Is Detroit a meme?

Is Detroit a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aktLRiWXfqg
youtube.com/watch?v=qsR75gf8108
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No, I've been there.

They even have comic book stores.

Its one of the most drug & gang infested shit holes i've ever seen. It's worse then like africa wildlands with gangs of roaming niggers with ak47's riding in the back of pickup trucks waiting to rape & kill people. Because in Detroit they're not out in the open they're hiding in cars with blacked out windows waiting to shoot your ass in some drive by so they can take your wallet and go buy crack so they can turn around & sell it to some white girl before they pimp her out to 20 different guys in some back alley

Detroit being a shithole is a meme, but it's also a shithole.

They are making a movie and a video game about it. Can't be that bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=aktLRiWXfqg

Detroit is just cold Baltimore.

Detroit is still a shithole
Midtown is unironically nice because of the college and gentrification
Corktown is fun but is filled with hipsters and is extremely close to horrid ghetto
Downtown (Campus Martius) can be fun, bars and nightlife are still full of nigs but there isn't as much crime as you'd think
All the neighborhoods are literally no go zones, spend some time on Google Street view to get a taste

Been here my whole life. It fucking sucks and way way way way too many Niggers.

Any good documentaries on Detroit?

It can't possibly be worse than Buffalo.

That photo looks like it's taken from some city building game with random buildings stuffed together.

I'm in Detroit right now actually. I just flew in but I can offer some insight

The architecture is outstanding here. So many great art deco and neoclassical buildings. Sadly, though many in the downtown area are well preserved, you could see on the way in that many of the old brick buildings on the outskirts of the downtown area are deteriorating. Honestly though, so many of the buildings here are just gorgeous. It probably has the highest concentration of nice buildings compared to shitty modern buildings of any big city I've been to. It saddens me to think of how beautiful and livable this town must have been in its heyday.

That brings me to my next point. You can definitely tell that the city isn't in its heyday. I haven't left the downtown area (the area most focused on urban renewal) because I know if I venture out of it, it is abject shit. That is a given. But the downtown area still feels empty. The main streets are sparsely populated and some streets don't have any people at all. It felt eerily quiet the whole time I was walking through it. Also, there didn't seem to be any sort of distinct restaurant scene. Every place we passed by was either a chain or a like an overpriced hotel bar+grill.

Most of the people I saw were white actually. Probably didn't live in the city center but I never saw much of the black population. I only saw the effects of urban decay that they brought when they moved here in droves

this youtube channel has a lot of dashcam videoos from around detroit

youtube.com/watch?v=qsR75gf8108

not a meme. its a dead city filled with aggresive nigger zombies.

-former detroiter

From detroit; no lies detected

buffalo is shit but for different reasons

>Also, there didn't seem to be any sort of distinct restaurant scene
Detroit got killed off before any kind of local cuisine could be established. Frankly, Michigan as a state only really exists north of the thumb and in the UP. The entirety of Wayne County is a pit.

What the Republicans in the state legislature need to do is grow a pair and just oust the entire city governments of Flint and Detroit, the Democrats have proven repeatedly that they cannot be trusted to run a city.

oddly enough, detroit has more redeemable qualities than Flint. Flint is a niggerberg hell hole.

It makes me sad. Like this is what white America would have looked like before everything went to shit in the mid 20th century. Art deco paradise with 80+% white population and great public spaces and full of quaint neighborhoods and cultural centers.

Jewel of the midwest and bastion of American manufacturing. Gone to shit and probably ruined forever

Can confirm, but that's only because they keep the sports block clean.

Turbo gentrification and meme city status within the decade.

>The entirety of Wayne County is a pit.
ehhhh, northville? plymouth? plymouth twp? canton? grosse point? grosse ille?