Voter ID

Why is the left so afraid of voter ID? Do they depend that strongly on fraudulent votes? Can the Democrats not win an election if dead people and "undocumented" Mexicans can't vote?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs
prospect.org/article/lynching-black-vote
thinkprogress.org/after-alabama-enforces-voter-id-shuts-down-dmvs-in-black-communities-lawmaker-wants-investigation-94de2c4a5dd9?gi=adc28ff96057
archive.is/bYvew
nonprofitvote.org/documents/2017/03/america-goes-polls-2016.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is the right so afraid of the 4th Amendment?

Yes. They depend on them to win.

> Do they depend that strongly on fraudulent votes?

Yes, unironically. Voter fraud in the major cities gives the dems an unassailable base.

>California has millions of illegals
>California gives licenses to illegals
>California automatically register you to vote when you get a license
You tell me how much Democrats rely on fraudulent votes.

I was listening to NPR the other day and they were seriously talking about how requiring ID would be some sort of tactic to suppress voting. Like seriously. I couldn't believe it.
They then went on to talk about how "we don't need more voter suppression, we already have the lowest voter turnouts in the world!" I literally yelled at my radio that that the voter turnout is low because the politicians are low energy hacks and walking advertisements and everyone knows it. Felt good!

It's low turnout mostly due to the fact of the winner take all electoral system discourages voting in obvious states. Swing states typically have 70-85% turnout. Regardless, the "get out the vote" meme is because the vast majority of people that don't vote would vote leftist if they had to because they are politically naive

Why does the left not understand a sentence of the Constitution?

Voter id suppresses the minority vote. It's racism plain and simple.

Isn't it racist of you to >imply minorities aren't capable of doing basic things like getting an ID?

I've never met a legal minority in this country that doesn't have an ID. even on the reservations the poorest indians that want their check have to at least get a state ID. you're racist as fuck for assuming they're all broke tragic figures

Is this a real complaint or just a meme? I don't really see the issue here.

yeah ok
youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs

The liberals that cry about voter ID laws are the same faggots that say it's too easy to get a gun.

>Can the Democrats not win an election if dead people

We're gonna find out in 2020. Trump is going to ram it into place, using the voter fraud panel as the pretext.

Drug tests too keep all the crackhead monkeys out of the voter boxes

You say it like its a bad thing.

No. There is only evidence of 2 elections (both non National) where voter fraud has helped someone win (both Dems). The problem is that our politics has devolved so much that the left simply opposes it because the right supports it.

>be so stupid you can't figure out how to get voter ID
>still smart enough to get to make decisions about how country is ran

Conservatives have a history of voter suppression, especially that of black people. You can demand everyone have an ID, and then close the DMV except for five hours in the middle of a working Tuesday once a month. It is a two step process, as opposed to a poll tax or a 'literacy' test. Either way, you are taking away votes. The incidence of this sort of voter fraud is infinitesimal.

Donald Bump

Considering that the left received 5 million vote for Hillary alone due to voter fraud, yes they do need fraud to win.

You just put a target on your own back.

in the 2000 election, hundreds of Florida polling places were given laptops that were supposed to filter out names and IDs of people who were ineligible to vote, such as, at that time, convicted felons.

Problem was about 10000 of those names, mostly black people WERE eligible to vote.
It never got challenged afterward because, as you will recall, the conservative majority of the Supreme Court ordered the Florida recount to be stopped
So when they set up scanners to automatically check those "IDs", people will be denied to vote because "muh software error"

I spent so much time unrigging the election that I lost my job last november. I personally made sure multiple spics and niggers didn't vote. If you hang out at the polls with your rifle coward leftiesand race mongrels back down real quick.

I do not fear fascists. Bring your 'arguments'.

You talk like this is all a bad thing.

Voter suppression for an entirely unjust reason usually is, yeah.

That would affect white people more than black people because white people have jobs.

Let me break it down for you retards. Voting is a right. But IDs have a barrier to entry. IDs are a privilege and not a right.

Therefore requiring voter IDs turns voting from a right to a privilege. But voting is a right. So voter IDs are illegal.

The left isn't afraid of voter ID. They can just read laws better than you idiots.

If illegals voted republican, the right would be anti-voter ID

They like voter fraud.
Duh.

>about 10000 of those names
see? this is why we need voter id

Lol you just put a wrench in your own argument. They would never vote the right way.

how fucking hard is it to go walk or drive to the courthouse to get a state id?

the act of voting is a barrier to entry then. not everyone can physically vote but they might want to, ever hear of a living coma?

