How did YOU survive the 2008 mega recession?

How did YOU survive the 2008 mega recession?

By not being poor

I became a male prostitute, specifically catering to old men who get off on humiliating a helpless pale twink. I got super gay in 2008

I did not.

this

by being 14

It wasn't that bad. I don't know what all the fuss was about.

started over at minimum wage in a new field, worked my way back up

I was 15.

By being a child

Graduated high school, couldn't get even a basic job in my smallish town of about 20k because every job was filled with older people with longer work histories trying to make it by.

Rent was too much, had to move to another state and live with some family for a while.

Had a hard time finding work there, too. Father passed away, got some inheritance, enough to set my life up by about 2010.

Lied on my resume, got a good job, and here I am.

It sucked.

I was an undergraduate on a physics degree. Only autists couldn't get a job after that

wasn't born yet

Worked off the books for cash while collecting sweet gibs that, unlike negroids, I paid into.

Hope the joke was worth it cuz you gonna be b&d

I sold a bunch of shit to a bunch of anime loving nerds at premium prices. Made a good 30k in 4 months.

Being NEET is a very effective survival strategy during economic crashes

Was in college ya fuck

How long do you think we have until the next one, where the market truly corrects when the governments cant even kick the can down the road anymore?

2008 was all drumpf's fault

yep, also family business flourished while society went broke

Got a job thanks to my step-father being a foreman at a construction company. I did that one summer. The other semesters in college I did research assistant work, which didn't pay well at all, but it paid for gas and lunch.

When I got out of college, I was lucky enough to be picked up by a defense contractor that was serious about recruiting younger folks. I'm buying a house now, so all is well.

Not worth guessing cause nobody knows. all we know is it's an inevitability based on the current system and global debt numbers in the literal trillions

>couldn't get even a basic job in my smallish town of about 20k because every job was filled with older people with longer work histories trying to make it by
Thats how it still is right now

Forget leaf distraction threads.

Sup Forums pol is being very successfully flooded by distraction & concern agents. You know the altern8tive venue. Go there for real news and discussion. Better yet, go on social media to spread awareness to normies and show your support for President Trump come hell or high water.

Real happenings include:
-Awan connection to Elsagate sexualization and fetishization of children through YouTube
-New Wikileaks dump deep state hacks for nearly all devices (but still weren't catching bad guys)
-President threatens to put congress on obamacare
-Things coming to a head between Trump and DNC/RINOs/MSM/DS

Things are moving fast on the offense front. Keep pushing. Zero energy wasted on defense.

(drop a red-pill and type "sage" in options field and report off-topic distraction threads)

>physics degree
>makes wildly broad and inaccurate statements about economics and psychology

every single time

found a job as a programmer with only having 3 years experience for about 78k a year in the very worst of 2008

this is why you need to major in computer science

Got a trade. Made $$$

>economy crashes
>10 years later
> I'm buying a house now, so all is well.

what did the new normal mean by this

This. Physicsfags are beyond reproach

bunch of know it all knuckleheads

Well, somebody told us Wall Street fell, but we were so poor that we couldn't tell.

Cotton was short and the weeds were tall, but Mr. Obama was gonna save us all.

I was renting with my wife, and three kids. Got a letter from the bank asking us to move out, because the landlord wasn't paying the mortgage, and was being foreclosed on. My rent was $700 a month, I immediately quit paying rent. The letter gave us 30 days, I talked them into 60 days, saving $1400 in the process. I then bought a foreclosed house in a better neighborhood for $5K cash, it's last mortgaged price was $57K. At that point we owned it free and clear, and had more money than ever.

Started out a business cleaning out foreclosed homes, boarding up windows, and keeping their lawns mowed. Bought a second foreclosed home for $5.5K, rented it out for $600 a month. Chrysler going bankrupt, bought my wife a brand new Chrysler minivan for $7K cash, should have been $16K.

Saved enough money to put my daughter through U of M, without needing a loan. Bought distressed stocks, such as Ford for 63 cents per share, sold at almost 17 dollars a share.

Thank god for the recession! Without it, I would still be a wage slave at a factory. The recession literally saved our family, propelling us firmly into the upper middle class.

Good on your for being smart and keeping your head about you in the recession. Your smart thinking saved your family from the fate that others experienced.

Honestly did well, had manager level jobs in 08 & 09. Had a couple shitty years after though

I didn't realize it happened.

This is the great thing about recession that all the leveraged faggots don't want you to know about.

They want the economy to be heads I win tails you lose, for all their bets to succeed all the time.

I can't blame the boomers for acting this way. If all my savings were tied up in the stock market because I'd been conned into piling it in via my 401k for 30 years, I'd probably stay quiet when they introduced TARP too.

I was 14 at the time going into high school
It sucked growing up during that recession and we are still dealing with the fallout from it.
>Money was tight
>Got noting on Christmas
>Wore the same clothes all throughout high school
>Got maybe a couple of shirts every year, And still wear them today
>Funny I am writing this as I wear my sweater I got before I entered highschool nearly 9 years ago

>Never got that start up job that allowed me to save up for more serious purchases in my late teens early twenties
>Had to take breaks along the natural school cycle and still in college at the age of 22, looking to graduate when I turn 24

Its like having a handicap on life because we had such a late start in life. Normal my parents were doing at my age, I won't be able to start doing until my 30's. Like an entire decade behind.

