Why are so many people experiencing "graduation depression"...

Why are so many people experiencing "graduation depression"? Is it because they realized they all picked shitty degrees and cant find jobs?

Other urls found in this thread:

lewrockwell.com/2017/02/jon-rappoport/number-one-mind-control-program-us-colleges/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes, most majors are memes. The only ones with value are STEM, law, business/finance/economics/accounting/marketing, medicine and thats about it. Majority of the rest like literature, philosophy or gender studies are retarded and not marketable to employers

That or they figured they don't like their future job

Well if they are good writers they could write a book and if it's good it should sell and if it's really good maybe it gets turned into a movie

I can't imagine how bad impostors syndrome is when you're an actual impostor.

i majored in writing and average ~125+k / year. i know many liberal arts majors who make similar salaries. a degree is a degree, and even STEM/law are useless if you cant put yourself out here and get a job. even in those more specialized fields, the degree field itself is only important if you plan on pursuing higher education in that field (e.g. becoming a doctor or something similar). any hack can bumble their way through a law degree at a shitty school.

basically. I was aviation major with AFROTC and now I am at SUPT and loving it.

no, its because they majored in a meme joke degree and college was just play time for 4 years and constant smoke being blown up their asses, then then went out into the real world and got hit real hard with the fact that they are useless faggots

when i graduated from high school i went straight into a minimum wage job and did army training on the weekends
school is infinitely more fun than work, and the lack of variety in such a menial job can really come as a shock to someone who's recently come out of an environment full of friends, fun and parties.
i've been to exactly one party in the last year compared to 2-3 parties a month while i was in school
call me a degenerate or a kid or whatever but i miss school and work is a fucking drag

I had graduation depression when I finished High School, because I didn't know what to do after I graduated.

Self righteousness does not put food on the table.

Pls kill yourself

>125k a year

if you can make 125k a year, you can make more for your wagey cuck boss

not even shitty degrees. most young whites these days are so autistic and brain damaged that they lack even basic networking skills. they literally believe that the second the graduate people are lining up to hire them.

you have to make fucking connections in college if you want a job after graduation. make friends with your professors and classmates or suffer.

i'm 29 with many years to go. considering i inherited nothing, id say i'm in a good place, particularly in reference to the NEETs on this board. but go ahead, move the goalposts some more. let me guess, you're a STEM student now who thinks someone is going to magically hand him a job making 200k a year the day your graduate? fucking KEK.

>3
This and even if you pick a good degree and get a job that pays well, student loans will fuck you for the next 10-20 years.

They were cool and important in college and some regular fuckhead in the real world.

Because American college is a vacation/party resort for young Americans and they don't get to sleep in till 11 and smoke weed with their friends all day and ride the cock carousel by night anymore

It's always scary entering the post-graduation phase of life, but today's graduates think they're paying for the degree as a service, and then the degree will work like a job voucher when they graduate.

Once they realize they aren't inherently precious, have to actually prove themselves, show marketable skills, and develop their own professional identity all by themselves beyond the degree they "paid for," they get depressed.

TLDR modern graduates are emotionally subnormal losers with no concept of how the world works, i.e. it doesn't revolve around them or owe them a job "cuz I got my degree."

youre talking about the successful ones that get jobs user, this article is talking about autistic STEM students that have no social skills and therefor no value in society.

A lot of it is a scam. You can earn a really good money out there by educating yourself in your desired subject on the web, and getting an early start in that field, most STEM aside. Experience is worth a ton.

I remember the graduation blues. It's a major transition. Some anxiety is to be expected you're starting a new life after all.

>125k
Pathetic
I'm a chef at wendy's making 467k a year and i have a a 14 inch penis

hi

>get degree
>OH YOU THINK YOUR DEGREE IS WORTH SOMETHING YOU FUCKING LOSER!
>AUTISTIC SCREECHING!

bad bait, made me reply

>Women don't know what to do with their lives when there's no authority figure taking them by the hand and leading them towards "their" goals
FREE THINKERS UNITE

Reminder nearly all colleges have an EXPLORATORY Major option. Basically you can have no fucking idea what you want to do but hey, lets go to college anyways and we'll help you figure it out.

