What denomination of Christianity follows the Bible the closest?

What denomination of Christianity follows the Bible the closest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3TvlcVUzo
archive.org/details/Babylon-Mystery-Religion-Ralph-Woodrow
gotquestions.org/Christian-relics.html
youtube.com/watch?v=9lKIe5bG6Ew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Coptic

Oh yeah. Forgot about them. Most likely because they've been deliberately murdered while the msn looked the other way
I was going to say Baptists, Methodists, Church of Scotland
But Coptics is probably correct

Westboro Baptist Church

Aren't they actually Calvinists?

And Calvinists say that you need to use the Bible as the basis for all interpretations about the Bible and God. Thus, it's impossible to follow the Bible any more closely than to literally follow everything in the Bible without outside sources.

But they say that Jesus didn't die for everybody...

The congregations supporting and supported by Jack t.Chick

No, they say not everyone is destined to be saved.

The difference being, they know that if God is all knowing and all powerful, then there must be a divine plan for everything, and everything is predestined. Which you will recall from your Bible, is what it says. God's plan, etc. Hell, open Revelations and you can read the exact number of people who get saved.

Protestantism.

where do the jehova's witnesses rank in this?

Christianity and Islam are just unauthorized sequels to Judaism.

Catholicism, because Catholics actually put the Bible together in 397 AD. We wouldn't put together and promote a holy text that directly contradicted our own teachings

One with a Christ centric view of salvation. So many most of them. Exception include mormons and jehovah witness which are openly proud of writing their own Bible or ignoring large portions of the New Testament.
Coptic and Eastern Orthodoxy meet my basic definition of Christ centric, but their church writings (think vatican) incorporates Eastern religion concepts like Nirvana and Karma and those little shrines you see in the far east are in everyones home. They were heavily influenced by heathen lands and invasions (like catholic/pagan similarities) and assimilation by buddhist/shinto/hindu, even much of their art (paintings etc) have chinese art styles with large bubble heads.

This. Christianity is about tolerance and Protestantism is the most tolerant branch.

None of them, Christianity is a dead religion. Maybe Christian Identity does.

There are no denominations. Jesus never wanted "denominations". There is the one true holy catholic apostolic church, and then there are various offshoots/deviations from the truth.

That doesn't make any sense. If everything is predestined then how the hell does prayer work?

>Hey God, you uhh... know that thing you were always planning to do since the beginning of time? Well can you please uhh... do that exactly like you were going to do anyway?

This

Islam

Nah mate. It's about faith, and Protestantism is the only branch that doesn't make it about materialism too.

>One man acts as a conduit to god
Heretical desu.

Church numbers were at similar levels during he enlightenment, and it bounced back- just like it always does. Humanity always has and always will have a longing for a higher power.

a bible believing christian

That too, Orthodoxy is based on leaving money after every ceremonial.

Your prayer is predestined too then, it could be answered later, just saying.

How accurate is this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3TvlcVUzo

Islam

Implying that Jesus didn't establish a hierarchical structure among his apostles in order to set a precedent for the structure of the Catholic Church (which the apostles started, of course).

If Jesus wanted us to use written texts and nothing else, then he did a horrible job, as Jesus wrote practically nothing. Everything was passed orally, (tradition) which is why Catholics believe in both scripture and tradition.

And tradition, from the beginning, has established a Pope at the head of the Church, and a hierarchical system below him. And I do mean from the beginning, as shown by the writings of Saints from around 90-100 AD (St Iraneus, Clemente of Rome, Ignatius of Antioch, etc).

Christianity desyroyed the Roman Empire.

I can think of no Christian denomination that tolerates unrepentant sin.
A Christ centric Bible based faith is all that matters and therefore there are no denominations.

Why would you wanna follow the whole bible closely?

The OT is not the god of the NT

You wanna swallow the bait the pagans put in there hook, line and sinker?

>Non-fat women playing D&D
Pssh, I wish

Church hierarchy doesn't make the higher ups closer to god. Church hierarchy is about spreading the faith and missioning.
Unless you're a heretic, then it's about money and power.

Messianic Judaism/Christian Identity

>Old testament written by pagans
>not jews

100% - adding to this with catholic requirements are unbiblical

No one ever said that it makes the higher ups any more important in Gods eyes. However, they do have certain abilities and responsibilities that laymen do not have, just as the apostles did over the other Christians they converted. It was established this way because Gods kingdom is a hierarchy, thusly his kingdom on earth would also be structured as a monarchy (among several other reasons).

No, it didn't. Overexpansion and immigration killed it. If Christianity killed Rome, then why did the Byzantine Empire, an Empire that practically became a Christian theocracy, last for another 1000 years and capture so much land, power, wealth, etc? Or all the other famed Christian European empires (Frankish, Portuguese, Spanish, British, Russian, etc.)?

Jews are Pagans.

Let me explain from my Gnostic Perspective.

The Jews stole the stories from the Hebrew bible which became the OT from the Sumerian Tablets.

The Sumerians worshiped a Pantheon of gods. You know them as the Anunnaki.

Enlil, Enki and their Father Anu.

