Hinduism General

>What is Hinduism?

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.

Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single founder,
>A specific theological system,
>A single concept of deity,
>A single holy text,
>A single system of morality,
>A central religious authority,
>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n1/mode/1up
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
archive.org/details/TheBhagavadGitaByCRajagopalachari
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp
sacred-texts.com/hin/
gita-society.com/section3/mahabharata.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiHrferzdbSAhXIQ48KHXpjBfIQFggnMAA&usg=AFQjCNEVJFySM166gELxlwp_gULUgD7yjw&sig2=KRg3OHxt-7NTN7O0TaIkYw
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGSMcizEZuIpH57gA658WROPerUi1sBdt
youtube.com/watch?v=9gQdMMpopDE
youtube.com/watch?v=2OOs1l8Fajc
youtube.com/watch?v=-2FI095iZtI
art-prints-on-demand.com/a/nepalese-school/mandala-of-amoghapasa.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wGkcQmzysu0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasadiya_Sukta
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Political Significance of Hinduism in this Age

All the decadence of the world today has been predicted by Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga

>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
>Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
>At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser.

Kali Yuga with regard to human relationships

>Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
>People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
>Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
>Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
>People will take vows and break them soon after.
>People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
>Teachers will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama(lust) will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

Resources
>introduction to Hinduism for westerners
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n1/mode/1up

>Bhagavad Gita
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html

archive.org/details/TheBhagavadGitaByCRajagopalachari
>Upanishads
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp

>Vedas
sacred-texts.com/hin/

>MAHABHARATA by C Rajagopalachari
gita-society.com/section3/mahabharata.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiHrferzdbSAhXIQ48KHXpjBfIQFggnMAA&usg=AFQjCNEVJFySM166gELxlwp_gULUgD7yjw&sig2=KRg3OHxt-7NTN7O0TaIkYw

>Ramayan Anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY

Which version of the Gita do you prefer?

The ones linked in the op, I don't have too much experience with English translations so better translation might exist

Ah, missed that. I mostly read on kindle. I've read a short version (like 30 pages) then tried As It Is but that one didn't feel right. I'll probably give Eknath's a go next.

C rajagopalachari has really good translation and you can find a mobi version in that link I've heard good things about the ekants translation but never read it myself

On a related note, how come India doesn't get all their people together to make a really bad ass Krishna animated movie?

They need a lot more toilets to put people in the same place.

You guys are alright. I hope theres no animosity towards Buddhists. Hindus have made a huge impact on my life. Bump

Well we already have a dank ass 80 show and tbqh the animated show won't have an audience

SHRI KRISHNA (English Subtitles): youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGSMcizEZuIpH57gA658WROPerUi1sBdt

How so? And Buddism is Hinduism for Plebs

>worship cows
>burn wives
>rape buses
>POO

Terrible culture.

Was interesting to read through and see some of the art, old and new, back when I was just studying religions in my free time.

Adults are not into animated movies. And we already have stuff for kids but its very low quality.

But I agree this has huge potential.

>Mfw choota bheem in the pinnacle of indian animation

An employee of my parents and I would talk about morality, and i generally cinsidered him to be a genuine and wise man. I also lost my virginity to a Hindu woman, and what was a casual encounter turned into a long back and forth on self discovery. Plus the sex was unnreal. Ive spent most of my religious study on Theravada, my own beliefs in a higher diety arent really there, so i guess i dietify consciousness.

Kids still love it. All sorts of merchandise sells on that brand. But we really need to step up.

>Dietify conciseness
That's the basics of indic religion for you

Someone start sending toilets ASAP.

Now that is some serious dank. But with the success of Wonder Woman and Thor now would be the perfect time to start the VCU, Vishnu Cinematic Universe. It should be animated.

Checked, maybe its worth a look.

Hinduism is the the way the Culture of your Region explained the gods.

In Sumeria they were known as the Anunna gods.

