GameStop’s stores will be open on Thanksgiving Day this year...

>GameStop’s stores will be open on Thanksgiving Day this year, the company told staff during a series of conference calls this morning, according to two people who were on those calls. It’s a change in policy that has upset some employees of the massive video game retail chain.

Why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/bnAOq
youtube.com/watch?v=ldOIvHNJa7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People can now gift video games as a Thanksgiving present. Great

Gamestop is a failing business and they need to stay open as many days as possible.

game stop is a jew scheme

>we buy your used game at 5 bucks sell them at 30!!!!!
>we buy your console for 40 bucks we sell 200

Because destroying the White mans holiday is another way to kill his pride and resolve.

They had abysmal sales last holiday season. They need any extra day of revenue they can get.

>Why is this allowed?
so we can call and ask for battletoads

That's not a jewish scheme. That is how they make their primary profit. Only poor virgins believe gamestop should but their games back at full price. Online outlets like Steam are putting gamestop out of business.

I know that feel. I've worked thanksgiving at Walmart for the past decade. All I get is 8 hours of overtime and a 25% coupon off an entire transaction. What a pittance. I call it the Black Thursday Limbo. How low will they go to compete with other companies?

What does this holiday even entail anymore?

Gamestop is famous for being horrible towards their employees. Even my close friend worked there for 1 year and he was treated like an absolute shit that didn't get any time off at all.
But it's a dying company though so.. yeah.

>Mexicans don't understand business

No wonder you're all poor and stupid

>Why is this allowed?
Just don't work. I have NEVER worked Thanksgiving or black Friday. This includes my time in retail and service a long time ago (10+ years). I told them I was not coming in black Friday under any circumstance. It is a tradition to stay home, and not drive anywhere.

I tell them I won't be in as soon as possible. They will sit and argue with you that the "Schedule is not made yet" or some nonsense....Always keep a written copy.

Fuck them.

I work construction now. I go to work because the public has no effect on my profit. I hate being a consumer at times because of this. Gamestop was open 4th of july. I was there returning a game that was sold as used but was not working.

I think the transition to digital is fucking them up. Fewer physical copies being traded in or sold.

No one is asking full price but I have an NES copy of Zombie Nation I considered selling to them . Its going for $500-$600 on ebay etc and GS offered me $34. Kikes.

people leave the house to buy videogames???

Gamestop is desperate after terrible sales. Why do you think they bought out thinkgeek and are turning their stores into collectibles stores instead of pure video game stores?

Years of crappy corporate practices are coming home to roost.

Glad you got out and can actually enjoy the holidays. It's a feeling I'll never know. Hopefully next life I can get a job where I can enjoy the holidays, actually see the sunset, and be able to sleep at night.

True, but selling a secondhand game at around the same price as a new one definitely is kikery.

FUCKING GAMESTOP

Console gaming is finally going digital download ala pc. Gamestop sales have been tanking because of it.

Also really shady practices drove away their consumer base years ago.

I love working holidays. 1.5x pay and I have the perfect excuse to avoid family bullshit. You people need to stop bitching.

They're actually one of the few brick and mortars that is still doing well.

Not to mention they threaten publishers with their classic "Oh, you're making digital release cheaper? I guess we won't be able to carry your product then ;) enjoy losing your sales." line.

Brick and mortar game stores need to die.

When I was a kid NOTHING was open on Christmas, you didn't even bother going out and fi you needed or wanted something you were fucked.

Now everything is. Fucking Jews.

Digital media will eventually kill gamestop anyway. The video game industry reached its peak like with everything else, and now it will begin to slow down.

Your kidding right?

Their sales have been in a decline for years. Last Christmas season was terrible for them.

>GameStop
found you're problem

I think it's totally fine if they pay double time. If I owned a business and my margins dictated I be open on holidays, I would pay accordingly. Holiday labor should pay double by law.

t. never worked at a chain vidya store

They should try to function like G2A but that would probably draw a lot of shit from the industry.

STOP POSTING IN OBVIOUS SLIDE THREADS

What gets me is when a corporation like Walmart tries to put itself in the same realm of emergency services such as hospitals, police, fire, and any other on call services. It's really funny on Thanksgiving morning you have the CEO on some news show trying to explain this shit with a straight face. You goddamn well know he's at home with his family enjoying Thanksgiving. The nigger came in, did an interview, and went back home.