Its like giving a dealer $40,000 before you even know what car you want, and if you decide you dont want a car after all youre fucked

Women were and always be meant to be in the presence of a man who will be superior to her, women aren't supposed to be independent or any of that memey shit

>if if if if if
calm down obongo
that goes for literally every major except the absolute meme ones like gender studies
if you put in work, time and effort you will produce results and be successful
the "newer" genrations have the attention-span of a toddler on coke and mostly lack ambitions and sense of responsibility as a result of a coddled, and well funded, childhood

I want to meet you IRL. Like what the fuck kind of person would come up with this at random. You're peobably a top tier bro and very funny.

It is because 99.9% of all majors are memes if you don't even try to talk to the professors to get job options after college. Only engineers really get jobs without having to do any networking.

Leafs are funnier than burgers.

I guess it's because they regret their choice, I picked a meme degree and luckily found a job after graduating.
In my opinion working is much better than being in highschool or college because you only have to pay attention to it while you're at work and can do whatever you want with your free time, no studying or worrying about finishing a project or homework. If you have decent coworkers it definitely helps too.

I went to Canada, they really are not.

Also tell the people of Calgary that real cowboys are only in America

electronics???

As a woman I can confirm. I'm currently studying microbiology. I'd like to have my own job, and follow my dreams. But a part of my dreams is also having a husband who will lead me and make decisions for the both of us, someone who is assertive and a true leader.

Its a meme you dip

They haven't yet realized that they have been tricked.

I can confirm, I have like six canadian friends and they're all hilarious. I know like 20 americans and they all randomly range from retarded to creepy to sometives making clever jokes.

It's called reality shock
You don't have "idealistic" profs selling rhetoric to an echo chamber anymore all of the sudden they realize they are a vocal minority with a buttload of debt.
Also the majority of university students are women so for a majority of graduates to exhibit mental health issues should come to no surprise

No. College used to be a good transition period between childhood and adulthood. Since college is basically high school 2.0 these days there is no transition period and when people graduate they are violently ejected into adulthood without being prepared.

Shut the fuck up your LARPing retard, everyone knows no female is smart enough to discuss things like this or even want to come to a website full of weebs and hairy fat virgins

Cause in college they feel important with all the social justice stuff going on and whatnot, lots of events to hang out with other students.

Then they hit the real world where there's so much less of that, can't go out and party 24/7 since you don't live in a dorm with hundreds of people.

You start to realize you are not special and are just an average person, and they can't handle that

That mostly falls into STEM.

you know what the T in STEM stands for?

Double on this.

What's the deal with all the pedo bait here?

it used to be /ourthing/ but now it is the left doing it so we hate it

You don't have to study anything to be a good writer. Learn your language thoroughly (fucking pay attention in elementary school), keep a journal, use words you're not familiar with, visit "Word of the day" pages or podcasts. Learn to SPEAK like a proper human being and not like a kang. I keep a journal, I write articles about whatever interests me and I don't even fancy myself a writer, but I love to write.

On another note, I am a computer engineer (not a shitty cs major). I would definitely be a virgin if I didn't know how to properly use my mother tongue. Keep learning fellas.

>tfw I already had a job secured before graduation from my internship and ended up going to another company that offered me more starting and around a 50% increase within a few years.

Feels good being a STEM autist

I hate fucking college, I want to turn back time. I have a job secured though, but it's not worth of 4 year degree. I'm 30k in debt, which is less than average though. Still fucking sucks. I could have used the loans to start my own business.

>writing
with that type of typing. Bullshit my man.

Life for women in college:

>Everyone agrees with you
>You are tested on how much you agree with your professor
>Feel EMPOWERED with dumbass pseudo-intellectual pursuits like diversity summits

Out in the real world people disagree with you and want you to explain why you think what you do. People ask why you work at a nonprofit making Wendy's money. Almost every fuckhead woman I've ever known (or sadly dated) has or is going back for a Master's degree just to feel the warm embrace again.

