Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide...

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It's still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center's statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world's most "atheist" nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world's most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn't stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up it this thread:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21319945
en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/04/24/camerons-christian-country-what-the-numbers-say-about-religion-in-the-united-kingdom/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What if I'm agnostic? Do I count as an atheist?

Atheism is not a religion.
Sage goes in all fields.

I don't know.

Atheism isn't a religion just as not believing on flying cows is not a religion. The lack of a belief in a God does not being with it an entire cohesive ideology. Fuck off retard.

>niggers and mudslimes breeding like flies
Amazing, this is a great thing.

>Atheism isn't a religion

Bet you wouldn't go into atheist church and say that, it's all these fedoras have.

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21319945

Also,

>Atheist church

Imagine the smell...

See

>Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world's population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,
What are the numbers is absolute terms not relative populations?

Just because Muslims are exploding in population doesn't mean groups are shrinking.

You're only further supporting my argument. Atheism doesn't bring with it a cohesive ideology like a religion does. So some retards started an atheist church to trigger religious people? Has nothing to do with me. I don't share any beliefs with them, except the lack of belief in a deity. A religion is cohesive and absolutely by definition. Even the many denominations of Christianity share the same basic thesis. Atheism has none of that, but I understand why you want to attach the accusation of religiosity to atheism.

>Hey guys guess what
>smart people are a minority
>tons of new christian and muslim niggers breeding like fucking rabbits every day
>that must mean that atheism is wrong lol cuz there's so many niggers that believe in kike on a stick

Wow what an argument. You have convinced me to believe in sky dad.

agnostic is ever more fucked
>Agnostic says there is no evidence for or against the existence of our Creator (big letters, yes)
means basically agnostics claim to have processed all existing data and knowledge to conclude so
>means: the agnostics believe to know it allready all…

You can put it that way, but the way I see it, it merely means I don't know one way or another as of now.

t i p p

>Atheism is in decline worldwide
This is entirely due to the rise of Islam.

>deity. A religion is cohesive and absolutely by definition. Even the many denominations of Christianity share the same basic thesis. Atheism has none of that, but I understand why you want to attach the accusation of religiosity to atheism.

All atheism stems from ignorance and worship of the self. It is a religion in and of itself, by virtue of the faggotry of its adherents.

Well, at least you can just say "fedora" every time you lose an argument. Because basic skepticism is apparently "pretentious" according to retards that believe in jewish fairy tales.

wrong
what agnostic really believe is
>I don't have any fucking clue what's going on, and if you were honest with yourself, you'd say the same

I don't think that's quite right, mein kraut vruend.
Agnosticism is only the thought(belief) that the existence of gawd can not be proven or disproven. Even agnostics are theist or athiest in some way. You can't prove or disprove, but you still think god exists or does not exist. It's a stupid middle-ground for the spineless.

>atheism
>religion

sage

Nice to see

Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006. It's been kicked to the curb by everyone.

Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war.

Let me take you under 18s back to the year of 2006:
>atheism on the rise on the internet with their voices getting more heard everyday
>atheist leaders like Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens are respected voices in the community
>r/atheism is one of the top boards on bleddit
>corporate stores trying to push things like "Happy Holidays" and having "Holiday Trees"

Cut to today:
>Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens (may he RIP) viewed as complete psychos for their insane political/social views
>r/atheism moved to the basement of bleddit because it was embarrassing euphoric garbage
>things like "Reason Rally" draw less than a Hitler impersonator at a bar mitvah
>atheist communities tear themselves apart over things like elevator gate (giving rise to New Atheism, and Atheism+, which are less successful than just regular Atheism)
>constant rape and sexual assault allegations at atheist conventions (even atheist leaders like Lawrence Krauss are accused...by other atheist leaders)
>"Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees" are a distant memory
>liberal atheists in Britain crushed by Brexit

And quite frankly all this bad stuff wasn't even needed. All it would have took was one euphoric quote and a couple of fedora pictures. Christianity is still kicking 2000 years later, and atheism is at it knees because of a jpeg of a fat guy in a fedora. Sad

t i p p p

OP is a rasheed

It's always funny reading statements like this from religious retards when they're always the one accusing atheists of being pretentious fedora tippers. Never any arguments or logic, just accusations and demonization of atheism because they know they can't actually argue in favor of religion.

