To Think About

The ability to use YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Sup Forums, and any and all internet services is indeed a privilege, not a right.

Think about what that means. Many of us have become complacent with this idea that these on-line services owe us fair treatment. They don't. They are business that can do whatever they want. Somehow we can let ourselves view them as governmental, with mandatory responsibilities and accountabilities. Now we've become dependent on them.

(The pic related is a quote from Sup Forums's Global Rules. Sup Forums.org/rules)

By the way, those government assured rights we are used to are not universal constants. Governments could update their "Terms of Service" too.

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
wesearchr.com/bounties/lets-suetwitter-for-discrimination-censorship-antitrust-viol
youtube.com/watch?v=8dQwd2SvFok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

True
Everyone who disagrees, is a leftist cuck

Yes, which is why the government should tax large corporations that behave in a subjective way for their own propaganda purposes, such as Google and YouTube.

They make money whilst trying to change the political system through propaganda.

If they want to be in the US, they should come under the constitution.

the internet isn't a business, they are just bits of 1's and 0's on a phoneline

The ability to maintain your position in society has been redefined by the information age and the internet. It might be a privilege right now but in the future it will be a necessity. Same as with utilities.

You mean like freedom of speech?

Wrong. They are public forums and subject to the 2nd amendment.
Don't like it?
Don't provide service in the USA.
This is how this bullshit should be handled.
Our rights in America are God given rights meaning we don't need men to tell us that we have these rights.

How about you suck my dick? I've evaded over 20 vans and I'll keep doing it. Sup Forums is about freedom of speech, waddle back to your retard friendly circlejerk sites.

Also, the supreme court ruled that businesses don't get to choose who they serve, hire or fire. They have no rights.

>Wrong. They are public forums and subject to the 2nd amendment.

No they aren't. They are privately owned virtual space.

By the way you mean 1st Amendment not 2nd Amendment

>get off my virtual lawn

>The ability to use YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Sup Forums, and any and all internet services is indeed a privilege, not a right.
>
>Think about what that means. Many of us have become complacent with this idea that these on-line services owe us fair treatment. They don't. They are business that can do whatever they want. Somehow we can let ourselves view them as governmental, with mandatory responsibilities and accountabilities. Now we've become dependent on them.
>
>(The pic related is a quote from Sup Forums's Global Rules. Sup Forums.org/rules)
>
>By the way, those government assured rights we are used to are not universal constants. Governments could update their "Terms of Service" too.

WRONG.

It's a privilege for Sup Forums to have our traffic. Same goes for any site.

The wonderful thing about the internet is that there is no end to cheap realestate. We can make our own sites for pennies on the dollar. Something you will never understand, kike. We don't "need" you or this shitty site. Even now I got 2 other chans tabbed that have better information, a better community, active mods (to stomp out kikery), and even a better site layout.

You kikes moved in here, shit on the carpet, and now expect us to rebuy our own fucking home. You even call it a "privilege". Don't fucking patronize me, you filthy shylock rat. I do as I please on the internet. So fuck off.

>On the other hand
You might be right about this

>the internet isn't a business,
As a whole, no. But businesses own and operate the lines, the electricity, the servers, the software (open to debate, I know) and most of the infrastructure.

It sure "feels" like a right, doesn't it?

then shut them down for all I care, i'll be happier in irc

Private business could be easily deemed a public space if its monopoly.
Comparing Sup Forums to the big 3 its apples to oranges.
If you think any government would allow them to just purge every right winger for example, just because they own that business and they are free to do it however they like you are a fool.

Look at it this way, if you set up an online forum, wrote the code, purchased server space, paid for fast bandwidth, would you want the governments marching in and telling you what you can and can't do with your site?

Tell that to the christian bakery that doesn't want to make wedding cakes for gays.
Tell that to the smart company owner that doesn't want to hire blacks.
Government has imposed plenty of restrictions on business that align with constitutional values.

I never said it should be any particular way, but right now we have this impression that we should be allowed to say what we want online. The online sites believe they can run their own show as they please.
Now YouTube is censoring like mad, and we have no weapons to fight with. What do we do, sue them?

traffic can be a burden on a site if it's just going to make the cost of running it go up if you don't have any way to maintain upkeep, Sup Forums almost ceased to exist dozens of times because it was run by a minor who could bareley manage heavy server load while being flat broke.

