Video games meeting young men's needs previously met by work, US researchers say

abc.net.au/news/2017-07-27/young-american-men-working-less-to-play-more-video-games/8749440

Absolutely Shocking.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/sD6VG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Archive or screenshot please
archive.is/sD6VG

Makes sense
I can accomplish all my needs through Hearts of Iron or EU4

lol there were never losers until video games came along huh?

I perfer the Soulsborne series myself.

Still haven't played bloodboune or demon souls yet.
darksouls wasn't that hard. Die a few times against bosses but eh.
The only fight i will never do again is that gank fight with the gold dragon dude and fat cunt, fuck that.

who knew men liked to have fun and video games are a form of entertainment?

It's only women that are vain enough to be obsessed with status.

Dependable.

That's fortunate considering there's no fucking work left for young white men.

They keep finding problems and the finding reasons to blame it on men, they keep denying that feminism is a failure and men want money/power and not work.

If you give all the nice jobs to women, male unemployment will rise and there will be more male gamers.

THIS ISNT FUCKING NEWS, THIS IS FAKE NEWS.

My artificially intelligent soul brother, my best friend that is unborn, may you continue depriving profits from fake news.

>abc
Oh.

The same people and boomers that will tell you video games are a waste of time are the same people who sit in front of their TV every day for hours watching all kinds of garbage.

Both are entertainment, both should be used in moderation or you're a useless little bitch.

they needed a study to tell them that videogames are fun and work sucks? no wonder we're so cucked.

This.
For some bizarre reason people think the average man from 100 years ago was a hyper-successful erudite with zero vices. Men still work, this is propaganda. The media gets a sample size of 12 to 23 year olds and says "men don't work or get married anymore!!"

Yeah, this.
All of those articles are BS.
"Oh look, they're CHOOSING video games over having a job and a life and a family and whatnot. Everything's fine! It's what they want."
No... no I just have nothing else.

Suuure

not really

Of coarse the Boomers want young men to work. Since 15% of the lowest class men have given up completely, their pensions are in dire straights, which is the only thing Boomers care about, besides selling their houses they bought for 20K for 5 million dollars.

Yeah, I actually looked for a short schedule job so I could have all my afternoons free to keep training and playing FPS games competitively. It makes me feel happier and more accomplished than any job ever could.
I'd rather be "useless" being really good at killing shit on a screen than work overtime for Mister Goldstein with no future prospects anyway, so everyone else can get fucked. I earn more than enough to live, feed myself, have gigabit connection and upgrade my computer when necessary to continue playing FPS games at 300 frames per second.

Call me when the world stops sucking.

girls needs met by social media.

No, (((they))) needed grant money and this was the latest ruse they could come up with to get it.

Is there much truth to Spain being particularly bad when it comes to feminism?

Yeah but women can do no wrong so.

option 1
>be wage slave cuck nigger
>stand up at 6am, come home at 6pm
>work all day long, pay 50% for taxes and shit
>spend 1/4 of your daily life time on giving chad and other niggers free handouts
>be frustrated and burned-out, no fun at anything at all

option 2
>be a unemployed gamer
>wake up and go to bed whenever you want
>spend 100% of the day according to your own needs
>dont give parasites a single cent
>make your money by selling characters and accounts online
>have fun all day long

oh my gooooood! i cant understand why people choose option 2 !!!!

This guy gets it. I work a 10-12 hour job 5 days a week and what little time I do have to relax, instead of watching t.v. I play video games. As long as you get your shit done do whatever the hell you want in your spare time.

Now kids who refuse to get a job out of highschool and play videogames need to fuck off.

>dropped out of high-school at 16
>been NEET for 13 years, going on 14 years
>never worked
>don't even like video games
>never had alcohol in my life
>never smoked single cigarette let a lone drugs

We're dropping out of society because we've developed various mental disorders from coming to the realisation that it's no longer worth it to participate in society.

Of course recently I was finally forced to seek mental health help and was diagnosed with Schizoid personality disorder. My doctors told me to apply for disability for mental health impairment because they all believed I'm not capable of becoming a normie now.

I think the video games are just something young guys have fallen back on because they don't feel valued in society.

I dropped out before the whole social media generation came about, so I wonder what kind of monsters are in development right now with all that added on top.

At first it was comicbooks, and now it's videogames. Not that I know what comic books even are, there was no such thing here, but still. The old farts will always seek something to blame other than themselves.

It's pretty bad here. Especially the laws, all favorable towards women. We don't have many false rape accusation cases though as far as I know.

option 2
>be the parasite that you claim to hate

FTFY. Selling characters online don't pay the bills, your working parents do.