Nope, just time and a half, perhaps the meal they provide Out back for the associates is included in that too. Really does have that High School vibe, if you're into that kind of thing. The 25% off coupon I get could pay for itself if I decide to get a laptop or something, spend a grand, and save $250.

yes because physical copies will always be superior to digital copies

How do you make money on a chain of stores going the way of Blockbuster? Can you "short" them?

>buying overpriced, used games

Oh,console plebs! You amuse me

I work at a deli that stays open on all holidays. I'd say they should suck it up and get different jobs if it bothers them so much, but I can't really imagine that there are enough sad shits in the world buying video games on Thanksgiving to justify this in the first place. And I AM the type of sad shit that buys too many video games, but at least I can put the things down long enough to eat some damn turkey.

I loved working holidays. At McDonald's I got double-time-and-a-half and it was usually not any busier than any other day anyway, and I had all afternoon and night to spend with the family anyway.

>cucktaku
archive.is/bnAOq

So just sell it yourself

>b-b-b-b-b-bbut I don't have the time/it's hard/some other shit excuse

Exactly faggot, you're going to them because doing it yourself is annoying. Welcome to the real world.

Same here. It feels good making double-time for less work and being able to laugh at the families getting hoagies for Thanksgiving dinner.

How many people are really shopping on Thanksgiving?

>this was considered a good idea

Call a staffing agency and find a local factory. If you aren't retarded you can be making 16-20 an hour in no time. With union shit you get every holiday off with a usual shut down around christmas for a week.

Not the employees at gamestop. They're working.

does that country have no laws?
over here there are days when you are not allowed to open store

They'll just be standing around with nothing to do. Waste of money.

>MFW I had an offer to move to Texas to work for them in corporate, but said fuck that shit

Thanks for the severance, faggots.

Of course, its just not up to the government to tell private businesses when they can and cant be open.

I don't have a GED, I'm already in my 30s, and I already make $14/hr. I highly doubt I'd be a qualified candidate and I'm not sure how I'd be in a dangerous environment for merely $2 more an hour.

Lots, it's retarded but it's a big deal. Not many people will be going to gamestop with no new consoles this year. Is there anyone that doesn't buy the games digitally now?

If the game is only a year old and the disk is in good condition, then you should get more than $5. Also buying a console from someone then selling it for 5-6 times what you paid for it is crazy. Sorry, but I'll keep my old consoles if you're only offering $20

Capitalism doesn't give fuck about culture or history only dat materialism and cash bb.

but there are national holidays

country > business.

You should get what the market says you should get. You're an american, right? You should believe in that all free market baloney.

For real?

It's seems like Christmas 2.0, a day in which you want to spend with family or friends and even if you didn't have anyone to spend it with the last place I'd want to be is in a shopping mall.

muh big gubmint.
This is why you're 50% white and a cultural pit of degeneracy. Your nation is completely dictated by money grubbers.

>REeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You need to grab life by the balls, twist them 360 degrees and follow up with a throat punch.

Go apply for better jobs. There is no pointless job. Any and all skills no matter how stupid are marketable assets to you. You are only worthless if you choose to be.

>those digits
Kek wills it
>captcha
>select stores
>one is a GameStop
They know

The Friday after thanksgiving became a big shopping day. That got so popular they just kept pushing it earlier and earlier. Now people eat thanksgiving diner then go to the mall to battle. God bless America.

>Not eating a huge ass meal than lying down on the couch for a nap

I thought you Americans new how to gorge yourself on special occasions

>Not watching handegg with your family after eating entirely too much

>2017
>family
>holidays
>culture
>not working all the time for the next iphone
You act like we don't live in a decaying western society m8.

>online gaming and advanced pricing schemes like (((Free to play))) are putting gamestop out of business.
Fixed.
Most popular games are not sold in the Gamestop anymore.

Why does this matter to any of you?
If you're old enough to go on Sup Forums you should be old enough to not work an entry level retail job, let alone one as autistic as GameStop.

I'm so glad I got out of retail.

>Free market baloney
If GameStop is selling the console at $200, then that means the value of the console is at least around $200. That's why I won't be selling for $20. If the console was only worth $20 then GameStop probably wouldn't even bother letting it take up space in their store.

Thanksgiving is a holiday of raping and pillaging the natives, why should leftists care?

