Why does Sup Forums hate it?

Why does Sup Forums hate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AAZ62tUtc0w
youtube.com/watch?v=ifaH7uzkMT8
greencarreports.com/news/1110203_manufacturing-expert-says-tesla-model-3-plan-to-skip-beta-testing-is-risky
consumerreports.org/cars-tesla-reliability-doesnt-match-its-high-performance/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dudes a fucking scammer. You're legitimately retarded if you think that making massive lithium ion batteries saves us carbon footprint or innovates battery technology. You should buy one though so you die in a firey crash like the fucktard you are.

Same reason /o/ hates it.
How is this related to politics
Go bait /o/

>liquid imam shill detected

>die in a firey crash

"Independent testing by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has awarded the Tesla Model S a 5-star safety rating, not just overall, but in every subcategory without exception. Approximately one percent of all cars tested by the federal government achieve 5 stars across the board. NHTSA does not publish a star rating above 5, however safety levels better than 5 stars are captured in the overall Vehicle Safety Score (VSS) provided to manufacturers, where the Model S achieved a new combined record of 5.4 stars."

You're more likely to die in a fiery crash in literally any other car on the planet.

Faggot.

I can't wait until this happens to your face, retarded faggot.
youtube.com/watch?v=AAZ62tUtc0w

They're shit cars but you won't hear about it on the internet because Tesla voids your warranty if you talk shit about owning one.

talk to someone that actually owns one.

youtube.com/watch?v=ifaH7uzkMT8
Cool story cock sucker.

Hahaha fuck off, how can they do that?

NHTSA doesn't test cars with the batteries installed fyi.

If you take subsidies from the government you aren't an entrepreneur, you're a leech and a parasite.
Also this shit is as harmful to the environment as fossil fuel.

Hybrids > Cars with high fuel efficiency ratings > Full electric at this point if you care about green transportation and don't want to have a meme car.

It's in the purchase contract.

Ferrari does the same thing.

When you buy it you sigh the contract.

Only environment faggots like them

:^)

>paying $70k for an unremarkable sedan that takes hours to refuel and whose gas tank shrinks every month

that's why it's a test-drive you moron. It's perfectly normal for test drives to go wrong, that's where and when a company finds the mistakes in their test car. Now please explain me a system where you try to push boundaries without anything ever going wrong...

Honda once made a car called the Civic VX that achieved 45 city and 55+ mpg highway with a lean burning regular gas motor.

Hybrids are bullshit. Car companies are purposely making cars with shit gas mileage to sell you a hybrid that will need an expensive battery replacement every 5-10 years.

They have payed shills (evangelists) everywhere.

That shit triggers me.

Hybrids are actually becoming cheaper and cheaper over time. When the first came out I can understand your argument but for city and bumper to bumper traffic they work wonders.

Tesla would NOT even exist if it were not for government gibs
No one would BUY a Tesla if it weren't for government gibs

The faggot crawled in Obama's pocket and got green to be "green"
This was the government picking a winner and making who THEY want rich

wtf were they thinking?

>gasoline catches fire the second it comes in contact with metal
I know Tesla shills have no real understanding of chemistry but lol

>that's where and when a company finds the mistakes in their test car.
You can't "fix" the chemical reaction of LiIon touching fragments of metal.

for inner city driving hybrids make a lot of sense because of reg breaking. It's why cab companies use them

correction, it's actually $158k with the premium options
FOR
A
MEME
CAR

I like it because YouTube videos show it destroying regular cars
And RCR says it's rad

>durrr mining batteries
Who the fuck actually cares?
>durrr carbon footprint (yuppie talk)
Who the fuck actually cares?

Some people have such a hate boner for electric cars that I just don't understand
It's just a fucking car
My alcoholic step father always points out how you can't work on them yourself as if new production cars aren't already like that
Cars are just gay now

I've seen a disturbing amount of those things near the coast in southern sweden. Seems to be the hip thing to waste a whole bunch of money on.

>based on U.S. automobile miles-per-fire statistics from the National Fire Protection Association, a driver is "5 times more likely to experience a fire in a conventional gasoline car than a Tesla."

Because the "Tesla", which is an insult to it's namesake, can only survive on government welfare.

How many Teslas are out there VS a regular car?

How did they come up with that statistic?

From what pool?

You can buy a brand new, fully optioned out Masterati for less than that.

Maserati.
I can't spell.