But you call them the Asura and the Deva.

Your Shiva is Enki.

His weapon is the Trident or Trishula.

You can follow him through the other cultures of the world also.

In Greek myth he is Poseidon, but to the Romans he is Neptune.

Your culture has your own outlook of the gods that is unique to your people and that is special. We all have our stories.

You should know yours, and others as well.

I believe the religions share a common starting point but that's a very myopic view of Hinduism

Well we already have Ramayan anime but yes that shit has infinite potential and no investors

Kali is Inanna.

We also call her Isis, Ishtar or Venus.

You live in a place called the Indus Valley at the time it was given to Kali to rule.

If it had animation the right balance between realistic and fantastical with high quality writing it could work. Call Krishna "India's Thor" in the trailer or something like that to get people intrigued.

Little tangent but here is a dank RSS sanghik geet.

youtube.com/watch?v=9gQdMMpopDE

Wew, post proofs

Forget the proof.
Where's the god of tits and wine?

Its in the Sumerian texts.

Do you expect me to copy and paste passages here for you to read?

No proof then, alright read whatever /x tries to shill you, unless you disregard the Vedas you are Shitposting at this point

You have to actually explain what it says and how that proves your claim in order to be taken seriously, you can't just say "X text says Y" without any context.

youtube.com/watch?v=2OOs1l8Fajc

You guys build a temple for and eat and drink where they shit, disgusting.

for rats*

fuck, hinduism is based.

india superpower when??

4000 BCE, fuck you and your BCE bullshit

You write BC you dirty indian cunt, or even better use your own fucking calendar and not that of your English masters

