Depressed Atheist

There is a thread here asking a vaguely similar question but I think this might warrant its own thread.
I am an atheist but I really value the teachings of the bible and traditional concepts and life styles.
What do I do?
I can't bring myself to fully believe in skydaddy but I'm so fucking autistic in my traditional value systems and politics. Is there a third way?

Inb4
>atheist retard kys

Other urls found in this thread:

www3.nd.edu/~afreddos/courses/264/fmw.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Read the bible for it's values, that's it.
I don't believe in god or that Jesus walked on water, but the ideas conveyed by the 2nd testament are great.

>reminder that god sent two bears on earth to kill babies

Keep telling yourself that what ever gods you plan on worship is real

Good advice

But how does that improve or add to the experience? Because I'll be willing to take the values to the grave?
>I'll know I'm lying

>fully believe in skydaddy
see that's the problem.
you view Him as a cartoon when He is all.

energy created THE UNIVERSE.

that energy is the HOLY SPIRIT of GOD.
GOD = THE UNIVERSE.

you say you value the teachings of the bible.

>pic related

To say God is all energy and matter implies He has no agency tho

Skydaddy is indeed dead. However, he only died because humans tried to drag the super human, that is godly, to the human level. try to define what god is. take it from there. read some Heidegger, evola, guenon.

Odin is what you are looking for, user.
>If you want to pray, pray to your invisible Self: it is the only God who can answer your prayers.

I walk the cuck walk. What do I have to do to counter this?

concentrate on keeping your eyes straight and chin high at all times. rest of the body aligns naturally.

second level: build muscle mass in your breast, back and shoulders.

You atheists aren't handling one atheist converting to Christianity very well, are you?

Our Lord shall arrive soon!

Hallelujah!

conventional Christianity can only survive if it becomes either fundamentalist, postmodern (roman catholicism) or if it undergoes a redefinition of it's basic premises.

Never in my life have I met a Christian who could produce a coherent argument about the metaphysics of Christianity. It was always about platitudes about faith not knowledge or stuff like that.

tl;dr: There is no (philosophical) basis for Christianities assumptions.

>John 3:16-21

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God."

exactly my point. you turn to some kind of fundamentalism and start quoting scripture. have you considered that the words you quote are written in a germanic language and have been transcribed from original sources? Translation always means interpretation. What does eternal mean? Do you just mindlessly assume that the your quoted scripture supports the Cartesian system of space-time? What does it mean for God (definition needed) to have a son? Are you aware it was humans who wrote those sentences? What is your definition of belief?

Again: Proving my point.

He only has agency if you take the bible litterally, the way I interpret it is that the universe is analogical to a program, its written by the so called god, someone/thing our brains could not comprehend just like the 4th dimension, and then run, no medeling with it after that for the god, so no prayin worshiping has any meaning but you should just know that it s very likely there is something of greater power, all of earth is too good to be a coincidence

What's up with all these "I'm an atheist but..." slide threads? I saw two ones earlier today, one being "can atheist pray" or something.
Are people really that weak beta faggots that can't handle the truth?

>Matthew 6:25-34
"“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

I had this.

The solution is to try and disentangle spiritual emotions and sensibility from belief in faeries.

You can do it. It takes a while but after I did that I was fine.

The beauty of nature, sunsets, stars, quiet places, the love of other people and of creatures.... there is plenty there.

Just like you don't have to believe that your gf is the most beautiful woman in the world to love her. You don't have to believe in a God or Gods to have a spiritual side, or to have a strong moral code.

Why would you gravitate to the slave mentality of Abrahamic teachings when we have our own beautiful ethno-religion?

What could speak better to your soul than the religion which is an inherent part of you and your people?

Also to get in touch with spirituality on your own terms I suggest trying Holotropic Breathwork. It sounds bizarre but is actually amazing.

Nice quotes, no matter what you may think, I am open to scripture but I am not religious in the sense that I do not see a need to reconnect what was never divided.

God is the source of those spiritual intuitions you describe, like morals, or appreciation of natural beauty.
God is not a person, he is much more than that. Per definitionem, he surpasses personality.

user, its time you realize how superior Chad is to you in all aspects

atheist retard kys

Do not fall for manipulation. All religion is cancerous.

THEY'RE HANDING US THEIR INTELLIGENCE FOR IDENTIFICATION!

STUDY THIS IMAGE!

LEARN TO NOT DO THESE THINGS, IF YOU DO!

WE WILL BLEND IN WITH THE NORMIES!

>What do I do?
You should pretend that you are atheist instead of a flithy jewistian and create a thread where you convert by miracle to the jewish god and start deus vulting, that will convince everyone to become jewish like you.

Don't forget to read a warhammer rpg manual instead of the bible to take your ethics from it.

these just keep getting better

You're so bitter.

Because I know the actual problem behind christianity.

