hooktube.com/watch?v=WyGq6cjcc3Q
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=10.1289/ehp.1104912
hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/
observer.com/2017/05/john-oliver-property-tax-scam-trump/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>linking LastWeekTonight
Change domain to hooktube so they don't get views

hooktube.com/watch?v=WyGq6cjcc3Q

He's not a fraud, he's a disinfo agent. Oliver is a complete idiot. Alex Jones serves his narrative.

stopped watching once john "current year" oliver tried to say that fluoride in tap water wasn't a real thing

It's not harmful

Fuck off, shill.

>Conclusions: The results support the possibility of an adverse effect of high fluoride exposure on children’s neurodevelopment.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/?term=10.1289/ehp.1104912

>high fluoride exposure on children’s neurodevelopment.
No good science has proven the levels found in drinking water are harmful

>One meta-data study with inconclusive results proves that I'm right

I hate the scientifically illiterate.

That's not what the study I just linked says

Most of Sup Forums seems to know Alex Jones is a joke.

nice straw man. I never made an assertion.

Good luck getting a grant to do a double blind.
You know (((who))) hands out grants right.

Wow, Oliver sure showed AJ by buying all that home-run product available at 30% off at Infowarslife.com.

How can you expose the inventor of Super Male Vitality as a fraud? You literally can't.

This shit just drives more traffic to Infowars
Also that faggot purchased hundreds of dollars worth of product so I'm not sure what his plan was

>Difference of literally 1/2 an IQ point
Lmao

bill cooper was saying that 20 years ago it is common knowledge you kids don't know shit .

>Results: The standardized weighted mean difference in IQ score between exposed and reference populations was –0.45 (95% confidence interval: –0.56, –0.35) using a random-effects model. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas.
> significantly lower IQ score
The shills sure are out in force tonight

>I never made an assertion.

Replying to the message "It's not harmful" while quoting the part in the study says that it's possibly harmful is an implied assertion.

Either way, my point stands; a single meta-data study with inconclusive results does not mean fluoride in water is harmful.

JOHN OLIVER = ALPHA KEK

FUCK YOUR SLIDE THREAD

SAGE

>I'm an illiterate moron and words mean whatever I want them to mean
Wow you are a true intellectual.

>a single meta-data study with inconclusive results does not mean fluoride in water is harmful.
It certainly indicates cause for concern and further research rather than dismissing it and pretending that everything is fine

Why lie about something so easy to fact check?

>The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.

significant just means they can measure the difference, it doesn't mean it turns people into complete retards

Looking through your posts in this thread and how you keep quote-mining the study, you obviously think fluoride is harmful. So I don't understand why you're getting buttmad and calling it a strawman.

>It certainly indicates cause for concern and further research rather than dismissing it and pretending that everything is fine

Not really. You don't have any idea of how research papers or results work. You can meta-data pretty much any result you want, as long as you pick the right studies you're getting meta-data from. And scientific consensus is not based on a single meta study. Fluoride consumption science is decades, if not centuries old, and one meta study with inconclusive results is not cause for concern.

John Oliver is the fraud
I believe everything Alex jones has to say.

>Average loss of 7 points
>With a standard deviation of 15

Congrats it's absolutely nothing

>he actually bothers to talk about jones

Wow. Now that is funny.
How much of a joke his show is that is.

Alex jones literally dumps cheap russian propaganda on his naive conservative audience every day. He is surely paid by the Kremlin

The fluoride is industrial waste.

That is my biggest concern, that industries cover this up to get rid of their waste.

I'm really starting to believe you're a paid shill. This is the biggest load of mental gymnastic bullshit I've read on this board all day.

So reducing your IQ from 100 to 93 is absolutely nothing? Definitely a shill. No one is legit this stupid.

Just the fact that this necrotic toothed retard has to try to defame Alex Jones means Jones must be telling the truth.
When your getting flak, you're likely right over the target.

The SD is the problem.

Every professional IQ test has an SD of either 15 or 16.

>So reducing your IQ from 100 to 93 is absolutely nothing? Definitely a shill. No one is legit this stupid.

You do not understand what standard deviation is, and I'm certain that you have no experience taking anything beyond high school statistics classes.

>Mental gymnastics
>Doesn't understand how statistics work, so calls anyone who disagrees with him a paid shill

I don't know about fluoride, but I think something must be wrong with the water you're drinking.

reminder John Oliver learns about all the things he talks about 5 minutes before he says them as he is instructed by his writers

All he proved is that he subsidizes his show with holistic medical supplies and nutritional supplements.

Oliver didn't even go over his personal financials.

He has 3 nice watches that could be fake or real Rolexes.

Is he driving a top of the line Mercedes? Does he have a yacht? Does he have a mansion in Malibu where he hangs out with the Hollywood celebs he disses?