This another shaming article telling guys to 'man up' and marry sluts to old for cock carousel rides again?

>been NEET for 13 years, going on 14 years
>never worked
How?
>never had alcohol in my life
WTF HOW?

Livestream it nigger.

>be in real life
>try to help people
>get flagged as a rapist pedophile and what not

>be in video games
>try to help people
>received a "thx" and maybe an item depending on the game

gee i wonder which one i should be consuming time on

I've been playing PUBG, WoW, and Elite: Dangerous for the past week or so.
What's Sup Forums currently playing?

>play for 2 weeks
>sell 2 accouts for 600€ each
>being a parasite

naaaah

another

>work in real life
>be told i will received x amount of money
>do not received x amount of money

>work in a video game
>be told ill received 10 wolf skin
>received 10 wolf skin and gold coins

oh wew lads

>falling for the multiplayer jew

Fuck off degenerate Sup Forumsedditors. Videogames are the only thing more bluepilled than jap cartoons.

That's not what the article claims at all. Your logic is butthurt SJW tier.

>ah, gee, how could someone live in 2017 without having never gotten drunk?!?!?!?!?

>wow!

Wishful thinking at best. IF you actually pull off those numbers every 2 weeks, good for you.

>Playing singleplayer crap

How can you enjoy beating braindead AI over and over? At least humans put up a fight.

CSGO, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 and Quake Champions.
I sunk 300 hours into Elite before I realized it was nothing but a repetitive boring grind. At least I made 1 billion credits with exploits tho.

kill yourself

My parents aren't poorfags.

They're also into the whole "Things will work out by themselves" attitude with life. So it wasn't until last year that they started saying I should probably go see a psychiatrist.

The psychiatrist sent me to psychologist because I was told there are no drugs for Schizoid Personality Disorder, there is no cure, you're stuck with it for life, there's no point using drugs unless the disorder is causing depression, which then you can get drugs for the depression.

>le businessman

I have friends that play WoW and Pubg and just got horizons for E:d. Fuck off latviafag, I bet your internet is so shit you can't even play multiplayer games.

If not for alcohol I would be dead by now. It's my only joy in "life"

So what do you fill your days with?

Work for what exactly?

Women are whores who give it up for nothing which is great for sex but you aint gonna marry something like that, housing/rent prices are through the roof, jobs are getting outsourced on masse and all over western society white men are vilified by their own kind for being white men

While i dont get how anyone could enjoy the shit that is modern vidya its no surprise that men are checking out

meh, get behind the math of these online games
use auto-clicker 1/2 the time
that shit is basically running idle all day long

most people who buy this kind of shit are people who work or dont understand the game and try to avoid leveling because they dont want to waste time on that
sell them that shit or rip people off in ingame-trade and sell it irl

ew who would play csgo

>I sunk 300 hours into Elite before I realized it was nothing but a repetitive boring grind

You finally figured out all video games. You're growing up.

CSGO is best game.

>Be young male
>Can't find any meaningful work
>Life seems pointless
>Can't find a good spouse
>Video games allow you to create a new life, new identity
>Gives you a sense of accomplishment, you have goals, you feel excited to perform new tasks, to actually see tangible results for your work

It does make sense, I don't see how it's bad though. If anything, it puts to bed the myth that us younger guys are just formless shapeless blobs that don't want to do anything, many of us want to feel that same sense of accomplishment men throughout all of history have felt, whether it was taking down a wild animal with your tribe brothers, or farming on the land your family has owned for decades with your sons.

We're not much different, but because real life has failed to give us sufficient opportunities to grow as men, to wake up and genuinely feel excited to accomplish something, to set out in a task with a sense of purpose and belonging, many turn to games that are specifically designed to recreate those feelings. Isn't really shocking in all honesty, I don't play vidya anymore but if you ever actually played them or spoke to some one that plays them, it's obvious why teens and young men in particular are drawn to them.

Assetto Corset, PCars.
Am race fag.

i'm not choosing video games over a family.

the choice was made for me. point out to me a woman worth marrying and raising children with and i'll marry her and start a family.

Why so scared bitch boy?

>be me
>buy videogames
>shitpost on Sup Forums instead of playing them

Where do I fit in?

I just got horizons for elite and it made the game fun in my opinion. There still isn't a whole lot to do but its more fun than it was.

anyone drinking is a sociable normie

runescape? I actually believe you now

:^)
why so mad?

Sup Forums

Or maybe mutiplayer is a black hole that eats up your time. And also you have to pay fot play them. I'm an odschool gamer, I pirate.