You're fucking stupid. If only you knew how stupid you look to me. I'm a fucking girl and some random neckbeard is telling me I'm not. Guess these periods and boobs mean nothing to ignorants.

Young people who don't really know who they are or what they like go to a private party zone for four years where they experience the most extreme emotions of their short lives thus far, and while making decisions of enormous, far-reaching importance which will affect them for the rest of their lives...then it all magically ends one day, and they have to leave the party zone forever and get a job. Oh, and they're probably in debt. And a tranny.

Little wonder people get sad.

Nice to see that they are continuing the bubble

Can confirm. Was useless

>went for electronics after ~6 years of shit jobs
>get into basic algebra
>realize im autistic or something
>cant fucking do basic algebra
>bail and drop out and continue working shitty fag tier jobs
>recently quit my last fag shit job
>sitting my my mothers basement drinking malt vinegar from the bottle right now
>prolly going to kms

If you stopped being this way maybe you'd actually know how many girls you've talked to on here. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.
Also stop insulting women you insensitive fuck. Get out of your basement and talk to real women. Not every girl is a plastic bitch who only ever cares about Makeup and clothes. There are many girls who are into as many weebshit as you are, and are hikkikomori and have put as many hours into CSGO as you have. Stop the women are all plastic meme.

Admittedly I'm ugly but I'm not like those roasties. I have my own personality and don't give a fuck about the size of whomever the fucks dick. All those whores should get AIDS and die. Women should relearn to fucking respect themselves and stay loyal to one partner lifelong.

They are looking for reasons to be depressed about something so people can feel bad about them

>pick a retarded degree with no career prospects to party every night and ride the cock carousel
>finish uni, now fast approaching mid-20s
>work at a bar, coffee shop, supermarket etc. at minimum wage
>barely afford to pay rent on your shitty studio apartment and your financed 10 year old Peugeot
>nobody wants to be with you because you an unsuccessful waste of air and already past your prime.

REALLY ACTIVATES YOUR ALMONDS, HUH?

There are no girls on the Internet, now gtfo

I don't think many stem majors expect to make 200k on graduation.

They were told going to university was necessary to become adults so they picked whatever sham degree they could get accepted to, but then got infantilased and indoctrinated by postmodernist-neomarxists.

They need to sort themselves out.

I constantly have to synthetize my voice and pretend to be a male online because of faggots like you who can't just fucking play wihout giving a shit that I'm a girl. It's not a big fucking deal. Women can be tools, as there are many, but they can be into stupid shit too and be weird and disgusting and love being in environments where there's many "hairy fat virgins" as you call them.

Also on a side note people who think of a man's virginity as negative can kill themselves. I wouldn't marry a man who isn't a virgin even if he was the best romantic match. I hate manwhores as much as I hate woman whores.

STAY CHASTE UNTIL MARRIAGE.

>graduation depression
>I have spent best days of my life riding the cock carousel and being strong independent woman only to found out that all that awaits me in the future are meaningless relationships and 80h workweeks
>why won't other people do something about it so I don't have to change or gender forbid accept consequences of my actions
Most moder women made thair beds this way and now they can be raped in them for all I care

yea same I make 90k a year as a wendys district manager got my burger degree the first and last time I smoked weed 10 years ago

No. It's because the daycare of university ended and they're in the real world.

the boomers sold all our jobs to Pajeets and Mexico

>people talk about getting 100-200k a year jobs
>mfw I'm just going in for a trade that will pay like 30-60k a year
I wish I could bring myself to have higher aspirations moneywise but even now I hardly do anything with my money.

????????
This is literally making me cry why do you people have to be this way. I've been in Sup Forums for years, and as long as I don't mention not being a guy I'm fine. If I even hint I'm a woman like I did just now, I get called a LARPer and insulted.
I didn't even bring itup for attention whoring like most girls (males) here. Someone said women should all have a man to lead them and I wanted to confirm it since I'm a woman who knows what the need to have a man to lead is.