We'd just find another place, user created and run if need be so shut the fuck up
/thread

Roads.

>We'd just find another place
Such as?

Fuck that. They are "common carriers." Only corporatist cucks thinks that leftist corporations should have free rein over culture/society/the economy.

I believe in strong antitrust and strong "shaping" of the corporate role in civil society.

What if you own the company? The government may as well seize ownership.

some folk is already moving to vid me
what's the problem to upload a video to 2 or more sites, youtube is shit anyway
people only use it just bc they got used to it, and it's being shoved down the throats

The use of a brain is privilege, not a right

I disagree.

The internet was given to us all for freedom of information and freedom to exchange ideas. These "businesses" are just tools of doing that. By monopolizing and then abusing their ToS to basically censor opinions off of the internet for good, they are taking away which was given to us all.

If you want to connect with people, you have to use a few designated social networks, or you're not going to be doing much communicating. Before Twitter, Farcebook, or even Myspace, google searches showed a lot more "amateur" websites than they do now. It's nearly impossible to find sites that aren't commercial, unless it's on some crappy "blog" website like blogspot.

So, their ever changing "ToS" monopolistic practices are gradually closing in on our freedom to exchange ideas.

Twitter is being sued.

wesearchr.com/bounties/lets-suetwitter-for-discrimination-censorship-antitrust-viol

But you're right, we have very little resources to fight it. You can start up your own video service, but I doubt very many will switch. vid.me made a big entry, but I don't think it gets even a hundredth of the traffic youtube does.

Well, there are avenues, but those are all illegal. So, I would not advise them.

Doesn't vid me freeze politics videos or something?

Timmy Burn the Lee should have patented the world wide www: Britain would recover its rightful place as capital of the capital, and we'd not have to worry about the fragility of the sanctity of net neutrality of.

Unless, they changed their tune, I believe that was the very point of making the site. I haven't been there in a while, but I did watch some political videos and posted 2 or 3 of my own.

>The internet was given to us
Sorry....
>google searches showed
Google is a business. Sorry, but it's a service and they owe us nothing. We let ourselves get dependent on it.

So far they only exist because of Youtube fucked up,
now they have a second chance to grow their site,
if vidme fucks up, they're gone forever

the free speech meme is over. Specifically in America, its not the government who censors speech, but corporations who are immune to things such as the first amendment. They get to say, "its my site," or its "my property."

Aaaand then you start being forced to bake gay wedding cakes.
OPs thread brings up an issue currently not dealt with.
This one is going to be a biggie, and it will go all the way to the supreme Court.
The only solution will eventually be pure hugbox sites all over that like minded people jerk off in together.
We are going to become much more divided as a people before we ever get closer in the rhelm of ideas.
We are in a cold civil cultural war for sure.

This is now a digits thread.

We're the product, not the customer on these platforms. These sites only have the notoriety because of the users and the content they produce.

Myspace, for example, is shit and no one uses it (anymore). It's not a go-to site and has little or no value in the current year.

If only parallel services to twitter existed that were designed to be treated as utilities... then the monolith media wouldn't be able to be orwellian cunts under the protection of private enterprise

Styx was going on about vid me in this video
4:12
15:20
youtube.com/watch?v=8dQwd2SvFok

We must sease the memes of production

this may be true but what their doing is still a shitty thing to pull

Help me make a list.

You can say whatever you want:
- over the phone
- text messages
- emails (non-work)
- PM's
- in person, quietly, to select people

You cannot say whatever you want:
- Over radio broadcast (gov't regulated paths)
- TV (gov't regulated paths)
- any non-TOR internet forum (privately regulated)
- yelling in the street
- in person, quietly but to the wrong person

>They are business that can do whatever they want.

That does not mean that they shouldn't be criticized for grossly unethical behavior.

Freedom of speech except when we dont like your opinons
I be George Washington is rolling in his grave at mach speed

There is nothing stopping someone from creating another platform

>Freedom of speech except when we dont like your opinons
or when too many people get to hear them

- lack of know-how
- lack of funds
- lack of time
- lack of incentive (no one will notice, corporate competition too huge)

It can be done, but the challenge is gargantuan.

