There are people dumb enough to buy this shit

>there are people dumb enough to buy this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c9Q72qYWxKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vn4YlAlHn-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah, I don't see the appeal of these things at all.
I don't like the idea of talking to my furniture to begin with but if that's what I wanted I could use my phone for everything these things do, can't I?

youtube.com/watch?v=c9Q72qYWxKQ

I mean because of the invasiveness, invasiveness run by fucking GOOGLE.
Like, hey guys you know how google mines everything you do online? How about we let them put a microphone in our house!

the same people who actually fucking paid for windows 10

Oh yeah, absolutely that too. This is Big Brother tier and if anyone thinks these things are NOT listening in on their conversations for keywords they're idiots.
Wasn't a gaming console caught doing that too a while back?

if this were true wouldn't some hackerlord have recorded an instance of this and exposed google for recording their house for no reason?
This kind of paranoia is unnecessary if you live by yourself and the only sounds are masturbation and clacking keys.

Pretty sure that was the (((Microsoft))) Kinect, which was required to be always on.

Grove street.

At least one person bought this thing.

It doesn't need appeal, nor does it even need to be practical. So long as it looks "techie" and can responds to the user, tech addicts/frivolous Millennials will throw their money at it. These people think it's astronomically cool to give a command to a little device and watch it turn on a light.

Didn't the japs make a waifu in a box and all the preorders got sold out?

What am I looking at exactly?

Something called Tide I think.

Has there ever been a product launch with 0 buyers?

Its a button that when you click on it, it automatically orders tide for you on amazon. I have no idea why you would use this because it eliminates and chance of you finding competitive prices. It's lazy and retarded

Nope. Some commiefornia company sold these things that squeezes juice out of bags. You could get the same effect using your hands.

Cold blooded

i bought a new tv and like most now its a 'smart' tv. i plugged it into the internet once to update the firmware and thought id try out some of the built in apps. you get a nice warning that you can't use any apps without allowing voice recording. noped out and unplugged it from the internet.

your birth

Alexa: Buy google home

youtube.com/watch?v=vn4YlAlHn-Y

Wat?

it also costs like five bucks. you're paying for their advertisement

Amazon already implemented that shit box to buy thing. Because it is so easy to buy, you just keep buying not necessary shit until you become homeless. Fucking jews at its best

Some people have nothing to hide because they aren't doing anything wrong

wat

The button costs five bucks but you get it back in amazon credit

I'm not sure what's more retarded. These google home or Alexa shits or smart tvs? Have people literally never heard of computers?

Someone, I believe WikiLeaks, published info about how these things are literally listening to you all the time; even if they are shut off. Also Google/whatever tech giant is making these gives the NSA spooks free reign to access them. Anyone who gets these things is full blown blue pilled and retarded. This doesn't even include the retarded shit like little kids saying "Siri, order me 50000 cookies" and the parents getting a 100 k bill from Google.
>"Oy vey! No refunds."

many ppl in the past thought they were doing nothing wrong, until suddenly the rules changed

I have one of those for toilet paper. Super useful. Take the last roll off the holder, press the button, never run out of TP

Taking a shit or fucking your wife isn't wrong either but I bet you don't want me looking at you while you do.

Ah yes, fuck your wife right in front of it

I got it as a gift, does that count?

>these things are literally listening to you all the time; even if they are shut off.
I'd be surprised if it turned out they didn't. It blows my mind that there are people who can't figure that out for themselves. Hell, some people probably don't believe it when you tell them.
Comparing stuff to 1984 feels so cliché but this is literally treating that book like a fucking instruction manual.

oh (((you)))

I got one for free with a cellphone purchase. I went to bestbuy and said someone bought it for me as a gift and those idiots gave me 120$ worth of store credit for it.

quick blogpost:

met a guy the other day that was a friend of a friend. something was a little off about him. like as soon as he gets to my place he starts hanging shit on our mutual friend to try to impress me. not a good trait to start off with. then hes chatting to my friend about how his reddit addiction got "really bad"... then this whole google thing comes up and i sarcastically say "yeah, better to have security than freedom right?" and he wholeheartedly agrees and starts saying how he feels so much safer that google is protecting us from the baddies and that he has nothing to hide and therefore nothing to fear. had just bought a VR that we are playing, this cunt cant handle not having all the attention so he drags us back to his tiny room in a shared apartment to play some gayass game on HISSSSS computer. cunt uses a vaporizer and there are fucking glass jars all over his room filled with vape liquid, ala the movie Signs. like everywhere, on top of his cupboards, filling up his wardrobe. wtf m8. anyway the conversation again goes to the google thing and he shows me how google has all your searches stored, takes me to the webpage that has all his shit stored like its the greatest technological marvel ever and shows me his.

>local time in Israel
>dialling codes for Israel
turns out hes a fucking Jew. i have only ever known 2 Jews in my life and i have to tell you gents, the memes are pretty much true.
>mfw

we're way past 1984 danebro. who would have ever predicted that we would willingly do this to ourselves?

>paying for botnets

I mean I do it with windows and shit, so I can't really judge.

stereotypes exist for a reason

You know (((who)))

I could literally walk five minutes to the store and buy a whole pack of it. How lazy do you have to be to need something like this?

Yeah, Xbox One was revealed to be involved in NSA's PRISM information collection program.

I work for an ISP and they give away echo dots to new subscribers. The majority of people have no idea what they are, what they do, or their purported benefits, even the people offering them.

Do they actually sell?

>google is dumb enough to try and push this on a Bogdon-board

Yup this was even covered in wikileaks vault 7. Called 'weeping angel,' it puts the TV in a fake off mode and the mic stays hot.

You know what it is so why do it? Serious question. I just cant fathom why people knowingly do this when there a plenty of alternatives. Even if for gayming just pirate windows and dual boot, at least then your not paying for it.

>eliminates and chance of you finding competitive prices
That's the only issue you find with it?

I know people who do not own computers and do everything with their smart phone. What a horrible existence.

I'm not defending it in the slightest, but if you worried about being monitored you should probably get rid of your smartphone and stop browsing this site.

What do these home devices even do? My friend owns one and outside of him swearing at it to have it turn on a single lamp in the house, i never heard him use it.

lmfao!! my fucking sides!

I actually really like mine. The music feature is flawless and it does a whole bunch of other cool little things that make it worth while. It helps if you already use the google ecosystem for a lot of things, i.e. work emails and scheduling, reminders, music, etc. It does gimmicky shit like order pizza or answer random questions too, but the little things like the music and timers coupled with the clarity of the voice recognition alone makes it very worthwhile for me. And for $99? That's insane. Bought one for my dad and he nearly had a crisis thinking about how far tech has come.

Its also a cool parlor trick to make my house guests say "ok google, play (netflix series)", to have it just pop up on my TV without having to hit any buttons or turn it on thanks to my chromecast.

Yea for real, this is obviously listening to you at all times, but for the most part its out of range in most of your life. Your phone is on you at all times.

Already have it on my phone and its shite.

>paying microjew for software
>paying for any software

>bought one for dad
You are a terrible child

The thing about 4K upgrade on TVs now is that all of them are "smart". You can't avoid it now if you want the upgrade. I just recently got an LG 4K tv and dont use any of the "smart" shit or apps

t. Google product team member

This is literally everyone I've met in the past 8+ years

t. google shill