Coal burning is the backbone of the German economy

Coal is clean, readily available, easy to burn and has been the reason we got out of the dark ages. I hope we keep burning coal for a long time to come.

----------------------------

Burning coal for power looks set to remain the backbone of Germany's energy supply for decades yet, an apparent contrast to Chancellor Angela Merkel's ambitions for Europe's biggest economy to be a role model in tackling climate change.

Merkel is avoiding the sensitive subject of phasing out coal, which could hit tens of thousands of jobs, in the campaign for the Sept. 24 election, in which she hopes to win a fourth term.

Although well over 20 billion euros are spent each year to boost Germany's green energy sector, coal still accounts for 40 percent of energy generation, down just 10 points from 2000.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/culture/8560815/Germany-officially-the-worlds-least-funny-country.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>coalburning
user...

>Coal is clean,
Coal became clean when nuclear became safe.
>readily available,
After cancerous mining techniques?
>easy to burn
Badly, it's easy to burn coal badly.

I'm mad, but this is Sup Forums related.

thousands of refugees will be getting jobs with coalburning women. This will help the economy, jobs, and is also eco friendly as the energy harvested from german women coalburning will go towards powering the entire country.

I absolutely believe you when you say coalburning is so very integral to germany.

I laughed

>BREAKING NEWS
>GERMANY BANS COALBURNING! MASSES OF GERMAN WOMEN SEEN FLEEING INTO FRANCE AND ITALY IN UTTER DESPERATION

>Coal is clean
lol no it's fucking not
>readily available
Yeah after destroying landscapes, mountains, and costing literally tens of thousands of lives a year to harvest
>, easy to burn
So are the jews.
> and has been the reason we got out of the dark ages.
wew. wood and stone got us out the hunter gatherer age, guess we should give up on steel and plastics and nuclear power and ((((((((coal))))))

>Coal became clean when nuclear became safe.
Nuclear IS safe.

Germans have a sense of humor after all

Kek

>germans love burning coal
yes they do

>Germany
>Coal burning

Yes it is.

why are you so against coal? Are you a... demorat?

This is pretty good. Almost believable that someone from germany could actually be this deadpan.

Gee, Germany is all for the environment until it hits their shekel wallet.

>Coal became clean when nuclear became safe.

So like 1970 in the west?

Good job, I spilled my coffee just reading the title

Point is we don't need "clean coal" because we have "dirtless, zero carbon nuclear"

Are you delusional?

fpbp

>Gee, Germany is all for the environment until it hits their shekel wallet.

Germans are at their heart nationalists. This is why we have a strong export economy and love our coal power plants. We have coal mines and burn our coal. Coal is cheap and lets us sustain our industry.

We are all about the shekels in our industry wallets. You cannot take away this mindset.

This

>Disregard the opinions of my faggot countryman, he's probably from Melbourne

>Coal is clean
Wut.
Coal and tidal are best. Wind following that.

>Coal
Well shit, i apparently had a stroke. Meant to say nuclear is best.

>Meant to say nuclear is best.
No, no, you were right. Coal and tidal are best.

Proof of coal being better than anything but solar?

>Proof of coal being better than anything but solar?
Look what coal can do. Can solar and wind do that? No.

I already said solar sucks. And wind is a supplement, but it could do that on the proper scale.

>I already said solar sucks. And wind is a supplement, but it could do that on the proper scale.

Fact is, unless you start with massive, cheap buffer systems (e.g. reverse flow batteries on a huge scale), you ain't going to get rid of coal.

And it doesn't matter. Coal power plants are perfect to even out intermittent demand as you can see in the UK. Just use them when you need them.

>Dark ages
Wow, learn history anytime. When Rome fell they saw it as the end of Roman enlightenment hence "Dark Ages"

Wow you understood the joke, guess two minds think alike. Have you prepared your bull yet?

Or you could just convert a couple of (((coal))) stations to nuclear, and save everything?

We get it, Franz. telegraph.co.uk/culture/8560815/Germany-officially-the-worlds-least-funny-country.html

>convert a coal station to nuclear
fuck you're an idiot

Oh, do explain why. So i can laugh at your idiocy.

you don't "convert a coal station" to nuclear, you demolish the coal station and build a nuclear power plant in it's place. fuck you're dumb.

Which many people would declare a conversion. But besides that, you can in fact convert them, changing only parts which need be changed. Ya know, like the Americans have done.

>(((green energy sector)))

Burn the coal...