Writing a book is something you do as a hobby that can turn into a career if your good. It is not something you should be pursuing from the onset as a career because you will starve while you write, build an audience, and get recognized.

It's because studying is nice and working full-time is shit.

If it makes you feel better they're all lying. Most starting salaries are 40-60k. And usually require tons of extra hours you don't get paid more for.

Working 90 hour weeks isn't worth it. Just do your trade, make your 60k and go home.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

newsflash: people on the internet lie, especially on anonymous image-boards

most of the people here with "100k+ STEM jobs" probably still live with their parents at 25 and are unemployed.

DM me

lewrockwell.com/2017/02/jon-rappoport/number-one-mind-control-program-us-colleges/

“More than 25 percent of college students have been diagnosed or treated by a professional for a mental health condition within the past year.”

Let that sink in. 25 percent.

Colleges are basically clinics. Psychiatric centers.

>snowflakes think depressing is the same as "feeling down"

Your extended rant against his brief insult is doing nothing to help the "triggered woman" meme. If anything, it justifies the no women on the internet rule.

>Sup Forums isn't woman-friendly
>Sup Forums isn't PC
>Sup Forums isn't the place to rant about "muh struggles as a woman

Trying to change these facts isn't going to work. If it doesn't work for the government or share blue, it's not gonna work for you. If you don't want tards like that guy insulting you, I suggest you quit ranting and man up

>Admittedly I'm ugly
Well you are a White Supremacist so at least you are pretty on the inside

Well, they all expect to, but then reality sets in.

Honestly even STEM is starting to become a meme. Market is so saturated and shit like Chemistry/Physics/Engineering just isn't that hard.

>literally making me cry
LARPer confirmed

I didnt realize how useless a master degree in engineering was until I graduated

It's because they've been pushed into it(university) by family/friends/society and believe that that is what they wanted all along without realising that getting the degree isn't the end goal it is the starting point.
Same thing with marriage and weddings, people spend ages organising and planning this perfect day without thinking about what they'll do afterwards.

Im a service advisor for a car dealership in southern California make around 80 85k a year didnt go to college just work real hard at everything you do what you get out of your job is what you put into it

All it is is separation anxiety, home sickness. When you spend a few years with the same people only to have to upend your social life because you have to move on that can cause an emotional whiplash. The journey to graduation provides a comfortable routine for many and when routine gets disrupted that upsets people, even moreso when that routine is never coming back. I bet it's the same psychological phenomenon that retirees go through except retirement has much more investment. Thirty years versus four to eight or so.

when I graduated for college I did so completely debt free. any sadness about leaving college was because I was going to miss campus and my friends.

I don't think college student even enjoy school anymore.

because college was literally so fun, and you extend your childhood into your adult years then suddenly youre done and its time to wake up. i experience it, i wouldnt call it depression though. just a hard reality check. but thats fucking life, you dont need to feel validated just fucking deal with it and move one. why do these kids dwell on everything.

because it's some made up bullshit for faggots.

>seless a master degree in engineering
No mate its just the country your living in. Better play some more CSGO huh. Same problem in my country btw :/

this.

college isn't even fun for these people

I'm in college, free of course

Should I get into the real world or stay in the comfyness of academia? Help me anons

You're right :/

"It's nice to be validated because my father wasn't there to validate my existence"

You sound like a faggot.

>Better play some more CSGO huh

all I do all day is learn programming languages and applying for jobs. I don't have time for video games. Civil engineering was a mistake, gonna try to get a job as a web developer. Applied to 300+ jobs now.

men and women are different and our sensibilities are also different
as is the way we engage in social interactions

if you rl are not biting heed my advice:
accept two things
for men interacting with women is really tiresome for variety of reasons
your very presence is a thread to male spaces that are needed for male psychical health

all men uderstand those two things on some lvl but anons on Sup Forums are simply more aware of it
so either make it worthwile and show your tits or if you looking for male acceptance and support in your life then find yourself a husband