>HAVING CRITICISMS OF SOMETHING IS HATING IT OMG HATE CRIME HATE CRIME DRUMPF DRUMPF DRUMPF DRUMPF DRUMPF DRUMPF DRUMPF
Why do leftists see the world in such a pathetic black and white way?

People who buy electric cars now are guinea pigs. Wait a few years until a real car company makes one and then buy

Where is the speedometer, tacometer, and fuel gauge?

On that iPad they glued to the dash.

Do you have any evidence to show that Tesla didn't take measures against fire? I mean the batteries are underfoot and part of the frame so actually breaching them is pretty damn hard. Add some carbon aerogel to keep the flames away and the lithium batteries aren't more dangerous than gasoline.

What are you supposed to do when some nigger smashes in your window and steals the ipad?

user thinks that the 35,000 dollar car is going to be a hit

I love electric cars. However, I am waiting for them to add a generator to automatically charge the battery while I drive it.

It drives itself.

they do have regenerative braking

So exploding fireballs are just a normal part of working out a vehicle's kinks? Aright cool, good thing the model 3 is getting extensive beta testing in then, they'll definitely fix those issues before they go to production.

greencarreports.com/news/1110203_manufacturing-expert-says-tesla-model-3-plan-to-skip-beta-testing-is-risky

Oh wait...

Cool on the regenerative brakes. A little gas powered generator to extend the range would be awesome. I wonder if I could patent such an invention.

Check out fisker, on board diesel generation for a purely electric drivetrain. Fast as fuck, efficient as fuck, no range limitations

Ugly desu

That's called every hybrid for the last 50 years

Chevy Volt already exists.

>Lightweight
>Lelsafetywut
>No AC

True tho

>uses electricity to run
>electricity comes from burning coal
>"HURR HURR LOOK AT ME I'M SO GREEN I FART OXYGEN!"

Fuck Tesla, Musk took the intellectual low road. "I can't efficiently create an electric car that doesn't suck, so instead I'll put auto gullwings, a Corvette body, and a tensorflow program on a tablet and market it to rich people for 200k and take Gov't money for "saving the environment""

Literally then only thing hybrids do that isn't snakeoil is regenerative braking. Unless it's a plug in hybrid and you only take short trips so you can keep it on electric. The earlier hybrids were snakeoil mobiles.

>NHTSA doesn't test cars with the batteries installed
yeah? then how do they take into account all the crash prevention software? and breaking times? even crash tests require a filled tank in gasoline cars

you wrote

consumerreports.org/cars-tesla-reliability-doesnt-match-its-high-performance/

I don't personally hate them, and if I had the money to spare I'd definitely buy one. I don't care about the environmental aspect of things, I just want the sport-car like driving combined with all the really neat technological components like autopilot and adaptive cruise control. Also if you get the Model S with the sound package you can have the best music experience possible while driving, because there's no engine noise to introduce noise inside the cabin.
Pretty great desu. I just wish the company was actually profitable and not some subsidy money sink. I love the idea of the car and want all those gadgets, but I fucking hate Musk's business model of stringing along investors with the hope that the company will one day be viable, meanwhile existing thanks to corporate welfare.

>tfw you don't know where you are or how fast you're driving because your wife's son is too busy playing with the tablet

pennyless polaczki crying about a car for civilized nations

I guess sarcasm is lost on this board. Yeah no shit! If electric cars were first and widely used for the last 50 years and the gas engine was just invented as a generator for our electric cars. Then everyone would not want a purely electric car. Even generator kits would be sold.
A pure electric car is just stupid when you can buy a car that has an attached generator that charges its battery.

i want a blank white pod with no steering wheel and gender fluid clones rubbing my chest and genitals as my pod slides laterally through a tunnel of mineral oil

Sauce on this? There's the thing they were doing with additional NDAs for discounted repairs, but i couldn't find anything in the original contract

Talk about jew-tricks!)

They're too expensive for the poor performance they offer.

Worse around the track than an ecoboost Mustang.

Mineral oil is so old fashioned.

I don't get your point.

You've seen what happens when someone lights petrol, right? It also happens to make fire.

Unless you have solar panels on your garage. If you've got the money to blow on a Tesla I'm sure you can drop another several grand on solar panels to charge some batteries to charge the car overnight

>giving up control of your vehicle to a CIA compromised botnet
100% bluepilled.

A lithium battery need only be breached while charged to ignite. Whereas gasoline is actually difficult to ignite by comparison. You can put a cigarette out in a pool of gasoline.

