/CG/: Christianity General

CHRISTIAN GENERAL

>All people, and all Denominations welcome.
>Please do ask questions.
>We will answer them to the best of our abilities.

This general is for all Christian denominations, as well as those who do not have faith or are interested in Christ to ask their questions. Please refrain from shitposting.

Please be civil with your arguments in between denominations. This thread is for everybody to get together and discuss the thing we prize most our faith in Christ.

The New Testament online for free, arrows at the top to turn the page
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 1&version=ESV

Older translation, considered to be much more accurate but takes longer to read
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 1&version=KJV

Online Bible for those who do not have ready access to one at home. Remember there is no race to finish the Bible, read it slowly and take in what it has to offer. If you have questions, ask. If you get tired of reading, finish for the night and think over what you have read as you go to sleep.
biblegateway.com/resources/audio/?recording=kjv-dramatized
A site that lets you choose a type of Bible and then have sections read to you. There is an auto play feature to this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a5F_p1tgex4
youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=70YDpSo2MRI
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=cr9j8Y3PZMU
youtube.com/watch?v=30AunYXtYDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

there's only one truth, traditional catholicism.

1:1 in principio creavit Deus caelum et terram
1:2 terra autem erat inanis et vacua et tenebrae super faciem abyssi et spiritus Dei ferebatur super aquas
1:3 dixitque Deus fiat lux et facta est lux
1:4 et vidit Deus lucem quod esset bona et divisit lucem ac tenebras
1:5 appellavitque lucem diem et tenebras noctem factumque est vespere et mane dies unus
1:6 dixit quoque Deus fiat firmamentum in medio aquarum et dividat aquas ab aquis
1:7 et fecit Deus firmamentum divisitque aquas quae erant sub firmamento ab his quae erant super firmamentum et factum est ita
1:8 vocavitque Deus firmamentum caelum et factum est vespere et mane dies secundus
1:9 dixit vero Deus congregentur aquae quae sub caelo sunt in locum unum et appareat arida factumque est ita
1:10 et vocavit Deus aridam terram congregationesque aquarum appellavit maria et vidit Deus quod esset bonum
1:11 et ait germinet terra herbam virentem et facientem semen et lignum pomiferum faciens fructum iuxta genus suum cuius semen in semet ipso sit super terram et factum est ita
1:12 et protulit terra herbam virentem et adferentem semen iuxta genus suum lignumque faciens fructum et habens unumquodque sementem secundum speciem suam et vidit Deus quod esset bonum
1:13 factumque est vespere et mane dies tertius
1:14 dixit autem Deus fiant luminaria in firmamento caeli ut dividant diem ac noctem et sint in signa et tempora et dies et annos
1:15 ut luceant in firmamento caeli et inluminent terram et factum est ita
1:16 fecitque Deus duo magna luminaria luminare maius ut praeesset diei et luminare minus ut praeesset nocti et stellas
1:17 et posuit eas in firmamento caeli ut lucerent super terram

1:18 et praeessent diei ac nocti et dividerent lucem ac tenebras et vidit Deus quod esset bonum
1:19 et factum est vespere et mane dies quartus
1:20 dixit etiam Deus producant aquae reptile animae viventis et volatile super terram sub firmamento caeli
1:21 creavitque Deus cete grandia et omnem animam viventem atque motabilem quam produxerant aquae in species suas et omne volatile secundum genus suum et vidit Deus quod esset bonum
1:22 benedixitque eis dicens crescite et multiplicamini et replete aquas maris avesque multiplicentur super terram
1:23 et factum est vespere et mane dies quintus
1:24 dixit quoque Deus producat terra animam viventem in genere suo iumenta et reptilia et bestias terrae secundum species suas factumque est ita
1:25 et fecit Deus bestias terrae iuxta species suas et iumenta et omne reptile terrae in genere suo et vidit Deus quod esset bonum
1:26 et ait faciamus hominem ad imaginem et similitudinem nostram et praesit piscibus maris et volatilibus caeli et bestiis universaeque terrae omnique reptili quod movetur in terra
1:27 et creavit Deus hominem ad imaginem suam ad imaginem Dei creavit illum masculum et feminam creavit eos
1:28 benedixitque illis Deus et ait crescite et multiplicamini et replete terram et subicite eam et dominamini piscibus maris et volatilibus caeli et universis animantibus quae moventur super terram
1:29 dixitque Deus ecce dedi vobis omnem herbam adferentem semen super terram et universa ligna quae habent in semet ipsis sementem generis sui ut sint vobis in escam
1:30 et cunctis animantibus terrae omnique volucri caeli et universis quae moventur in terra et in quibus est anima vivens ut habeant ad vescendum et factum est ita
1:31 viditque Deus cuncta quae fecit et erant valde bona et factum est vespere et mane dies sextus

>>All people, and all Denominations welcome.
Yeah no thanks sand niggers. Christcucks are faggots worshipping a kike on a STICK.