Not when only whites are allowed.

Voting is like reproducing or driving, it's not a right and certain people should never be allowed to do so.

why is there an age restriction then?
>you see, MY barrier to entry is somehow ok.....

>see? this is why we need voter id
no, idiot, because there is a simple, almost folk-art method to qualify voters at the polling places. The people in charge of those places are actual neighbors who live on the surrounding streets, and they have practical everyday knowledge of who is living nearby.
without a system of "ID", there would be no basis to single out those 10000 names, so they could be denied their vote by "an unfortunate mistake".

no one is suppressed with an ID. Everyone who wants to drive or have residency in a state has to get one.

Why does the conservative narrative rely so heavily on the idea of massive voter fraud when you can't even provide even simple anecdotal cases of it?

you can't just show up, it requires a significant amount of documentation and also costs money, both of those are barriers to entry that make ID a privilege and not a right

Don't be absurd, you cannot know what someone in a coma may or may not want to do, there is a reason mail-in ballots exist for those who cannot physically go to a voting station

Sorry thats just your opinion, it is a right, unlike driving which is a privilege

Because the rights we offer to children and adults are very different. 18 has been determined as the cutoff between that and the point at which you assume full rights of an adult

>no one is suppressed with an ID
here are the exact details of the Florida laptop scheme:

prospect.org/article/lynching-black-vote

"As the New York Times first reported, Florida election officials devised a laptop program allowing local election officials to tap directly into the master database in Tallahassee to determine whether a voter who did not show up on local rolls was in fact registered to vote. But only one of the laptop computers was distributed to a black area.

The Times reported that the precincts equipped with laptops favored Bush. In predominantly black precincts, if a voter found his or her name wrongly omitted from the rolls, a harried polling place worker had to try to get through to Tallahassee on the phone, and the lines were invariably busy. In Miami-Dade, black votes were thrown out at four times the rate of white votes.

It also turns out that many of the blacks whose names were mysteriously disqualified were not purged accidentally. As Gregory Palast reported in the internet magazine Salon.com, Republican officials hired ChoicePoint, an outside vendor with Republican ties, to cleanse the rolls of felons - but at least 8,000 names, disproportionately minority, were improperly deleted.

Other black voters reported being harassed, turned away, or given misleading ballot instructions. Republican officials have been quoted suggesting that if a disproportionate share of ballots from black precincts were spoiled, well, you know, these people aren't too smart. Sorry, Florida voters are plenty smart about spotting racism."

pol BTFO

Does anyone remember when O'Keefe got that DNC "organizer" on cam saying they bussed people to vote in multiple locations? I remember.

If you shut down the DMV, you're creating more problems than just not giving out ID to people you don't want voting. Nobody actually does this.

>why is the left so afraid of voter ID
Because it means less votes for democrats
Voter ID is so good that even the most cucked nations in the EU have it

It's because Democrats rely on the black vote to win and blacks are able to live their entire lives without using an ID and in times of need for one they struggle to get it because none of them ever have
>Their Soc Sec card or even remember their number
>Their birth certificate
And on top of all of that most don't know where or how to get either of these two items if they need it. And even more on-top of that they don't know you can acquire a non-drivers license ID.

So when a state passes a voter ID law it basically removes the black vote from that state and blacks would rather bitch and try to get it repealed than to work out some way of getting the paperwork and work out the time necessary to acquire an ID.

The only people who support NSA spying and Patriot Act are neocons, and most people aren't a big fan of those folks, if you couldn't tell by the John McCain cancer celebrations.

Are there seriously shills that believe in not having voter ID
Your views on this are so fucking dumb that even Europe disagrees with you

>2nd amendment doesn't protect you from needing an ID and following retarded state laws
>b-but voting is sacred and shouldn't be regulated in any way!!!
fuck off retard

>Why is the left so afraid of voter ID? Do they depend that strongly on fraudulent votes?

In the cities, this is possible, but it is more a case of always screaming "racism" at anything the conservatives do, to keep the mindless base as enraged as possible. They have to win on feelings, if they let elections turn to thought and policy, they lose.

>Nobody actually does this.
holy shit dude how stupid can you be
thinkprogress.org/after-alabama-enforces-voter-id-shuts-down-dmvs-in-black-communities-lawmaker-wants-investigation-94de2c4a5dd9?gi=adc28ff96057
After Alabama Enforces Voter ID, Shuts Down DMVs In Black Communities, Lawmaker Wants Investigation

Archived that
archive.is/bYvew

>The only people who support NSA spying and Patriot Act are neocons,
>who is Rand Paul
That's why all the Democrats voted for it.

