California Stops Algebra Requirement for University

scpr.org/news/2017/07/31/74202/california-state-university-to-eliminate-algebra-r/

>After months of deliberation California State University officials say they’re sending an executive order to their campuses next month to eliminate a math requirement for entering students who are not pursuing math or science related careers.

This is how cucked California is. Holy shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eeEWPbTad_Q
archive.is/mTwR1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lets removed the everything requirement. Just give everyone a diploma. Everyone equalized.

Calexit will happen in our lifetimes. Check em.

Secede now

Here's a question California will no longer be able to answer
>Sanchez needs to make $25 today to buy food for his family of 10, he works a job paying $3/h, how many hours does he need to work to buy the food?

Does political "science" fall under that category?

So sayeth Kek.

who cares. its not like they are taking it away for STEM majors. if you are taking non stem majors like African transgender lesbian public hair braiding, you don't need to know any math.

That is just division

This is probably an attempt to boost hispanic/black admission acceptance rates because the ban on AA caused their enrollment numbers to plummet.

None, because his family will be deported by ICE.

Alright fine, they won't be able to answer 3*x=25

student loan bubble already on life support?

WTF, indiana fag here, I graduated high school in 07 and I had to have algebra. How dumb are cali fags?

As a brainlet this makes me feel good

Next up

dropping reading and writing requirements

>eliminate a math requirement for entering students who are not pursuing math or science related careers

This makes perfect sense.

give him $10 to start out with

3*x + 10 = 25

>everyone is equal and IQ is a social construct!
>low IQ mongrels flood the state
>average mongrel can not into algebra
>fucking algebra
>x+2=?
>algebra is racist!
>no more algebra

The mind of a liberal.

Then we'll be eliminating all the non STEM related classes for STEM students as well, I presume? Fair is fair, after all.

Kek wills it

Who cares about college a this juncture? I can assure you that the entire business wold with a clue already ignores education thanks to the past decade of millennials in the workforce. More on topic - algebra is not calculus. It is teaching critical thinking more than it is teaching actual math. No person who can't pass an algebra course can claim to be educated in any real sense.

>People can't even do simple abstract logic are college material

Of course.

Naturally Asians will continue to have to excel on multiple SAT II tests...

Math is racist you bigots

As if we need any more retarded fucks around. If you can't comprehend how to apply math in a constructive manner everyday you better be a hot woman to serve me food and drink. If not kys.

confirmed

These colleges have become marxist indoctrination centers anyway.

This. Why do they require everybody to take mandatory courses about consent, still not asking for it, how evil white men are throughout history, etc.

>algebra
>Arab invention

All according to plan...

If you do the research it is because POC can't pass the class. MTH is a prerequisite for tons of classes that involve basic equations.

I'm a redpilled engineer who lives in CA and I can tell you, if they didn't do this all the universities will go broke.
Profit > Intellectuals = Current education

>implying it is whites
>not nigs and spics

So? Blacks and spics already get a "bonus" to their SAT scores when applying to most Universities. We already give people a bonus for being a minority, why not just drop more stuff? The education system is a joke in America anyway.

You must understand. This dumbing down is very deliberate and intentional.

youtube.com/watch?v=eeEWPbTad_Q

This is just going to allow even dumber students into the low-IQ majors.

California is to dumb for Algebra? What a surprise. What kind of engineers and scientists are those that can't even learn high school Algebra before going to uni?(american high school algebra, what makes it even worse).

Thank God I hate math like seriously why require that shit if you take social studies?

They should.
I wasted shit tones of money and time taking classes in shit that had nothing to do with my major in Bio.
Yeah I need to take ancient civilizations to learn more about biology.
It is all bullshit so the university can make more money and losers with useless educations can have a job.

I took algebra in 8th grade, what the fuck

Yeah, why learn something when you could remain ignorant instead? Who needs knowledge anyway? I can just work a 9-5 and live my mediocre life. I don't need intelligence.

Oh fuck off, I understand not requiring shit like Calculus, but algebra is foundation-level shit.
Math is about thinking logically. I don't think I would accept someone for a job position if they couldn't even pass an algebra class.

PROPHECY THAT CAME TO ME IN A DREAM LAST NIGHT: It will some day be illegal for employers to discriminate against people based on their level of education.

If they wanted to be taken seriously, you'd think they'd require formal logic and statistic for quantitative & qualitative analysis.
I mean, that should be universal for theses and shit....right?

This

I swear I would have been able to graduate much earlier if I didn't have to take mandatory "elective" and "diversity" classes

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. Like literally do this both ways.

Name ONE (1) Instance outside of academia or your occupation where you have employed algebra.

Pro tip: you cant

Request gibs from the Eternal Leader Jerry Brown

After common core white and nigger fail math

YOu know why? a TON of kids need to be retake algebra because all the teachers are shit and pass the failures to protect their butt then when they take the evaluation exam they fail. LEading to a TON of extra algebra and english 101 classes. also spics

And they seriously want to pretend that Universities are still the source of intellect?

Kek wills it. I sure hope so, user.

t. CSU grad

>Name ONE (1) Instance outside of academia or your occupation where you have employed algebra.

>your occupation

hmmmm its almost like people with analytical skills are employed into specialized and high paying occupations

really got my nogging activated

>jew utilitarian thinking
>the vain patience to heap and hoard
>literally nihilism

Who is that semen demon and why is her underdeveloped womb not growing my child?

Entry-level Algebra is so fucking easy though.
>BODMAS
>Lrn2Rearrange the equation

You have to "literally" be retarded if you can't get a grasp on entry-level algebra.

Agreed, but I'm more concerned with why this is being taught in college to begin with.