Buckle up buckaroo it's coming

the impact tests are not done with batteries installed. The cars are not on during these tests. They are pulled by a tow line into the target.

Nikola Tesla was already screwed over in his own lifetime by assholes who had politicians in their pockets.
Now another rent seeker is capitalising off his name.

>Spending enough money to buy a reasonably priced car to buy batteries to charge your other batteries

Because it's a meme, Tesla to cars is like Starbucks to coffee

it can't exist without free money from government so it's useless, kind of like our medical system

see

>making massive lithium ion batteries saves us carbon footprint

you will never get the energy it takes to make these back out of them

It's just really overhyped. I'm glad to see that electric car technology is advancing right now but it's really limited. Incentives for electric car tech are crazy out of bounds in the US and abroad.

There are not enough superchargers to go around. It takes 30 minutes to charge a car to 80%. This means that where there are superchargers, Tesla owners will line up. If there are four guys ahead of you, you're looking at two hours BEFORE you can start charging, and then 30 minutes to get a useful charge. A gas fill would take 4 minutes for far more range and then you just go, and rarely do you have to wait for a pump.

Charging at home helps with this but depending on where you live, the equivalent electric can be expensive, potentially more expensive than gas.

I think the biggest meme is that Tesla has horrible unintuitive interfaces (giant tablets? seriously?) and massively underwhelming interiors. The Model S is an $80,000 car with the interior of a $30,000 car. They hired a guy from Volvo to try to address this but this didn't impact the Model S or Model 3 yet.

The cars have nothing to do with Tesla tech. If you read their promos they brag about it having the "same alternating current invented by Tesla." But alternating current is in literally everything, from toasters to power plants.

something, something, globalism, something

We landed a man on the moon why can't we disobey the law of conservation?

I would much rather have an electric vehicle or any environmentally friendly car. but Tesla is just electric cars marketed to hipsters, people like Nissan have been innovating and helping the planet. Tesla has just been conning hipsters and pseudo intellectuals (and also pseudo environmentalists; hey guys I drive a Tesla, but ignore my 3 kids, they have like 0 carbon footprint amirite?)

here
Fuck, look at the model 3. They were too cheap or stupid to put a traditional speedo, and just put it on the corner of the screen. Now you have to look away from the road. Other cars in its price area will have a HUD as an option or standard so you have it in front of you. Not the model 3 in its sterile, boring as fuck, minimalist interior with a serious lack of real buttons.

On EV in general, is right, the materials to make modern batteries are toxic af and the impact of mining them is bad, but it's in areas of the world we don't see. Similarly, no tailpipe emissions, but a lot of electric still comes from coal and other dirty sources, so you're just moving the emissions to be generated from somewhere else..

Because lefties love it (I assume) and Sup Forums is one person.

>solar panels
>to charge the car overnight

I was drinking Elon koolaid daily until the faggot chimped out when Trump pulled out of the Paris climate deal and jizzed all over the globalist's face.

the model 3 is built to drive itself, what do you need a speedo for?

Sure it will take a few years for legal reasons, but by the time you and I can afford that car that is what we will use it for

There is only two main chunks of the energy equation for a vehicle, (weight * acceleration). Once expanded, you see factors such as fighting drag with aerodynamics, minimizing loss of power during delivery to wheels, etc.

Tesla takes steps to INCREASE weight, (fancy interior, gull wing mechanisms), and boasts of it's acceleration speed mostly predicated on watts consumed maximally. The bells and whistles in Tesla's have already been done in concept cars and the race circuit, Tesla empirically brings nothing to the table new except a brand, and a hipster production facility.

> I guess sarcasm is lost on this board.
just for the record, I was playing along

It's going to be a "few years" before the 3 is even commercially produced, much less driving itself.

Tesla is fucked for not having the model 3 to market already since pretty much all the major automakers now have entry-level electric cars in their lineup.

Sorry bro, you never know on this board these days.

Guess

True. Was in the market for a new car and couldn't find a single one that was possible to work on myself. Even Kia and other garbage have plates over the engine block.

If you want a car you can serice yourself, better get an older model now!

>taxpayer subsidies for upper middle class/high end cars
What's not to hate?

>solar panels to charge some batteries to charge the car overnight

Batteries charge all day, car charges off of batteries all night
Retard

I never said it was a good idea or a smart investment. However, such a setup would remove the coal component from the car and thus reduce the carbon footprint (which is a meme anyway)

Heh, Sup Forums is talking about my employer again. Y-you guys like us right?

>plates over the engine block
wat.
I've never seen this.