Is this why Gamestop is starting to rebrand with tshirts and all those shitty funko pops and is basically Hot Topic with Wii games now?

See . I'm too old to start from the absolute bottom without the competition from hungry, more vivacious young people with a lot more energy than I could possibly have. I can do without the age bias and or discrimination. How do I acquire skills? Fucking community colleges about $10k annually. I have absolutely no dreams that are worth that much, and for a price tag that much there better be goddamn guaranteed employment after.

>Hot Topic
I was in a gamestop for the first time since I picked up a used copy of Halo 2 last month. Wow. I somewhat remember them having stuff like this back then.

I just can't believe in the digital age that these places are still in business. If they had any brains, they would get into selling cd-keys for games. That is their only option. Their used market is their biggest profit maker, and physical copies are going away quickly.

youtube.com/watch?v=ldOIvHNJa7w

yeah maybe it is because of this

>How do I acquire skills?
Apply for an apprenticeship at a local union hall. Skilled labor will train you, and pay you while it happens. electricians, pipefitters, ductworkers etc. You need to apply. they won't look for you. If not anything, contact them and ask questions. Schedule an appointment to speak with the Head of the apprenticeship program. Prepare a few questions. Working the trades is a lifestyle, but it pays well. I get paid over $35/hour + medical dental annuity pension and a vacation fund.

quit being a degenerate though, and get your GED. If you can figure out how to make a post on Sup Forums, you certainly can get your equivalency to a high school tard.

If it makes you feel better, I think you can do this. You have to create motion however. You create the momentum. You must continue with it. If you hit the wave just right, you may be able to coast a bit and still make progress. If you start down the path to self improvement, you will be amazed before you are half way done.

why the fuck is it wrong to be open on thanksgiving?

you're a laborer, working is literally why you exist, if you don't want to work quit your job

This is why I shop at my local video game store. Good prices, good trade in value, great customer service. Hell, the guy who's always there working when I go in told me to wait to get a used Xbox one a couple weeks, since the slums were coming out the regular ones would take a price drop.
Only thing is, with their huge selection of handheld used games for a range of systems, lately it's been fucking asspie central in there. At least one legit with a handler and often groups of 20 somethings who never stopped with the hot topic look.

USA choose capitalism over nationalism so you deserve this

>$5 dollar buy back
>Used games for $40
>No returns sorry lol
>fat male manager only hires roasties
Good riddance.

>you're a laborer, working is literally why you exist, if you don't want to work quit your job
Hahaha. There is a vast difference between slave labor and skilled labor.

t:Pipefitter

fine

if you don't want to work on thanksgiving, get a job where you get to make that choice. if you're in a job without a flexible schedule, that's your fault.

i can't imagine any responsible adult who *needs* the money for his family getting offended that he has to work on a holiday.

then sell it on ebay you lazy bastard, they can't risk buying a repro

>not buying/selling online

they should've been dead sooner desu

>It's thanksgiving, I better go buy a video game for $10 over retail

who actually does this?

seems like they will lose money having to pay employee salaries on a day with no customers.

I used to to work at Macy's and they expected me to be there Thanksgiving night. I did not show up because fuck that. I'd rather spend time with family.

>Being a wage cuck still.

I don't feel sorry for any of them. Even in my 4 years of working retail never did I ever work holidays. Put your foot down and tell them to fuck off. Trust me, help in retail is a lot harder to find than people think. They will bend over backwards for any semicompitent worker.

>all these gamestop employees itt on life support
bahaha

>get a job where you get to make that choice
My union hall made that choice. IF we are offered work on Thanksgiving Day, it must be paid at Double Time. Most of the time the men vote UNANIMOUSLY at the site to not work. I have not herd of one time that anyone wanted to work, though I am sure it does happen.

The ONLY good excuse is "Muh no family", and in our union hall you always are family. You never sit alone on a holiday. You always have a seat at my table.

At the end of the day, working on a holiday is your poor choice as a worker. It is irrelevant if your schedule is "flexible" or not. You don't ask for a day off, you tell them you are taking the day off.

I do get offended about holiday work. I still get somewhat pissed off that things are open on Sundays.

