Liberals and Harry Potter

Why is liberals so damm obessesed with Harry Potter.
>Trump is totally like Voldemort gais
>Hermione is black pls buy my books i wanna be relevant again. also open borders while i sit in my mansion. t. Rowling

anyone havw that counter signal meme with Rowling?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8_QnE9-iK80
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's easy to refer to that one book if that's the only book you have ever read.

Just like biblefags.

I don't understand why they like Harry potter so much. I always thought that it was poorly written and gay, at least compared to other science fiction and fantasy books that i read.

Harry Potter is very gay and they're all faggots.

because Harry Potter is fiction, just like their ideology.

Because it is baby's first hard back.

They haven't progressed beyond the literacy of a nine year old. I remember being about 12 or so and I got the first harry potter book as a gift. I'd read The Hobbit before that, and it just seemed like complete and utter shit. Got about half way through it and gave up. How anyone can get nostalgic for harry potter is insane. It is absolute crap. If that kind of genre appeals to you, there a million other better options out there.

But is poor and weak fiction. There is a plethora of fiction works that destroy Harry potter.

Ok, bucking the trend. I love Harry Potter. But, For anyone to say Trump is Voldemorte is nonsense. He is clearly Harry in this scenario. The entire establishment is against home p him. Especially the media. Hillary is Voldemorte.

got pics here

The reason is literally that it is baby's first hard back. I gave you the answer.

It's got the same arrangement as Lord of the Rings where plebs who only watched the movies can pretend they read the books and talk on equal footing, coupled with the hype of the first few movies creates mob mentality.

90% of Harry Potter fags are moviefags pretending to be bookfags and the other 10% are pseudointellectuals. Harry Potter is a book for babies advertised as a book for young adults followed exclusively by womanchildren.

Wasn't shitting on Lord of the Rings either. Lord of the Rings is leagues above Harry Shitter.

Why didn't the "wizards" just cast themselves out of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Much obliged. I think i was going too far in my thought process.

This. I was literally reading Harry Potter when I was 5 years old (1997, right after the first book came out) as a step up from the simple picture books I had been reading up till then.

Yeah, wtf? Discworld is far superior! Where all its high budget movies? Fucking women get all the shit! Privileged cunts!

Isn't their some really fucked thing that around/after book 4 JK fired her editor and then suddenly the entire thing turned from child-safe stories that can stand on their own merits without prior context, into this fucking mes of fanfiction where everything-but-also-nothing is connected? Like, I seem to remember that the first three books were simply connected via the main character, his friends, and the world they lived in as apposed to this crazy shit surrounding everyone else "Important" in the setting. It was just Harry being the vessel from which to tell the adventure of the year as apposed to Harry the super wizard who will totally slay all the evil wizards because he's just that powerful guys.

Easily accessible fiction, objectively evil villain because moral complexity is hard, every character being a super special unstoppable snowflake that can't be stopped by any of them mean old baddies. It's a leftist power fantasy, a masturbatory tool for them.

To be honest, if you're going to read fantasy you may as well stay out of young adult fantasy, all of it's trash. Try our Larry Correria or Gene Wolfe.

Everyone liked it including drumpfkins until the author did something to offend them.

After Voldemort is defeated and global wizard equality is achieved, the influx of half-breeds and less-capable wizards into Hogwarts and other magical schools grows dramatically. Criticisms of this change are met with accusations of bigotry, including calls of “you are starting to sound a lot like You Know Who with that talk!” This process continues, with miscegenation becoming “all the rage” for the next hundred years.

By the year 2100, magical bloodlines have become so diluted that very few people can actually use magic. Magical creatures find that they cannot communicate with students at school, wands begin to refuse ownership, and tensions rise as “pure” students begin to unite. The fear of a return to the Dark Days is still strong, and those critics who raise concerns over the decline in quality and use of magic are called “bigots” for their anti-muggleblood views.