All this really says is that China is becoming more Christian. China is such a huge chunk of the population that if the Chinese begin doing anything en masse it will create a giant shift in world numbers. If China started converting to Zoroastrianism en masse the Zoroastrianism would become the world's fastest growing religion. If China was formerly mostly Christian when this happened, Christianity would become the world's fastest shrinking religion.

Christ coming soon
But first
>Europe downfall (4th Reich [4Heasd], the Leopard from Daniel)
>Establishment of NWO (either islamic or 4chanic) i.e. the dragon beast, i.e. turkish soldier amount in Nato = 2nd highest

... whateva, Christ coming soon!
>

tippedy tipp

>Muh proof

Ahh, the cry of the scared fedora. The problem with that (((argument))) is that no natural laws can explain the existence of anything. There is no cause for a beginning or the organization thereafter.

If there is a beginning there has to be a cause. We know there was a beginning. We also know that nothing creates nothing. So why is there anything at all?

Not only does the universe exist but it is finely tuned for our existence.

The multiverse and computer simulation theories exist to explain away this paradox. They are based on zero facts. There is no evidence that supports these theories.

Occam's razor would suggest it was created by intelligence that exists outside of time.

>Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006. It's been kicked to the curb by everyone.

Oh my gawd, liek...religion is sooo hip and cool. Jamal and Saieed are totally like...in right now. They have sooo many babies and only liek stupid white western educated people question my special book teehee

Fucking idiot. Nobody cares what inconsequential opinions you have about atheism on a global scale. Having more people believe in religion does not make it more valid, it just means there's a lot of really stupid people that exist.

Many of the Nazi leaders hated Cuckstianity. Hitler trashed Christianity in private calling it kike shit and was a deist, Goebbels left the church, Himmler was a pagan, Bormann was an atheist.

Only because Islam is growing. It seems we have a common threat here christcucks.

hmmm let's see

implying causation from statistically insignificant correlations

yep, atheist r so smrt

I think it's more an argument about the irrelevance of atheism than the validity of anything else

>No one cares

Fedoras do. They hate it. And that's hilarious.

>Proof and evidence is stupid
>arguments are jewish trickery
>my own theories are correct because occam's razor dictates that whatever sounds simplest to me must be correct

I'm honestly slightly depressed over how stupid you are. There's nothing to even say. You are legitimately dumber than a nigger so I can't even reason with you.

Occam's razor would suggest that an all-powerful designing creator is less simple than the world just naturally working as it does without this creator, and so the world just working is a better or more likely explanation. That's why Occam's razor is stupid, the simplest answer is not the best or most likely for virtue of it being the simplest, it is(simply) the simplest.

Then explain:

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

"The völkisch-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will."

My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian, I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."

"We tolerate no one in our ranks who attacks the ideas of Christianity ... in fact our movement is Christian."

>inb4 4d chess

You're referring to the French translation of Table Talk, which was a proven forgery as the two anti-christian statements seen not found in the German original.

Once again, atheicucks show their ignorance.

>muh kalam cosmoglogical argument and finely tuned universe argument

Been addressed and debunked many times

>Never any arguments or logic
here's an argument for you:

physical constants exist. we can explain and predict many things, but we can not explain where the physical constants came from, how they were derived, or what purpose they served.

how were these physical constants selected?

i don't know, but i identify whatever force created them, as God.

what now, white boi?

>Three lines of green text
>Two sentences
>One ad him

>No arguments.

Kek.