Well the Jews choose one of them to be their Lord and they claimed he was their Highest god.

Then they said his son is their Messiah.

You have to understand that the Lord of the OT is the Demiurge.

We are talking about an Archon who claims to be God.

Not a calvanist, but you are not supposed to pray like that. Only the lords prayer in secrecy is asked for. As God knows your desires long before you ask for them. Calvanists believe in pre destination which is that everyone is either a member of the elect or a reprobate, and this has been all predetermined before you were born. This is all reached via Jesus' parables on salvation and Theology on the perspective of a lawyer; that being John Calvin.

The God who spoke to Abraham Moses and Noah is literally God. Just like Jesus is literally God in human form, same as the Holy Spirit since Pentecost that dwelleth in believers is literally God.

That means nothing matters at all. You are just the plaything of some deity.

No dude, he is not literally God. He is Literally Enlil and God is literally a word for a Lord.

You are confusing the gods with a little g with the God with a big G.

This is what the Pagans want you to do. Fall into their trap.

Protestantism to answer your question.

But anyone knowing anything about Church history knows that just following the bible is wrong. But yes, Protestants follow the closest, this is not a good thing though.

>Jesus is literally God in human form

Jesus is the Son of the Creator of All that is.

But Yahshua is the Son of the Demiurge.

You need to figure out the difference fast.

Why did Jesus never mention the fact that the God all his followers were basically Satan then?

>One Lord, one faith, one baptism.

There's only the Catholic Church, that Christ and His apostles created. Everything else is a Satanic lie.

Hey let me ask you one thing.

And if you dont have an answer then you need to rethink your position.

Ok here goes,

If the Lord of the Garden wanted to banish us from the Garden to keep us from the tree of Life because he was worried that we would gain long lives and have the same longevity as him. Then why would he be the one to send his 'son' here to show us Eternal Life.

At the Last Supper Jesus was trying to show us the Bread of Long Living and the Elixir of Life that would give us that Longevity.

This is why he was crucified.

Not some nonsense pagan idea that he died for our Sins. That comes right out of the OT and the Idea of Original Sin and the Fall of Man.

He did, he said that they were of their father the Devil.

But you have to know that the bible is heavily edited by pagans to make you believe their side of the story.

Protestants

p. sure Jesus didn't set out to create a pedophile ring.

What did Jesus say to his disciples when they debated who was the greatest amongst themselves?

How come not even the Pope has the authority given onto early Christians by Jesus to cast out devils and heal? God is all powerful. Don't confuse knowing what someone will do with that of choosing for them. Just because you predict the idiot will fall off the cliff doesn't mean that the idiot didn't choose to. Also, I am not a Calvanist because he based his theology on code of law; not the code of grace and that of Christ like Luther.

Why don't Protestants celebrate Mass?

How can he be all powerful and all knowing at the same time?

How can he know everything and change wtv he wants?

If he knows everything then change is not something since he knows the outcome and it would simply be things as they should.

If he can change wtv he wants then he can abandon a cours of event, which he will end up not knowing about, for another cours of events. Meaning he prefers one cours over another. Implying imperfection of knowledge.

squaring-circles

Kek, the God of the Old testament is YHWH.
He is the God who gave the ten commandments to Moses, the same Commandments that Jesus preached.
Jesus Christ was a YHWH worshipper.

Your talmud is wrong schlomo

>celebrate Mass?
that's a funny way of spelling "scoping out which kids to rape that day"

we celebrate the Sabbath as a congregation, much truer to what Christ taught.

Nope, you just havent read enough Gnostic and Sumerian texts to see the Truth of who the Hebrew Lord is.

Your following the Demiurge as God.

Anyone cuck who is Catholic needs to only read this book: archive.org/details/Babylon-Mystery-Religion-Ralph-Woodrow

>If the Lord of the Garden wanted to banish us from the Garden to keep us from the tree of Life because he was worried that we would gain long lives and have the same longevity as him.

this doesnt really accurately portray the story at all.

But that wasn't because Moses and everyone else was worshipping satan, it was because the jews of the time of Jesus rejected him and they did not follow the teachings of the old testament god.

looks like idol worship, relics are not Biblical. While they may have cultural significance, God does not reside in them and touching them doesnt put you closer to God.

Catholicism is the bastardization of Christianity

Moses went up mount Sinai to talk to his Lord Enlil. There he got the tablets of destiny. They are the ME's that contained all the rules for civilization.

Your 10 commandments is a dumbed down children's version of the real story.

When Moses came down he saw that his people he saved from slavery in Egypt were worshiping a Golden Calf Idol.

You have to understand that was a Symbol of Marduk.

Marduk was the god of Egypt known as Ra. His name means the Solar Calf.

A golden calf idol is a representation of Marduk the Solar Calf of Utu.

He is the Son of Ea Enki.

He became the Adversary of the one you call Yahweh. If you dont believe me then go read the Book of Abramelin the Mage.

Buddhism

I thought you guys were like the Early Christians though?

>The earliest surviving account of the celebration of the Eucharist or the Mass in Rome is that of Saint Justin Martyr (died c. 165), in chapter 67 of his First Apology.