In more progressive circles, prominent “intellectual” wizards begin to suggest that magic doesn’t really exist — not objectively, anyway. It is merely a social construct, and witchcraft and wizardry can manifest themselves in many different forms, most of which don’t involve the use of magic at all. This is met with great approval by the majority of muggleborns, though there is still discontent among those who continue to actually use magic “correctly”.

To combat growing discontent, the Ministry of Magic decrees that “flagrant displays of magic” are now illegal on school grounds, as this can result in prejudice and feelings of unwelcomeness for muggleborn witches and wizards, who are utterly incapable of casting spells (even those who manage to keep wands)

The school removes most of it’s “applied magic” curriculum, instead replacing it with “Justice-Oriented Magic” and “Muggleborn Studies”, which focus on present-day social issues and the various expressions of “Alternative Magic” that are popular at the time, such as Ouija boards, Tarot cards, and divination of palms and tea-leave

>implying jordan peterson isn't obsessed with harry potter and even more guilty of using it for allegorical purposes

Because lots of girls read it as kids because it had the whole D&D anti-religious vibe, so they fall back onto it when needing to reference something.

O, and they all love Islam, even though they only read it because magic and witches and this is heresy.

Replace magic with engineering
Wa-La

I want a book of this. It sounds like a very interesting concept.

Kek, Dear God someone take a screenshot of this I can't from the cellphone.

My first hardback was The Three Musketeers. I've picked up Harry Potter way later, just because I got it as a present from an aunt, and honestly - I hated it.

3-4 years back, when I had an extra credit writing classes, prof said that Harry Potter is a terribly written book series, and most students got butthurt, so I do see your point, as I doubt people really even read books anymore.

>implying biblefags or any religious person have ever read their holy shit
You overestimate retardation

>tfw liked Harry Potter books as a kid
>read every one of them at least five times
Am I destined to become a libtard? I thought it was just a story about wizards and shit, not a political manifesto.

I liked Harry Potter as a kid too, but then I grew up. That is what counts.

It was after book 5, Order of the Phoenix. Which was the part wherein Harry did circumvent government censorship by giving interviews with the wizard version of Infowars.

This is pretty much the only political meme that is needed for the next century against the left.

Because they read books for people who don't know how to read. They are the same tier book as pic related.

I've read more books than you ever will with less time than you will ever have.

Yes I read harry potter when I was 8 to 11.

Hahahhaa these memes are amazing please make more - thats the first time I have enjoyed a meme for ages

because liberals are children

Has anyone read the stranger? I have that on my amazon wish list but I thought it might be shit.

to be fair it's actually impressive to read the Bible

shits long as fuck and it's not like some linear narrative, jumps around all the time.

Because liberals are dumb and low-cultures so they must base their allegories on fucking shows and books for children?

Hermione is unequivocally not black and it's J K Rowling's desperate attempt to stay relevant in the current political climate. Let's conveniently ignore her writing technique of using ethic names for ethic characters, e.i Cho Chang and mentioning Dean who is black, plus Angelia having dreads.

She claims when she describes Hermione's white face as in a reaction to fear but the more proficient writer would use 'pale' to imply the paling of skin in a reaction to apprehension. So she either is a terrible and incompetent writer or it's a conciliated attempt to entice new readers.

It's literally a story of killing an Arab

>Wa-La

Who /ravenclaw/ here

As a series for children, Harry Potter is not that bad. The problem are the infantile childish adults who were not able to grow up and are obsessed with it.

I was also a 16 year old kid who was amazed by the first books Song of Ice and Fire 10 years ago.

But now...?

rly made me think

Has anyone ever read goodnight mr tom?

Shit made me cry as an 11 year old

>oscar wilde
Nice try but he was a degenerate.

>Why is liberals so damm obessesed with Harry Potter.
For most of them it's the only book they've ever read.
Though they'll never admit it.
Also, Christians warned you dumb fucks that shit was satanic back in the day.
But you wouldn't listen. Now you've got millions of brainless zombies running around with only this book as their intellectual lynch pin.

