Redpill me on the Confederacy Sup Forums

Redpill me on the Confederacy Sup Forums

Were they as bad as they say they were?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Or_V_xDXuBg
youtube.com/watch?v=hl0ZpHvZGjw
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/
youtube.com/watch?v=2kh6GqEXPvU
youtube.com/watch?v=rVuUrbAq0Vs
youtube.com/watch?v=YI16zDNFLec
civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The real americans.
Yankees are cucked.

>Were they as bad as they say they were?

Truth is the first casualty of war

Heres some nigs explaining an interesting take and 3:35 might have something there. The civil war was about getting outdated farm equipment out of the field.
youtube.com/watch?v=Or_V_xDXuBg

Nothing like having two nations talk like drug dealers to get a point across

The first mass Democrat tantrum. Most died.

This is true. Look it up.

The Confederacy was ideologically the same as the US prior to secession. The Confederate constitution was based almost entirely on the US constitution with only a few minor exceptions. Southerners or northerners sympathetic to slavery essentially ran the entire federal government in the early and mid-19th century. For example, Jeff Davis had served as Sec. of War and had been the most prominent member of Prez Pierce's cabinet. Southern secession was caused by the election to the Presidency and strong pluralities in the legislative branch of a party dedicated to the containment of the southern means of production...and very profitable northern gains as well.

So both in principle and personnel the Confederacy was simply the US prior to the election of Republicans.

In my opinion, they were morally wrong, but probably legally in the right.

they were absolute morons to chimp out the way they did
they seceded because lincoln won the election and before he took office
every state listed slavery as the primary reason of leaving the union
they had no industry
they had less manpower
they had less rail
they were entirely dependent on england and france trading with them for the extreme majority of their economy
absolute morons

What I have come to understand from how all of white history has been portrayed is the following.

>white guys and portrayed as evil
>Men who bravely fought and dindu nuffin

>White guys and portrayed as saviours of Western Civilisation
>Probably a Jew

Fuck is that supposed to be an American flag? Butthurt traitor complains when someone becomes a traitor. Good goy.

youtube.com/watch?v=hl0ZpHvZGjw

rejoin the damn bongs if you're so caught up in the founding fathers being traitors

And still killed way more of you than you killed of us. We also created the first ironside warship, and the first submarine to successfully sink an enemy ship. How does it feel to almost lose to a less industrialized enemy that you grossly outnumber?

I can't wait for the rematch.

They were treasonous scum that got exactly what they deserved. The only mistake made was telling Sherman to stop at the sea instead of zigzagging all over the lower Confederacy and hanging all the traitors.

The idea of a noble Confederacy is nothing but lies spread by the traitorous losers, to propagate the idea of a "gentlemans war", rather than a brutal civil war fought because the Confederates couldn't give up the most evil of institutions, chattel slavery, as they explicitly stated in their declarations in leaving the Union. Even the idea of Robert E Lee as a "good slave owner" is nothing but a myth.

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-myth-of-the-kindly-general-lee/529038/

Its only sad and delusional rednecks like this that can't accept that the thrashing they got was generous, considering their crimes, that say shit like "the war of northern aggression".

>You'll never suceed against the might of the forces against you so don't even try

Same faggot different age. Although I think Texas should have maybe struck out alone with the getout clause they got.

Marx supported the north and abe lincoln.

We support the south folk.

Adam Serwer is a senior editor at The Atlantic, covering politics.

Polish Jew, color me surprised

idk but they make good music

youtube.com/watch?v=2kh6GqEXPvU
youtube.com/watch?v=rVuUrbAq0Vs

1) The US was originally a Confederacy of sovereign nations. The Articles of Confederacy were replaced with the Constitution because the Central Government had no way of paying back the soldiers who fought in the Revolutionary War against England. Southerners wanted to stay a Confederacy, but grudgingly accepted the Constitution AFTER the Bill of Rights was added.

2) There was no law against secession when the US was founded, and the majority of people identified as whatever state they were from. They were South Carolinans, Georgians, etc., first, and Americans second.

3) Northern identity based on belonging to sovereign states was weakened due to mass influx of immigrants. The South receives a much smaller share of immigrants.

To be continued....

