“Mother of All Blackouts...

“Mother of All Blackouts,” an EMP or “Electromagnetic Pulse” attack occurs “when an enemy sets off a nuclear explosion high in the Earth’s atmosphere. The electromagnetic pulse generated by the blast destroys the electronics and satellites in its field of vision. For a detonation above the Midwest, that could mean the entire continental U.S.”No American would necessarily die in the initial attack, but what comes next is potentially catastrophic. The pulse would wipe out most electronics and telecommunications, including the power grid. Millions could die for want of modern medical care or even of starvation since farmers wouldn’t be able to harvest crops and distributors wouldn’t be able to get food to supermarkets.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_electromagnetic_pulse
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859
youtu.be/MQeQWWKKvq4?t=2m3s
kommandostore.com/ee8-telephone-model-bravo/
youtube.com/watch?v=BrIhsF6pfxU
youtube.com/watch?v=8_QnE9-iK80
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SHOULD HAVE BUILT A BUNKER

pretty decent book i read about this called "One Second After" by William Forstchen. reads like a screenplay, but enjoyable. about the only things that work are classic cars.

>Implying NK has the mental capacity to figure this out

>r even of starvation since farmers wouldn’t be able to harvest crops and distributors wouldn’t be able to get food to supermarkets.
kek
sure bro

not happening

(you)

This. It takes a particular type of bomb detonated at a particular altitude under specific atmospheric conditions to cause the desired effect. Basically us and the Russians.

are you retarded?

Good thing someone sprayed metals in the ionosphere to make it more reflective

the sky is fake. it's a projection. we live in a giant dome that floats in the liquidverse, also known as fluidic space

Is that admin?

Why do the kikes hate based Kim so much?

I feel like it the USA would figure out a quick fix, if it hasn't already. This is a huge issue, no arguing, so I find it hard to believe any country would allow itself to be open to such an attack especially the United States

Good read definitely

kekekekek sure fag.
>muhhh emp makin us starv muhhh

...holy shit.

Farmer here. You have no idea the amount of electronics involved in harvesters. I've considered putting some brass netting around my sheds but can't bring my self to do it. Feels akin to literally walking around with a tin foil hat.

Also the processing and shipping would be fucked even worse. People in less densely populated areas would figure shit out quicker, but any one near or in a city would be completely fucked.

I wonder if our natural gas can be pumped with a couple burnt out computers? If this happened in the winter it could get pretty nasty.

so weird

farm equipment requires electricity. without modern equipment we cannot produce anywhere near enough food to feed everyone. cars and trucks and planes also require electricity, and without them food will spoil before it gets to major population centers

I hope this helps you better understand the situation, user

Unless the PLCs are in a faraday cage, nope.

>pretty decent book i read about this called "One Second After" by William Forstchen. reads like a screenplay, but enjoyable. about the only things that work are classic cars.

I second this. Read One Second After, by William R. Forstchen. It's a must read!

I have justbheard all kind of speculation of these "EMP" devices, but non of the proof.
You really think eveything would to brake down?
You know niggers, I work at energy industry as electrician production, mainly power plant building sites and staff, and I can say that energy network wont go down that easy, or break down asnyou suspect. It is just fantacy novel in your head.

Launched from a barge off the U.S. coast, an EMP attack consisting of one nuclear warhead attached to a single missile might shut down much of the country and kill all except 30 million Americans. Such an attack has been described as “a ‘giant continental time machine’ that would move us back more than a century in technology to the late 1800s”.

>Millions could die for want of modern medical care or even of starvation since farmers wouldn’t be able to harvest crops and distributors wouldn’t be able to get food to supermarkets.

Direction of available fuel to farmers would be easy enough, and EMP mostly affects grid connected systems. It won't destroy spare parts on the shelf.

Many farms could continue operation, and oil extraction and crude refining would be back up pretty quickly. Note how Iraqi oil fields were restored swiftly despite being sabotaged. Mere power cuts won't take out portable generators.

It would do tremendous damage but a full bore recovery effort might even be a net economic boost.

Less than 1 day later and the shelves would be empty. Shit happens even now days when there's a "minor" natural disaster.

Cities of extremely dense population far from any farms... Suddenly extremely difficult to get food into... people are bored as shit from no electronics and pissed and fucking starving... police fucked in the ass and not able to deal with massive crime outbreaks and with starving families and limited communication at best... Yeah no one would die though kek

It takes a large, 2+ megaton device to achieve an EMP over America. Norks ain't nowhere near one of those yet, let alone a rocket that could lift it and deliver it to the Midwest.

El lidel esta del copon!

>2+ megaton device to achieve an EMP over America.

That's assuming a natural ionosphere (which we do not have)

Guess what countries don't have a Rothschild bank in them?

what are you implying exactly

>In July 1962, the US carried out the Starfish Prime test, exploding a 1.44 megaton bomb 400 kilometres (250 mi) above the mid-Pacific Ocean. This demonstrated that the effects of a high-altitude nuclear explosion were much larger than had been previously calculated. Starfish Prime made those effects known to the public by causing electrical damage in Hawaii, about 1,445 kilometres (898 mi) away from the detonation point, knocking out about 300 streetlights, setting off numerous burglar alarms and damaging a microwave link.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_electromagnetic_pulse

Takes a much weaker blast to reverberate when you've been seeding the ionosphere with strontium/lithium

EMPs are jewish propaganda

i hope it takes out every fucking smart phone in the world.

>It would do tremendous damage but a full bore recovery effort might even be a net economic boost.
>broken window fallacy
fuck off krugman

>“Mother of All Blackouts,” an EMP or “Electromagnetic Pulse” attack occurs “when an enemy sets off a nuclear explosion high in the Earth’s atmosphere.
you got that much right. after that it becomes questionable.
If you are curious look up the carrington event
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859
and see what happened to civil war era tech when our very own sun dumped a huge wad of charged particles on us.