>Europe disagrees with you
and that's probably the only time you ever agreed with Europe

Libs are so fucking stupid
They'll say shit like
>Racism is bad
>NO ONE should be discriminated against
>Everyone is equal
>Non whites are just as capable as whites to do ANYTHING
Someone with logic brings up voter ID
>VOTER ID IS SO RACIST
>YOU SHOULDNT HAVE VOTER ID LAWS. MINORITIES ARE INCAPABLE OF GETTING IDs
Who's the racist now

I don't agree with Europe too much
But on this I do
Anyone with 1/3 of a brain knows that voter ID is good

>Because the rights we offer to children and adults are very different. 18 has been determined as the cutoff between that and the point at which you assume full rights of an adult
very good explanation. now you understand why a voter id is NOT a barrier to entry
after all, the rights we offer to people competent enough to get an id are different than the rights we offer to incompetents that must be cared after

>Anyone with 1/3 of a brain
sometimes the jokes just write themselves

>/prospect.org
>"As the New York Times first reported
did you even look at a single wikileak? you are peddling fake news
which, if true, bolsters the argument for a voter id

Even third world shitholes have voter id.

Some even require you to dip like your thumb or one of your fingers in blue ink after voting.

dont even get me started on destructive device permits

>thinkprogress.org/after-alabama-enforces-voter-id-shuts-down-dmvs-in-black-communities-lawmaker-wants-investigation-94de2c4a5dd9?gi=adc28ff96057
> the outcry over this move from civil rights groups, presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, and the Congressional Black Caucus.
more fake news and projection
watch project veritas

>deflecting any form of logic
If you think voter ID is so bad then explain:
Why is requiring a (((((FREE))))) voter ID such a bad thing

Its like Im so far right when I see the actual argument they use I assume your trolling because no sane person can say niggers are too stupid or poor to get IDs with a straight face.

Cold hard actual truth? Three reasons. In increasing order of true importance why they are against it:
1. It helps prevent voter fraud.
2. It WOULD, help, to prevent voter fraud if they wanted to commit it, where they aren't already. It removes a potential tool from the toolbox.

and the biggest reason, in my honest opinion?
3. It prevents total fucking morons that should never, ever vote, from voting.

Having a person be required and show proof they are who they are, to register themselves to vote, to figure the hell out both how to get to the poll they are supposed to get to, And, on top of those mighty-hard orders in order to be able to decide the nations leadership... get an id proving they can vote at the poll?

Requiring photo idea, sorts out people that are prone to tripping on their own drool from voting. But then, how can the practically downs-syndrome level fucktards that are utterly too damned useless in life to have a photo-fucking-id, in the modern age where you NEED shit to ADULT... get his little gibs-vote in for democrat McSugarDaddy and his democrat bus system for shipping in the DumbFucker demographic to the polling stations once every couple years?

It's an obstacle only to complete drooling retards, and crook bastards. I'm not sure I even knew at the time that I needed a photo id shown in order to vote in my state the first time that I did, and I still had the damned thing in my pocket. Because I am not fucking idiotic. I've never felt persecuted that I couldn't pose as LeRoy McDipfuck that lives down the road, that I happen to know is a wino that never voted in his life, two hours later at the same polling station and try to get in an extra vote for my side.

I'm certain however democrats will one day be saying registration to vote itself is racism, because how can that drunkard asshole know in his complete useless stupidity that you have to register instead of stagger belching to the polls to vote for more Schnapps Gibs-checks.

What is a strawman, you double commie.

Voter ID are racist as it suppresses the minoritiy vote. ID was established in first place so that racist police officer could more easy target people of color.

There's nothing wrong with requiring IDs for voting, but making yet another special "Voting ID" you have to apply, wait, and pay for is retarded as fuck.
What's next "Gun Owner ID"?
What about "Free Speech ID"?

Just get rid of fucking social security numbers and stupid state ids, and have one fucking federal identification that you use for everything.

>niggers are too stupid to get an ID
There
That's your point

Hanging chads.
Black vote suppressed.
The day of rope came and went without notice.

Funny, liberals turn into constitutionalists when it fits their agenda.
Something "progressive" like having a voter ID is too far fetched of an idea for these....progressives.
What a joke.

you usually have to give an ID buy a gun legally (a few unscrupulous gun show guys excluded) or to get a concealed carry permit, and the government has a record on everyone...you're a little late to the party there sweetie

No, you are using a strawman. ID requires a lot of money and time. Something which the average black person does not have.