But if you want to discuss something consider this - one of the many amazing prophecies of Jesus Christ from the Old Testament is that of verse 1 from Psalm 22:

>"O God my God, look upon me: why hast thou forsaken me?"

Many people have said, "Jesus said God has forsaken him on the cross, how could he be the Messiah?"
Jesus was invoking Psalm 22 on the cross. The Psalm was wrote around 1,000 years before Christ was born.

This is significant because a few verses later in the same Psalm it says this:

>"They have pierced my hands and feet."

Some renderings have it;

>"they have torn holes in my hands and my feet"

Strange. It would appear that Jesus Christ invoked a Psalm wrote 1,000 years before He was born that seemed to tell of His very unique death, crucifixion; which did not even exist at the time Psalm 22 was wrote.

Psalm 22 goes on to say:

>"They parted my garments amongst them; and upon my vesture they cast lots."

This is another strange coincidence. It is known that the Roman soldiers gambled, or "cast lots" on Christ's garments as He was being crucified. If Christ was utterly out of His depths and defeated; why does this Psalm--that was invoked as He was in unimaginable pain--foretell of exact circumstances of the very death He was experiencing? Circumstances that no one could have known?

Not only this, Psalm 22 ends by foretelling the great rise of Christendom, which was achieved based on the very death that Christ Himself was experiencing, that the Psalm undeniably addresses:

>"All the ends of the earth shall remember, and shall be converted to the Lord: And all the kindreds of the Gentiles shall adore in his sight."

At the time of Christ, only one tribe was expecting a Messiah. This Psalm called forth by Christ on the cross predicts His death to an exactitude, and it just happens to predict the unprecedented worldwide conversion based on this death.

>almost no atheists in Africa
>1.2 billion africans

I have no idea what's dragging that average IQ down.

It's a perfectly logical middle ground. I don't have any evidence of the existence of a deity, let alone a specific one, and I don't want to act on faith alone, but at the same time, I don't want to say that it's impossible for some sort of higher power to exist. There's so much humanity has yet to learn.

>While a small number of writers accept these publicly stated views as genuine expressions of his spirituality,[12]the vast majority believe that Hitler was skeptical of religion generally, but recognized that he could only be elected and preserve his political power if he feigned a commitment to and belief in Christianity, which the overwhelming majority of Germans believed in.[13]Hitler himself stated that his reluctance to make public attacks on the Church was a pragmatic political move.[14]Goebbels wrote in April 1941 that though Hitler was "a fierce opponent" of the Vatican and Christianity, "he forbids me to leave the church. For tactical reasons."[15]

>According to theGoebbels Diaries, Hitler hated Christianity. In an 8 April 1941 entry, Goebbels wrote "He hates Christianity, because it has crippled all that is noble in humanity."[62]

en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

Hitler wasn't a Christian, dumb fuck. Why do you think Positive Christianity was a thing? He sought to eliminate all Jewish traces of Christianity and engage in revisionism that Jesus was an Aryan and not Jewish in origin. He shittalked Christianity is his private writing constantly. He might have been a Christian during early Nazi years, but all his colleagues and people that worked with him when he became the Fuhrer say he was hostile to it. He was a Deist.

being religious is like being the ultimate cuck

do what your sky daddy says and be a good boy or your sky daddy will get mad

>pewforum.org
pewforum.org/2015/05/12/americas-changing-religious-landscape/
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/04/24/camerons-christian-country-what-the-numbers-say-about-religion-in-the-united-kingdom/
You are welcome to say that because of China's massive population changing to Christian that this influences the world totals. However, in the western world, religion is on the downward trend.
This is by the same website where you got the source that you yourself are using, now.

Again, if you think critically all the OP says is that China is becoming more Christian, and China has a lot of people.

You realize you still lose then right? They outbreed you and will continue the future of humanity while you fade away and fade into total non existence.

>Wikipedia as a source
>Post war (((investigation))) as a source

I bet you believe the Holocaust too, huh cuck.