REEEEEEE yankies get out

youtube.com/watch?v=YI16zDNFLec

The South did nothing wrong

jesus m8 why are you so mad about it tho

no reason to be upset :D

Why not read the South in their own words?

Mississippi is especially blunt about it.

civilwar.org/learn/primary-sources/declaration-causes-seceding-states

they lost. The winners get to choose the narrative.

The south lost to the christian north. Lincoln prevented the union from fracturing.

>The south lost to the christian north

Did they....start worshipping trees down south?

4) Northern and Southern concepts over what the legitimate role of government is differ from the beginning of the US. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson (most nationalist and libertarian presidents ever) were southerners. John Adams was the first northern president, and enacts the Alien and Sedition Acts which temporarily suspend the 1st Amendment. Thomas Jefferson begins talking about Nullification and secession. (sorry, this should have come before the last number)

5) Northerners see government as an agency of change, southerners see government as a necessary evil for dealing with foreign threats, and don't want it in their personal lives.

6) Slavery is mostly eliminated in the North, but maintained in the South because northern factories rely heavily on the cheap cotton, which they then process and sell to Southerners at a higher price, as well as selling it overseas. In other words, northerners incentivise the continuation of slavery, and rely on foreign labor staff their factories.

7) Slavery is ancillary issue to most southerners, and in fact there are also southern abolitionists. The government of Virginia was prepared to end slavery prior to the Nat Turner rebellion.

8) The primary concern for southerners is representation in Congress. Since Southern states are less populated, they remain a minority in the House, but since every state gets 2 Senators it's important that for every new state colonized by Northerners that another state is colonized and set up by Southerners.

9) Abraham Lincoln wins the election of 1860 because the Democrat party runs multiple candidates, and not a single state in the South votes for Lincoln.

10) Southerners decide to secede because they don't want Lincoln as president. Lincoln's top priority is to keep the US together as one nation, and does not see each state as sovereign nations willingly participating in a greater whole. Lincoln promises during and after his campaign not to abolish slavery.

Make sure you take your time to read South Carolinas declaration as well. Its also pretty blunt.

I am alluding to the abolitionist movements in the north.

The south DID have it's own christian movements (pro-anabaptists) but we cannot accept them as more than justification for the continuation of slavery -- which was economically expedient.

I am familiar with the arguments that most slave owners were kind to their slaves. Regardless, this meant a convenient disregard for the humanity of their workers.

Damn, Christianity does make one a commie.

>North wanted to abolish slavery, and remove blacks from America
>South wanted to keep the blacks in America

Southerners were retards who didn't understand Lincoln's 4D strategy to remove all blacks.
Had he not been killed, America would be more white

11) The newly formed Confederacy begins to evict US military personnel, which mostly leave, but at Ft. Sumter Lincoln orders them to stay, directly putting them in harms way in the hope of provoking an incident.

12) The Confederates fire on Ft. Sumter when the Northerners attempt to resupply the fort, and Lincoln has his excuse to invade and attack the south.

13) Lincoln does not make the war about slavery until after the northerners win a significant victory, at which point he declares the Emancipation Proclamation, an executive order which ONLY frees slaves in Confederate states. Northern states where slavery exists are allowed to continue.

14) Lincoln suspends Habeus Corpus and curtails the 1st amendment for propaganda purposes. Mass immigration from Europe to New England continues apace, and the new arrivals are drafted into the army to be used against the South.

15) At the end of the war the 10th amendment is essentially destroyed, even though it still remains on paper.

16) Cucked up liberals rewrite history to make the Civil War about ending slavery, when in reality what they fear is another popular uprising which could undermine their power structure. Liberals have much more of a problem with rebellion against government than slavery.

Fun fact, with their court rulings over "gay marriage" liberals have breached the 1st and 13th amendment. Forcing someone to perform any type of work violates the 13th, and forcing someone to do something which violates their religion violates the 1st amendment. Liberals have no objective problem with slavery, but the idea of rebelling against government makes them sick to their stomach.

The last stand of true America against an overpowered federal government that was never meant to be.

As a southerner I would never deny that slavery (and what it meant for the south's position in the nation economically and politically) was at the root of southern secession. What many southerners dispute is the notion that the north prosecuted it's end of the war because of a grand moral cause. For the north, the war effort was always focused on suppressing a rebellion. It wasn't slavery that was morally intolerable, but political separation.