GANG BANG.

Daily reminder Abrahamic Religions are the root cause of political, social, and economic upheaval and strife for the past 2000 years. Chrisianity has been nothing but a Jewish plague on the Western countries of this world, and has hastened the collapse of modern society. No wonder people are abandoning Christcuckianity.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell; the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

Europe was Catholic or Christian?

Your graphic is sooo bulshit. HAHAHAHA

This is the most Reddit shit I've read on Sup Forums

You worship a non-existent Jew, you fucking plebs. Kek keep larping as sand niggers for all I care.

lel funny meme

>christianity is universal
>christianity is for everyone
>christianity says to turn your le cheek goyim, don't fight back

LOL
>kike on a stick
Even if he was a kike he did NOT tolerate common kikery going so far as to whip & flip tables over.
>not like Christians invented vital & more advanced technology
>preaches peace
Did they only talk to prots & Autistic Atheists?

>even if he was a Jew he was a BASED jew!
Shut the fuck up faggot and stop with the mental gymnastics. Proof Christfucks are delusional.
>le Jesus hated le merchants! he whipped them!
Too bad he was a merchant himself and preached pacifism.
>not like Christians invented vital & more advanced technology
Christianity had NOTHING to do with advancing scientific knowledge, you are equating two unparallel things. Nice try though.

>turning cheek is weak
Tradition of the land dictates that is an insult & if they still fight then you can beat them as much as you want

What if somebody just walks up and stabs you first, no questions asked? How do you fight back then? Oh that's right your pathetic pacifist attitudes have resulted in the death of the White Race. Good one, sandnigger worshipping cunts. You've been duped.

And tradition of what land? Middle Eastern land of which I have literally no relation or connection to via my ancestry? Yeah, no thanks to larping as a sand nigger.

>Christianity has done nothing for Europe, we'd be more advanced if it never existed!
>Not realizing that if Christianity never existed, the United States wouldn't exist
>lel
Go back to r/atheism you dirty Reddit immigrant.

Just came here to say two things.

Mere Christianity by CS Lewis is an excellent book for learning about Christianity and second please say a prayer for me. I'm going through a very tough time right now. Thanks.

>implying Jesus was a jew despite his hatred for kikery
>he was a pacifist despite telling his men to use swords, telling his followers how to use violence effectively, etc...
>heliocentic theory, big bang theory, impetus theory, nominalist theory, opus majus, medical research, etc... Were all made possible because of scholars & priests who got help from the pope

LOL

A slap and a stab are two very different things. People erroneously extrapolate that quote beyond the intent of it.

Always remember Jesus beat the Pharisees with a whip.

9/23/17

Good night/day everyone
youtube.com/watch?v=a5F_p1tgex4

>study the bible
>friends freak out saying I'm becoming part of a cult
Has anyone had to deal with a situation like this? It's honestly annoying.

what are you saying to them?

you must be saying something that triggers them

Also turn the other cheek in modern terminology is effectively a sun tzu strategem for baiting your opponent into weakening himself while you expend none of your own energy.

I just mentioned I was studying it recently. I know they aren't interested in any kind of religion, but I didn't expect them to react so harshly.

Bumping to fight slide thread

thanks for this

Hey /Christ/, I'm in the market for a new Bible and I'm not sure where to start. Any good suggestions for what I should look for in a new Bible?

you're studying the wrong bible, friend

Kill yourself my man

THIS IS IN LATIN
GODBLESS

Tried when I was younger, found Jesus a few years ago and my life has been great ever since.

You have to go back
you hide flags.
Abrahamic religions are the worst that ever happened to mankindwas pagan, then came the jews too Rome.

sorry but the Catholic religion is run by crypto jews

what did you try?

I have a question: Why is there a flag for Muslims but there isn't one for Christians?
I wish I could have a cross to show there.

OK WRONG

(Not general flag, but one for the comments.)

give me an tldr on this? why should i read it

I tried killing myself.