>Lied on my resume, got a good job, and here I am
I had to lie on my resume to get "A" job, and still do. Between school and trying to find work. I've been employed for no longer than 6 months. Like employers don't want you to do anything else but work and sleep. Try and change your availability and they show you the door, And if you put in anything other than open availability they won't hire you.

>2008 was 9 years ago

By not identifying with the poor.

All I got for Christmas was a thong

I was on heroin

I was 18 and just graduated high school when I got out there was no job opportunity so I just stayed on heroin

I did, my job, my wife, my house didn't.

Don't let ANY fucking boomer tell you that the millennials got a fair shot at doing something productive with themselves.

Getting nothing on Christmas, using the same clothes, buying shirts every year, poor boy.

nice larp faggot

>18
>already on fucking heroin
>in 2008

Jesus christ user, how did this happen and how did it stop?

I went from an engineer making 85k to being unemployed to building a business and having my brother dick me out of 250k to being a teacher making 50k

I have a house, I have a car, I have a new wife and everyone in America can go fuck themselves. I'm so tired of this bullshit country, the boomers, the immigrants, fuck everyone

I'v been able to get steady employment since 2011 outside of a period at the end of 2016 where despite being a young and able bodied white guy I couldn't get even the most basic ass job.

Do you mind telling me some of those jobs you were employed with 6 months or less?

I did end up just lying on my resume to get some jobs.

>no job opportunity so I just stayed on heroin
how did you get money?

how the fuck did you afford herion?

greentext pls

Tell me about your bro bro

I'm saying good relatively, honestly.

I don't need much, make more than enough to get by and live comfortably, but others wouldn't consider it enough.

This. A bear market is the best opportunity to buy stocks, people need to know that the market ALWAYS rebounds.

My liberal parents had me brainwashed into thinking nothing was wrong even though they suffered for it.
Now I own a 3300sqft house and they still won't admit liberals are shit.

It happened on Black Monday, 1987

Happened again at the end of Bush years (2008).

At the end of every 8 year Repuke term, they punish the economy because they've been raping the tax brackets.

Watch for 2023 if Trump makes it that long. They'll be nothing left for the middle class.... all sucked to the very top.

Literally everyone around me complaining
>Oh darn that pesky job market
Switched jobs to earn raises but otherwise it was fine. People got fucked but I was legitimately untouched because I'm not an shithead

is that what he meant?

Same as always, I built multi-million dollar homes and jews bought them.

By being a sophomore in high school

>lost it all
>25 years of planning gone in the span of a year
>homeless; lived (no LARP'ing serious shit) in the woods for 2 1/2 years; no water, no power, no income, no money, odd jobs, worked for food, cleaned port-a-shithouses, sold puppies, worked on farms, lived in a mens shelter temporarily
>still not fully recovered
>come yo Sup Forums to laugh, get verbally shit on, ridiculed, mocked and called various choice names

none of us "survived"; we're still in it.

The debt ceiling train wreck is coming October 2017.

2008 was good for me I was fighting fire down in Cali all summer.

I was too busy being a third-worlder to notice

I got my first programming job in 2007, rode through the "crisis" completely untouched

We never actually recovered from the 2008 crisis. We just postponed it. And now there is a much larger bubble about to burst. And it is multiple ones.

I didn't.

I still live at home with food stamps.

>thought you were meming for a second
>you werent

Fun white privilege factoid, the recession didnt touch us - my crack addict leftist mother is what put us in financial dire straits.

Thanks leftist propaganda and female empowerment - the true destroyer of western nations

I was in the army. I reenlisted, sat back with a cold beer, and watched the world burn and everyone get all depressed.
Also, I was stationed in Florida during the worst of it. So I got to go diving right out back, exploring mangrove swamps and shit, and swam with a fucking manatee or three. Then on the weekends I visited Orlando, where I had dangerous sex with fast company.

Shit was fucking ace.

2018-20 recession will be worse than 2007-09.

Consumer confidence peaked in 1845, 1931 & 2017 - all the nation's economies collapses into depression.

Recessions happen usually when Republicans have power of the presidency & US congress.

I asked to be put into a medically induced coma until Obama was no longer President.

>Recessions happen usually when Republicans have power of the presidency & US congress.
I wonder why?

I was too poor to notice

Because previous to that, it was democrats who had run of the house and enacted policies which fucked things over.
Fun fact: Not a single Bush policy was traced to the recession. In fact, it was all Clinton Policies that caused that mess.

I was deployed to Iraq so I didn't even know America existed 2008-2009

I made a good salary in the Obamanomic era. I'm adaptable.

had no debt and a few bucks picked up some cool classic and decent trucks. just so.d one I bought 400 drove it 70000 miles on the new tires came on it. sold it for 4000 same tires. picked up a vette 800 dollars put a few hundred in it can prob sell now for 10k+ small time I know compared to the jew land/home flippig..but goyim gotta try.