>I really value the teaching of the bible

You're either a retarded christcuck larper or just another form of retard

You don't understand jack shit but keep trying. Go on tell me what's wrong with a wholesome religion?

It will brainwash you and manipulate you throughout your life

DELETE THIS

>what's wrong with

Jesus promised that he would be back with the reward for everyone before all his apostles died.

After being informed of jesus's failing, you will want to argue it.

This is jewish behaviour, scripture says something you don't agree with and you wanne keep being a jew, so the game of lying starts.

This is the problem with christianity, we can use any paragraph you want and you'll end up a jew every time.

I raise you... Kantian morality! Everything you, a decent atheist brother, needs is there. Just learn to criticize it a little or else you will have no sex before marriage and some weird things, but the basic of respecting the other people around is there, and it all makes sense inside a solid weltanschauung.

The Bible, for all its faults, does have several good messages in it. Don't kill, don't steal, don't lie, try give people second chances, help those in need, etc. Most of it is stuff that anyone, with or without the Bible, ought to do if they want to just be a good person. You don't have to take it literally, and it isn't all-or-nothing. Even the most devout Christians don't stone adulterers to death, and when it comes to politics, they'll often ignore whatever parts mean they shouldn't get filthy rich at others' expense. You can pick and choose, for better or for worse.

God doesn't have to exist in order for you to learn something from the Bible, and being atheist doesn't mean you can't appreciate some of the moral lessons found in it.

why, user?

>Kant
Wew lad

>your friend is in another room
>a man with a ski mask and a crowbar legally enters the room and asks where your friend is
Go ahead and answer him user. Remember, lying is intending to deceive, and therefore wrong

2 Timothy 3:5-7King James Version (KJV)

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

> LEARN TO CRITICIZE!!!!!11
Anyways, if you really want to be a puritan, deceive him without telling lies, like asking "But why do you want to know?", and then saying insipid things such as "I don't think I may help you with this" (which is true, because you don't want to and because you're going to deceive him). All this is still horse shit if you put the general well being before morality in extreme situations, which I do, thinking of utilitarianism mostly (no, I wouldn't throw Christians to the lions to make the peasantry happy, it's all a matter of moderation).

It's not our fault you lack faith.

Jesus Christ was a perfect man who died for ALL of our sins, EVERYTIME YOU SIN IT'S LIKE JESUS BEING ON THE CROSS!

I think you need to let your JEW delusions go.
The bible tells us they're now from the church of satan.

I'm a proud pagan.

I hot all but two of those.

please put a tad of effort in your memes unless you want to upset the meme gods (me)

Actually a pic of warhammer suffices because christians on Sup Forums merely claim to be christians but their holy book is the warhammer rulebooks which they adapt to christianity and then you see them lying about the commandments.

kek

God and the absence of god are different sides of the same coin. We choose the void or an afterlife. But your soul will only reach god if you have deep faith it will otherwise you will just cease to exist back into that darkness before the womb. Kind of like a dreamless sleep. I know faith helps bridging the gap between death the void and the infinite consciousness however i think people need to practice astral projecting and lucid dreaming during life to assist with the transistion, otherwise the void might be inevitable.

ok just stop making fake memes

>I am an atheist but I really value the teachings of the bible
What "teachings" do you know about?
Can you explain the Parable of the Talents?

>What do I do?
You read A Free Man's Worship by Bertrand Russell.
www3.nd.edu/~afreddos/courses/264/fmw.htm

I myself am an atheist as well, but I simply do not understand how some people can say that atheism leads towards Nihilism. I think that it's empowering when you realize how lonely we are, and how little we matter to the universe. It makes me want to achieve great and wondrous things. It makes me put my faith in something tangible rather than ephemeral -- the human spirit.

Chin up lad. You're British! Your people are the great bringers of civilization! The great imperials! Historians aren't quick to forget that the sun never sets on the British empire. You have a lot of heritage to be proud of, producing some of the greatest works of art and ingenuity the human race has ever seen.

K, get ready to roll over when we chop down your magical trees again and convert your people to Christianity and make them kings.

Just follow in the steps of your ancestors, have respect for their choice.

I'm not a traditional pagan, I follow the living God, the one that doesn't have a religion. He gifted me heaven, as opposite to larpers, I'd actually murder you for my belief, and then pee on the corpse.

holy kek

Sounds like your mind has become dark and confused.

Paul said that would happen at Romans chapter 1.

Face it my brother, you're going to fry in hell if you don't repent.

Actually, when I studied religions I tested christianity, and that religion made my mind to degrade and made me unfortunate, unable to feel emotions and I started having trouble with people and with money.
To make matters worse, I used to ask questions to god and then open the bible to see if he gave answers, well, he did and behind the bible there is a demon who plays with your head.
Christians are a desert cult of desert demon worship and deserve no respect.

>proud pagan
A 2nd death awaits you