I have a sticker on my hard-hat that reads:

>"Weekends. Brought to you by Organized Labor"

I work really hard all year long so that I can enjoy my holidays mentally and financially. It is your choice, not someone elses. When you give up your will, you allow someone to dictate your life to you. Seems to be the case here. You will also be programmed to deny it, and will ponder what next tirade of insults will offend me. Its ok. You can be mad. It is your fault. You make the choice. Choosing to not choose is still a choice.

Then sell the game on Ebay yourself, nerd. Not only are you benefiting from the money paid for your NES game, but you're benefiting from a buyer that is willing to purchase your game there and then. They do the work of selling you're game in a way that you're too lazy to do. Sell it yourself if you want a higher price.

No, it's called "understanding the market." If there are people willing to sell their games at such a low price (which there are) and also people willing to purchase the same, used game at a higher price (which there obviously are), that is completely fine.

Again, if you're so upset with Gamestop purchasing the game or console from you at such a low price, SELL IT YOURSELF. The benefit of Gamestop (if you can call it that) is they are a known buyer of video games and consoles. Sometimes part of the work is finding someone to purchase your shit. Stop complaining about their business practices and sell it yourself.

By the way, I hate Gamestop and hope they fail, but you permavirgins expecting a distributor to purchase your game at the price YOU set is a foolish expectation.

They've been radicalized and weaponized against the very concept of organized labour. They do not understand you, or comprehend the blood and time and effort involved in obtaining the rights that they allow politicians to erode.

>Gamestop purchasing the game
This is the paradox for "man-children".

Gamestop provides instant gratification. Ebay has similar prices on used games but requires waiting for shipping.

I have just started into "console" gaming because the xbox 360 is now cheap. I plan on hacking it apart and making a media center from it like I did with the original xbox.

>They've been radicalized and weaponized against the very concept of organized labour.
I am a republican at a federal level, but I realize the concept that capitalism can create a monster of businesses. It is imperative that employees know their rights and stand in solidarity. Real union people put aside differences and see common goals and stand solid. Cucked wage slaves fear for their job and blame others for their inability to generate more income. If your job makes you think that you are worthless, it is time to get a new job...because they are probably right.

>They will bend over backwards for any semicompitent worker.
This, they will do everything to not fire you if you're not a shitbag employee. I had around 30 points for tardiness at Walmart and I never got shit for it other than my review saying I needed to show up on time. They usually fire at 3-4 points.

If they don't like it they can quit. I've worked every holiday for the past 4 years. Granted I work at a hospital so holidays for me are shitposting for 8 to 12 hours and getting paid time and a half for it.

>They only give me $5 for this game!
You lot weren't around for Flipperama last month were you? PvZ2, for example, was selling at Best Buy for $15 and selling to GameStop for somewhere around $40. Between the bullshit of that and of a couple days ago I'm sitting on nearly $3000 in credit with those assholes, and this is after preordering everything I wanted to begin with.

>hospital
Comparing a career with a lifestyle to a minimum wage retail job is preposterous. Don't downplay the importance of your career by even comparing to wagecucks.

Careers generally come with odd schedules or conditions....Jobs are just junk that pays you just enough to not steal too much and expects you to work weekends and holidays.

Who even shops on Thanksgiving? Seems like such a terrible day to go out and shop.

Black Friday isn't enough anymore.

I never even cared about thanksgiving that much, but I think it's stupid to tarnish it when the entire point of black Friday was that thanksgiving was over. I don't even like sounding like an old man typing this, but shit.

>If they don't like it they can call in.
Most places will not fire you for calling out even if it is a holiday.

Not sure what questions I'd have prepared.

>Working the trades is a lifestyle, but it pays well
From my experience when I was on electricians crew via family it consisted of mostly 18-hour days in the Texas heat surrounded by spics and meth heads. Not sure senpai, but union jobs are probably a bit more structured, if not sane, and the fact I'll probably be seen as an actual human being, rather than the extreme divide between labor and management that I've seen over the decade at Walmart.

Is it really that hard to post on Sup Forums? I don't think that shows any intellegence as literal 10 year olds come on this damn site. I do thank you for having at least some faith in me, not many do as given my continuous bad luck since I've been 18 as I haven't made the best decisions (supporting my lazy parents until I was nearly 30 and wasting tens of thousands of dollars on them)

Muh 5PM doorbuster specials.

Most people get no extra pay on holidays here, for the lower classes at least.

>He doesn't know about diskrott

If only people gifted Indians a loo.