HAPPENING ALERT

The hacker who stopped the WannaCry ransomware attack has been arrested by the FBI and held at an undisclosed location without charge.

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ywp8k5/researcher-who-stopped-wannacry-ransomware-detained-in-us-after-def-con

What the fuck is happening here?

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/pagn7v/malwaretech-wannacry-indictment-kronos-malware
archive.is/Jndw5
archive.is/J69tq
scmagazineuk.com/new-banking-trojan-kronos-attacks-french-banks/article/541204/
assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3912520/Marcus-Hutchinson-Indictment.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_Love
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon
documentcloud.org/documents/3912820-MAN-CHARGED-for-HIS-ROLE-in-CREATING-the-KRONOS.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Suggesting the FBI intended for the WannaCry attack to continue infecting computers.
Interesting senpai.

tfw renditioned

does this confirm that the malware was a cia false flag attempt?

bump

weird and unsettling story desu. makes me sleepy.

Same here. Something definitely feels strange about this one.

Well deserved bump here, anons check this out.

Meh.another nothing
I better go to sleep

You have grabbed my attention please elaborate user.

bump

>without charge

You don't know this OP.

Plot twist, he was the creator of the virus

Delete this.

>"I've spoken to the US Marshals again and they say they have no record of Marcus being in the system. At this point we've been trying to get in contact with Marcus for 18 hours and nobody knows where he's been taken,"

he's fucking dead boys

He's in Лyбянcкaя for foiling Putin's attempt to earn some capital from the ransomware.

FBI is going to recruit him.

It's because of his relation to an unrelated Trojan. Not related to wanna cry and not FBI recruitment.

>The hacker who stopped the WannaCry ransomware attack has been arrested by the FBI and held at an undisclosed location without charge.

>What the fuck is happening here?

Shouldn't have interfered with a government operation.

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/pagn7v/malwaretech-wannacry-indictment-kronos-malware

Apparenly he's being accused of selling (but not using) a banking virus, including on Alphabay.

All he did was register a domain in the malwares code. He didn't type 1s and 0s endlessly until he stopped the malware.

well, shit
either dead or hired in some sekrit black project

(((vice)))

He created and sold a virus a few years ago, he dun fucked up and because he went to the US willingly and wasn't extradited, there's not much we can do.

R.I.P in piss.

Archive your shit.
archive.is/Jndw5

Same to you.
archive.is/J69tq

selling and updating. the redactions seem suss as well, he probably got sold out. maybe something to do with the alphabay bust?

Sounds like it to me.

Good, developing malicious software is basically terrorism.

press S to spit on his grave.

He's being tortured right now.

If the deep state's so mad why don't they just do another ransomware attack? Plenty of backdoors still in Windows machines thanks to the poo-jeets at MS.

>Good, developing malicious software is basically terrorism.

Mob lynch all state security when??

Not to do with Wannacry.

scmagazineuk.com/new-banking-trojan-kronos-attacks-french-banks/article/541204/

This.

>He's being tortured right now.
Let us hope! He deserves it, he fucked over a bunch of people by selling a trojan online for cash that fucked over a bunch of people. He's a piece of scum and then created a malware blog to try and distance himself from his crime.

I found this assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3912520/Marcus-Hutchinson-Indictment.pdf

>links to Vice
KYS

Archive it for them if they are too lazy to do it themselves.
Deprive them of profits at any cost.

I think his point was that it linked to Vice which is shit. But yes archive everything regardless

How do we know he didn't create the ransom ware then "found a fix for it" to make himself famous

this.

The ransomware was created by the UK government, then sold to the USA's CIA....

This shit licker found this wannacry thing trying to connect to a website domain that wasn't active or valid or something I can't remember.

I doubt he even did that, he probably stole it from some faggots on IRC and then claimed the fix as his own, then tried to conceal his identity because of this and then got outed as a faggot and is now hopefully being water boarded.