Feelings BTFO

I have read tons of Camus and admired the guy for a while, then I grew up a bit and expanded my horizons on existential philosophy. CAMUS and SARTRE are french atheist faggots that diluted the grander philosophies of their existential forefathers DOSTOEVSKY and KIERKEGAARD.

JUST READ DOSTOEVSKY AND KIERKEGAARD FUCK THESE BB'S FIRST SUFFERING FRENCH LOSERS, SARTRE HAD AN OPEN RELATIONSHIP WITH A FEMINIST LITERARY FFS

they're FICTIONQUEERS™
it's an epidemic
grown adults parroting stories for girl children
pathetic desu

It's the only book they have ever read and eye think they are the protagonist.

And drinking coffee.

I think it's because Harry Potter books fit with their worldview. They see themselves as the select few (wizards/intellectuals) whose special, inherited powers (magic/intelligence and education) make them better than the common people (muggles/average Americans). In HP universe muggles have zero agency, the real conflict is between the good wizards who graciously refrain from murdering them and the bad wizards who don't (conversely, they believe all social and political questions should be settled in their ivory towers, with the masses accepting the verdict without questions); with even the "good" wizards casually intimidating, tricking and abusing muggles for unimportant reasons and feeling superior to them. So in average liberal's eyes Trump is like a crazy wizard who incites the muggles to rebel by telling them they're no different from wizards and that they can use magic too with disastrous consequences.

They have their shit tier children's novel, we have Lord of the Rings and Star Ship Troopers.

I can't believe you took the time to post this and I can't believe I read it. I am at work and considering paying my employer back.

I'm sorry for not posting another "liberals are dumb and childish" reply, I think this obsession with Harry Potter among adults warrants a more serious take.

If Rowling had any "conservative" fans at all she made sure to alienate them as well as anyone who wanted a video game.

I have to stop reading you I am sorry

>Gene Wolf
This

looks comfy desu

Well, here's my theory.

A lot of Christians were completely against Harry Potter, because of witchcraft being a central part of the plot. So if you read Harry Potter growing up, chances are you come from a family in America that is not Christian. This usually translates to your family being liberal. There are cases where families are conservative but not Christian, yet it's more likely that they'll be liberal. And it became insanely popular, so if you're liberal, chances are you grew up reading the books, or at least watching the movies, of harry potter.

In short, it's normie-tier fantasy like Star Wars, but with a mostly liberal following.

Don't forget JKs own sketches of Hermione.
To the right of Hermione you can see Gary (Who seemed to be part of the gang but became Dean Thomas, an pretty forgettable side character), we can clearly see that JK drew Hermione as white, as the only black character has shading to show they are black.

>Invisible Man
>high-tier

Nog detected

>with less time than you will ever have.

>Don Quixote
When you think about it, this whole situation is pretty similar to this moreso than Harry Potter.

we need to actually fucking kill that whore to show kids what happens when you write gay ass books

youtube.com/watch?v=8_QnE9-iK80

Sincerely, what's so bad about the Bell Jar?
Haven't read but it I heard all her writing is depressing and it had me interested.

This.

I don't really, deep down in my heart, give a single fuck about Hermione's skin color, but what I do somewhat care about, is some celebrity trying to act like she gave two shits about "diversity", until it became popular to do so. I would respect her decision if she justified it with "yeah I always imagined Hermione's as white, but we're changing that now, because diversity and it's my decision, stay salty lmao".

Instead we get half-arsed virtue signalling.
>Here, listen to me parroting ideals and opinions that are perfectly aligned with democrats / progressives / feminists so that I can score easy PR points and become more marketable. :)))

I was a bit harsh on that book desu - it is based grandad reading

I was in fourth grade when Harry Potter came out. I remember seeing it in barnes and noble and then getting it for my birthday shortly thereafter. The fact that grown adults read this shit is pathetic.