If a nuclear device were to be optimized for EMP and detonated at the optimal height above the US what would happen?
Much consumer electronics would fail, much of the communications system would fail, large portions if not all of the electrical grid would fail. Some types of electronic equipment, most notably computers and telecommunications devices are especially susceptible and will be damaged even if not powered on.
Portions of the electrical grid may take months or years to bring back online. Communications systems should be much quicker.
Redistributing telecommunications devices may be on an emergency basis for a period of time.
The stuff about not being able to harvest crops is bullshit. Coordinating deliveries and keeping the big cities supplied on the other hand may cause shortages and some starvation.
The biggest killer will be big city chimpouts.

Doesn't everybody have an old car with points and a distributor for just this scenario?

>MUH CHEMTRAILS

I have a horse.

my bunker has affordable healthcare for all

I ride an old motocycle. I bought a pile of 'em off ebay a dozen years ago. All similar models with parts that can be scavanged. I figure I've got enough parts to keep one running for quite a while.
Fuel may be a problem if I wanted to travel long distances during a SHTF scenario, but basic transport will be covered.
The rural area I live in is filled with older model farm trucks and tractors that don't use any modern electronics.

Use whatever buzzword you want to.

The ionosphere has been seeded by metals. This is verifiable, objective fact.

Take that flag off you dumb faggot

Why do terrorists never do Bond Villain tier shit like this? Y'know

>Releasing superviruses
>EMP attacks
>Poisoning the water supply of a major metropolitan area
>Melting the polar ice cap

You got the actual doc for that wood burning engine bud? Seems like a really good thing to have

Best korea and based syria? Iran?

most bond villains are billionaires, I doubt isis could build a volcano lair that they use to launch rockets

Correct me if I'm wrong, but how would emergency telecommunications devices help? If I need the number of someone and they need mine, it's pointless when numbers have been changed. That and any situation that would require new phones would kill cell towers, infrastructure, email and internet servers. Emergency phones would be useless.

Kek

SHIELD Act

There's a huge list of shit I've thought of that I don't even want to type, and wonder why we aren't terrorized in such a manner. You have to get real conspiratorial to come up with any answers, so I just choose to keep eating muh burgers and watching reality tv like a good goy.

>asking for source
>literally has everything you need to find and download it in the image

Terrorists are just a bunch of idiot thugs. 9/11 required no intelligence; it was just Truck of Peace in the sky.

youtu.be/MQeQWWKKvq4?t=2m3s

>i have no idea wtf im talking about

Makes me glad /k/store has been sorting shit.
kommandostore.com/ee8-telephone-model-bravo/

SHIELD Act

EMP was a concern a long time ago, i read the technical papers on it for certain reasons,

it's unlikely to have any serious effects on electronics due to most modern electrical systems having a dedicated ground wire.

when you hear 'EMP' its rehashed shit from when people were actually worried about it. But its not even clear how it would work in a meaningful way now.

We're fine.
Keep dreaming though. It's all you have.

You have sauce on this?

SHIELD Act

If you computer is off, will it still get "pulsed?"

SHIELD Act

SHIELD Act

yup, it still holds charge that's why it's important to ground yourself when you work on your pc inside. static from walking on carpets can discharge and fuck your box up

yeah, you'd have to take the battery out and make sure all the internal batteries are drained

electrical systems used to have a hot wire and a neutral wire, the neutral was usually attached to some breaker, which would be grounded. In an electromagnetic pulse, the theory is that it would overwhelm the electrical system and the neutral would not be sufficient to redirect the amount of electrical spillover, thus sending it back into the system. With a dedicated ground, its a matter of ohms law. It is simply not going to overcome a dedicated ground with max resistence.

it doesn't mean it can't do it, it's just alot less likely. so unlikely that most people who have studied this have come to the conclusion that faulty wiring is more dangerous to society than an EMP event ever could be.

And meanwhile we're letting:
> our fathers become the soccer moms of last generation.

> our daughters become kardashians

> our sons become boogie2988

> our mothers become Michael Moore.

Welcome to the lifestyle of entertainment, because that's all that matters apparently, it's not like half of the world lives in the jungle and fucking catches fish and snails in woven baskets for a meal everyday, and gets by with only mild depression, Oh wait yes they do.

niggers are farm equipment

Please post sauce.
I just need a solid reason to Faraday cage my office. I'm remodeling anyway.

>remodeling
>option to add faraday cage
Why wouldn't you?

Because I want to resell, so I don't plan on staying more than 4 years.

What an awesome selling feature tho, office with built in faraday cage for added security. You could show the place off pretending to be some 00 agent or someshit

Thats a video game m8

youtube.com/watch?v=BrIhsF6pfxU

If I faraday cage it, I stay in it. This isn't the ideal home for me, but I would stay if I caged the office.

man this game was so dumb

Servers back?!?

BITCH, PLEASE.

Look up starfish prime. what makes you think one EMP from 60s era level country could wipe out entire nation?

Box Faraday

>about the only things that work are classic cars.

sounds like utopia

Except there's no gasoline. It's like one of the "corrupt a wish" threads.

We need to have enveryone trained to grow food and fight

youtube.com/watch?v=8_QnE9-iK80

If this happened it would not be by North Korea. It would be by the Khazarian Zionist Mafia with help from Obama and the criminal Deep State cabal. The DO have the technology-where do you think the Pentagon's $9billion missing went?

Exactly. 10kt EMP would be lucky to require a router restart.