>The descriptions of the Mass liturgy in Rome by Hippolytus (died c. 235) and Novatian (died c. 250) are similar to Justin's.

The New Testament contradicts you immediately schlomo.

Pedophilia is just as prevalent among Protestant ministers

Your talmud is wrong schlomo.

Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— therefore the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden, to cultivate the ground from which he was taken. So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life.

>And God wrought by the hand of Paul more than common miracles. so that even napkins or aprons were brought from his body [and put] upon the sick, and the diseases left them, and the wicked spirits went out.

Looks like you don't read the Bible, Prot-boy.

You are a Saturn worshiping Cuck.

Why don't Protestants call the Virgin Mary blessed?

"Relics aren't biblical"

What on earth are the statues of cherubim that God COMMANDS the Jews to construct, statues/relics that are to be used in religious ceremonies.

Worshipping statues (golden calf) is my the same as using beautiful things in the pursuit of glorifying God. This is why Catholic Churches are so chock full of beautiful things, because Gods Church should be beautiful.

Take Judas in the NT- when he tried to stop the other disciples from soaping the floor of the area where Jesus would preach from, claiming that Jesus was too humble for it, Jesus condemned him for it.

lol

>Babys are born with heart defects so they die before they're baptised and go to hell.

>people are predestined to commit suicide and go to hell.

you Christians are wacky as fuck.

You are speaking of foreknowlege which Calvinism denies

The *original* Christianity

*is not the same

Ex-Protestant here. Most see it as idol worship.

Which is pretty strange considering this verse from the Magnificat.

> For he has looked upon the low estate of his bondmaid; for behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

gotquestions.org/Christian-relics.html

Nobody is fool kike. Try again next threadbut dont start quoting the talmud because it gives you away.

I think it's the whole statue and iconography thing You guys pray to her, right? If so that's probably part of it.

Sins of the father....
Inb4
>*tips or fedora* heh ahctuuualllyyyy le flying spaghetti derp lel :DD plz upvote!!
Go back to where ye came demon!
>>>r/atheism

Forgive me for my lack of understanding, but how so?

>posts link to some heretic's bullshit.

No, thanks. Read the Bible, Prot-boy cuck.

Judaism

Orthodox Christianity

See Didnt feel like screen capping,but it has the common Protestant view on relics well written.

First you claim relics aren't Biblical. I post a verse from Scripture proving you wrong and you link to some heretic's personal opinion on the matter.

>Prot BTFO like usually.

I actually dont know what your talking about.

Because I never read the Talmud.

I am a Gnostic and I read the Nag Hammadi and the Sumerian Texts.

Infighting(civil wars), debased currency, (((them))), plague, uncontrolled immigration, granting citizenship to non-Romans, hiring unreliable mercenaries to do their fighting, giving total power to nutcases, had nothing to do with it.

>Exodus 25:17-22

>17Thou shalt make also a propitiatory of the purest gold: the length thereof shall be two cubits and a half, and the breadth a cubit and a half. 18Thou shalt make also two cherubims of beaten gold, on the two sides of the oracle. 19Let one cherub be on the one side, and the other on the other. 20Let them cover both sides of the propitiatory, spreading their wings, and covering the oracle, and let them look one towards the other, their faces being turned towards the propitiatory wherewith the ark is to be covered. 21In which thou shalt put the testimony that I will give thee. 22Thence will I give orders, and will speak to thee over the propitiatory, and from the midst of the two cherubims, which shall be upon the ark of the testimony, all things which I will command the children of Israel by thee.

more to follow

>Numbers 21:8-9

>And the Lord said to him: Make brazen serpent, and set it up for a sign: whosoever being struck shall look on it, shall live. 9Moses therefore made a brazen serpent, and set it up for a sign: which when they that were bitten looked upon, they were healed.

more to follow

Relics arent Biblical period, its idolatry. My faith in Christ isnt somehow stronger by touching a long dead popes skeleton, sorry. By all means keep thinking so, just remain faith in Christ and i'll still call you my brother. This animosity you feel towards Baptists etc is not mutual or reciprocal.

Be 1st Century Church:

Men could debate and ask questions, women remained silent. Now everyone is silent except for paid staff.

Lord's Supper was a full meal. Now it is a bite of crackers.

Teachers were paid in proportion to their teacher services; now every pastor collects their checks even through youtube does a better job of teaching then they do (done by college professors who already get paid for their services).

Reformation needs to continue.

>Don't confuse knowing what someone will do with that of choosing for them. Just because you predict the idiot will fall off the cliff doesn't mean that the idiot didn't choose to.
Except when you literally create said idiot knowing that he will fall off the cliff.

There's no way around it, predestination makes God evil.

God's knowledge of what will happen in the future. Since it is just him knowing, he did not say cause you to do something but rather he knows what you would do.

youtube.com/watch?v=9lKIe5bG6Ew

>The Apocalypse 8:3-4

>3And another angel came, and stood before the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given to him much incense, that he should offer of the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar, which is before the throne of God. 4And the smoke of the incense of the prayers of the saints ascended up before God from the hand of the angel.