By the time you leave high school you should have already learned Algebra, Geometry, and how to balance a goddamn checkbook among other practical and useful life skills.

In any case, modern college is a pyramid scheme full of far left propaganda. You're better off going to trade / vocational school.

When I go over with my finances.

Stop being a brainlet, math is one of the most important creations of men. Not learning basic high school math is like never learning what was the Roman Empire or where is Japan on a map. It's sad how being bad at math and hating math has become a "cool thing", it's a clear sign of stupidity and it's by no means something to boast about.

One surrender after the next

Btw I bet that Asian chick in the picture can handle algebra just fine.

Of course.
California has one of the lowest preforming school systems. The only way to get people through college is to keep lowering the bar.

>eliminate a math requirement for entering students who are not pursuing math or science related careers.

THEN ELIMINATE THE FUCKING DIVERSITY, HUMANITIES, ART, AND OTHER ASSORTED FAGGOTRY FROM STEM MAJORS YOU FUCKING NIGGER JEW BASTARDS

That's the real impetus behind free college for every retard. The whole drive towards college for the middle class was due to Marxist shit. Employers used to have applicants do aptitude tests, but niggers kept failing them, so (((courts))) decided they were illegal.

Whenever I go grocery shopping.

It's even worse - learning intermediate Algebra is about learning critical thinking skills that apply far beyond math. This move by the CSU system completely devalues their diplomas.

Really funny that immediately after Trump announces affirmative action is getting BTFO CSU removes the math requirement to let more shitskins in.

fughghhhgghhh

Apparently it's easier to make college fit for dumb people than it is to make grades K-12 fulfill their intended purpose.

think bigger.

this is going to allow shekelstein university to multiply their student count by 6 million

every single one of those retards will major in some retarded major that doesnt require algebra and be passed through easily.

algebra was the last thing preventing this from happening and now that its removed you can say hello to enormous profits for toilet paper degrees.

Algebra is basically a dummy test to keep dumbasses out that shouldn't be in college in the first place. Latinos, blacks, and to a lesser extent women tend to be mathematically challenged when it comes to even basic math.

You don't need algebra, but if you can't do algebra or pass the placement test then you're not smart enough to go to college.

Daily - Engineer.

Daily - Finances

Daily - Groceries

Brainlets should hang themselves

If you can't pass Algebra, a 9th grade class, you have no business in college regardless of degree type. Think about it, if you lack to logical reasoning to pass a 9th grade math class, how the fuck are you going to have any critical reasoning skills as applied to any field of study? You can't. You don't have the brainpower.

California degrees just turned to toilet paper.

>You don't need algebra
you need it for muh finances.

if these retards cant add then they sure as hell cant figure out how much money they're losing in those credit card loans let alone student loans.

RIP logical thinking, welcome retards.

Rest assured -- I understand.

After all, a nation and society built on the notion or preëminence, now being flooded with the reality of this lie, could not be held together if its populous were comprised of critical thinkers and those accoutred with the intellectual tools to discern fact from fallacy.

Dumbf could never have puppeteered into the POTUS dunce chair it not for the dumbed-down nature of the the U.S. voting public.

It's easy to control those who "think" using their amygdala (emotional centre) and not their frontal cortex (logic region).

archive.is/mTwR1

Thats a fucking good idea. Fuck Algebra. One of the hardest Math subjects along with Calculus. I even forgot how to do Algebra after I graduated high school.

>Re-modelling your house daily
>Doing your taxes daily
>Buying avocado toast daily

Being a leaf must be hell

Skills developed by practicing intermediate algebra are used constantly by people who actually think about complex things. The fact that you, and apparently many people involved in this decision, do not understand that proves you are not that bright.

I like to program for fun.

Math is used all the time.

If you think it's going to stop at Math then I'm laughing at your life.

i'm an engineer nigger go fuck yourself

If it wasn't for math our modern world wouldn't be possible, everyday things sometimes require really heavy math that is hidden from us. Such a powerful tool for creating technology, organizing stuff, programming and decribing the universe should not be ignored by anyone who isn't a brainlet.

I needed to order gravel for my drive way. I wanted it a half inch deep. I used algebra.

8.3 hrs

Algebra is less about computing and more about problem solving.

Given a problem, you are to arrange facts and steps in a way to find the answer. And problem solving reaches into every aspect of our life.

Build a gun and shoot yourself then, faggot

What about people with math disabilities? You can't deny them entry to college/have them fail it because they naturally have trouble figuring out tough math like college algebra, statistics, etc. And before you say it's easy no it's not

If you can't pass high school math, you don't belong in college period.

I was pants on head retarded at math, didn't make it past pre-calc and only got 23 math score on the ACT, and I got a B in college math. My shit math scores would get me beat my parents if I were Chinese yet me being average at math I was still more than capable of doing the college work. It's not hard at all and high schoolers (hell even fucking middle schoolers) can do it and if you can't do algebra and geometry you should probably put a bullet in your brain.

>algebra requirement eliminated
>well, I guess linear algebra can be a little abstract for a humanities major
>it's fucking elementary algebra
>to enroll in california state university you do not even require a 7th grade math education

oh but aren't you more well rounded now?
I love that shit they spew about how their education makes you more well rounded.
Fuck that If I wanted to be more well rounded I'll go get a book and read it.
College is a fucking rip off.

oooooooohhh fuggg

Surely then math and science students shouldn't have to take anthropology

aka niggers, spics and other under performing "people"

Algebra is a middle school class. It should be done before you even get into high school.

checked

>And problem solving reaches into every aspect of our life.
Exactly. This entire discussion is the Dunning-Kruger effect unfolding in real time.

I took algebra in like the 6th grade wtf is this shit?