Bump

>shill
Fuck off

>I can't counter facts or engineer sciences
Into le trash can you go Shilly Mcshillster.

They just want him to work for them.

Apparently they got him over a bank attack

So naive.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauri_Love
Also
>Finnish genetics
Jesus why are they so hideous?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_McKinnon

The USA doesn't like being made to look stupid (even though they are thicker than the 10 years worth of dick cheese on my bell end). Poor Americans, so stupid and silly, getting all angry when they get rekt by basement dwelling autists.

^^^^^This one^^^^^

no, the fix he found was very trivial. Anyone could have stumbled across it.

It seems like what happened (as he tells it) in order to get into the groups he needs to do research on, he would write code for malware (to paraphrase, it had to "at least look like something useful").

What I think he wants us to infer is, that someone probably picked up his code, slapped a GUI on it, and started selling it. I'm not sure admitting to writing the code is going to help him though. I agree he'll probably get recruited.

Plot twist he was aid by government black budget to create it.

young people are fucking dumb with security shit. a lot of them think they can play both sides of the fence. but people selling or distributing malware will often eventually get caught, sometimes years later.

you remember when in 2012 there were tons of posts claiming to have a program that could hack facebook or steam accounts that were actually malware? well, they were droppers for a skid client of a guy named bv1. he administrated sales of the blackshades RAT. he also sold web hosting and security consulting services (lol).

long story short, he got doxed, shit his pants, was arrested some time later, served one year and one day in federal prison due to working against everyone else, but he's now a felon.

as far as malwaretech goes, he was an idiot to bring attention to himself by registering the C&C domains for wannacry. if there wasn't a spotlight on him before from law enforcement, there was once he did that.

maybe a foreign country. wannacry was designed to embarrass/shame the NSA for stockpiling exploits. having the patching of said exploits in windows in march of 2017, the disclosure that they were NSA stockpiled exploits in April 2017, and then use in Wannacry in May 2017 is basically shitting on the United States for finding vulnerabilities and then not disclosing them to the vendors and the dangers of doing so.

>as far as malwaretech goes, he was an idiot to bring attention to himself by registering the C&C domains for wannacry. if there wasn't a spotlight on him before from law enforcement, there was once he did that.
he fucked up by creating a banking trojan. he shouldn't have picked one of the two most popular things in cyber security right now to fuck around with.

ransomware and banking trojans: stay away from both of them if you want to keep your freedom.

even RATS more generically are enough to end up with your shit kicked in.
the particularly tough part now is with stronger international money regulations, to keep your shit hidden from the US in particular is fucking hard. the money has to go *somewhere*.
and the NSA's capabilities online are just fucking scary.

Just the based FBI doing its job.
Daily reminder: Sup Forums is an FBI-founded and FBI-moderated board dedicated to turning autism into a force for freedom.

>even RATS more generically are enough to end up with your shit kicked in.
messing around with anything that has been on a popular news website is a bad idea.

>the particularly tough part now is with stronger international money regulations, to keep your shit hidden from the US in particular is fucking hard. the money has to go *somewhere*.
messing around with bitcoin is an even worse idea, and involving other people/dark net markets in your shit is really stupid. obviously the FBI has an informant (the guy with his name censored, documentcloud.org/documents/3912820-MAN-CHARGED-for-HIS-ROLE-in-CREATING-the-KRONOS.html notice how here it doesn't mention the other guy, just malwaretech), so malwaretech has obviously messed up somewhere and given him enough information to dob with.

>look at the teeth
He's a brit tho'.

>it's on drudge
HAPPENING

Just a reminder that the NSA was aware of this vulnerability and didn't even attempt to do anything about it

>tfw thought police make you an unperson

that's the trouble with malware. unless you're some supergenius machine that can handle support, sales, the money, etc. someone in your cabal will always fuck up and flip on you, if you don't make mistakes yourself.

the way this works is if he is officially dead then he is hired, just a remark

>Vice

Are you fucking kidding me? Really? That sloppy leftist news source?