either need "local loop unbundling" (state operated company owns the lines - ISPs rent from the lines) or we need to nationalize the ISPs. I'd actually prefer a state based approach.

Right now Comcast is basically a Monopoly in many parts of the country.

Don't be retardeded emu. This is about first amendment protections being given to Internet users. The government already gets all the data they want, didn't you see the CIA leaks a few months back? They are even hacking into tvs and cars.

JEW FUCK YOU
THE INTERNET IS REGULATED
MY INTERNET IS
SO THE INTERNET IS
I CANT PORT SCAN

WHY CAN GOOGLE????

They should be destroyed.

WELL I MEAN I CAN'T MY ISP COMPLAINS SO WHY CAN GOOGLE WHERE DO I BUY MY ISP FROM?