From the lost book of Enki

To create four regions, three for Mankind, one restricted, the Anunnaki resolved:
The first region in the olden Edin-land to establish, for Enlil and his sons to dominate;
The second region in the Land of the Two Narrows thereafter to follow, for Enki and his sons to
lord;
The third region, with the other two not mingling, in a distant land to Inanna grant;
The fourth region, for the Anunnaki alone consecrated, the peninsula of the Place of the
Chariots will be.

````````````````````````````````````````````````

The Second region is Egypt and it was for Marduk as Ra.

The Fourth region was the Sinai peninsula and its where Ninhursag had her command.

>While we club baby seals.
Wew

All the while Inanna in Unug-ki her lordship in the Third Region awaited,
All the while the domain of her own of the leaders she demanded.
The Third Region after the second one will come! her leaders thus assured her.
Having seen how Ninurta to Eridu journeyed, how the ME of kingship he obtained,
Inanna in her heart a plan devised, to obtain ME from Enki she schemed.

You can read the Vikram savadh calendar? , I'll certainly update the op just for you

Now this is the account of how the Second and Third Regions were established,
And how Ningishzidda was exiled and Unug-ki Aratta threatened.
When Marduk, after a long absence, to the Land of the Two Narrows returned,
Ningishzidda as its master he there found, its Lofty Lord Ningishzidda was.
With the aid of offspring of Anunnaki who Earthlings espoused did Ningishzidda the lands
oversee,
What Marduk had once planned and instructed, by Ningishzidda was overturned.
What is it that happened? Marduk of Ningishzidda to know demanded.
Of the destruction of hidden things Marduk Ningishzidda accused,
Of making Horon to a desert place depart, a place that has no water,
A boundless place where sexual pleasures are not enjoyed!
The two brothers an uproar made, upon quarreling bitterly they embarked.
Pay heed, I am here in my proper place! Marduk to Ningishzidda said.
You have been my place-taker; from now on only a deputy of mine you can be.
But if to rebellion you are inclined, to another land go away you must!
For three hundred and fifty Earth years did the brothers in the Land of the Two Narrows quarrel,
For three hundred and fifty years was the land in chaos, between the brothers it was split;
Then Enki, their father, to Ningishzidda said: For the sake of peace, to other lands depart!
To go to a land beyond the oceans Ningishzidda chose, with a band of followers thereto he
went.
Six hundred and fifty Earth years was at that time the count,
But in the new domain, where Ningishzidda the Winged Serpent was called, a new count of its
own began.

Far away in the eastern lands, beyond seven mountain ranges, was the Third Region;
Zamush, Land of Sixty Precious Stones, was its highland realm called.
Aratta, the Wooded Realm, was in the valley of a meandering great river located;
In the great plain did the people cultivate crops of grains and horned cattle herd.
There too two cities with mud bricks they built, with granaries they were filled.
As by Enlil's decree required, the Lord Enki, Lord of Wisdom,
For the Third Region a changed tongue devised, a new kind of writing signs he for it fashioned,
A tongue of man heretofore unknown, for Aratta Enki in his wisdom created;
But the ME's of civilized kingdoms for the Third Region Enki did not give:
Let Inanna what for Unug-ki had obtained with the new region share! So did Enki declare.
In Aratta Inanna a shepherd-chief appointed, akin to her beloved Dumuzi he was.

Shiv trance is ebin desu.

youtube.com/watch?v=-2FI095iZtI

That just look like your average prophetization like the ones found in Christian and Islamic currents and other cults.
It literally describes the world as it has been for most of recorded history which is probably what propelled it to be written as such.

ur lugal

Abundance and happiness were in the lands; quarrels and encroachments there also were.
All the while Inanna in her skyship from land to land roamed; near the Upper Sea with Utu she
frolicked.
To the domain of her uncle Ishkur she went, Dudu, Beloved, she called him.
To the people who in the upper plain of the two rivers dwelt Inanna took a liking;
The sound of their tongue she found pleasant, to speak their language she learned.
By the name of the planet Lahamu in their tongue Ishtar they called her,
Uruk her city Unug-ki they called, Dudu as Adad in their language they pronounced.
Sin, Lord of Oracles, her father Nannar they named; Urim-city by them Ur was called.
Shamash, Bright Sun, in their tongue Utu they called, him too they worshiped.
Enlil by them Father Elil was called, Nippur by them was Nibru-ki;
Ki-Engi, Land of the Lofty Watchers, Shumer in their language was named.
In Shumer, the First Region, kingship between the cities was rotated;

>makes you shit in the street

It was written before modern civilization was a thing

Do Hindus look at Buddhists sort of like Jews look at Christians? Like that young whippersnapper didn't know what he was talking about?

Thanks, that is a nice compliment.

I'm white, raised Christian and still worship the Christ Jeshua, and I have studied religions, mystical traditions and shamanism for 25 years. Hinduism is definitely the most advanced and complexly evolved spiritual system on Earth. All the elaborate deities make it seem goofy to people who haven't gone deep into meditative, yogic or altered states, but the Hindu cosmology (especially Shaiva/Samkhya) is actually the closest description to the actual landscape of multidimensional reality.

No not really we see the different sects as different paths on the same mountain I make the Pleb comment to rile up Buddhist

For you.

