Why are millennials working multiple part time jobs instead of working full time?

Why are millennials working multiple part time jobs instead of working full time?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-30/bilnd-recruitment-trial-to-improve-gender-equality-failing-study/8664888?pfmredir=sm
amp.canberratimes.com.au/national/public-service/public-servants-more-likely-to-hire-women-shock-study-results-20170629-gx1pqg.html
engineersaustralia.org.au/News/breaking-gender-diversity-and-pay-gaps
engineersaustralia.org.au/Government-And-Policy/Statistics
abc
archive.is/RlGEb
zillow.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=t6Kq2Bvx4f8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it's very difficult to get a full-time job currently. Companies are offering part-time jobs because they don't want to cover their employees which is required in full-time.

Because full time white collar jobs are only given to women who would rather work part time and get married, all to fix that fateful, dishonest statistic.

Because there aren't many full time jobs. Most jobs are afraid to offer anything close to 40 hours for fear they'll have to pay overtime. Just the facts.

Why the fuck does almost every thread about millennials feature Soe?

It's hard to get a part time job where I live. Saw an ad for a cashier job the other day that wanted 3 years of experience for something like 10-15 hours a week of work.

I'm not.

they obviously can't find a full time job. glad we have solved that mystery for you

My female friend at university got the third job she applied for. My male friend with triple her GPA and twice much work experience applied for jobs for three years.

You don't know what you're talking about, it's easy as fuck to get a job white men are just the first candidates to be culled.

because the rise of Obamacare lead employers to cut hrs in avoidance of financial penalizing

Cool, anecdotal evidence. Very convincing. Absolutely got me there senpai. I've finally learned the answer.

I've applied to 80 full time jobs in the past month and am still unemployed. I guess that's your answer.

This is true. Doesn't matter if it's "anecdotal". So is what you hear on the news.

mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-30/bilnd-recruitment-trial-to-improve-gender-equality-failing-study/8664888?pfmredir=sm
amp.canberratimes.com.au/national/public-service/public-servants-more-likely-to-hire-women-shock-study-results-20170629-gx1pqg.html

engineersaustralia.org.au/News/breaking-gender-diversity-and-pay-gaps
>12% of engineers
engineersaustralia.org.au/Government-And-Policy/Statistics
> less than 5% of graduates depending on year

Pic related.

Women get paid 9% more in STEM.

Argue this is fair or remove yourself from this thread in shame.

>26, NEET
>Apply for part-time media/sound job at a church
>They hire a nigress who knows jack shit about anything technical

kill me

>abc net au/news/2017-06-30/bilnd-recruitment-trial-to-improve-gender-equality-failing-study/8664888?pfmredir=sm
archive.is/RlGEb

Is there nudes of this bitch?

I'm 35 I work one full time and one part time job. I work 60 hours a week and still can't afford rent.

Either because they can't find full time employment (harder to get, employers benefit from not having you on full time, don't have to pay benefits, etc) or because they want the freedom.

I'm 29, I have about $100k saved up, own a little condo in the downtown part of my small city (fully paid off). Other than generic bills, food, I don't have too many worries or stress, no debt at all. Personally I prefer to work part time now, I'm not that ambitious, I don't want (or expect) to be a millionaire really, I'm just coasting at this point and I feel good about it.

Because they don't have any experience. I joined the military and just left active duty. I get calls back the next day after applying. Employers love vets and the fact I'm going to college.

Well, employers love mindless boot lickers as your flag proves.

that's just what they say you pussy, go in and do a proper interview and be confident if you want that job instead of being a cuck and actually thinking you need the experience

Does it matter? Just go to /s/, you'll forget about her in 3 minutes. Fucking beggars.

Interesting. Must be like that in all 50 states in every county and every city.

zillow.com/

because companies dont wnat to pay for healthcare

thanks obama

pfffffff lol I wish I lived in your country so that paying rent with my disability check (that I don't really deserve because I'm just lazy and drunk) would come out of your tax dollars while you toil away your meaningless life.

Should invest some of that 100k. You could easily be a millionaire and moderately wealthy by your 50s-60s if you play your cards right.

>Employers love vets

It's because you are one of the few candidates I can look at on a resume and know that you are at least likely to be punctual and polite. That's a big deal these days.

Truth in digits. I was a store manager for awhile and hired people without the 2-3 years of experience because they could form proper sentences and do arithmetic. One thing is for sure, you certainly won't get the job if you don't apply. It doesn't cost you anything to apply for a job so no reason not to do it. Also if you are really desperate, find a family relative that has a business or a friend that works at a small business and use them as a reference to BS on your resume. Most wagecuck cashier jobs don't bother to check and if they do they just call the reference.

Eh I guess, I have low-tier investments like mutual funds an shit, and my condo has gained quite a bit over the last ~6 years. I just see many investments as gambling, might be a shitty way to look at things but I'm not knowledgeable enough on the subject so would just be trusting others on any investments I made.