>2008 was 25 years ago

>1997 was 58 years ago

>get laid off
>can't find work
>start drinking
>still can't find work
>homeless, sleeping in car
>can't get welfare because fucking white male
>can't get job because fucking white male
>can't get education grants because fucking white male
>lie and get janitor job after putting that I was multiracial
>rent room and enjoyed depression for a few years
>finally back to making 50k a year

It taught me that no one gives a fuck and will drop you in a second. On hard times and want some help? No one gives a shit. It also cemented my racism.

I have to work and pay a significant part of my check to social services that will never be available to me.

1997 was a powerful year..

I was 12

I had a great paying job in a market that was barely effected.

Probably metal theft.

Petroleum?

Yep. billions of people think friends in shit matter. bullshit. rarely do people realize till shit goes sour that no one gives a fuck about anyone else as long as they get by. this should be taught in public schools.

>Toys R us
Employed over the Christmas vacation for a whopping 70 hours over 3 months
>Temp agency
This was the hardest point in my life. Took a year off to pay a school bill. Owed the school directly not a loan, so couldn't take classes until it was paid.
Worked in a factory doing back breaking labor, with illegals who were regularly deported. And ex-cons/petty criminals who were mandated by courts to work. This factory being the first place they were referred to (Back to work program)
>Crowd management
Worked for a summer at crowd management place during a major sporting event. Was for about 3 weeks, but it cut into the school semester. Barely got 700$ out of it
>Kmart
Barely gave me 19 hours a week and started interfereing with the next job I got a few weeks ago(Worked here for a month and a half). They were constantly hiring new people because people always quit once they found a job that gave more hours. They also wanted people to have a full open schedule.
>Restaurant
Now working at a restaurant which paid me more than Kmart. I attribute this all to the new administration scaring Mexicans into hiding. Giving me 32+ hours a week. But they aren't flexible with their hours. Already fired a guy who said he had kidney stones and was in pain that one day.

Going to have to quit in late august because school starts up again. What am I suppose to do, not go to school? Just work somewhere until I break something or have a medical issue? None of these employers offered sick leave or any benefits whatsoever.

everyone in my area is on heroin(so cal) my brother died 5 years ago from an overdose.

I started shooting up at 16 I'm 26 and clean now

I used to pan handle and just hustle everyday it's really not hard to get 10 bucks here and there to dose up

there were no jobs, my dad sent me juve right as I was turning 18 I was on probation for possession. my best friend at the time sold a half ounce of heroin to an undercover cop and i was there so my dad took the op. to get me locked up

I didn't clean up I was homeless from 18-20 then got cleaned up and got a job e economy was shitty so I don't mind that I was homeless those years

Was inn my senior year of college in 2008 and realized I couldn't get a job with the degreeI was about to get. I dropped out, enlisted, and really didn't even know the financial crisis happened until it was all over. I finished a different degree online while on active duty, got out of the military in 2015, now solid middle class.

Yeah it blackpilled me pretty hard. All the LARPers on this board want to talk about preserving the white race but they would leave you dead in a ditch if they could.

I posted to 56 job sites and got a job op.

Joined the military.

I graduated from college in 2007, interviewed for a job and found out I was hired towards the end of Dec.

Started work in 2008 as a programmer. Not great pay but pretty good for the midwest and not being in a major metro area.

The 2008 recession was mostly just a thing I heard about on the news not something I ever experienced. It must have hit certain areas really hard and others barely at all, I didn't notice much of any change in our community.

Food pantries, food stamps, while under the care of my grandma who then worked at a small laundry mat ran by an old dude and his adult son that were dicks to her and uncompassionate over her bad joints (wouldn't let her sit down even though all she did was stamp tags on clothes and not even seen by customers) . I had to either go to work with her after schools or go to a free after school program that was poorly ran and maintained.

She had to retire a few years early so didn't get her retirement benefits and it was fucking hard. We had maybe 200 to spend after bills for the whole month between the two of us.

I didnt. Finished school in 08 and still jobless

Nigger he is lying. No one of that level of success wasted their finite life on this website.

I have Jewish friends. I'm not joking at all. All of my work (finance, marketing, media, natch) came through my Jewish connections. Of course, these people barely worked at all, their lives and careers consisted of talking to others about the work that goyims were doing for them:

>rich kike wife (we made out) of kike business guy
>kike professor
>literal rabbi
>kike lawyer
>kike mathematician

Actually, a single one of my connections was a beautiful Aryan goddess who would never fuck me because she is a normie. I can only fuck hipster chicks (not complaining, also not marrying them).

I've always been well-off, and I have distanced myself from nearly all Jewish connections, which has not damaged my wealth.

I didn't need to be as quick on my feet as user, yet I went from less than him to more.

Why am I here? I don't need to work that much anymore (semi-retired at 30), and gamergate started my journey to the far right.

>I've always been well-off
to clarify, i have been well-off compared to people who started how i started (with literally nothing)

Joined the army.