My 1911 jammed.

I got you user. Its the Fast of the Dormition right now so I've been praying a lot and I'm running out of new things to include.

bc pol likes it nad it's about how an athiest historian is upset that people thinkt hat the Catholic Church was anti science and reason and philosphy in the "dark ages" and says they weren't all that bad from an intellecutual stand poitn

If you don't have KJV yet, I'd get one. Also Douay-Rheims if you can find it.

good to hear an atheist say that

Is the church full of gays and is it the source of pederasty?

Why is pope literally anti white and anti christian?

Is it just one big organised scam? Rip off gullible people of their donations and enjoy good life, not having to work, live in a nice house and have gay orgies every weekend?

Apparently I just agreed to speak with Mormon missionaries Saturday. What should be expected?

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=70YDpSo2MRI
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc - 1.5x speed is recomended by user.

I think Jehovah's Witnesses is the way to go. Seems the least degenerate.

I agree its nice

>1 post by this ID
Kek, should have realised sooner

Sage

>Implying hedonistic atheism isn't why whites are losing
Watching you guys try to figure this out and still getting it this wrong is why I'm proud to be Jewish as a fallback

1 post by him IN THIS THREAD.

Daily reminder that the bible specifies that "Jews" aren't Gods true chosen people, but that Christians are Gods true chosen people. The bible also does NOT say that you'll be blessed for supporting Israel. As a matter of fact, it says that one will be cut down for doing so.

> there's only one truth, traditional catholicism.

The word "Jew" is literally in your ID, (((you))).

thoughts on this?

Know the translation you want, leather lasts decades, ones with red letters and crossreference passage footnotes are nice, some have prefaces for every book with history authorship key passages etc. , some have maps of the holyland and relavent art depicted.

Translation is up to you, i prefer king james version , New King James because newer translations have words like Sodomite and lascivious removed entirely or meanings changed in the OT to imply/unimply rape or prostitution. If you just want a plain word for kids maybe go with English Standard Edition. New International Version is acceptable.

mysterium fasces that is

thanks for the latin bro

AGREED. They seem closest in practice and belief to the earliest Christians.

we definately need to bring back lictors

Go for the King James Version. If you'd like to understand the KJV and everything that went into making it (blood, sweat, tears, etc.), then watch this documentary.

youtube.com/watch?v=cr9j8Y3PZMU

PATERNOSTERQvIESINCÆLISSANCTIFICETVRNOMENTVVMADVENIATREGNVMTVVMFIATVOLVNTASTVASICVTINCÆLOETINTERRAPANEMNOSTRVMQVOTIDIANVMDANOBISHODIEETDIMITTENOBISDEBITANOSTRASICVTETNOSDIMITTIMVSDEBITORIBVSNOSTRISETNENOSINDVCASINTENTATIONEMSEDLIBERANOSAMALOAMEN

Do you realize your bullshit religion spawns from Mazdaism? Do you understand that anyone who studies religion knows your bullshit religion stems from the same place as Islam and Judaism? All three of them stem from the same place, and trillions of people were all fooled by early man. Someone who didn't understand the concept of basic bathing was able to fool all of you idiots.

(You)

Calm down. It's gonna be okay.

Here is a (You) I'll pray for your happiness user.

Whats that supposed to mean?

Get the Oxford Annotated Bible with the apocrypha and read that first to actually get an understanding of what you're reading. Then read the KJV for da prose.

I hated Shakespeare until high school, but love it now, thus prefer the KJV. Not everybody can even follow the wording, especially young adults.

Well no Jews had the most stringent bathing laws and rituals in the world for millenia. So they were much cleaner than you dirty goy

Every time I bring this up religious people read into and then reply "nu uh!" It's like a poetic clockwork of ignorance and no intelligent responses.

It spawns from Ancient Near East mythology but whatever. Read the City of God Against the Pagans and stop being a faggot.

I'll admit, it took myself a bit of reading to begin comprehending "Old English" the way it was intended. Our literacy has changed so immensely since these days, it's ridiculous. The thing is, with a bit of studying and reading, it can be comprehended just like anything else.

What? Nigger google Mazdaism and educate yourself. All three religions can be traced back to almost the same sect.

You pray to the dead, and your cathedrals contain relics of human body parts.... sorry, you're a cult.

Early Modern English*

youtube.com/watch?v=30AunYXtYDg

listen to this