>You do not understand what standard deviation is
This is projection at its finest. ALL IQ tests have an SD of 15-16. Every single one. You clearly have a double digit IQ.

he is tyt level retardation. the more incredulous you make out you are the more brainraped your audience is to accept your position

As if it wasnt obvious before. Hes just a fun meme. No one actually takes him seriously. Only a fucken idiot would need John Oliver to tell them this. Just watch his show. All he does is shill his products

It's proven to cause IQ reduction over time.

Wait... You're not a bot?

The uploader has made this video not available in your country.

That's the fucking point. I'm going to type this out as clearly for you as possible.

IQ tests have a standard deviation of 15.

The average loss in IQ was approximately 7 IQ points.

Because that number is within the standard deviation, you cannot correlate fluoride with the drop in scores. The scores will naturally deviate within 15 points.

If you were to do the test again, because there is a standard deviation of 15, you could end up with a +15 IQ gain, or a -15 IQ loss.

If the IQ loss were outside the standard deviation, it would be significant.

back when Jones was mainly focused on making documentaries and spending a large amount of his time doing actual research, he was pretty good. His documentaries are still really good, well sourced, slightly hyperbolic in some areas,

now he's a water filter salesman, that spends all day on the radio trying to expand while spiraling further into, what appears to me as, mental illness.

That would be against the rules

>Because that number is within the standard deviation, you cannot correlate fluoride with the drop in scores. The scores will naturally deviate within 15 points.
This is not how statistics work you goddamn idiot. Go take a high school statistics class for the love of God.

hooktube should circumvent well enough, should it not?

>The average loss in IQ was reported as a standardized weighted mean difference of 0.45, which would be approximately equivalent to seven IQ points for commonly used IQ scores with a standard deviation of 15.* Some studies suggested that even slightly increased fluoride exposure could be toxic to the brain. Thus, children in high-fluoride areas had significantly lower IQ scores than those who lived in low-fluoride areas. The children studied were up to 14 years of age, but the investigators speculate that any toxic effect on brain development may have happened earlier, and that the brain may not be fully capable of compensating for the toxicity.

>“Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says. “The effect of each toxicant may seem small, but the combined damage on a population scale can be serious, especially because the brain power of the next generation is crucial to all of us.”

Wow, sounds really insignificant! You must be smarter than a scientist.

You're arguing with alex jones fans. Why bother?

That doesn't mean it's not an issue.
It just confirms the SD.

yes it is

Checked

It's only an issue if you're measuring individuals. They're taking the AVERAGE IQ of a large sample. You are essentially arguing that you can't say there's a measurable IQ difference between Hispanics and whites, or whites and Asians, or Hispanics and blacks, because the average is less than the SD.

Because he wants to deny reality

Please have my children

>responding to your own proxy samefagging

hmmm really makes you think

That's not my proxy. This is.

I guarantee that mathematically illiterate faggot voted for Clinton

How many jew pharmaceutical companies advertise with HBO?

Infowars products are literally just whole foods suppliers private labeling for Alex, he even says this on air. Anyone who tries to dismiss supplements as crazy is an actual moron or shill. Fast food is literal poison yet you know you'll see a McDonalds ad right after the Late Show...

Why do I need some unfunny bong to validate that crazy Alex Jones is crazy?

>admits he has a list of proxies
Whoever is paying you is wasting their money

I don't think you understand what standard deviation is.

A standard IQ test has a standard deviation of 15. This does NOT mean that if you test someone once and they score a 100 you could test them again and they might score an 85 or a 115. If you test someone once and they score 100, they'll score 100 every time. Standard deviation is not an error in the test. What a "standard deviation of 15" means is that 68% of the population has an IQ of 100 +/- 15, and 95% of the population has an IQ of 100 +/- 30.

Standard deviation measures the distribution of data, it has nothing to do with the accuracy of the test.

The study says an average IQ loss of 7 was measured, this means that what they observed is that the entire normal distribution of IQ scores one would expect to find with a median of 100 and a standard deviation of 15 now has a median of 93 and a standard deviation of 15.

This means that if everyone on Earth consumes an excess of fluoride, then the planet's average IQ will fall to 93, with 68% of the population having an IQ of 93 +/- 15 and 95% of the population having an IQ of 93 +/- 30. In other words, it makes people stupider.

Gotta admit the writers of the show are pretty damn good
Johnny boy on the other hand is just a discount Stewart, his lack of charisma is puzzling for a tv show host

>you're arguing with shitposters who meme AJ's psychotic ass because he's hilarious and meme worthy
ftfy

He didn't prove anything.

Not even debunking the stuff he is talking about for 20 minutes. He can't prove his drugs don't work (they actually do, they're just too expensive). He can't prove the thing with the frogs isn't true (it is true).

The entire segment is "PLEASE NEVER TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY, GOYIM, YOU JUST CAN'T BECAUSE HE SELLS EXPENSIVE THINGS AND WAS WRONG ABOUT SANDY HOOK. PLEASE DON'T TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY."

He even says this 1:1

If you get influenced by this weasel and hate Jones even just a little bit more after watching this shit, you are a subhuman and should off yourself.

Are you unemployed?
Or just on vacation?