In the Secret Conversations with Hitler, two recently discovered confidential interviews were given by Richard Breiting in 1941. Breiting was a member of the German People's Party. In these conversations, (which were actually more private than the Table-Talk), Hitler reveals his aims and plans. Like the Table-Talk, the notes were taken in short-hand. Unlike the Table-Talk, which Hitler knew would later be revealed, Hitler was assured that his statements would be kept secret. Moreover, the Secret Conversations were authenticated as written solely by Breiting (unlike the editing by Bormann). Yet nowhere in these conversations does Hitler denounce religion. On the contrary, Hitler mentions a conciliation with Roman and German Catholicism where

>"people like von Papen and many others are establishing good relations with the Vatican."

In Hitler-- Memoirs of a Confidant, Hitler reveals himself through conversation to colleagues from a conference on economic policy. In it Hitler is reported to have spoken, glowingly, about raising the

>"treasures of the living Christ,"

> "The persecution of the true Christians and sanctimonious churches that have placed themselves between God and man and to turn away from the anti-Christian , smug individualism of the past,"

and

>"to educate the youth in particular in the spirit of those of Christ's words that we must interpret anew: love one another; be considerate of your fellow man; remember that each of you is not alone a creature of God, but that you are all brothers!" [Turner, Ch. 23]

Nowhere in the Memoirs do we find a Bormann-like anti-Christian statements as found in the Table-Talk.

If you use the fact that you do not know as evidence for the claim of God being the source, that's just circular reasoning.

>I don't know why X
>I think Y is the reason
>Y is the reason because I don't know why X
Logic is not your strong suit, my friend.

In your post, you either have no proof for your claim, or you are using circular reasoning.

wtf? hello stupid, it seems you made an investment in stupid stock with this post. the post you are replying to used an argument, a pretty logical one at that, yet you dismiss it as everything but. did you even read it? i suppose not, you were too busy browsing your stupid stock portfolio. you are wealthy with stupid. congratulations stupid

prove that you exist without using circular reasoning.

this is the thing with you fucking atheists, you have an autistic hatred of faith. so what if i'm using circular reasoning?

Atheism per se is fine, but this cancer fedora atheism 'im better than thou' was specially designed to undermine Christianity and make people not take it seriously.

You all are seeing the results of it in Europe.

>no arguments
m8 you tried to use Occam's razor of all things to support your claim, I don't think you're in much of a position to parse out what makes a good argument lmao

Also funny how you respond to him with a giant post because he insulted you, but didn't bother to respond to my post just under it here that actually rebutted your use of Occam's razor, when I bothered to explain why it's stupid. Keep cherry-picking.

This

>Atheism is in decline worldwide

because white people are in decline

By the best measurement of our empirical data, it is very likely that I exist. You can say "well "how do u know that ur eyes can see or that the paper is even real lol" but at that point you can't argue about anything yourself because nothing you say can truly be verifiable by your own metric.

Circular reasoning is dumb by the logical proof I just provided you. It can be used to "prove" anything without evidence, that is why it is dumb.

>I don't know why there are physical restraints
>I claim it's because something not measurable about Christians due to their population is why
>Christians existing is why we have physical restraints because I don't know why
Great argument to kill Christians so we can ascend to God-hood, because circular reasoning is retarded. My evidence as to why Christians keep us addled with physical constraints is that I don't know why we have physical restraints. If that is an acceptable level of logic for you then we can start rounding you all up because that level of discourse can be used by uncharitable individuals if it is accepted as public discourse.

His reasoning is sound. Physical creation from nothing is impossible, this stems from the fundamental axiom 'energy can neither be created or destroyed'. At the same time we know that the amount of entropy in a closed system will always increase until it reaches an equilibrium thanks to the second law of thermodynamics, another fundamental.