I mean I had people telling me to invest in Ethereum a month or two back when it was at $220 saying it was going to the moon, now it fell back to just under $200. Who knows? Maybe I should buy it now at $200 and in a few months it'll hit $500 and I'll be happy, or maybe it drops again? Seems like a gamble to me.

Here's a couple of theories
1 - Low tier female STEM workers are more likely to leave the field, so there's a mortality bias. The 4% of female workers could be the elite women compared with the more average men

2 - Female STEM workers could disproportionately live in higher cost and higher wage areas

Where I live, unemployment for 16-24 year olds is around 30-40%, with an additional 30-40% on top of that being "under-employed" or something similar. I have only received one response to the hundreds of applications I have made, and they basically just told me to not apply unless I met more of the requirements for their shitty restaurant dishwasher job.

I'm making $90k+ a year and I still can't afford to get a single bedroom condo

Quit going to a liberal church! Find a red-pilled Calvinist church.

>1 - Low tier female STEM workers are more likely to leave the field, so there's a mortality bias. The 4% of female workers could be the elite women compared with the more average men
So men have to be punished because women job hop?

>2 - Female STEM workers could disproportionately live in higher cost and higher wage areas
I love this argument.

>I deserve to be paid more because being a materialistic consuming whore is expensive
No.

No, you can learn to live like a slob like men who stop caring about being forever alone.

obama destroyed the american work force in order to create more "jobs" so it lowered our unemployment rate and made him look good but he didn't create more jobs they just made everyone work part time and be poor.

>Mindless boot lickers

Sorry that joining the military was the best thing for me. I was a piece of shit before the military, and the discipline and respect it instilled into me, changed my life for the better. Say what you will about what we're used for, but there's not very many places left in the world like the military that can turn you into a man in 4 months.

Because for full time employees businesses are paying out the nose in regulations

Obamacare.

What branch were you in?

>100k.

Are you a chef @ Wendy's?

Do you have a big dick?

Employers also get tax credits for employing veterans

Army

11B1P

i worked 3 god damn jobs and i worked 2 of them today and started at 9:30am and ended at 1:00am. i had an hour break during that.

No I do part time IT work, my dick is like 6.5" and I've been with the same girl for about 1.5 years.

I wasn't saying 100k as if I'm rich or set for life, I'm saying I have a fully paid off condo, $100k in the bank, and I make enough money working ~20 hours a week to pay for my groceries, internet, cellphone, car insurance, gas, utilities, gym membership, etc. without dipping into that $100k at all, in fact I continue slowly adding to it. I could afford to not work at all for like ~5 years and just live off my savings with how frugal I am. That's all I was saying.

Because boomers are cunts and don't want to pay their employees benefits. Reminder to always form a union so they can't dick you around and then sue when they try to fire you for forming one, it's the only way to stop their usurious faggotry.

why is this semon demon in every millennial thread?

Sounds like something the labor board of your state would be interested in.

It's already hard to get a part time job. Especially if your white. The McDonalds and other Retail/Fast Food places have 70% niggers, none of which can properly do their job, but got rejected by all of them during the summer.

absolutely this

plus the billion other retarded commie laws on the book

Dont call her a nigress; she is one of gods children!

> unironically worshipping josephs' wife's son
> expecting anything other than cuckoldry

dont forget about the firm handshake

t. boomer

Because of contradictions of capitalism.

youtube.com/watch?v=t6Kq2Bvx4f8

tl;dr - capitalists try to maximize profit as much as possible. so they move jobs to 3rd world countries because they have lower wages there. as a result, millennials have a hard time finding full time jobs.

moral lesson: when millennials reach voting age, they will re-elect trump because trump will bring back jobs and make america great again.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

In the first case, men aren't being punished. The women who leave STEM field for something like sales or project management are probably making less money in their new careers, but they no longer are counted in the survey. If a greater percentage of women quit STEM than men, then it's likely that the ones who leave are lower quality and lower paid than average, so by leaving they increase the average female wage. It would be the equivalent of every entry level architect quitting their job as it would boost the "average wage" for the architect profession as a whole.

The urban/rural issue comes up in all salary studies all the time. Local salary is largely determined by the cost of rent. When rent is high, then pay is high. That's a major reason why a computer scientist makes more in Silicon Valley than in Mississippi. Nominal wages fail to capture the difference in quality of life because they don't take into account cost of living in an area. Someone making $50,000/year in Texas is "poorer" than someone making $55,000/year in New York City, but the Texan will have a larger apartment and more disposable income. Potentially, STEM is more male dominated in the more rural and lower cost parts of Australia, so it would explain a nominal salary gap.

Where I work all new staff get an 8 hour basic contract.
There are extra hours to be had but it's not guaranteed you'll get them.
This leads to a large staff turnover,nobody is loyal with a small contract.