Kill youtube kill facefuck
this should be Trump's #1 tech and free speech priority

replace them with a meshed network of competing platforms so they're not data scams hoarding all the data the users have put on over the last 8 years. you'd have meshtube and meshbook and youtube and facebook would just be one company of 10 or so competing all interlocked together so that users see videos/posts even if the friends/creators are using another platform. end this data scam rape of the public square & ideas

end Zuckerfuck Data Scam Enterprises and ADL terror thoughtcrime YouFuck

its absolutely required in the current year.

That's not a free market. Not anything close to it. Is that what you really want?
You could make an argument similar the one used to break up Bell, but internet sites are not seen in such a manner. ISPs, maybe. But individual sites? Not a chance.

the free market allowed the Jews to rape the online public square. the ADL controls Youtube. as always the jew does something noone thought we had to make a rule against, and so we have to get the government involved to sort out the jewish rape of free speech and thought

>what is 2^3chan
i can smell your new from here.

/leftypol/ headquarters?
no thanks

It'll hurt their business. Me and others like me I'm sure don't watch the bullshit in their top trends. There's no reason for me to use youtube if they censor the people I watch. There will be a mass exodus and their business will be wounded.

the ancaps are already doing it
I'd drop a name but it's better left unsaid

2nd amendment is gun rights you fucking alt right no brain sister fucking dumbfucker

you're so fucking retarded no fucking wonder social media purge your shit

The "YouTube Is Bulletproof" meme

>Governments could update their "Terms of Service" too.

That's how revolutions start. Why do you think guns are such a big deal?

That's why I will never argue that I deserve this or that. My mentality is more like that of a pirate: You have a highly valuable resource that can be used very effectively to spread information about important things, so I'm going to do whatever I can to keep using it whether you like it or not.

I'm not an ant, user.

>Aaaand then you start being forced to bake gay wedding cakes.

what? This is all you do, any large companies that provide services for people if the company can be deemed to have 'significant influence' and whose services are used mostly as 'public spaces' must adhere to the first amendment. There's a lot of ironing out to do but that's really all you'd have to do to fix this shit.

and also REMOVE DMCA YOU FUCKING AMERICANS IT'S FUCKING TERRIBLE GET RID OF DMCA

I could read it. Anyway:

Stupidest comment of the day. It's early, but I don't think this will be topped

styx in a backwater snob

58% chance this is actually Styx
DF knows you too well

We could also change how we relate to governments and start cutting the faces off bankers and feeding their children's organs to them live.

What happens then?

Patience! Competition shall replace the companies abusing their viewership.

Did it really take Peterson to fall for you faggots to see this problem?

Sup Forums is not a right you bumbling retard. It is a private website.

If you pay your ISP, and view the advertisements on the site, then it's your fucking right.

yes we need 1st amendment protections for most chatrooms that fall under "public or quasi-public settings" so you can't get banned for telling people what they don't want to hear, or "toxicity" as (((they))) have been trying to brand it for half a decade or so

Fuck off with your privilege, it should be a right.

it is just like newspaper idiot, u dont have the right to the paper and ink to print, that is a privilege and must be paid but once u pay for the ink and paper (your internet connection) u have the right to free press and put anything u want on your newspaper.

Why is the right of free speech so fucking hard to understand?!?!?!?!?!

u pay for internet then u have the right to say anything u want geez.

It's like you're arguing for freedom of speech while also combating freedom of speech. How do you and OP disagree?

What was the point of this post?

We already know gook-moot could ban everyone on this website if he wanted to.

Don't have a problem with it being a privilege as long as there is no natural monopoly. If competition can keep us free, it's the right way to do it.

Nat Socs and Libertarians CAN coincide. I'm a Libertarian Nationalist. I want the NAP FOR WHITE PEOPLE. I want a SMALL legit government. If part of that govt. is an army and built in protections for rights good. NatSocs however need to agree not to off welfare programs (which they did). We can meet in the middle and make this motherfucking a winner.

>owning a business means you get to violate basic human rights with your business
Corporatist cucks are genuinely pathetic.

>What was the point of this post?
I like posts.