Now, seeing as the physical universe exists, and we know that a physical system cannot be it's own cause, all that's left to say is that the cause must have been metaphysical. Meta, being Greek for beyond.

This doesn't point to evidence for Christ being God, that's a whole other ball park involving moral law, prophecies, etc, but it does point to the existence of a 'prime mover'. That's what he's saying is God.

Sorry you're such a brainlet, atheicuck.

You're wrong Hans. Agnostic is the position that there's been no demonstrated evidence for God and in fact so far all provided definitions are actually unfalsifiable.

This copypasta is so 2015

why would it matter if someone is wrong or right in an argument against an atheists?
they will never approach moral arguments because the atheist cant build any, and those are the only times being right and wrong, matter
prove me wrong

>Occam's razor would suggest it was created by intelligence that exists outside of time.

Hahahahhahahabababah

Sorry, I didn't respond to you post as I was replying to someone else and got side tracked.

Anyway, your argument is flawed because it looks only at the physical. Only atheists think in terms of science vs religion. Think of it this way, science is the measure and study of the physical using observation and experimentation. By it's very nature it cannot presume to offer any substantial view on the metaphysical. You cannot materially quantify the immaterial. It's like looking through a microscope and trying to find an atom of justice or a molecule of mercy.

I hope you see why you're being fallacious.

Jew here, I converted when I was 15. Realized what a fucking fedorafag I was, did some reading, and became a Jew.

>inb4 muh nazi

It's fine guys. I'm actually a National Socialist myself.

That's a mighty fine argument atheicuck.

It's well accepted by modern Christians that God caused the Big Bang. It was first devised by Catholic Priest and Physcist George's Lemitre you understand.

Fedoras of the day hated the idea, because it points to the idea of a creator. All the cool atheists back then thought the universe was eternal. They had maths 'proving' it and everything. But then they realised LeMotre was right, and have spent the last 50 years trying to show how a Big Bang can happen without a creator. They gave up in the end as said 'well it's impossible to know how it happened, but we know what happened 0.0000002 seconds AFTER, so obviously it doesn't matter how it happened'

Can you see the irony?

>per se
>but this cancer fedora atheism 'im better than thou' was specially designed to undermine Christianity and make people not take it seriously.
fedora atheism and atheism are the same thing stupid

>physical creation is impossible
>a being that is a God can manifest physical creation
>a being that is a God is impossible
Understood.
>the physical universe exists
The funny thing is you say his reasoning is sound and he just argued that you can't prove something actually exists, but we'll forget about that idiot. I at least will agree that the physical universe exists
>we know that a physical system cannot be its own cause
This is based on the assumption that something that exists must be created. Please prove this. Don't bother responding to the rest of this post, that is wasted text. Your entire argument hinges on this and I doubt you can prove it.

>your argument is flaws because it requires proof
No, your argument is flawed because it does not.

Agnostic isnt it's own religious view.

You can be an agnostic muslim or a gnostic atheist.

Agnostic just means you aren't an ignorant douche.

Agnostic = I THINK my religious views are right but there is no proof and it is just an opinion.

Gnostic = I KNOW my religious views are right and that they are a factual part of reality.

I still dont get how you dont realise this is due to the disproportionate rise of the africans and arabs that is causing this

>You see, it's been our misfortune to have the wrongreligion. Why didn't we have the religion of theJapanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? TheMohammedan religiontoo would have been more compatible to us thanChristianity. Why did it have to beChristianitywith its meekness and flabbiness?

You're looking at quotes by Hitler during early years. This is a problem.

>opinions that aren't arguments
>atheists are wrong because they can't be right
>prove me wrong
Do you agree that circular reasoning is retarded? That was my claim there.

>i dont believe in god.

>MUH SPAGUETO MONSTER IN THE SKY UNICORNS AND INVISIBLE MAN BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DINOSAURS? OMG OMG RELIGIOUS ARE SO STUPID CHECK OUT MY KATANA

It's the difference between a held belief and a political position. Not every Christian is a Christian apologist, not every atheist feels the need to tell his family at Thanksgiving dinner that God isn't real so he won't be praying today.

