US Launchnig ICBM from CA This AM

Not suggesting this is a habbening. It likely is not. But shit is heating up.

>The U.S. Air Force is preparing to test an unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) on early Wednesday morning in California.

>The missile is scheduled to be launched between 12.01 a.m. and 6.01 a.m. local time from the Air Force’s North Vandenberg Air Force Base, located nearly 130 miles northwest of Los Angeles.

abcnews.go.com/International/us-prepares-test-launch-unarmed-ballistic-missile-test/story?id=48973337

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1ya-yF35g
twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/892687620022517761
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Didn't all this shit already happen?

Did my timeline end?

Scheduled to be test-fired any hour now, if it has not been launched already. Above sauce was the freshest I could find

I swear it was tested weeks ago.

Last 2 nork tests were ICBM too

kek its gonna land on NK instead of the pacific
>oops

its another one cos you guys are scared shitless of tiny NK

If only.

Kinda seems that way.

This.
4th test this year.
Unscheduled "saber rattling" - not necessary.

We need some sky king threads again like the other day, it was comfy.

make one

How will we know when it's been launched?

are you kidding ?
it HABBENING !!!
we will get 3 skykangs, we need a general

Agreed.

This. I was bummed to see that none have been up for nearly a day. And here I thought most autists were also insomniacs, esp. those fags

Kinda the reason I made this thread. Was hoping Sky Kangz autists or Twatter-leeches would have some good and reliable accts. to monitor. I started digging through those that follow official DoD, AF, US DoS, etc. etc. etc. So fuckin boring...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, You were really desperate to try and swing that werent you. OH my the US answers China's Saber rattling with some " Oh yea bitch, you want some, come get it " as if China is saber rattling this day, every day in the south china see. Go collect your 1/4 of penny for that post you fucking retarded chink.

Aren't most of these old as shit, with a very high failure rate?

Those were thadds and others. Weve been testing many. This is another.

this should be good. china sent one across the united states. can america have it land in the mediterranean? will n korea fire a new one and have it land in the atlantic ?

I should be able 2 see it. Outside on tablet facing northwest of my location right now

A good point. I was "reading up" on the Minuteman III. What sounded probable is a test of an old system on a new trajectory (e.g. over the arctic); OR, maybe just keeping what are probably embarrassingly shambolic, old silos "well-oiled," not to mention their crews, which might also be "rusty". However, I am a civy-fag and can only guess.

Sure if you go with 1st Gen Tech that was developed in the 70's and 80's. Are you old as fuck or just ignorant???

If (when) we launch at the Norks, it'll be from a submarine in the Sea of Japan.

Nice digits. But I think Nord-user has a point. I have heard about retired air force officers voicing concerns about our decrepit trident. Likely, the most modern and reliable bulk of the force lies in our Ohio-class subs; not sure what our current doctrine on use of strategic bombers is. But has IRBM/ICBM doctrine changed since the Cold War? If yes, how?

The last part of your statement is 100% correct. Your a civie with 0% knowledge of the subject. So stop speculating like your a journalist from CNN.

merely curious. can't help that, man.

well i didnt hear anything more on the brits and their fancy new carrier that was suppose to do some saber rattling in the south china sea

america notified us of the chinks "buzzing" the american spy plane

US should launch an empty ICBM at the Norks with a note inside that says "Your move."

Checked and fuck yes! Are our missile guidance systems precise enough to drop it in the fucker's pool? Skylight over bedroom? On top of some important statue of Kim Il-Sung? Just ideas.

Ofc it has, this is a question I'm not sure your cleared for so sorry m8. If you want those answers join the military and be an oustanding fucking soldier, then seek xfer to a place that has the answers your looking for.

This is sound advice and I appreciate it.

Why is it ok for the us to test missiles, but not for Best Korea?

How about we start with the whole China building military installations in territory that is not chinese. Last time I checked that shit was called an invasion. If anything the chinks are lucky we haven't responded with force yet on top of the bullshit with one of their closest allies , NKorea

This cant be a real question and has to be b8

B/c we are the light in a sea choked with the fog of wretchedness and savagery.

No, super serial actually...
Equally soverign nations, equally unstable leaders. Yet, we only get mad at one of them...

Brb guys, bump this thread until I get out of nuke deployment

We are jew puppets now :(

Love your enthusiasm, and I too am aching to check China's shit. They are cowards, and I firmly believe they have infiltrated our universities w a massive network of petty little "spies" who report on bullshit like our stolen notes from some poli sci class, etc. And always--even if not remotely related to China--they ask some question about how X affects US policy on China.

You are right...

Equally unstable leaders, do explain........ pls i beg you, and i swear to god if you list Trump as reason out of how many prez of the USA, well then just stfu and kill urself, your looking for an echo chamber, not real answers Barney.

STANDING

Anytime ameribro, If you want those answers go find them. However a word of caution, you will not be able to share those answers with anyone outside your profession. I wish you the best of luck user and may you serve our country well.

We usually launch them to the pacific with a dummy "vehicle" designed to land on one of the islands we control to test their accuracy. This happens semi regularly it's just getting attention now because the media wants to scare up the old cold war fears again.

ICBMs have not been completely tested in decades. Obviously they need to completely re-certify them before they nuke the shit out of NK.

I take your advice very seriously, and apologize for anything idiotic I might have said on this bullshit board. If you served, thank you. Doubt I will make anything spectacular of myself, but plan to join the USMC at the end of this Fall/nearest recruitment cycle to Dec.

What does ballistic mean in military terms?
>ballistic missile
Aren't missiles by definition ballistic?