Gas the bikes, race car now?

basically ever mmorpg out there
people who (seriously) play these game are as rich as stupid

Well at least you're at that level.
I can't even get a job.

>sociable
>normie
Am neither of those things. I drink alone.

>point out to me a woman worth marrying

Your perfect woman isn't just going to show up and ask someone who plays video games 20+ hours a week to be with her. You fucked yourself. You need to make yourself worthy before expecting others to do the same.

keep up the good work krautbro

>Urquhart

thats not what happened to me :^)

>le "you have to dedicate every minute of your free time to chatting up random women" maymay

PUBG, Titanfall 2, Until Dawn, Tales from the Borderlands

Thought about hitting up /tg/ Station 13 but it's been years.

Spec Ops: the Line, Dirt Rally, Diablo 3,

Implying you wouldnt burn out vidya

>Titanfall 2
I got this out of rage at RS6 but it seems kinda dead. Is it not as dead as I think it is?

You kids don't know the meaning of dead.

I used to play vg a lot,took up music instead.
Not bothered about women any longer, work enough to get money.
If I am vilified by society for being straight, white and male. Fuck society

the point is that there are no women worth marrying, is not that we cannot get them to date us, they just don't exist

>Spec Ops: the Line
Don't forget Far Cry 2
Both are basically "Commit despicable acts: the game" and you still get to fail in the end. Just like real life.

Race car always

Tribes is dead
I'm pretty sure I know dead.

"isn't gaming a waste of time? You could be out getting a job or having kids."

"These fake worlds still reward effort and ambition"

>mfw

How do people stay neets long term like this?

I've been living the neet life for just over a year because I took a gap year before law school and I've never been more unfulfilled in my life. I've got so bored of video games that I haven't played them in several months and I started diligently working out just to have something to work to. I can't wait to get back to school and yearn for the days when I get married to a qt3.14 tradwife and start of family of a half dozen white children. Have long term neets just given up all hope?

No, only Elite.
Other games put your motor and mental skills to test and have challenging gameplay. That's why I've been playing Quake for over a decade still and I love the fuck out of FPS games.
At least I can have a ladder or some sort of rival progression in those games. Elite is much more shallow and boring than that.

Videogames are made for children and manchildren.
If you are over 18 and you still do this, please, consider suicide, you leeches.

We learn to vigilantly wait.

>only half dozen
>not dozen+
git gud

your brain is wired differently

you were able to fullfil real life goals giving you dopamine rushes so your brain reinforced those connections so that your dopamine rush happens when you repeat this

>be me
> be unemployed 2nd year apprentice electrician
> job hunting is a pain in the ass since the crew I was working for went bankrupt and most of the other sparkys either retired or fell back on their other trade (as a small business does)
>literally know no other electricians so good luck getting in somewhere else
> play video games inbetween job interviews
> always lose out because the boss wants to hire their son or take on a mates son.
> tfw if I don't finish 2nd year portion of my apprenticeship within the next year or so, I'll be unemployable since wages are ranked on ages.

Go fuck yourself, shitcunt abc

>do you want to wash dishes with Paco and Xuan for barely enough money to cover gas and car insurance or be a comfy neet and play fun games

>Call men shity fucccbois every chance you get

>Demonize masculinity itself, encourage chemical and physical castration

"Why don't these fuccbois want to interact in our society???"

thats bullshit. i have sctizo affective disorder and im on 750mg of Quietipine. Its great. makes your soul die, and makes you feel drowsey 24/7. and the side effects from not taking it make you feel like you are literally going to die.

>worthy

fuck off you cuck. i dont want a woman thats "worthy" of me, i just want someone to share my life with, and enjoy each others company. i know you lead a miserable life.

i didnt give up on life, life gave up on me.

>tfw I'm a part of this demographic they're berating

Feels good man. I'm a part time janitor, work 4 hours a day and still afford my place alongside my girlfriend. Get fucked, jews and feminists.

You're right, it's just as I've been perusing through random shit while a neet, it seems that you've basically got to get a fucking bus if you want to transport more than 8 people.

Ok, that seem legit

Literally this. Fuck off with this you gotta make yourself worthy of your super pure christian waifu. They don't exist, stop wasting your time on roasties.

>I can't wait to get back to school and yearn for the days when I get married to a qt3.14 tradwife and start of family of a half dozen white children.

>I cant wait to acquire debt that'll take years to pay off. Marry some 4/10. Have 2 kids, get divorced, pay child support and live the rest of my days in a 1 bedroom apartment wondering where it all went wrong.

Your on the right path. Keep at it son.