So, you're denying that causality exists?

Christ atheicuck, you're grasping at straws here.

You're sourcing quotes from (((private post war sources))) that contradict everything he ever said or did.

Occams razor would assume the universe always existed and to not think too hard about it.

These quotes come from his close colleagues you idiot. When you have multiple quotes that he said to different people shitalking Christianity, then the guy probably wasn't a Christian in any meaningful sense.

I'm asking you to prove that physical matter needed to be created, when you yourself said here that
>Physical creation from nothing is impossible
Please try to reconcile your two beliefs. You say that Physical creation is impossible, but also necessary.
Now try to do that without saying
>God did it I don't gotta prove shit
or
>it's just the immaterial that you can't measure you need faith(read:God did it I don't gotta prove shit)

>things need a CAUSE

No they don't. Quantum Mechanics proves this wrong as some of its effects that are observed were completely random with no cause.

Even if you accept it, this means that God must have a cause too. Otherwise you'd be engaging in special pleading. If god requires no cause then I can also claim the big bang doesn't either.

Atheists worship the state. Atheists are overwhelmingly Leftist. Repent.

It wasn't an argument, I was laughing at you because you don't know what occams razor means and your arguments are nothing but irrelevant points or logical fallacies. If you're serious about s debate let me know a more appropriate platform. Sup Forums is dire for debate.

If you don't then I'll leave you with my position so you don't have to make up things you think I believe.

Atheism, defined as not accepting the claim a God exists because there's been no convincing evidence presented, if any evidence at all, is the most logical position to take because of you believe one claim that's presented in an unfalsifiable manner then there's no reason to not believe anything else that's unfalsifiable. You can use all the derogatory names for atheists all you want but one day you'll hopefully realise we're as varied as any other loose category of people. I'm not part of any movement and I'm not leftist. I understand that a lot of vocal atheists seem to be massive factors but they're a loud minority imo.

Again if you want a proper conversation let me know where, I always enjoy testing my logic.

>Quantum Mechanics proves that every piece of matter and energy could spontaneously inhabit a single point of space and time and then rapidly expand to the point of forming the fundamental forces responsible for our universe to function, including the quantum mechanical ones.

That's a mighty fine opinion Reddit, shame it's demonstrably wrong if you spend more than ten seconds thinking about it.

>many atheists worship the state
>so as a category I say they all do
I'll be the first to agree that many atheists worship the state, but that is not what makes someone an atheist. Many Christians are bad at logic, but I won't pretend that they all are. I will call out the ones who are when I see it and reserve judgment otherwise.

Which is why agnostics fail. Like atheists, they're trying to quantify the metaphysical and can't. That's what the whole foundation of faith is based on. At the end of the day, an agnostic is just as spiritually dead as an atheist, he just wants to hedge his bets.

I'd love one.

Do you believe Morality (capital M) exists, and if so what is the moral arbiter all men judge themselves by?

Are you going to reconcile how by your own admission it's both impossible to physically create matter but still necessary to do so without falling back to "God did it I don't have to prove shit?" Just say "no" if you aren't going to.

I said it before and will say it again the millenials and gen z will soon to be the most religious generation.
I already know a few people that been le edgy know it all atheists that became Mormon and are going to church every Sunday lol

Physical creation from nothing cannot happen in a physical system, the cause must be metaphysical.

That statement implies a metaphysical cause to the universe. Nothing more.

There are several reasons I believe in the Christian God, and most of them are moral arguments, but my point that a physical system can't have a physical cause is just common sense.

Try to keep up brainlet

>the cause must be metaphysical
See now I asked you to reconcile those without "God exists I don't gotta prove shit." And you still fall back on unprovable metaphysical nonsense. I also said if you weren't going to do so, just tell me. I thought I was being reasonable. Was I not being reasonable?