OK. this was my guess. I hate to mention his sorry ass here, but I'm sure Sup Forums recalls (((John Oliver's))) smear-job regarding our nuclear trident. He DOES bring up some alarming points regarding general US nuclear command's preparedness--ignoring his slander of our officers, and fact it was meant for civie-consumption. Interestingly, "conspiracy theorist"/whistelblower/fmr. World Bank lawyer, Karen Hudes, suggests Obama sacked our nuclear command b/c they refused to participate in a domestic false flag--I believe a "planned, covert" detonation or "accident" over SC, according to Hudes. Not saying I believe the last, but an interesting thought.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1ya-yF35g

Good point. There's a well-informed US military-user on this thread that has been helpful. He/she might have enough patience left to answer for us, lest we find some horseshit answer on (((google))) instead.

This is Sup Forums brotha, shitposting is not only allowed, its expected. No need for an apology, and just remember every cog has his place. I would gladly put my life on the line again to defend fellow younger Americans like yourself. Dont concentrate on being spectacular per say, just do your job as a member of the team and everything else 2nd. You thank me, but I thank future men like yourself who will carry on the legacy which is irreplaceable. I salute you and honestly hope you will get the answers you want for the duty your serve.

vagina balls bitch fuck

fuck me I'm about 70 Northwest of LA that base is right here

In so-cal. This is interesting because I was just outside a about an hour ago and saw what looking like a rocket exploding in the sky without noise. Was this it? Or wrong location

Missiles are self-guided munitions that travel through the air or outer space to their targets. A ballistic missile travels along a suborbital trajectory. An intercontinental ballistic missile can travel a substantial distance around the Earth to its target.

Awaiting happening

i want video

Anything is a missile. If i throw a fucking wad of paper at you thats a missile. Ballistic missiles are controlled, guided during flight. Another term for an unguided missile is a rocket.

Checked. And are you serious? Any pics? Check your local shit-tier news outlets

Yes and no. Missiles are not self guided. Ballistics pertaining to missiles covers the electronics from launch to guidance. Missiles that arent guided are rockets.

Dude, God bless you

Launch just took place

twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/892687620022517761

We need to launch them into the Sea of Japan and when people get pissed tell them to be consistent and we will stop when they do. I bet China would turn up the heat.

I imagine our missle defense system is sufficient for their current levels of missile technology but better not to risk it, no one's missle defense system has ever actually had to be tested against a nuclear armed ICBM in real world situations and no one wants to be the first to try. The fact the AEGIS system is getting old and it's easier to build more advanced misses than more advanced missle defense systems is also a factor.

I'm afraid of NKs potential if they aren't dealt with relatively soon but I am not afraid of them at this particular moment in time, in my eyes SK is an very unfortunate but acceptable casualty if NK continues it aggressions. Our tenuous relationship with China, who is surely waiting to see how effective our missle defenses are as well, complicates matter though and is pretty much the only thing preventing us from carpet bombing Pyongyang into the stone age.

I copied and pasted a passage from Google m8. And the impression i got was that the term ballistic in icbm refers to the rockets trajectory. Not the guidance systems. Any other air to surface, surface to air, or air to air missile is a guided rocket. Excluding dummy rockets like you're referring to, which are aimed by firing trajectory, rather than second stage guidence. None of those examples though are considered ballistic missiles because that don't travel at a suborbital trajectory.

The definition of ballistic is:
adjective
relating to projectiles or their flight.
moving under the force of gravity only

The second meaning I think being the more prevalent one to our discussion because that's exactly how ICBM platforms operate. The missile doesn't hit the target like a sidewinder would. Instead MIRVs are released once the rocket has carried itself to a certain point in it's flight path. So that in turn the reentry vehicles are pulled to the final target by gravity alone.

No pics, it happened in a span of 15 seconds or so. The explosion caught my eye, looked up, wtf that's a rocket. Then no trace. Planned to check online when I got home. Instead, forgot about it browsing pol and saw this thread

Pictures for relevance

Also, if this was it, it was a failed test.

Way to blow it user, why dont you just tell them how deep the bunker buster needs to be to run and fuck up our shit

Didn't think much of it, I've lived in Northern Virginia my whole life
It's just common knowledge around here and tons of people move here for work for just that reason. Beleted doe.

>it's getting intercepted by a Russian sub missile 13 miles off the west coast

110% lel

meme north korea into an early death

digits!

or AYYYYS

DEUS VULT

well fuck

ww3 soon

Must be nice to be an internationally irrelevant landmass in the middle of nowhere.

It's fucking lovely I gotta say

SEIG ZEON!

MIRV?
I prefered the Funky Bomb.

tfw millions of asians will die in the next year for the USA

SE FTW!

>Russia intercepting anything other then HIV

Good joke hans

niiiiice

Except our deployments on your bases make you a target.
Wait. Are those your bases or our bases?

Oh no, our enormous empty desert and practically deserted north coast where all the bases are will be nuked!

More like half of the remaining unjewed country's get deleted in a 255v1 battle yet again.

>Minuteman
1960s CALLED THEY WANT THEIR ICBM BACK
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA
>60s era technology
>runs on ANALOG signal
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
*breathes in heavily*
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

US is testing nuclear weapon. Civilized world should sanction them.
Sounds familiar? Fucking hypocrates

>from CA
>not at CA

No one gives a fuck about your opinion, you vodka-swilling faggot.

>finest instrument of death the world has ever seen
>exceptional service life, in our military, generally means its bretty gud, low cost easy to maintain....etc
>somehow not good enough, can't help the Europeon urge to overengineer and overcomplicate, make them vulernable to cyber warefare

The EUs Nuclear ICBMs are clearly superior, lol.

inb4 fully armed and operation preemptive strike

Not sure if your a shill or europoor, but if you even glanced at Wikipedia you would know that Minuteman missiles have been upgraded several times. The silos may be 60s vintage but the missiles guidance computers are cutting edge