Mississippi thread

Just got a lucrative job offer in Hattiesburg. Is this state worth moving to?

Been in Chicago my entire life but I'm looking to get out of this shithole before the budget deficit gets out of hand.

The only things I know about this state:

> hot and humid as fuck
> one of the cheapest states to live in

Thoughts Sup Forums ?

Don't take it. Imagine a place with just as many crazed gun-toting Negroes as Chi-town, but with horrifingly hot, humid weather and worse restaurant choices. That's Hattiesburg.

Might be worth it as a career move but definitely not a long term choice. As fucked up as Chicago may be, Mississippi isn't the answer.

>moves from the blackest city to the blackest rural state

Something you're not telling us user?

#1 in teen pregnancy, adult illiteracy, obesity, STDs , high school drop out rate.

Niggers aside though its not that bad. I lived there 8 years before moving on and found there are plenty of ways to enjoy yourself and most people are pretty nice and not as pretentious or rude as up north. Cost of living and low population density make it great for certain types.

I'd love to live in an area that's only 50% black.

Do not do it.

Half of my family moved there from Philadelphia. It did not turn out well. There is a reason that this state is last or in the bottom 3 along EVERY by which societies are commonly measured.

To be fair the whites in MS are experienced in keeping the niggers from getting too uppity. In Chicago they're allowed to run wild.

>moving to Mississippi
>ever
that's a known bad move even in Dixie, man.

Mississippi looks like a Matt Groening character.

Redaction: move there for 2-3 years, save up a bunch of money you couldn't have made otherwise, and then move to Texas or something.

Dont do it, OP.

I drove through the same city the other day. Awful. Disgusting. Not even starbucks touch the place.

You think there are a lot of nigger in Chicago? You haven't seen anything yet.

The problem is that average salaries are much lower so it cancels out the cost of living benefits (YMMV depending on profession though).

I always thought Southern niggers weren't that bad. They're usually less prone to cause trouble then Detroit or Chicago niggers.

Do some research on Jackson Mississippi and you will see what I am talking about.

There's a Starbucks there fucktard right beside eds burgers

Ex Hattiesburg here. It's not to bad. Typical college town so plenty of bars but that's about it.

yeah dont

Just finished up my co-op in Hattie, what company are you working for? I live an hour away but I'm moving back to my old college town in August

It's actually an IT job, 6 month temp contract. I talked to the recruiter and the pay is pretty good but I think I'll pass.

Texas does seem like a better option at this point.

Livings cheap here, but I understand why some people don't like it. Easy to get a ton of land and save up money here tho

You could live in a white community outside of Hattiesburg and drive in.... But you have to understand and enjoy small town living to enjoy it. My family is from Oxford, Mississippi and I love that place. Other than the fact the Ole Miss is fucked. H-hotty toddy. :^/

If the pay is right 6 months ain't bad. I'm on a 2 year stint and I'm looking forward to putting this place behind me.

Do a google search of the phrase 'thank God for Mississippi.'
It's a nationally recognized catchphrase. In all kinds of studies and assessments and indexes, you'll have different states saying "Man, in this metric we tested as nearly the worst in the nation! ...Thank God for Mississippi!'
breddy funny imho

yankee go home

South Carolinian here, in my limited experience I would recommend that you do not move there.
> Hotter and more humid than you're prepared to adjust to
> Cheap as fuck because people there are poor as hell and infrastructure is shit
> If you have any plans of raising a family, the school system is utter garbage
> Mississippi, like Alabama, is one big shitfest of rednecks, wannabe rednecks, victim-minded blacks, white and black trash alike, trailer homes, etc with a few upper class country club enclaves of nice property and surroundings.

You can find a better offer.

Missippi is litteral garbage, worst schools in the entire country, absolutely filled with plebians and you are gonna get paid dirt wages

MFW im from mississippi

Then you're literal garbage, move to a real state faggot

Hattiesburg sucks. Pretty much the entire coast or Oxford are the only places worth living in MS.

601 we outchea

>Full of black gangs
>Full of meth-heads
If you like either of those, then yes, go.
I lived only a few hours from them. It's a shithole.
minus the coast part, its pretty civilized right now, but its nonwhite as fuck.

If you take the job there is a town Outside of Hburg called Sumrall a lot of housing is being built around it

I suggest you buy 50 acres wait a few months and sell it for 100 thousand an acre to a big construction company

Stay out. From MS, its all fucked up, like living 30 years in the past. Lots of blue collar, and agricultural, law abiding Christians. You probably wouldn't like it.