>demands physical proof of the metaphysical
>gets pissy when given it
I'd say you were being unreasonable. Unless you had some method of matter springing into existence from nothing that DOESN'T rely on the metaphysical.

Fantastic let's go. Can we create a reddot page or something? Believe it or not I've never used it.

So I believe morality exists? Interesting question. You'd have to define it for me first. I believe there is such a thing as agreed ideas of what's virtuous amongst people within culture. If you mean some form of objective moral laws then no I dont think they exist. Lots of people claim that they do and they know what they are but to me morality only makes sense given a particular context where there's an outcome to fulfil. I'd expand but I'm on my phone that's killing me with predicated text.

>Implying the biggest statist faggots aren't hard-core flag-waving Christians.

I'm atheist. Im a classical libertarian.
You can't deny the overlap between statism and Christianity in the United States. Fuck off before you give your pre-written "Republicans are about states rights/small government" answer.
No they ain't.

Hourly reminder that papism is worse than atheism.

Meta, being Greek for beyond.

If the cause wasn't physical it must have been beyond physical.

Once again, I'm not saying it was God in that statement. This 'beyond' might have been another system with a different causality, or the result of something completely unimaginable.

When you see the word metaphysical, and instantly think 'sky daddy's or whatever it is you fedoras do, you only belay your own ignorance. As in, you literally don't know what words mean.

You fucking brainlet.

>(((atheists))) destroy religion in white countries, destroying morals, marriage, and the family unit
>muslims and other invaders that they let in are super religious and take over
>athiest dont breed so (((atheism))) dies out

Well it's not really proof unless you can prove both
AND
>Physical creation from nothing is necessary
The second one he has still yet to prove, unfortunately. That just seems to be tacked on to his belief system.

As I said before(and earlier)
You need to prove both of those claims, that both
AND
>Physical creation from nothing is necessary
We can both agree on the first one, we agreed with the first one from the start and your repeated explanations of the first in substitute for your explanations for the second are a bit disingenuous if it's purposeful.
Yeah things exist, why did they need to be created?

And yes "metaphysical" logically ends in sky daddy, because if you accept one piece of non-provable nonsense, it makes way for the rest.

Everyone who isn't institutionalized in church is effectively atheist for all practical purposes.

In every research poll, Pew or otherwise, atheists are overwhelmingly liberal and espouse strong Social Justice views. It never ceases to amaze how many conservative/libertarian Sup Forums atheists pretend like they're not glaring exceptions.

>prove a negative

That's what I'm saying, because he is the one who is making that claim. Thank you for agreeing with me.

>says everything needs a cause to exist
>cite a phenomena that has random events with no cause
>"r-reddit fuhdora"

>Atheist unironically shilling for Reddit

I have no reaction image for this.

>Lots of people claim that they do and they know what they are but to me morality only makes sense given a particular context where there's an outcome to fulfil.

Exactly my point. The problem with this is the assertion that it is possible to determine what is right and what is wrong without God. It implies a fundamental inability to concede that to be effectively absolute a moral code needs to be beyond human power to alter.

On this misunderstanding is a supposed conundrum about whether there is any good deed that could be done only by a religious person, and not done by a Godless one. Like all such questions, this contains another question: what is good, and who is to decide what is good?

Left to himself, Man can in a matter of minutes justify the incineration of populated cities; the deportation, slaughter, disease and starvation of inconvenient people and the mass murder of the unborn.

I have heard people who believe themselves to be good, defend all these things, and convince themselves as well as others. Quite often the same people will condemn similar actions by different countries, often with great vigour.

For a moral code to be effective, it must be attributed to, and vested in, a non-human source. It must be beyond the power of humanity to change it to suit itself.

Its most powerful expression is summed up in the words 'Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends'.

The huge differences which can be observed between Christian societies and all others, even in the twilit afterglow of Christianity, originate in this specific injunction.