Ok so we should disregard a text that we can completely understand for something that is talking in cryptic term about foreign land?

Reminder that a handful of Christians BTFO of your entire subcontinent.

Hinduism is the Wikipedia of religions.

How do loo witches integrate into Hindu religious thought?

Yea we club them and make nice hats, we don't worship them.

>I make the pleb comment to rile up the Buddhist
I respect that.

It's easy to think of Jesus as another Avatar. He's pretty similar to Krishna and Buddha.

Really regret not paying attention in Sanskrit classes. My entire family is proficient in it yet I'm a retard that can't even form a proper sentence. I will look up learning sources online desu.

I am a comparative mythologist.

I dont think you should ignore the veda. I think you should read them and compare them to the stories of other cultures.

And look for the Similarities.

Because those will lead you to Truth.

POO IN LOO GENERAL /PLG/

While a bunch of inbred pakis btfod your island
They are essential to the ecosystem

If you can read and write Hindi you are almost set their are near perfect hindi translation of everything, but yeah learning sanskrit is an essential if you can

But not make assumptions like Indus valley was given to 'kali'

abraham is the closed source malware vector

hinduism is just about a single god and everything else is his dream even other gods. its monotheism .

you can dress it up all you want but only buddhism escapes the monotheist trap in the 5 standard religions practiced today in that there is no creation god.

hinduisms creation god is the dreamer. he is singular and without him nothing would exist and when he is about to wake he self inserts in the dream to fuck every one up. all other gods are different incarnations of him

Are you Gnosis bro?

Keep this shit in your LARPagan generals, faggot.

Why is the Hindu thread so comfy but the Christians can't stop fighting over which sect is right?

Because hinduism fight in real life.

I have a print of this mandala hanging in my room. I have a large appreciation for Indian and Buddhist/Hindu art.

The figure in the center is a Nepali/Tibetian Buddhist diety although the mandala also includes many other deities and figures. I'm not sure but I think the two figures in the bottom corners are Ganesha judging from the elephant head and Shiva judging from the dwarf he is standing on.

The display of all the religious iconography from different traditions in the mandala among the scenes of ordinary life and townspeople I think illustrates the culture of the Indian subcontinent at the time where you had all these various gurus and sramanic sects traveling around teaching people in addition to the already established Brahmanical/Vedic religion.

My native language is Hindi, so its easier for me but I still know very little Sanskrit. It was the only subject in school where I sucked and had nightmares I would fail.

Bhai, bhagwan ke liye, please don't spam your merchant folder.

Most Christians are strict literalists which leads to squabbles over minute details.

why not

Oh I did have a sanskrit subject in school but all my knowledge of sanskrit is from my parents,.
>hindi is my native language
Where are you from

The mods 404d the image for some reason so a link would be appreciated

sometimes that happens if the internet connection is spotty but then I'll refresh the page and they show up again

art-prints-on-demand.com/a/nepalese-school/mandala-of-amoghapasa.html

Apart from everything good our religion is, how do you explain the superstitious malpractices of our rural regions. You must be aware of a few of them?

North, cow belt region :^)

Elders in my family know Sanskrit, I used to take their help when there were exam next day and I knew I was going fail.

there are only low-resolution pictures of the whole mandala to be found online it seems but you can see from this close-up photo the level of artistry

what's the indian/hindu view on orthodox buddhist countries like those in mainland SE asia?

and what if your guys view on the spread of buddhism to east asia? it seems that east asians never really embraced buddhism the same way that the burmese/thais/cambodians have.

And the concept of a central conciseness is still present in Buddism what exactly Is the difference.

They are ancient Indian practices we retailed, if they hurt no one we should retain them, you never see the Japanese questioning their culture

youtube.com/watch?v=wGkcQmzysu0

Btw Rakhi coming up lads.

Name one Japanese cultural practice that is at par ridiculous as this. And why shouldn't I question our practices? It's not Islam that I'd be beheaded for questioning preachers or fatwas. Or is it?

More like there's nothing to fight over, just a stale religion with no backbone. Idolatry of what man has made, blind to Christ and God.

There's a part in the BG that says how women are inherently stupid and must be controlled or otherwise face overpopulation.

What does the holy text of the hindus say of the creation of our universe?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasadiya_Sukta

We have women goddess too so we understand the position of women in society
They hunt whale and dolphins, the Hungarian spin dogs I can go on and on, I am saying you can't question the legitimacy of the custom if it's something worth phasing out the people who practice it will decide not some bozo in the city

>tfw too intelligent for creation

I see the mentally ill tripfaggot is here. Stay in your containment thread with your real flag on autismo.

We couldn't care less, Buddhism is almost irrelevant here

>youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
This video is so memeable

I started watching it, and fell asleep for like 2 hours