>implying I work

Firstly, okay I sort of assumed that after I posted. You win, women keep fucking off out of STEM and HR keep pretending this doesn't happen.

Secondly, no all STEM jobs are near the cbd or in a factory, regardless they're all hired from the same spot. There actually is an argument floating around the feminist blogosphere that women do deserve more because their materialism costs more and some men aren't even materialistic in the slightest. This is what I'm referring to, it's very Marxist because it assumes female savings (not earnings) are a completely dependent variable.

because women

wtf, how is that possible...you must get paid 50 cents per hour.

California?

I too like to live dangerously

I work full time and sell drugs to make ends meet and still live OK.

Obamacare.

Had just started working for a company right before obamacare took effect.

Hired on as temp originally, all part time associates were working 32-38 hours a week.

Had to let all temps go at 3 months because corporate wouldn't let them keep anyone. Was told to come back in 2 months.

2 months later get hired on permanently, but only part time. Obamacare had just taken effect and part-time employees were no longer offered healthcare for the first time in the history of this company. Part time hours got cut firmly to only 23 hrs a week.

Did great, got a promotion as management, still wouldn't give me full time.

Left company and went somewhere else after two months of this shit.

Ever since Obamacare it has become increasingly hard to find fulltime employment. Employers would rather hire twice as many people all part time so that they can avoid paying healthcare.

not playing by your rules shlomo

unfortunatly true.

One bedrooms / studios seem to need two incomes in order to get by, even if you get paid several hours above min wage.

Basically you need a roommate/gf/spouse that also works in order to get by.

I'm gonna do this life right or not at all

Nice girl

this, they always want to hire vets because of this. As well as the hope that they will show up on time.

Vets have been a great employee every time.
The only exception is Airforce. For whatever reason, the only airforce guys we get are retards.

Most places near me don't want to hire fulltime because they don't want to have to offer benefits. Especially for retail. The cost of living is also incredibly high so people have to have multiple part time jobs instead of one full time, and still can't afford shit.

I make 15$/h where the average here is about 8$/h and I still cannot afford to get a 1 bedroom for myself. If you aren't in a relationship or don't want multiple roommates it is pretty hard to do much.

Because boomers refuse to die

because they have shit attention spans
t. millennial working part time at UPS

Must be California. Best wages and overtime laws for workers in the country yet commifornians still come away with less money than the rest of us after income theft. Not even to mention the ridiculous cost of living in the liberal shithole.

it's a real problem i don't know how to fix it all the people i know with degrees are baristas, bartenders or waiters

Someone with no degree who's respectful, has skills and is willing to work and work hard is 1000x more valuable to 95% of employers than some fruitcake with a degree.

College education is only useful for skilled specialty careers like medicine, law, accounting, corporate jobs.

Because after working at a grocery store for 5 years and not breaking $10 an hour made me want another job.

I dunno maybe it was just management that never wanted to promote anyone but I just don't see how it's ok.

If you make 60k a year youre still eligible for welfare. The state is fucked up in every way.

In some areas I mean.

This lel. All women of a healthy BMI look pretty much the same without clothes as far as your dick is concerned.

Smart enough to not become corporate wage slave like commie boomers

commies BTFO

gas the boomers; generation war now!

Mfw I currently have 2 part time jobs and was born in 1994

I don't see where the difficulty is. Just get an overnight position at a Walmart and you get a guaranteed 40 hour workweek.

>1 post by this ID

Reminder to sage these threads

do you think its from 1 person? why do they hate millennials so much?

cause its the same mentally ill person who creates these threads.

He has been doing it for YEARS.

Truly a waste of flesh. Only a matter of time before he snaps IRL or croaks from morbid obesity.

Just one mentally ill neckbeard.

I agree millennials leave a lot to be desired, but his signature "creepily post photos of some girl I masturbate to" thread openers are key notes of mental illness.

she looks better with short hair

They're fucking idiots. Almost any part time job that isn't in the service industry (bar delivery driving, serving and bar tending), is a potential full time job, given that you aren't a moron and have a half decent work ethic.

He who controls the youth, controls the future. Millenials are seen as typically liberal. It's a smart move to shill for division among generations and tear downour sense of national and generational pride.

She is good looking but there is something extremely off putting about her and I can't quite pinpoint it. Maybe its the fake smile or those creepy eyes. I've never seen someone so attractive and hideous at the same time. Is it a tranny by any chance?

yeah well most millennials have mental illness because public education was prison

Because someone decided that if a company had more than X employees that they had to pay into health care benefits thus no business wants to hire too many full timers so those that have less job experience can only land part time jobs. #ThanksObama

"No, it isn't. All you need to do is show up, speak with the manager, give him a firm handshake, and tell him you want the job. It's that simple, Champ."