Norse paganism is growing rapidly, in both music and TV shows. And whilst Christianity is declining...

Norse paganism is growing rapidly, in both music and TV shows. And whilst Christianity is declining, so called "asatru" is growing, and in Iceland they've even got a temple for it.

So, what is Sup Forums's stance on this?

I think it's obviously fucking LARPing. No one actually believes in fucking Odin and Thor. But, it doesn't effect me so let them have fun I guess.

nobody believed in the christian god either until after a few generations. remember that parents and shit just played along with it for the first few generations just because of the benefits of said belief system.

"I think it's obviously fucking LARPing. No one actually believes in fucking Jesus and God. But, it doesn't effect me so let them have fun I guess."
I don't see how you can act superior whilst believing in other gods.
All it takes to change gods is one generation, if you raise your kids to believe in ex Odin and Thor, well then certainly they will.

>No one actualy believes in fucking Odin and Thor
Same can be said about any god user, just because they dont align with your views doesnt mean "muh muh god is real their gods are fake and dey be larpers"
This is why people dont like religious people they are ignorant degenerates such as yourself

hell, thats basically how the original norse pagans were christianized in their homelands...
our conqueror kings like the normands accepted vassalage in return for converting to christianity and offering protection from and harbors for their pagan relatives.
the merits of the system was not lost on visiting norse pagan raiders, who brought it home and built more stable nations and societies on the same foundations.

>Norse paganism is growing rapidly
Hardly. "Paganism" has always had a following among hippies and other degenerates but it's a tiny percentage of the population.
>in both music and TV shows
Lol that's why it's such a joke, nu-males watch Vikings and listen to wardruna and then want to pretend to be a Vikang to make up for lack of identity.
>Iceland they've even got a temple for it.
Yeah and loads of fags are flying to Iceland to get married by asatru "priests". No matter what the "pagans" here will say mainstream asatru is a faith by and for degenerates.

It amazes me that people can be so blatantly ignorant such as yourself, everything you've said is one big strawman

Trendy tards who watched too much TV.

>pretend to be a Vikang to make up for lack of identity
What other identity are they supposed to have? That's most of their history until the Christianization of Scandinavia took place less than a thousand years ago.

Better for them to LARP with their own culture than with someone else's.

I think i should poke odin's other eye out with my cock. Grow up you larp fag

Then dispute what I said.
It's an empty religion based on fragments of stories and lore and many of it's followers are just in it for the aesthetics. Nearly all the mainstream groups for it are degenerate. Many of it's followers are simply leftists desiring spirituality while avoid the morality of Christianity.
>What other identity are they supposed to have?
Presumably their national ones. Culture = / = Religion, though they're often intertwined. One can embrace their traditional culture without attempting to worship extinct nonsense.

All religions are LARPing to those without any measure of faith in them.

It's better than Christianity which is the biggest fucking jewish scheme ever pulled on the white race

The majority of this board equates Paganism to Pagans who follow more of the Nordic side which is not exactly correct.

Pagans are simply someone who follows a polytheistic belief system. So if you believe in Zeus and the Greek gods you're also Pagan. Neptune and the rest of the Roman pantheon? Also Pagan.

>All Catholics are Christian but not all Christians are Catholic

This is generally the same of Paganism. Not all Pagans are followers of Odinism/Asatru etc. but all who follows those are a Pagan.

With the out of the way it can be said that Nordic Paganism (There are many different "groups" just like Christianity) is growing because it's a belief system primarily based on easily acceptable truths and values.

To be a true Nordic Pagan it takes many hours of learning who our ancestors were and why they lived/believed the way they did. Learning the values and culture of the "religion" is just as important as the stories associated with it.

Unfortunately there is a group that do LARP/Roleplay "muh vikings" because they seem to think that's what the religion is all about. It's that louder group that's attracting all the attention and crap.

Ever since I began researching my family tree and history in the early 2000's and discovering almost all of my ancestors hailed from Norway and Germany I've made an effort to study and learn about their pre-Christian beliefs.

I just want to have my beliefs and live normally like everyone else. I'm compatible with most religions I deal with daily and don't push it on people.

If someone asks I answer. I someone wants to learn I help teach. If I can't teach I will help find someone who can teach us both.

Asatru is not empty, you would know this if you did your homework as the joke goes. Your other points are are correctly targeting the problem Asatru is having right now. Those who are seriously into the religious practice are outnumbered by rebellious leftists who think any non-christian religion is the perfect accessory for their degeneracy.
Remember that Asatru is still very young, wait a few more decades and see how it all pans out.

What do you think of re-constructionists who utilize the idea of a common origin of European religions practice to modify tradition from other cultures in order to fill in gaps?

The thing I dislike most about the semites is their total disrespect towards nature, the only religions that respect nature in the modern age are some bizarre Eastern religions and European Paganism. Clearly the Earth and nature are valuable and absolutely integral to out survival, therefore I believe Abrahamics are totally idiotic for having zero respect for it. Abrahamism is a religion of suicidal goat herders from a desolate place, not a religion for the white man who thrives under the forest canopy.

>Presumably their national ones. Culture = / = Religion, though they're often intertwined
Maybe because religion is part of your national identity.

>One can embrace their traditional culture without attempting to worship extinct nonsense.
That's a materialistic view that excludes spirituality (be it nonsensical or not) and can only lead to the rise of degenerate ideologies.

Abandoning religion together with their national identity is one of the reasons why Sweden is such a mess nowadays. They probably started by ridiculing their own religious beliefs, followed by losing interest in their festivals and other traditions, and then by forgetting their own values. Commie bullshit filled the moral vacuum left by cultural death and now they're a nation of faggots whose only identity is how much they love niggers and hate themselves.

ViKANGZ the tv show literally promotes cuckolding and sexual degeneracy

say-gey

>What do you think of re-constructionists who utilize the idea of a common origin of European religions practice to modify tradition from other cultures in order to fill in gaps?

Well that's just it isn't it? The biggest issue with the revival of these beliefs is that there are so many blanks to fill because of how it was maintained and eradicated many years ago.

I think there is a strong chance that there was a common polytheistic system than splintered by region and people over many years. I do not believe that this was something that happened in a generation or two though.

I personally feel this is were the heavy cultural aspects comes into play with many Pagan beliefs coming out of Europe. The main system fragmented into smaller ones by region and each group of peoples put their own "spin" or "culture" to it.

Sorry if that's not quite on point. You question seems a little bit above my train of though at this moment.

ITT: Butt hurt Christians super whiney because not everyone worships their magical Jew.

>that flag
>8% sub-saharan African
>discussing white ppl religions