HBO doesn't have ads

>OP only posted once
Sup Forums - Viral Marketing

>If you test someone once and they score 100, they'll score 100 every time.
You're not a smart man.

Yeah, it's shit and harmful, though.

I don't care much for jones, but Oliver "exposing anyone as a fraud" amuses me. Oliver is a grade a intellectual fraud, so him exposing anyone is patently ridiculous

There must be fluoride in your vodka or something because you're a fucking idiot. The accuracy of the test is completely different than the standard deviation.

He doing us a great service, so shut your fucking whore mouth.

He's right. You might deviate by a couple points depending on things like how tired you are, but that has nothing to do with the SD.

He didn't even mention how Jones was getting close to Trump's involvement as a top player in pizzagate. So Trump made his stop reporting on pizzagate.

Then days after Jones applogized for pizzagate, Trump gives him White House press credentials.

And all you tards can talk about is tap water making frogs gay.

>The accuracy of the test is completely different than the standard deviation.
Then why did you brought up that non-arggument at all you dum dum?

He's making sure the kikes dont get money on jewtube faggot

what's the difference between an elevator and a mexican?

an elevator can raise children.

I can't decipher this nonsense. Learn English before posting on an English language imageboard.

Another proxy. Russians don't talk like that.

Alex is enjoying the fruits of capitalism, and is a start down the rabbit hole for many people. Fuck off commie kike.

>John Oliver picks unimportant things to criticize Alex Jones like a high school girl gossiping to her friends.

FTFY cheers

I'm not denegrading the man. Just interested.

Norway has a great social safety net.
If he's unemployed he's living many times better than I do.

>hating on a mere water filter salesman

The fuck y'all talking about standard deviations for? In order to see if fluoride is affecting IQ you would check to see if the p value is statistically significant. Like hello? Why are some of you trying to argue that if it decreases by 9 and the standard deviation on in tests is 15 then it is not significant. What?

Why did you assume that my post had something to do with the standart deviation instead of the specific part i quoted?
Why state something as a fact when you know a) it is false and b) it has nothing to do with the point of your argument? To sound smarter?
>Russians don't talk like that.
Oh, we have an expert on the "russian talk", how cute.

But aren't the water districts with fluoride in predominantly low income areas? The whole reason they put that shit in the water is to help prevent tooth decay yea? In low income areas, where other structural problems like poor local schools might affect cognitive differences.

Please back to Sup Forums, retard.

>leftwing propagandists criticize rightwing propagandists

lel, what else is new?

>everything Alex Jones ever said must be wrong and stupid because I don't like Alex Jones

Looks like John Oliver was successful.

>b) it has nothing to do with the point of your argument?

It does have to do with the argument. The guy I was replying to was confusing the test's accuracy with standard deviation. See this sentence:
>If you were to do the test again, because there is a standard deviation of 15, you could end up with a +15 IQ gain, or a -15 IQ loss.

This is completely wrong. Therefore both accuracy and standard deviation needed to be explained. You're right that if you score 100 you won't really score exactly 100 every single time, the test has some level of inaccuracy, and people perform differently under different situations. But the test does not have an error of 15 fucking points like the guy I was replying to claimed. Such a test would be completely useless.

He mixed up error in the test results with standard deviation, so both things needed to be explained.

Yup . And hes proof that unfettered capitalism leads to snakes oilsman shilling their fraud products to the masses without any consumer protections

Sup Forums exposes the fuck out of libtard John Oliver, proves he's a fraud and a total hypocrite:

The John Oliver Property Tax Scam: HBO Comedian Secretly Buys Manhattan Mansion

observer.com/2017/05/john-oliver-property-tax-scam-trump/

"So it’s a little surprising to discover that just months before, Oliver had a tax attorney set up two revocable trusts, one for him and one for his wife, to hide the couple’s purchase of a $9.5 million Manhattan penthouse. Then he used a tax loophole created by Donald Trump himself back in the 1970s, when the current president was merely a prominent New York real estate developer and aspiring celebrity author.

(...)

But just four months before Oliver’s July show, he had hired slick New York law firm Proskauer Rose LLP, which, in addition to union-busting and representing BP America, ChevronTexaco and ExxonMobil, specializes in helping the rich find tax breaks and buy real estate. Proskauer also has a long-time Private Client Services group, whose “lawyers handle complex tax and estate planning matters for wealthy multinational families,” as well as “executives, Internet entrepreneurs, art collectors and investors, professionals and real estate developers, among others,” according to its website.

Oliver’s lawyer at the firm was Jay Waxenberg, who “focuses his practice on estate and tax planning and estate and trust administration.” Waxenberg, the website goes on, “represents many families with significant multigenerational wealth, and has assisted them in the structuring of their estate plans so as to minimize gift, estate and generation-skipping taxes in the transmission of their wealth through several generations.”

In other words, Waxenberg is exactly the type of fancy pants attorney who helps his 1 percent clientele get the tax breaks and use the loopholes that Oliver gets such mileage deriding on TV. "

NOW YOURE MAKING STUFF UP