How were people being able to vote in the 19th century when there was no IDs?

> unscrupulous gun show guys
Shut the fuck up you commiefaggot, you don't know a goddamn thing about gun laws

I have three guns, and never showed my id to anyone

>IDs required when voting in a hyper-liberal union election

Made me kek

To have a free voter ID that proves you are an eligible voter is the best way to go

I have a lot more than three and I've had to show ID for all except two, which happened to be at gun shows. I bet your guns are all airsoft you faggot.

Well they aren't... But they still have a right to vote.

That isn't new. I've actually had discussions with people who think that voter suppression is not only a real phenomenon, but it's perpetrated by voter ID's.

>niggers don't have money for an ID
>niggers don't have time for an ID
Yet, he is against racism
>IDs are money consuming and time consuming
What Im for is a voter ID that is (((((FREE))))) so ANYONE who is eligible to vote can get one.

>a lot of money
horseshit, a valid photo-id is basically free. I've lost mine like 3 times over the past 15 years, mostly because I was a dumb teenager/early twenties guy once, and even now, if I was to lose it again, it'd be like a 20 dollar "you are being stupid it's annoying" tax on me, mainly there for being a pain in the ass to the clerks, in place simply to encourage me not to lose it again.

Voting is a right, so, if you allow a non-citizen to vote or a convicted felon to vote, or a minor oto vote, you are depriving a citizen from that right (the illegal vote will undo the legal vote).

So, in order to protect the sacred right to vote, you must ensure that all votes are cast by citizens.

Even our third world shithole has a (free) voting ID

No one asked for my ID back when I bought a car.
I had to give my name and address but no one ever checked the id.

Same with phones, this list is a bit inflated with false entries.
I would sound better if it had a smaller but truer list.

you're not very understanding of your minority brothers if you think they're too dumb to figure out how to get an ID card. Why do you always sell them short? I'll tell you why because you're racist and don't think they're up to the task. This isn't 1880 anymore where a majority of the negroes in this country had no education. Face it, you use that argument to stop voter ID so your party can commit fraud and continue to steal elections. If not for the electoral college you'd have stolen the Presidential election.

This entire issue could be avoided if a picture or fingerprint of the voter was collected upon registering and then when they came to vote have the pollster look up their name on a computer database to match with the ID info on file. You already prove you are eligible to vote when initially registering, so the burden should then shift to the State if they want to scrutinize your suffrage after the fact.

The larger issues to me are the retarded notion that in-person voting should be held on a single non-holiday/non-weekend weekday. You should be able to vote in person for an entire month at least, and by mail and/or internet for several months. You can do business, sign legal documents, and register for the draft online and by mail so there is no excuse. AVR, SDR, and especially All-mail-in Ballots systems like in CO and the Pacific North West are already expanding.

Actually, only 5 states even cracked 70% in 2016, and only one of them can credibly be called a swing.
nonprofitvote.org/documents/2017/03/america-goes-polls-2016.pdf

I didn't know we let retarded libfags post here. I was told that wasn't a thing here.

If voter ID stops minorities from voting, then how does voter ID work in India, a country made up entirely of minorities? Really makes you think.

Over 50% of African Americans in Detroit are functionally illiterate, because their public schools are so bad.

They can't even read what is on their ID so your argument is invalid.

You just proved his point. If they can't read, they can't vote. Simple as that, commie.

this is an impossibly racist statement, I hope you are aware of that

Seriously. How can a liberal be so racist. I almost think it's a parody.

> projecting
Actually faggot, playing airshit doesn't qualify you as a gun law expert
I made two cash, as a private citizen. And since I'm not a nigger or a numale faggot who looks like a child, the other party didn't ask for id
The third was built from a parts kit and a flat

An ID that is specifically created to give you "permission" to exercise ANY right is the most fucking retarded thing I have ever heard
And before any retard starts putting words in my mouth, I strongly believe we should have a very thorough FEDERAL ID that is multipurpose, not just for voting

>You should be able to vote in person for an entire month at least, and by mail and/or internet for several months. You can do business, sign legal documents, and register for the draft online and by mail so there is no excuse.

You can. It's called early voting. Just have to go to the voter registration clerk, and say "hey. I want to register to vote, by mail now. Oh, and I also like to vote now." or whatever the office is called in your area. My grandparents do it every year. They literally mail you the ballot, and you mail back who you want to vote for.

But see that's probably also racism because ass has to rise from chair and levitate to said office, and you probably, the horror, have to present a photo id proving who you are.