Less black but more Hispanic. Northerners are the ones that inflicted the mass immigration upon us.

the South's fight was just

You don't fight because you're sure to win, you fight because it's the right thing to do. And we'll fight again someday. I hope I'm around to join it.

Lincoln sending all the slaves back is a meme. He never planed to do any such thing.

Not so. Only southern elitists benefited from slavery, and the northern elitists benefited even more because they processed our cheap cotton and sold it back to us at jacked up prices.

The main issue for us was representation in Congress. The northerners had a lot more people, which meant that they always outnumbered us in the House of Representatives, but we were tied in the Senate. Northerners banned slavery in new territories because that would give them superior numbers in the senate as well.

the south wanted to form their own country and the north crushed them

Lincoln did hate black people though. He had them serve in segregated units and for less pay, whereas blacks who fought for the Confederacy were paid at the same rate as other soldiers, and dispatched based on need.

Friendly reminder that the creation of the federal government was what ultimately set this off. Pic related is a traitor to all Americans and all American values.

The CSA was a attempt by southern (((Aristrocrats))) to destroy the USA. While they failed in the long term they are doing a better job of it now.

I think you and I actually agree. But when looking at the attitudes of both belligerents, I think it's best to look to the leadership. The elites who ran things seceded over slavery and the elites in the north prosecuted a war to suppress a rebellion. Common southerners may have had disparate views just as SOME common northerners eventually took up the rallying cry of ending slavery.

But again I think focusing on the leadership is what's most important.

Liberal spotted

Most slave owners financed the purchase of slaves. So...another banker at the heart of the problem?

By 2017 standards sure he hated blacks. Not by the standards of the day. He was deeply into the whole abolitionist movement from many years before running for office. He didn't hate blacks but like everyone in the 19th century he did acknowledge blacks as a lesser branch of humanity. Then again the average slave owner didn't hate black either.

>07/30/17
Responded to wrong person i meant mr rematch, because the Confederates are the dems

posting youtube nigger, go kys farm equipment.

Sure thing Shlomo. Your Jew York banking class sure knows whats best for us all.

The flies around Hillary are the best part of that cartoon. I've heard that rumor for years that she smells. There's no description of what kind of smell it is, it's just that you know when she's...around. You can smell her when she's near.

I live in SC (3 years), southerners are trash. Their women are sluttier than French Canadians yet all hide behind christianity to appear like they aren't degenerates (hint: a shit load of swingers clubs and mudsharks) The guys are all effeminate and have stockholm syndrome from reactionary cops (Michael Slagger only got excessive force and is STILL out on bail) and I understand the racism as the black people down here are walking stereotypes. Meth everywhere despite the stringent drug laws.

I suppose you'd give the same treatment to Washington and Jefferson
This country was born in secession and self-government. There was no "treachery" involved, the South didn't even want a war, they just wanted to leave.
I fail to see how self-government is traitorous.

I want to bask in civil war lore, what are some good resources for raw quotes, old publications, etc untainted by the narrating of modern historians?

>Were they as bad as they say they were?

Matter of perspective really.

Pretty sad that despite the fact that over half of black babies are aborted and according to the CDC nearly 50% of US black women have herpies and 10% have HIV; they are still about 50% of the population in a growing number of southern cities just because white people aren't fucking and mudsharks are way too common

The Destructive War by Royster is fantastic. Serves as an excellent biography of Stonewall and Sherman, along with more info. I get goosebumps just thinking about that book.

James Henry Hammond and the Old South is another great one. Biography on Hammond, a South Carolina slaveowner, governor, and senator. Does an excellent job of giving an honest and humanizing perspective. Probably the best account of plantation life you'll ever find, too.

do your own research on the confederacy. Tho understand people will have biases.

But let me tell you this General Robert E. Lee did not believe in slavery in fact the only reason he joined the Confederacy was because his home state of Virginia joined the Confederacy because He was born and raised their. He saw it as home and he fought for it.

Also not every person in the south had a slave either the people that normally owned any of them where almost always the plantation owners sitting back and getting rich as hell of the free labor an crazy prices tobacco & cotton and other shit was selling for.

Not farmer Jack down the road barley feeding his family with hardly two cents to rub together with a don that might have been drafted into the war thats probably coming home in a casket .